How to add a description to an excel table

Hello,
how can I add a decription to an excel table?
I want to set a name and a description of a table content. So I know, what
data is contained in a table. My workspace contains more than one table.
bye

Click on any cell in your table(s).  Then Insert > Comment
--
Gary''s Student

"Przemyslaw" wrote:

> Hello,
> how can I add a decription to an excel table?
> I want to set a name and a description of a table content. So I know, what
> data is contained in a table. My workspace contains more than one table.
> bye
0
GarysStudent (1572)

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Opening new Excel window
Windows 2000. When have an exel already open, when I click on another excel file (or its shortcut) it opens into the same excel main window. Then I can view either one of the excel applications by selecting the appropriate window. Is there a setting such that new excel will open in its own window? If so, how? [Currently I can get this effect in a less convenient way by starting the excel directly the second time, and then reading in the excel file.] Alan Beban You could have one instance of excel open and have multiple "tasks" appearing on the taskbar via: Tools|optio...

Excel Add Ins

Dates in Excel #6
In natural history, including museum records, it is commonplace to use a date with lower case letters for the month, e.g. 19.x.2004 = 19th October 2004 or 01.iii.1999 = 1st March 1999. It would help users if this format were added as a standard and could be converted. For what it is worth... If you add dates as text by preceeding the entry with a ' , for example, '19/11/2004 and then apply the following formula =LEFT(A8,2)&"."&LOWER((ROMAN(MONTH(A8)))&"."&RIGHT(A8,4)) you will get 19.xi.2004 as the output. Does this help? Possibly I could m...

excel vba
Hi, I'm trying to use scripts to compare two workbooks (base.xls an test.xls), I have found two subroutines a http://www.exceltip.com/st/Compare_two_worksheets_using_VBA_in_Microsoft_Excel/477.htm which seems to do the trick. The basic problem I'm having is I don't know how and where to stick i those two pieces of code. I have gone into base.xls and found th visual basic editor, then I have stuck both pieces of code int ThisWorkbook's code section, then I compiled it using the Debug menu, tried running it, but got a runtime error 9. Now some questions: 1. I'm a bit con...

Manipulating Pivot Table
I have created a pivot table that gives me the occurances of a specific number in a list, or the "count" of that number. What I need is that "count" divided by 4 to be the result in the pivot table. So, if the number 562 is in the list 8 times I want the result to show "count" of 562 is 2 (not 8) Any Ideas Thank Brandt ...

Add on

Return Focus to Access after Excel Export
This is something thats been bothering me for a while. I have a VBA subroutine that takes a recordset and pastes the data to a blank Excel worksheet. Then Access gives a message that it's complete. The problem is that the active window is the excel worksheet, and not the access form. Anyone know how to return the focus back to Acess after the copyfromrecordset is complete? Could you post your code so we can try and help. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the vo...

View last appended entry in a view as well as in a ported to Excel
I have a list with several text fields that use the append feature. I cannot figure out how to: 1) Show the last entry in a view so I don't have to click through to see the entries and, 2) Have the last entry show up when I export to Excel. I can't see the last entry if there are additonal updates. Thx -Tamara Question 1. There are plenty of people asking the same question on different forums but I haven't yet found a solution to the issue of displaying the last entry on a column configured with the "Append text" option. I know this is not exa...

Excel Test Plan Needed
Hello all, Does anyone have a nicely done Excel spreadsheet for doing softwar testing, i.e., a spreadsheet that is done up in the form of a tes plan? Thx in advance. Regards, Randall Princeto -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Keyboard problem: kinda Excel-related
My keyboard is acting a bit funny. In Excel, when I start with the letter "g", it acts as though I pressed the "Alt" key instead. I have had this happen with my laptop at work by accidentally pressing a function key and then some of the letters become numbers for those who want to use that as a keypad. But I have never had it happen on my home PC which is a desktop with a Dell keyboard. Did I press some funny sequence of keys to get this out of whack? I've tried rebooting without success, what else can I try? BTW, I've had this for 3 1/2 years without incide...

