How to clear up useless content within worksheet?

When I copy and paste the whole worksheet for editing, and delete some
useless content, but I find out the file size of worksheet is almost the
same, I am delete half of useless content already, so the file size should be
reduced, does anyone have any suggestions on how to clear up hidden useless
content to reduce the file size?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

One better? way is NOT to copy/paste the entire sheet but only the target
areas.
To clean-up, think you'd need to select all cols to the right of your target
area*, then DELETE these. Then do similar action for all rows below your
target area. Then save the file to complete the clean-up.

*select the entire col (the 1st "empty" col), then press CTRL+SHIFT+Right
arrow, right-click > Delete
For rows, do similar action:
select the entire row (the 1st "empty" row), then press CTRL+SHIFT+Down
arrow, right-click > Delete
--
Max
Singapore
"Eric" wrote:
> When I copy and paste the whole worksheet for editing, and delete some
> useless content, but I find out the file size of worksheet is almost the
> same, I am delete half of useless content already, so the file size should be
> reduced, does anyone have any suggestions on how to clear up hidden useless
> content to reduce the file size?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric

Can't clear print queue
How do I clear the print queue? I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail. The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200. "Herzl Regev" <HerzlRegev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C416F4-BE1D-4CE5-A865-4F5D0FD3EC57@microsoft.com... > How do I clear the print queue? > I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in > /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail. > > The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200. What happened when you...

How do I perform operations within a funtion that operates on colu
I am trying to calculate the % of people under a certain age. In the COUNTIF() funtion, how do I calculate the age and then compare it to the chosen value? e.x. =COUNTIF(A1:A3,(calculate age) <=60) 7/14/1932 4/28/1951 11/11/1939 COUNTIF has its limits. Here are 2 ways: =SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(A1:A3)<=60)) =SUMPRODUCT(--(DATEDIF(A1:A3,TODAY(),"y")<=60)) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to calculate the % of people under a certain age. In the >COUNTIF() funtion, how do I calculate the age and then compare it to th...

Clear
Due to a malformed e-mail message or other malformed item in the information store, the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service may crash periodically. It happens when a staff try to move his mail from exchange mail box to his personal folders. Now I have to restart the services - Microsoft Exchange Information Store every 1 min. I attempt to clean his mail box (not delete) in the exchange server such that to fix this problem. Can you perform an "online backup" of the information store? If this is successful, then the problem is probably related to the structure of ...

Can I embed a sound file within the Outlook message
With Outlook Express, I was able to put a sound file as "background" in an email. Can I do the same with Office Outlook 2003? What have you tried? What didn't work? Were there any error messages? By-the-way, the F1 key has never broken anything. "Graceful/Graceless" <Graceful/Graceless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C22C703-E2BC-451B-B740-559DD3DFE751@microsoft.com... > With Outlook Express, I was able to put a sound file as "background" in an > email. Can I do the same with Office Outlook 2003? I could find no ;prompt ...

clear the list og "open other users folder"
Hi When you use the open an other user folder, it could be a calendar, the persons name and folder is put into a list under the menu File/Open. I would like to clear that numbered list of folders, does anyone know how to do that? thanks, Rikke ...

creating 2 lines within one cell
I use a pc, and when I hit ALT Enter, I can get another line within one cell. How do you do that on a Mac? My boss can't seem to make it happen. Karen Hanson, Mohave Community College Try Command + Option + Enter Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Karen Hanson" wrote: > I use a pc, and when I hit ALT Enter, I can get another line within one cell. > How do you do that on a Mac? My boss can't seem to make it happen. Karen > Hanson, Mohave Community College ...

