how to auto insert rows in Excel

Hello

I have a huge excel worksheet that I need to insert rows and subtotal
between sections.  For example:
Class 11
Class 11
Class 11 Subtotal

Class 12
Class 12
Class 12 Subtotal

How can I automatically do this?  Right now, the manual intervention takes a
1/2 day!

Thanks for any insights
tg
0
TanyaG (1)

Tanya

Have you taken a look at Data>Subtotals?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"TanyaG" <TanyaG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I have a huge excel worksheet that I need to insert rows and subtotal
> between sections.  For example:
> Class 11
> Class 11
> Class 11 Subtotal
>
> Class 12
> Class 12
> Class 12 Subtotal
>
> How can I automatically do this?  Right now, the manual intervention takes
> 1/2 day!
>
> Thanks for any insights
> tg

Data-->Subtotals
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/getting_subtotals_in_microsoft_excel.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"TanyaG" <TanyaG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I have a huge excel worksheet that I need to insert rows and subtotal
> between sections.  For example:
> Class 11
> Class 11
> Class 11 Subtotal
>
> Class 12
> Class 12
> Class 12 Subtotal
>
> How can I automatically do this?  Right now, the manual intervention takes
> 1/2 day!
>
> Thanks for any insights
> tg

0
ng1 (1444)

Auto Filter problem

Auto-Editing

Insert with a where condition

Exporting Excel Charts in Separate Tabs
I have an excel file with different charts on each tab. The Excel file has at least 20 tabs and I would like to export them into Word as a separate sheet per tab for a reference guide. Is there a way to export from excel without having to cut and paste each tab? I am using MS Office 2003. ...

Create a button to insert a new row.
I know Excel can do it; I just don't know how. In addition, once the new row is inserted, I need the formulas to carry into it. Any help is greatly appreciated! I can think of many possibilities, but I'm sure you are thinking of something very specific. Please give more information. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Sharon" wrote: > I know Excel can do it; I just don't know how. In addition, once the new row > is inserted, I need the formulas to carry into it. > &g...

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

Problems with Inserting Rows
Morning Everyone In my previous version of Excel I could click on a row and then "Insert copied cells" anywhere on the sheet (as a new row). My problem is that with this version (2003 professional), when I try and re-insert the row, all the formulas have been converted to values. How do I switch back to inserting the row with formulas Many thanks in advanc Ja Inserting a row seems to work the same in Excel 2003 as in earlier versions, but maybe if you lay out the _precise_ steps to duplicate the problem someone can help you. In particular "re-insert the row" is unc...

OWA auto login

macro help = extract content of specific columns accross a row
have a spreadsheet which consists of about 5125 rows and 2840 columns. I am using Excel 2007 in order to get access to the extra columns. Now I need help creating a macro to automate a very tedius and manual task. The first column in the spreadsheet is empty. What I Need =========== For every row I would like to extract the contents of certain columns accross the row and copy to the first column of the row. into the first column i would like to copy the contents of the following columns accross the row. 6C = sixth column, 9C = 9th column etc... 6C + " " + 7C + " &...

question about data from excel to work
I am trying to take input from an excel sheet and mailmerge it to word....the thing is I want to make it so from here on out ..if I change something in the excel sheet it automatically updates on word as well..if not a mail merger what can I use ? -- Pooja Kamdar Hi Pooja Kamdar, You can link the Word document to the Excel workbook, so that any changes in the Excel workbook will be reflected in the Word document. To do this: 1. copy the source range in the Excel workbook 2. in the Word document, use Edit|Paste Special > Paste Link and choose the paste format you wan...

Auto look through subfolders

Linking worksheets in Excel
I would like to link 2 worksheets in Excel (if possible, 2 worksheets in different excel workbooks). I would like to link the sheets in such a manner that when any cells in the initial sheet are updated, the same cells in the 2nd sheet will also be updated. If a row is added to the initial worksheet, a row should be added in the same location in the 2nd spreadsheet. I would also like for the 2nd spreadsheet to contain extra columns that are not linked to the 1st sheet. In essense I am trying to link a requriements sheet to a testing traceability matrix. I would also like to "mirror&q...

Auto date

Excel Problems #7
I have recently converted from Windows 98 to Windows XP. My files partially migrated. I have tried reinstalling MS Office but Excel and Word are only partially installed. I have tried copying documents but XP can not open them. I have tried everything I can think of. Please help. What am I doing wrong? -- Thanks Tammy Try Opening WORD or EXCEL and then importing the documents. On My XP machine if I try doing something - and I get the error message like, "that option is not installed" and "would you like to install it" I just select "YES" and it installs tha...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

How do I change the links in Excel at one batch?
Hi all, Good day! Please help me with the following issue: How do I do the following in Excel? Suppose in an Excel sheet there are lots of links, linking the cell to other sheets, There are millions of such links, how do I change the links to another sheet name at one batch? I hope there is a "Find/Replace" for these links? Thanks a lot! Saved from a previous post: If you used Insert|Hyperlink, then you've noticed that edit|replace won't touch those hyperlink addresses. If you used Insert|hyperlink (xl2003 menus), you'll have more work...

Auto-Alphabetize

Copy and paste special
Hi, I am completely new to excel programming. I have a SQL DTS which creates an excel file and exports data into it. The created excel file could have variable number of work sheets. Text data in the excel file had a leading single quote character and spaces before the data. I can get rid of these by copying entire sheet and paste special--values into a new sheet. Would some one tell me how to automate to create a new excel file and copy and paste special (with values option) all the work sheets into the new file? I appreciate any help. Any reason not to paste the data right on top of it...

inserted symbols
The symbols I have inserted will not print and I cannot figure out why. Any suggestions? Thanks! Hi Kerri, Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. If you have not already done so, you would want to visit the manufacturers website of your printer to download and install the latest printer driver that is available. It's important to note that the CD-Rom that came with your printer will most likely NOT have the most recent driver for your printer. Popular P...

Change to Insert Drop Down Menu Items Office 2003 Win Vista Home P
When I click Insert>Auto Text>Signature in Word 32003, all of a sudden, beside many of the choices with an > I'm seeing the message Sign Into Office Live Workspace Beta. As I said, it's beside quite a few of the choices in this drop down list. If I click it, it does nothing. I did nothing to change this. Have I gotten an Update from Microsoft that changed something? Now why would Microsoft release an update that screws up Word Pro 2003. Are we pushing 2007 or 2010? Any answers to help restore this function to its working status is greatle appreciated. I alrea...

Windows Installer on Excel 2000 startup
I have a machine that starts Windows Installer whenever Excel is started. We have uninstalled Excel and reinstalled and also done a repair to Excel which have both stated that they completed successfully but it makes no difference. Eventually Excel opens ok but it is very annoying having to wait a couple of minutes for Windows Installer to finish configuring Excel everytime. Any ideas? Jen Jen, Check these out... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301 Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;3125...