How to apply more than one IF condition in 1 cell

i have 3 dates referring to a period and where i want under the formula cells
to have the following
if the value of the header of the table which is dats is between the first 2
dats than 1 for true and 0 for false and if the date in the header is between
the 2nd and third date than 2 for true and 0 for false

what is the formula
0
Cesar (59)

try something like this
=if(a1>highestdate,1,if(a1>nexthighestdate,2,0))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Cesar" <Cesar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have 3 dates referring to a period and where i want under the formula
>cells
> to have the following
> if the value of the header of the table which is dats is between the first
> 2
> dats than 1 for true and 0 for false and if the date in the header is
> between
> the 2nd and third date than 2 for true and 0 for false
>
> what is the formula

0
Don

How do I apply a combo box to multiple cells in Excel so that it .
I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only want the box to appear when the cursor is over the cell can anyone offer me some help on this matter? Thank you, Dwain Hi Dwain, Perhaps you are looking for Data Validation, available on the Data menu. See Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html --- Regards, Norman "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6939ADC2-CF1C-46AA-B163-BEE27E23356A@microsoft.com... >I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only w...

Conditional Multiple Time Ranges
I have pivot tables that pull from a Data Warehouse that regenerates during 6 time ranges each day. I want to put a message on each pivot table that displays only during these time ranges. I have succeeded in putting a running clock time on the sheet, but can't figure out how to display my text for these 6 ranges. For example, between 8:00 AM and 8:15 AM and 6 other ranges thereafter I want to display text in a cell on the sheet that provides a message to the user. How do I specify these ranges and how do I conditionally show the text for 6 ranges? Thanks for your he...

Excel 2007 Cell Style Question
Greetings, I just got upgraded to Excel 2007. I have made several custom cell styles that I use very frequently. I followed the instructions to create a Book.xltx in my XLStart foder. However, when I start Excel, the custom cell styles don't show up. How do I make this happen? TIA for your help! Ray ...

Conditional Format Dates
How do I conditionally format dates that are more than one year old? -- -Andy On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:12:06 -0800, Andy12 wrote: > How do I conditionally format dates that are more than one year old? In form design view, select the date control. Click on Format + Conditional Formatting. Set Condition1 to Expression Is In the next dialog box, write: [ControlName]< DateAdd("yyyy",-1,Date()) Change [ControlName] to whatever the actual name of your control is. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:12:06 -0800,...

Apply view to all folders
Greetings, A user has numerous folders created under her Inbox in Outlook 2000. She woule like to create a custom view and then apply it to all folders automatically. I can create a custom view easily, but can't find a way to apply it to all folders other than on a one-by-one basis. Is there a way to apply the view to all folders at one time? Thanks much, Justin You can't apply it to all at once - unless you customize the Messages view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gu...

I have published a worksheet to the web and it works good but one problem please help
Hello I published a worksheet to the web. The address is http://www.inforamp.com/~kidd/html/pmcshop1.htm The problem is I want to get rid of the scroll bars and the top men bar so ONLY the worksheet is present. Can someone tell me what I did wrong You help is greatly appricated Pau -- kid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kidd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1579 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27378 ...

MS Excel does not interpolate empty cells
Trying to plot a contour map of a film thickness. The substarte is round. X/Y coordinates are not in a grid so the data table has several empty cells. Trying to use 'Tool/Options...', 'Chart' tab and selecting the 'Interpolate' radio button does nothing. The chart treats the empty cells as zero value. If it would interpolate I would be happy. I also tried this with a grid (square) X/Y table with a couple of empty cells and again, it did not interploate. If the cell contains a formula like =IF(A1=0,"",A1), then that cell is neither empty nor blank. I...