Adding VLOOKUPS across multiple worksheets
Hi, I am trying to add several VLOOKUP results obtained from data in several worksheets. My formula is : - =VLOOKUP(A5,'Common Costs - Budget'!A5:X74,2,FALSE)+VLOOKUP(A5,'Brighton - Budget'!A5:X53,2,FALSE)+VLOOKUP(A5,'Hove - Budget'!A5:X56,2,FALSE) I have several worksheets all with similar budget information on and, for example, I need to all the payroll costs from each of the sheets. Not all the sheets will always have costs on so I was thinking of doing lookups and adding them together but I just keep getting the #N/A result. Is there a way to...

times part of cell content
I got a column like this: 11/40 35/10 101/100 250/40 I need to times the number before the / with 2 in each row so I get 22/40 70/10 202/100 500/40 Anyone know how I can do this? Thanks Mike "Mike Mike" <mm@mitechhostREMOVE.com> wrote in message news:1rxVf.96540$Fw6.43301@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... >I got a column like this: > 11/40 > 35/10 > 101/100 > 250/40 > > I need to times the number before the / with 2 in each row so I get > 22/40 > 70/10 > 202/100 > 500/40 > > Anyone know how I can do this? > > Thanks > Mike Mi...

Row formatting based on cell content
I tried searching for this but no luck...what i have is a price lis that i copy and paste to my excel document. BLUETOOTH DBT120 D-LINK Bluetooth USB Adapter DCF650BT D-LINK Bluetooth PDA Compact Flash CABLE CABLE - SURGE FILTER SF001NP SURGE FILTER PC POWER CABLE CABLE - IDE HDD/CD ROM AUDCAB AUDIO CABLE - BLACK TO BLACK IDECAB IDE DATA CABLE (HDD/CD ROM) - 3 drop IDECAB133 IDE DATA CABLE -ULTRA ATA 133 (HDD) CABLE - NETWORK CABUTP005 0.5 METRE UTP RJ45 LEVEL 5 NETWORK CABLE CABUTP01 1 METRE UTP RJ45 LEVEL 5 NETWORK CABLE CABUTP02 2 METRE UTP RJ45 LEVEL 5 NETWORK CABLE This would...

Sending Stock take worksheet to Store from HQ
We have 40 stores and a number of departments and categories and want to send stock take instructions down to store level from HQ. I can create a stock take in sql directly which then appears in Store manager at store level, but want to create a sql query to do this from HQ. Has anyone done this from HQ? Does anyone have a front end app to set the filter for the stock query at HQ? Any help here would be greatly appreciated We have our own stocktake and handheld program. On task of which is to take the result of the stocktake taken at store and enter it in HQ and create 307 worksheets...

Clear data from pivot table
Hello all. Usually when building a pivot table report I throw the data sets in the pivot table a few times to find the best way to show data. So I wonder - is there a way to quickly erase all the data sets so the pivot table is again empty as just being created (so I do not have to select each data set and remove it? Macro or some other trick? The closest I got to the answer was the idea to just create another pivot table from the original data=85but it would be so much easier to click a button and all the data is cleared from the pivot table. Thank you as always people! In Excel 2007 ther...

Worksheet tabs 01-29-10
Running 2007 on windows xp. All of the sudden I cannot right click on the worksheet tabs. I right-click and nothing happens. I need to do this to copy and move worksheets around. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or how to fix it or how to get around it? Recently, I installed and uninstalled some add-ins, and my guess is that the add-ins changed a property somewhere. Try this... Open excel Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE (where macros live) hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window Then type this and hit enter: application.commandbars("ply").enable...

how to create multiple hyperlinks within a dropdown list
hi i have a problem here. i would lik to find out how is it possible to create a dropdown list with multiple hyperlink entries in MS Excel? ...

Updating data from other Excel workbooks/Worksheets
Hi I've created a workbook (let's call it Bucket) which fetches data from some linked workbooks. However when I open Bucket I get error message '#VALUE!'. What I have done is add a formula which is supposed to to do some calculation in the other worksheet and then update information in Bucket. Refreshing does not work and I've already changed the trust center settings to automatcially update the data links. What should I do...? Just a note: When I open all source files from "edit links" the data gets updated. "Asim" wrote: > ...

Clear outlook and reset for new user
I'm at a new job. I got the fired guy's work station. How do I clear everything out of MS Outlook and reset it for my own use? Start with a new mail profile; Control Panel-> Mail-> Show Profiles For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm Starting with a new user account would also clear the rest of his settings for the entire Windows environment and configured applications. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:/...