Disable Clear DContents command in excel
Is there a way to disable the "Clear Contents" option when right clicking on a cell. Basically I have spreadsheet which has lots of data validations and formulas so the worksheets are protected. Each row of data represnts information about a specific project. The sheet protection does not allow users to delete rows or columns, but conetnets can be cleared leaving blank cells. I do not want users to have the ability to clear contents of cells once data has been entered. Yes they can click the cell and manually override the information eg if a date changes etc, but I d...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Excel formula for this...
Ok i want an excel formula to do this hopefully simple task... Say i have cell A1 with the word "dog" in it and cell B2 with the word "Cat" in it i want cell H5 to have the data in the previously mentioned cells so that it reads "dog, Cat" So in english i guess i want multiple cell values in once cell separated by a space or a comma or whatever. Thanks Max Try: =A1&", "&B2 MRO "Max Sand" <Max@gk.com> wrote in message news:Yx55b.4433$bC1.2817@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net... > Ok i want an excel formula to do this hope...

Excel 2007 12-17-09
Have created charts using Excel 2003. Converted to 2007. Now when I select Chart/Print preview the chart doesn't use the whole page. In 2003 under "Page Setup" there was a "Chart" tab - "printed chart size" - "Use full page". That option isn't avail. in 2007. If I "move" chart to it's own sheet then the fonts/etc get distorted and I have to reset fonts/size/etc. Any suggestions? ...

How do I increase the text size of an Excel cell?
Hi guys, Situation: I had a memo size field in MS Access. When I copied and pasted it into an MS Excel cell the text gets truncated? I can't believe that Microsoft has had about 5-6 versions of Excel and hasn't fixed this simple problem. Mike Web Developer and Catholic Apologist http://www.faithfulchristians.net I think this is by design. Not everyone would want the whole column resized because of a single truncated cell. "Mike_Humphrey" <Mike_Humphrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79662172-C13B-4708-AAF4-B02511AD79AA@microsoft.com... > H...

Identify *.dqy file in Excel #2
Hi, We have some excel files which connects to a ODBC data source (Oracle db) Some of those excel spreadsheets we are not able to edit the data source any longer(which should have brought us into Ms query) What happens when we try is that Ms query opens very shortly and then closes again before we can see the query that have been build) My question is now - is there some way that we can identify what data source (the name of the dqy file) that is used in excel...? Thanks Henrik ...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Importing Excel Spread sheet.
Hi, I need to import my file and have the wizard select the 2nd row as my default heading instead of the first row. Can anyone help? I take it you are using the TransferSpreadsheet method? The 6th argument in this method is for specifying a Range, so you could use this to start on the second row: "A2:X100" Steve "andyjwu@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to import my file and have the wizard select the 2nd row as > my default heading instead of the first row. Can anyone help? > > ...

pivot table #21
I have a question on Excel. When I update a pivot table, I used to be able to hold down the shift and ctrl keys and highlight the area, but lately I found that I cannot use this short cut method. Is there another short cut method? Thanks for your help. In step two of the Pivot Wizard, you should be able to select a starting cell on the worksheet, then hold the Shift key, and tap the End key, then the Down or Right arrow key, to select a range of cells. Or, base the pivot table on a dynamic range, which will expand automatically as new records are added. There are instructions here:...

How to fill the area between two lines in excel graph?
I'm trying to fill the area between 2 line graphs in excel. I need to present the two lines in different colors, plus i need to add another line in between the two lines. I tried using the "area" option in excel and while it shaded the area between the line graphs, it did not allow me to add the extra line in between. The stacked area chart is used for the fill. For the three lines, add three series of type Line. (Add them however they get added, which would be as additional area series, then select each and use Chart menu > Chart Type to convert to Line.) - Jon ---...