Printing Formatted Cells
I have conditional format on a cell to format with say Fill Red ... It displays OK on the screen but doesn't appear when printed? I'm sure it'll be something obvious! Is your print setting for color, or B&W? Long shot, but I'm not sure of any other reason why what-you-see is not what-you-get. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C94E101A-9579-4FDB-8AEF-91D59E1EC3A4@microsoft.com... >I have conditional format on a cell to format with say Fill Red ... It > displays OK on the sc...

how can I get emails to more than one computer?
One computer running Outlook 2003 receives all messages from the two accounts I have setup. The new computer running Outlook 2007 only receives one of the accounts I have set up. I want both computers to receive all messages from both setup accounts. Thanks Stan Depends on the type of accounts, if pop mail you need to select the option to leave a copy on the server, on both PC's If the 2007 PC only resolves mail from a single account, and ignores the other, the account settings are incorrect and you should see an err msg when you test the accounts. BTW setting the option ...

view applied?
What does the following WLM beta message mean? View applied not connected to imap4.xxxxxx.co.uk I had already clicked on this account and a couple of emails were downloaded. ...

Page not found after installing FTP Server Service on MS CRM 1.2
I had installed MS CRM 1.2 successfully and had it running for the past few months. Yesterday, we installed the FTP Server Service for testing purposes. Now, when trying to access through IE, we receive the Under Construction Page (iisstart.htm) I went into IIS Administrator to check the obvious things (services running), removed the iisstart.htm, checked on Documents and added default.aspx. Now, when trying to access the server, we recieve the 404 error (page cannot be found). My guess is that when adding the FTP Server service, the Web Server got reinstalled. Is there any way how to...

one file opens multiple times simultaneously
Hi, Can you help me with a file problem I am having. The Problem: Any excel file when opened the excel program opens multiple copies of it. I am not sure why this is happening. There are no links; they are not templates, etc. For example: one workbook opens 9 of the same workbook. Weird. I appreciate any guidance you can give. Run an updated anti virus and repair or reinstall the application If you want the technical term: It could be any number of things A globally applied VBA could do this just as well as a virus You can find Detect and Repair under the Help Menu. This will ...

One additional discovery relating to this issue.
One additional bit of info - on advice of my mentor, I ditched the lookups in the table - he indicated that might be an issue. I then made lookups in the form itself, and I can see the lists - no problem there. But I still can't add a record (same error messages as below) - UNTIL I uncheck "enforce referential integrity" on the relationship line between tblBusiness & tblContact. I wish I wish I wish I could enforce referential integrity. Ideas? yes, you made a very wise move in removing the Lookup from tblContacts (if you've any remaining doubt, see http://www....

I've applied a Fill and now can't see the gridlines....
Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it can be done as I have done it before (by accident) Any help mostgratefully received! bestregards, Tim Apply borders... In article <62E1EA83-287A-4FE3-BEC6-7C0155EA1850@microsoft.com>, "FizzyBunghole" <FizzyBunghole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and > searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it c...

Sending more than 1 page in an email
I have created a 3 page newsletter and the mail program in Publisher only allows me to send 1 page. Is there a way to send all 3 in one email -- bob07 Send it as a PDF file. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com has been mentioned here. There are others. Do a search. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bob07" <bob07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71DD3B01-048C-491B-9D93-D0ECF9214A54@microsoft.com... >I have created a 3 page newsletter and the mail program in Publisher o...

One Query as datasource??
I have three different tables that cannot be combined using a Union query due to efficiency. I would like to use a form to select the table or query to use and have one query that I can use as the primary datasource. Is this possible? If so, how? Have a form with two (three) subforms, each subform with data from one of the table. If there is no link between the data, have no parent-child link (or even have no table for the main form). Vanderghast, Access MVP "hshepardjr" <hshepardjr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9CB8EB1-C421-4927...

By VBA, How to know User has selected one or several entire rows orther than some c
By VBA, How to know User has selected one or several entire rows orthe than some cells -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi msgbox selection.rows.count -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Amolin >" <<Amolin.19tv0y@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Amolin.19tv0y@excelforum-nospam.com... > By VBA, How to know User has selected one or several entire rows orther > than some cells? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > To check that at least one entire row is selected, you can count the...

