How to AUTO SAVE as opposed to turning on auto recovery: EXCEL

Is there a way to have Excell perform a SAVE at a specified frequency?
--
T-mo
0

T-mo

If you're using Excel 2002 or 2003, there is no Autosave in XL2002 and 2003 as
there was in earlier versions.

Autorecovery from Tools>Options>Save is it.  This is not the same as Autosave
which made true incremental saves at intervals and alerted you before saving.

Autorecovery just saves a temporary file which it deletes if Excel closes
normally without incident.

BTW.....Dave Peterson reports that he tried an earlier version of Autosave.xla
in XL2002 and it seemed to work fine.

I have also tried the Autosave.XLA from XL97 and does the job.

To download the 97 version go here.....

http://www.stat.jmu.edu/trep/Marchat/sp2001/Library.htm

In addition to the above......Jan Karel Pieterse has an addin called AutoSafe
which also doen't alert before saving.

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves.  It saves to a user
selectable folder.  And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or
puts them in the recycle bin).  And the user can always restore the backups
from the recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm

(look for AutoSafe.zip)

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:22:02 -0800, "T-mo" <Tmo@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Is there a way to have Excell perform a SAVE at a specified frequency?

0
Gord

EXCEL BASIC PARAMETERS
Hi, Could someone tell me the name of the file or files that contains EXCEL information on the toolbar? I have 2 computers and I don't want to recreate the buttons in my EXCEL on the second computer, that I created on the toolbar of the first computer. Thank's ahead. *.xlb the wildcard (*) is depending on your Excel version, you can search for it using advanced search (search hidden files or folders) using the wildcard -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bobby" <rpqcca@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b23368a2-8a46-4e10-a6ba-87f2ee746abd@g21g2000hsh.googlegroups.com....

Outlook does not save the e-mail addresses entered
I am using Outlook 2000 SR1. When entering a new contact, it does not save the e-mail address along with the other information logged in. I have tried substituting the contact's name with the e-mail address to send e-mail, but I get an error message that it does not recognize the contact name. How can I fix this? ...

"Shrinkage" Problem when saving as PDF
I have a newsletter created in Publisher, which I send to the printer as a PDF. When I create the PDF, everything on the pages gets slightly scaled down, creating a larger margin and my nice crisp text becomes a tad fuzzy. I'm using Publisher 2007 and have tried 1) Publish as PDF or XPS, 2) Print, and select the printer as Adobe PDF, and 3) Save As *.pdf, all with the same results. I have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, if it matters. Can you advise me on settings that I need to adjust when I create the PDF? Or something else? When you go to print, select Preferences and set the margins to 0 (z...

Auto Filter problem

Auto-Editing

Docmd.Save
I'm using the following code to save my record before printing it If Me.Dirty Then Docmd.Save I'm getting an error saying I have not specified the object Do I have to specify 'table' and the table name each time I use this statement, I thought it defaulted to the current object? "mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in message news:CE644884-31D0-4428-B1B0-D0E792B1F87A@microsoft.com... > I'm using the following code to save my record before printing it > > If Me.Dirty Then Docmd.Save > > I'm getting an error saying I have not spec...

Exporting Excel Charts in Separate Tabs
I have an excel file with different charts on each tab. The Excel file has at least 20 tabs and I would like to export them into Word as a separate sheet per tab for a reference guide. Is there a way to export from excel without having to cut and paste each tab? I am using MS Office 2003. ...

Problem while saving a shared excel'07 document
Hi, in my bussiness, we have a shared excel 2007 document. This document worked fine with Excel 2003, but now we're migrated to 2007, we've got all kind of problems.. When I try to save the document, 6 out of 10 times, the saving failed with an error that Excel could not track changes. You should close the document and try it again, but then you loose all you're changes. You can also turn 'Share Workbook' off, and on again, then you can save the file, but all the changes other people have made are gone... I can't find any solution, so maybe there's...

Outlook 2000 will not save password
I have exhausted all my abilities to get outlook 2000 to save passwords. Operating system is xp. I have checked and verified settings I have tried the repair feature I have uninstalled and reinstalled I have made sure the Security Accounts Manager is running I have tried following the instructions from microsoft knowledge based article 235861 which involves the registry. None of these have worked. My associate also uses outlook 2000 and windows xp with no password problems. My settings are identical. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!! ...

What exactly is microsoft excel used for?
I just need to know what excel is used for. Hi Babyboo Wow, what a question!!!! It is used for so many things, that books have been written about it. Spreadsheets, Databases, to manipulate data of all sorts, by using templates, as payroll packages, invoicing systems, creation of form letters, automating tasks, and and and and "Babyboo" wrote: > I just need to know what excel is used for. Babyboo wrote: > I just need to know what excel is used for. --------- Data manipulation... ...