Filtering data within macros
I have a spread sheet with 6 coloums of data such as name,month,job. have filters so i can see how many jobs are done in a month or how man jobs one person is doing. I would like to be able to write a macr which works out most of the combinations of filters and outputs it t a seperate sheet. There are lots of different options for each coloum tho! Is there any quick ways i can do this other than reseting th filters everytime for every combination? hope i have explained this ok....its even confusing me!! Cheers Robert -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This may be helpful ...

clear 1099 history
any one have any scripts to clear 1099 history by vendor or vendor class? Current Year UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99AYTD = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' Life to Date UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99ALIF = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' UPDATE PM00202 SET TEN99ALIF = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' Last Year UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99ALYR = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' PM00201 is the PM Vendor Master Summary, PM00202 is the PM Vendor Master Period Summary. Life to Date amounts are stored in both tables. Current Year and Last Ye...

Clear a worksheet without clearing formulas?
Have a worksheet been using; don't have a blank master. Now i need a blank worksheet with the formulas still intact. doodah, try this, Edit, go to, special, constants, OK, delete -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "doodah" <doodah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:938DD5AB-A704-4C9C-93EE-772ADA2BD872@microsoft.com... > Have a worksheet been using; don't have a blank master. Now i...

Can't change content of edit box !?
Hi all, I have a dialog window for the user to enter some data and then the program goes and does something with it. The edit controls used for the data are initialised to some default values but then I don't seem to be able to change the value (these have NOT been disabled and are NOT read-only). Can anybody tell me what's going on and how to fix it so that I can change the values? Thank you very much in advance. Noelia This reminds me, my toaster stopped working this morning, and just doesn't toast anymore, any ideas? AliR. "ermutarra" <noelia@nofcon.com> ...

To clear the Open Other User's Folder list & To clear the Find a Contact list
What registry key would apply for Outlook 2007 for each catagory? To clear the Open Other User's Folder list ... The first article explains how to get to the right point in the registry. The second article explains what value to look for (101e0390) once you get to the right key in the right profile. It was written for Outlook 2000, but applies to Outlook 2002 as well (Outlook 2002 being version 10.0 instead of 9.0). To clear the Open Other Users folders MRU in Outlook 2003, follow the steps for Outlook 2000 but look for the binary value101f0390 To clear the Find a Contact list .....

Concatenation operator within strings
How can the concatenation operator be included within strings? I have a function that concatenates the selected values from a listbox but would like to add " & "*" Or " to each value: Public Function ConcatList(frmWhichForm, varWhichControl) Dim varItem As Variant Dim stParameter As String Dim WhichForm As Form Dim WhichCntl As Control Set WhichForm = frmWhichForm Set WhichCntl = varWhichControl stParameter = "" For Each varItem In WhichCntl.ItemsSelected stParameter = stParameter & WhichCntl.ItemData(varItem) & " ______________ "...

how do I copy the page format form one worksheet to another?
I am trying to format several sheets in a workbook with rows to repret at top, left side and so on. How can I format one sheet and copy over to other sheets If all the sheets are the same, you can probably hold the Ctrl key, click on all the tabs you want to format, and start formatting. That should work for you. HTH, Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "keme" wrote: > I am trying to format several sheets in a workbook with rows to repret at > top, left side and so on. How...

new mail rule: Clear Categories on mail (recommended)
I use OL 2003 and I have lots of rules to sort email into folders. I use this facility to keep all my messages from different lists and groups separate from each other. The other day I was editing this list and noticed a new rule at the very top of the window: Clear categories on mail (recommended) I KNOW I never added this rule. Nor can I edit/ modify / delete it. Can anyone tell me what this rule does? When I tried to uncheck the checkbox, that operation failed. This rule no text in the Rule Description window, so I have no idea what it is doing. When I select this rule, the X-Dele...

Pulling Specifcic info from worksheet to another
Hello. Here is my dilemma. I have two worksheets. One with records that include first name, last name & company. The second worksheet has first name, last name, company and email address. I am trying to 'fill in the blanks' on worksheet 1. What I want to do something that says if first name & last name & company name match in both workbook 1 & workbook 2, then place the email address found in worksheet 2 to the appropriate cell in worksheet 1. Is it possible? ...

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...