Its a wild one, maybe.
Can i use an if statement to use a picture as a result -- comotoma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2729 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46830 Maybe... You may want to look at J.E. McGimpsey's routine: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html comotoman wrote: > > Can i use an if statement to use a picture as a result? > > -- > comotoman > ------------------------------------------------------------...

Conditional Formatting by Date
Howdy All, I have a budget workbook which contains a worksheet for every month and I need to format certain cells to show a value from a specific date forward. Example: Car payment needs to be applied on the 15th and remain there when the month rolls over. So on the fifteenth of May, I need cell C5 to display $350.00, but I don't want May's C5 to reset back to 0 when the date rollovers over to June 1st. I hope I am clear on this. Thanks for you time and attention, Brian hi! in A1: =TODAY() and in C5: =(IF(AND(MONTH(A1)=5,DAY(A1)=15),TEXT(350,"$000"),"&q...

M2005 Cannot Apply Epayment To Invoice
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4AD73.81F30C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I create invoices for payments from customers. I have those = automatically charged to their bank accounts and credited to my bank = account. When the payments hit my bank account and are downloaded into = Money, I go into the transaction and enter "Payment For Invoice" and = then try to go to the apply payment to an invoice screen but a nice = little pop up comes up in Money 2005 that says &qu...

Cross Apply problem
How do I get the desired result for the following: SOURCE TABLE: USSoilLyr FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy 60 Alfisols ashy 57 Alfisols ashy 38 Alfisols clayey 85 Alfisols clayey 79 Andisols medial 50 Andisols medial 36 DESIRED RESULT (TARGET TABLE): T_Order FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy AVG(60+57+38) Alfisols clayey Avg(85+79) Andisols medial Avg(50+36) My T-SQL Code, as follows, returns wrong calculations when I manually check the results. UPDATE T_Order SET ...

Install V10 HR after applying service pack 3
I am currently on V10, SP3 and now have purchased the HR module. I am not sure of the steps I need to take to load the HR module (we have the V10 DVD that is not sp3) Are these my steps? 1. Load the HR module from V10 DVD on SQL Server install (I was told previously to use the Add/Remove programs option and change but it still asks for the DVD) 2. Do I need to reload SP3 on server install? 3. Then load the HR module (from V10 dvd) on additional workstations? If I have to re run the SP3 I am concerned it is going to take hours to complete like original instal of SP3 If anyone has a...

installing new license over old one
My wife and I both have Ibooks. The newest version of Office 2004=20 doesn't let us use it at the same time (we're on an Airport network). = So,=20 I purchased the Student/Teacher version of Office 2004 to install on my=20 wife's computer since she's a teacher. When I install the S/T version, it runs through the installation, but=20 never changes the license - never asks for the new installation key=20 code. So, it doesn't solve the problem even though we now have two=20 legitimate versions. Do I have to remove all of the Office 2004 program and system files=20 from he...

How to reference a cell in a named array?
I have a range of cells (say A7 thru z43) which I have named "ARRAY". I want to say something like =ARRAY(5;12) to refer to cell L11 (I think I counted that right). Even more I want to be able to do things like =ARRAY(ROW;COL) where ROW and COL may be variables or functions .... How do I do this please? Novice ... =INDEX(ARRAY,5,12) =INDEX(ARRAY,B1,C1) where you put the coordinates in cells where B1 in this case holds 5 and C1 12 You can also lookup horizontal and vertical values using 2 MATCH function and thus get the contents if, you lookup a value in column A and one in ...

Apply Multicurrency Invoices in Bank Management
I oppened a ticket to know why I cant apply Multicurrency Invoices to payment transactions in Bank Managment as it is available in Payable Management. I've been suggested to post a suggestion for that. Simply, while doing a payment in Bank Management. If the Chequebook Currency is diffrenet than the invoices currencies that you are paying againist, then you can't apply these invoices. Thus, you cant see them in the remittance advice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestio...