How to change default date format of dd-mmm?

When I enter a date in m/dd format, e.g. "7/15",it is
automatically converted to dd-mmm format ("15-Jul").
How can I change this so it stays in 7/15 format?
Thanks.

Ken

Format the cell as m/dd from Format>Cells and click on Date and m/dd

Andy.
"Ken B." <kborthwick@movadogroup.com> wrote in message
> When I enter a date in m/dd format, e.g. "7/15",it is
> automatically converted to dd-mmm format ("15-Jul").
> How can I change this so it stays in 7/15 format?
> Thanks.

0
andy9118 (66)
7/15/2003 2:35:34 PM
Ken

I don't know of a way to make it always show 7/15. If you just need to
display 7/15, and it doesn't need to be a date you can precede the entry
with a '

> Thanks, Andy. I should have worded it better.  I do know
> how to change the format of the cell. What I want is to
> change the behavior of excel, so that when I enter "7/15"
> in any cell in any workbook, it does not convert it to "15-
> Jul" automatically, but leaves it as "7/15".
> K.

0
andy9118 (66)

External data link change

Default Company at Login
What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login? Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default? i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company, Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the user? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that company. If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default. You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are o...

Why does the change change to a number?

automatically insert current date
Hello Group, I'm trying to create a Fax template in which the date field will automatically fill in with the current date. I've downloaded some of the MS templates which will do this, but I have no way of knowing or seeing what code is in that field. If I'm doing a template on my own, how to I get the date to update to current one automatically? Many thanks. Jack The application you are using is? JClark wrote: > Hello Group, > > I'm trying to create a Fax template in which the date field will > automatically fill in with the current date....

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

Convert dates stored as text
I have Excel 2007 in English, but I sometimes receive data that comes from another applicationes, so dates are stored as text because they come in following format: dd/mm/yyyy. And I have the format mm/dd/yyyy. So, in the same column, I have dates stored as dates, and dates stored as text. Which is the easiest way to convert them all to date format? Thanks in advance. Regards, Emece.- Be careful. I'd bet that those values that come in as real dates aren't what the original data represent. For instance, if you have two values: 25/12/2010 and 01/02/2010 The...

How to change icon for my application

publlisher 2003 date format
i have recently updated Office 2002 to 03 and cant get the date format to uk style in publisher. xp date format is setup ok access and excel display the dates ok but when i merge access to publisher the dates are in American format. can anyone help please? ...

OWA as default web page
I have a front end server I'm using for OWA. I would like to configure IIS to default to the login prompt when the user hits the web server, without having to type "/exchange". For example: https://webserver.domain instead of https://webserver.domain/exchange Is there a way to configure this? Thanks The article below describes how to redirect the Default Web page to point to the Exchange virtual directory. 319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default Web Site http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878 >-----Original Message----- >I have a front end server...

How to change newsgroup message font

Count the cels with the same collor made with conditional formatting!
Hi all, Who nows how i can count the collor cels (red-green-yellow) in my worksheet! I'm using conditional formating to collor them. I need the sum of all cels with the same color to put them in a chart. Thanks! Greetz, Jan ;-)) Hi Jan have a look at this previous discussion http://tinyurl.com/3xr9b -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Freesurfer wrote: > Hi all, > > Who nows how i can count the collor cels (red-green-yellow) in my > worksheet! I'm using conditional formating to collor them. > I need the sum of all cels with the same color to put them in a ...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Exporting a date field in Excel to an Outlook Calendar?
Is this possible? ...

Should I change this code?

How to convert amount in word format (Like 40.00 is Rs. Forty )
I want to convert a value of cell in word format, Like i have a value in cell is 40000.00 (i want to convert it into Rs. Forty Thousand Only) is there any formula in excel for this function See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Dinesh" <Dinesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA0668EA-7A00-4036-A787-A16939314899@microsoft.com... > I want to convert a value of cell in word format, > > Like i have a value in cell is 40000.00 > > (i want to convert...

some replies come from default account
Some email replies from me come from the address to which the email was sent and others come from my default address. For example if I reply to a message that came to kozmo@thisaddress.com, the reply comes from kozmo@defaultaddress.com. I can change it manually for each reply but that's a pain and if I forget to it's a problem. Not all messages behave this way. Some come from the correct "reply from" address. I can't figure out what the difference is for those that come from the correct address. I'm using OL2000 on XP, Internet Mail Only. Any ideas what'...

00/01/1900 In the date cell when linked cell is empty?
Hi I have 52 worksheets all linked up to a total sheet that is working very well thanks to RD All I need to do now is sort out the date this is copied from sheet1 onto the totals page and works fine when the date is put into sheet1. However if the cell is blank on sheet2 the date is put into the totals sheet as 00/01/1900 when the date is put in sheet2 all is well with the right date entered into the totals sheet. So how do I get the totals date to stay blank until the weekly sheets have a date put into the sheet please. the format I am using is below many thanks for all the help I ...

Unreadable date
I enter a date into a cell, such as 1/16/2006, and it appears as ######## when I hit enter or click on another cell. Why? the ######## just shows when there is not enough room to show the value of the cell. Either change the format to something smaller m/d/yyyy or enlarge the column "Mark" wrote: > I enter a date into a cell, such as 1/16/2006, and it appears as ######## > when I hit enter or click on another cell. Why? ...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003