How to cause a pivot tables to not summarize data - just report the data

I have a simple spreadsheet that is the result of selecting records
from a database, and exporting the results to a .csv.

Column 1 is a user name
Column 2 is a title associated with a database column
Column 3 is the data associated with the database column

There are approximately 20 database columns which are referenced in
this spreadsheet, thus each user will have up to 20 records in the
sheet.

All I want is to pivot the data, and perform no calculations against
it. I only want to show what value is associated with each database
column for each user.

Can Pivot Tables do this?

0
greg8015 (1)

Pivot table and filter
Consider the table below. If you do a pivot table summing the qty of Product, you end up with abc, with a net of 0, and ast with a qty of 0 also. If I wanted to filter out results in the pivot table that were equal to zero, how would I do that? I cannot find a way to set a filter, such as you can do with Data, Filter, Auto Filter, and then filtering out the unwanted values. It looks like to me that you should be able to do this without doing an edit copy, and edit paste of the pivot table table into another sheet and then setting up an Auto Filter in the way described above. Pr...

pivot table calculations #2
In the 2003 version attempts to calculate from the pivot table generates a long fomula including an absolute referece - therefore you can't copy the formula down the column. Is there a way to automatically use relatational reference rather than absolute reference?-- Joe S. There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Joe S. wrote: > In the 2003 version attempts to calculate from the pivot table generates a > long fomula including an absolute refere...

League table 01-27-10
Please help Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E Col F Team A Team B 3 2 Team A 1 Team C Team D 2 1 Team B 1 Team A Team C 0 0 Team C 1 Team D Team B 1 2 Team D 1 Team D Team A 2 1 Team B Team C The above is a fixture & result table of a ‘Round Robin’ soccer competition where columns A&B are the fixtures & column C & D are the scores of the respective games. Column E shows the teams in a league table format and column F is the number of wins for each team. What I need is a formula to calculate the number of wins for each team bearing in mind they...

Office 2008 causes A keychain cannot be found to store "Safari."
Since installing Office 2008 and updating to the latest version I get the following error in Safari (not Office): A keychain cannot be found to store "Safari" I have tried first aid on the keychain but that didn't help. Anyone know what is going on? Thanks, Howard. I just installed Office 2008 myself and am now getting the same Safari Keychain error message. Being a new Mac user, I don't know enough about Keychains to have a clue. Gene ...

save record to a different table
I have a form that is derived from an action query (qyfeadata). This query is created using two separate table (tblWheelData, tblFProj). The form works great for updating records and adding new Records, but I need to add a "New Iteration" capability. When adding a new record, the form populates both the tblWheelData and tblFProj tables (via the action query). For the "New Iteration", I need to use the forms format (visual) and just create the new record in the tblFProj table (and the query of course). In the tblFProj table, I use the WheelNameID (from the tblW...

linking tables error
when trying to link to access projects together, i get this error #3011... anyone know what it means, or where i can go to find out more? (i did a google search, but got back mostly Microsoft jiberish UGH!) ...

table problems
when i try to open an attachment...my publisher freezes up with a mesage that reads... the table is too large for the workspace because of a printer or style change, your table has become larger than publisher's workspace. to solve this problem, you can delete your table, or remove some text from your table. note: publisher may have locked the table size as a resuilt of this action. if your table does not expand to accommodate the text, click grow to fit text on the table menu. What are they talking about??? do i need to take the excel spreadsheet out?? or is it soemthing els...

Colour coding data
Hi- I would like to be able to automatically colour code percentages into red, amber, green depending on the number. I know this can be done but cannot figure out how! Any help appreciated Use conditional formatting. See http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html --- HTH Bob Phillips "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD770409-882A-40E2-9D3D-DBAD19AD95D7@microsoft.com... > Hi- I would like to be able to automatically colour code percentages into > red, amber, green depending on the number. I know this can be ...

Due date and time on activity does not cause a reminder
When I set a due date and time on an activity, ie. phonecall, there is no reminder for this. Is it possible to change this so that I get a reminder. Mattias Kyhlan: The CRM SFO Client is the only component that allows Activity reminders, since it lies overtop of Outlook Activity forms. Activities native to CRM (Phone Calls, Letters and Faxes) do not have reminder features in v1.2. I have not heard that reminders for CRM web Client activities will be include in the v2.0 release, but one can hope. There are some ISVs out there that that have "Reminder" features, but I can'...

Pivot table
Hi, I have a table of data which includes and area number for each item (1 to 10) and a length for each item. I would like to find out how many lengths are less than a specified threshold, in each area. Is there a function in pivot tables that can tell me this? Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks Sean There's nothing in a pivot table that will calculate that. You could add a field to the source data, and use a formula to return a 1 if the length is less than the threshold. Then, add that field to the pivot table, and sum the amount. Sean wrote: > Hi, > > I have ...

Regarding data needed for regular meetings
Hello. I have a project that must be finished in Q4 in order to garner revenue for the year. To that end, I'm enforcing daily (1/2 hour) and weekly meetings. I'm trying to figure out what views are appropriate for which meeting. Perhaps in the daily meeting a view filtered to show the week's activities. Then in the weekly meeting, what, maybe a report showing activities for the month along with risks and issues? Anybody have real-world expertise they can apply to this? Thanks in advance. ...

Wen Services Uninstall failure
I get this error when I try and uninstall \ Repair WEb Serviices: Failed to read IIsWebs table (-2147023728).. Any ideas please? -- Thanks guys:) Neillin It seems your IIS metabase database (metabase.bin) is corrupted or you may not have enough priviledges to uninstall. If your metabase is corrupted, there is not much you can do without a backup. However, try the following: 1) Open the command line window and type in NET STOP IISADMIN /Y and execute. 2) Then go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components. Next time post in the Windows Community grou...