Auto-Calculate

Saving or Exporting Outlook Express Sent Items
How can Sent Items in Outlook Express be saved to a location or file that they could be retrieved when virus or hard disk problems make access impossible? Are they stored somewhere in Windows Explorer that is accessible? If so, where? Can they be copied to a word document other than by highlighting text in each message? Any explanation would be appreciated since Help or menus don't help with this problem. I can back up My Docs and other files to an external drive, but don't know how to do this with important email messages I need to save and protect against disk or compu...

excel 400 problem
When I click formaton the toolbar, then hide, an error box pops up with a x on it and says 400, I have tried everything and have now removed office XP from the computer. Before I reinstall it does anyone have any Idea what was going on here or any sugestions. This hapens even on a blank sheet. When I run excel 2000 on another computer I don't have this problem. Thanks Reinstalled Excel XP still same problem "Visual box opens with red X and the number 400" Searched MS and Google for help but no solutions "politesse" <eperry2424nospama@myrealbox.com&g...

Doing charts in Excel 2000
i am still using the Excel in my Office 200 package. Where can I get udates to do better charts? All of the techniques shown here http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html can be used to make more interesting chart best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "TVG" <TVG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD14A74C-8018-40FC-AA4F-FA0925208A78@microsoft.com... >i am still using the Excel in my Office 200 package. Where can I get udates > to do better charts? ...

How can I save Excel file to A CD
I need to save An excel file to A CD, so I can view and work with it on A laptop. I am useing office 2003 "Juleslib" <Juleslib@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76E7A9BC-53AB-400C-AC00-8A3EA3B09CA5@microsoft.com... >I need to save An excel file to A CD, so I can view and work with it on A > laptop. > I am useing office 2003 Save it to your HDD and then use your burning software to put it onto a CD. However, a CD is 700 MB - that's an absolutely ENORMOUS file. You'd be better off with either a USB memory stick, or emailing it... You need...

How to search with excel
Overview of problem. I will end up with a workbook that will have a large number of worksheets in it. Each worksheet will have approx 6 columns the number of rows will vary from a few hundred to a few thousand. Each sheet is a decode document for a database. The users need to know if there is a common field. As an example sheet1 relates to shop locations (each shop has its own reference no.) sheet18 relates to Sales also on this sheet the shops reference no. Users will need to search for shop ref no. What I think I need is some form of =93search=94 sheet, so there will be a box into which us...

importing from excel
I have figured out how to customize a contact form (FORM) as well as how to save it and select it as the default for a folder (FOLDER). When you choose to create a new contact in FOLDER, it uses the FORM as the layout. If a contact is already in FOLDER, I can edit the layout as needed. I can import data and map the layout, but it uses the contact default instead of FORM, despite FORM being selected in the "When posting to this folder, use:" and "Forms associated with this folder:" sections. Is there any way to import contacts from an excel file to FORM instead...

Complex Lookup in Excel for values not in same row/column
Is there any way to do a lookup in excel that returns a value in the same relevant place for the lookup value?? For instance can you do a lookup that takes a value and returns a value that is 2 cells over and 2 down from the value?? I get a report that has data in two columns, each group of data is 2 columns and 6 rows (12 total cells) A social security number is the 2nd cell down in the first row and that needs to be my lookup value. I need to merge it with other valuse and get it into access so I would like for the whole set of data to be linear? Any suggestions? Use =MATCH() to find t...

How do I save a picture from word into my pictures?
I have recently installed Office 2007. I am unable to copy and paste a picture from word 2003 onto publisher 2007. So I tried to save the picture into my pics and then insert but I can't do that either. Please help. Unique wrote: > I have recently installed Office 2007. I am unable to copy and paste > a picture from word 2003 onto publisher 2007. So I tried to save the > picture into my pics and then insert but I can't do that either. > Please help. ============================ Maybe the following links will help: (555171) WD: How To Extract Embedded Im...

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

auto copy self

how do you merge two columns in excel
You can use a helper column: C1: =A1 & B1 copying down as far as necessary. To do it in place, take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/subs/mergedata.html In article <A56805CF-8C38-4A55-922F-969F3F792CCA@microsoft.com>, "SheE" <SheE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi, I'm assuming you mean concatenate? Example: A1 = Jon ; A2 = Springbok =CONCATENATE(A1," ",A2) Result: Jon Springbok Is that what your looking for? Cheers, Jon "SheE" wrote: > ...

can not save altered files over network
I raised this subject previously and got helpful advice. However, a separate problem arose - bit of history below: I uninstalled the Windows XP update KB885250 and that removed the problem. However, my PC immediately informed me the Windows XP update KB885250 was available and when I let it reinstall, the problem returned. Do you think I should just avoid installing this update (though I think my pc will be interupting me all day to tell me about it) or is there something else I should try? David > > "garfield-n-odie" wrote: > > > > > >>If you ...

Auto correct or Auto complete