Ungrouping EMF file causes shapes to be distorted.
Hi, exported a shapefile from Arcmap as a .emf and then imported it into Excel. when I try to ungroup it, all the shapes don't fit together anymore, they all shift a little bit. does anybody know why it's doing this? Thanks, Michael Shaffer ...

Pivot Chart #12
Is there any way to show Grand totals on the Pivot charts and make them stay as you change the views? -- KF ...

Is there a convienent way I can exchange a table's rows and columns?
I'm new to excel. Now I have several tables I wan't to change their rows to columns and vice versa, how can I do these? Copy the data you want to transpose. Than click a cell where you would like to past it yoo and right click, select paste special then transpose. Hope it helps >-----Original Message----- >I'm new to excel. Now I have several tables I wan't to change their rows to >columns and vice versa, how can I do these? > > >. > Thank you very much! "Jay" <defibril8@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:060401c3cdaf$374fbf90$a0012...

Compatability report?
The following features in this workbook are not supported by earlier versions of Excel. These features may be lost or degraded when you save this workbook in an earlier file format. Minor loss of fidelity # of occurrences Some cells or styles in this workbook contain formatting that is not supported by the selected file format. These formats will be converted to the closest format available. 2 What exactly do I do regarding the message above as I dont know what is or isnt supported. The message pops up every time I open the workbook. I did delete `...

Data Source for Analytical Accounting
When I run any of the queries for Analytical Accounting, it processes partially and then appears to hang. If I go to the Task Manager, I can see a task for Select Data Source. When I swtich to the that task, I can select a data source and then must login and the query finishes writing to Excel. How can I setup the data source to be saved, selected and logged into, automatically. It does not seem like this should be something a user has to do each time. Thanks I am having same problem too,moreover the screen of multilevel query is displayed at status bar,I cant restore it or close ...

Skype causes bluescreen minidump
After installing an 02 air card stick, whenever I use Skype & try to re-start the 02 Mobile Partner, I get a bluescreen minidump error. If I un-install Skype I can re-start the 02 but sometimes still get the bluescreen for several tries. I've also had problems "windows cannot connect" with some wifi connections even though I had the correct password. Thanks for your help! -- Magicrose ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Magicrose's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/260810.htm View this thread: http://forums...

removing data
I have a worksheet in which there is some data that I cannot delete. I can highlight the cells behind this data, but not the data itself. Any suggestions? This is a shared workbook/sheet. :confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Is it a picture of data? If not, how are you trying to delete it? Delete rows or columns. (Maybe the worksheet is protected, too.) Selecting the range and hitting the delete key (or edit|clear|contents) would fail if the range were locked and the worksheet were protected, too. And finally, if it isn't these, what version of xl are you ...

excel user data
Is there a file that holds user data such as page break locations that could be transferred to a new machine? AFAIK that would be part of each workbook. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jnewsome" <jmnewsome@gdph.state.ga.us> wrote in message news:d02d01c48aac$1051a290$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a file that holds user data such as page break > locations that could be transferred to a new machine? NOTE: page break settings are workbook-specific and would be stored with the workbook. For other global stored settings.......... Do a file search...

Cannot import data from CSV
Trying to import data into CRM 4.0 Go to Data Management and press "New" button. Import Data Wizard -> Browse for .csv file - press "Next" Import Data Wizard - Select Record Type : Data Map (press button to go to Data Map page) Look Up Records -> Press "New" Data Map:New - select Record Type from ddl: then press "Attributes" link in menu Press "Load Sample Data ..." button Upload Sample Data dialog -> Browse - locate .csv file Press OK ERROR: "The file is too large and cannot be uploaded. Please reduce the size of the file and...

Requery a sub table
I have a table that acts as the child (sub form) of a parent (main) form. There is a command button on the main form that runs a query which deletes the underlying records of the sub form. Then, the row of the sub table shows delete. How do I get the sub table data sheet to refresh or requery so that the error message disappears? In a standard mainform/subform design, it isn't necessary to delete the underlying records then re-fill the table with new records. By design, the subform control on the main form has a pair of properties that lets you show Access how a record in ...

unknown cause of PC "Ignore Shutdown"
My Win XP (3) was humming along one minute and on the next it froze. All efforts to regain its use, failed. I restored and looked for cause. The result of "sc query" at the command promt brought two pages of: Display Name Norton Unerase Protechtion Type: 110 Win 32 Own Process 4 running C Stoppable, Not Pausable Ignore Shutdown Some of the other Displays: NSvc Log , PLFlash Device Control Service, Plug Play, Pmls Driver, Police Agent, Protective Service, Protective Storage, etc. Prior to this problem I installed no new programs, received no up-dates (knowingly), made n...

Meeting requests cause bounced email
Is there some exchange setting which allows all meeting requests to be carbon-copied to a specific user? Everyone at work keeps getting bounce backs from an ex-employee everytime they create a meeting request. I checked that users mailbox settings and he's not in any groups and no seems to be forwarding his or her mail to him. This is really weird and my searches haven't brought anything up. Any ideas? Delegates? Alternate Recipient? brada@tetradata.com wrote: > Is there some exchange setting which allows all meeting requests to be > carbon-copied to a specific user? Eve...

What causes #######
What causes ####### to display into infinity. I know normally when this happens it means the column width is not correct, but what I am getting is one that auto colmn resizing has no effect on. The cell causing the problem is E5 it is formatted Custom h:mm with the formula =D4-C5 D5 and C5 is formatted General and when a value is entered such as 845 it changes to 8:45:00 AM with a fomat of Custom h:mm:ss AM/PM I do not want the formatting of D5 or C5 to be altered as it is very convient to enter 845 to display the time for example. Anyone got some idea what is happening h...