how to add a cell value to a letter to reference another cell

Is it possible to take the value of a cell (say the value of 83 that's
in cell A1) and append it to a letter (Z) so that a subsequent formula
can get a value that's in Z83.  Hope this make's sense. Thanks in
advance for the help!

One way,

=INDIRECT("Z"&A1)

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Mac Macaroo" <Mac.Macaroo.vo1rn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Mac.Macaroo.vo1rn@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Is it possible to take the value of a cell (say the value of 83 that's
> in cell A1) and append it to a letter (Z) so that a subsequent formula
> can get a value that's in Z83.  Hope this make's sense. Thanks in
> advance for the help!

terre081 (3244)

sql cmd exporting value of checkbox into another checkbox
I have some code elsewhere on my db that i use to export some values from one table into one that isn't loaded on the form, and I need to do a similar technique elsewhere. However, I need to export the value of a checkbox on the form, to the related "nBookingID" checkbox in the table. this is the working code for adding a new booking and entering in the nDayBookingID for future reference If Check135.Value = -1 And DCount("*", "tbl_TRA_DAYComplete", "[nDayBookingID] =" & Me.anDayBookingID) = 0 Then sql = "" sql = sql & &quo...

Run macro via cell value
Is it possible to run a macro based on the value of a cell. Say for example A1 contains the word "run" can that word be the trigger to automatically run a macro? Pat Hi Pat A worksheet formula can not trig a macro. No way. But a worksheet has several events; macros that run when certain things happen. There is an event firing when you enter something into a cell, another when the sheet recalculates, ... see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm for more on this. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Pat" <glass_patrick@hotmail.com> skrev i melding news:OV4A5QBUFHA.58...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Cells #3
How I can make a cell contact with another cell on another sheet and it will changes when day changes. example I have cell A1 sheet1 contact with cell A2 sheet 2 and cell A1 sheet 2 is the date when the date change A1 sheet 1 will auto change to B2 sheet 2 and the date = B2 Ali, You could use the CHOOSE function which returns the nth value. For example, =CHOOSE(3, A2, B3, C4, D5, E6) will return A4, the third value in the array {A2, B3, C4, D5, E6}. This works well if the cells are not contiguous, but you are limited to 30 values if I remember well. If your values are in contiguous ce...

Linked cells within a wokbook
I have a workbook with about 40 worksheets, there are links between the workbooks that sporadically do not update. I have checked the links when they freeze and have been unable to identify the cause. Eg cell c76=a number from a lookup table, is referenced throughout the workbook, in various functions. When c76 changes the functions freeze on the previous output of c76. The lookup table works and c76 changes accordingly, but the related functions do not. WHY Thanks in advance ...

Creating Replicas of Public Folders from another forest
Hi We have just migrated our Exchange 5.5 organisation to 2003 - following the deployment tools etc. All went well. Now we have to merge another forest's exchange with ours - well, create a replica of their public folders onto our Exchange Server. Once this is in place we will join the users (only 10) from the other forest with ours. We are not using the ADMT as we thought we would just create new accounts etc for them in our forest. What is the best way to replicate these public folders to our domain? Regards and thanks Ashleigh -- IT Administrator You should be able to u...

Excel Add Ins

form cell question in Ver2000
I have a large sheet with email addresses in a column that only displays "yes" with the letters in a gray shaded area. When I hover over the cell the underlying email address becomes visible. I need to find a way to create a column of the email addresses. Any help will be appreciated. James It sounds like someone added hyperlinks to your worksheet. If you select the cell and do Insert|Hyperlink, do you see the email address in a nice dialog? If yes, you can use a user defined function to extract that link (including email address). Saved from a previous post: One way to e...

Where to get a complete reference for Jet SQL?
Help! Can anybody tell me where to get a complete reference for Jet SQL? Tanks a lot for your information! ...

Add on

Hyperlink many cells
I am trying to link many cells on one worksheet to corresponding cells on another. I have two worksheets, one with item price information and another with physical item information. Both sheets share a common "number" field. Each item has unique number that is referenced on both sheets. I want to set up a hyperlink so that when the when any cell in the number field in the price file is clicked, it lgoes to the cell with that same value in the number field on the other sheet. I can do this by one cell at a time by right clicking the cell, adding the hyperlink and setting...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

my formated column is displaying one cell incorrectly
I have a spreadsheet with 4 columns; the 4th columns is a formula going across the 3 columns a+b-c = d with d preferably equally zero. When I format column d almost all of the columns that equal zero display as a dash (preference). However periodically one or two of the rows will display as 0.00 and I can't seem to get the formatting to change to the dash. I have tried to reformat all columns all other cells and to no avail. Has anyone else run into this issue and if so how have u solved it. The only way I can solve it is to actually put a zero in the cell. If the numb...

Referencing cells
Hi, I posted earlier but got no response. I think my explanation then was too difficult to understand so I'm trying again. I hope this time it is more easily understandable In Workbook 1 "Exp_06.xls", I have a column of numbers starting on row 23 as shown. 23 1000 24 500 etc.etc. Each cell in the column is named, for example cell "A23" is named "AutoInsurance" and cell "A24" is named "AutoGasoline". The formula bar for each cell contains only the number in the cell and does not reference the cells name. In Workbook ...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Replacing Cell Contents
Hello Folks Is there any way via formula to replace the contents of Cell A1 with a formula written in B1 or any other cell? Thanks Hi no way to achieve this with formulas. Formulas can only return values but not change other cells -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bob Leathers wrote: > Hello Folks > > Is there any way via formula to replace the contents of Cell A1 with a > formula written in B1 or any other cell? > > Thanks Thanks for your reply. Is there then a way, via macro, to continually check to see if the value in cell A1 has changed? If so change th...

How do I increase the text size of an Excel cell?
Hi guys, Situation: I had a memo size field in MS Access. When I copied and pasted it into an MS Excel cell the text gets truncated? I can't believe that Microsoft has had about 5-6 versions of Excel and hasn't fixed this simple problem. Mike Web Developer and Catholic Apologist http://www.faithfulchristians.net I think this is by design. Not everyone would want the whole column resized because of a single truncated cell. "Mike_Humphrey" <Mike_Humphrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79662172-C13B-4708-AAF4-B02511AD79AA@microsoft.com... > H...

SumIFS Cell
I am trying to reference a cell in a formula and I would like to say anything greater then cell J2 but when I input this it searches for text. =SUMIFS($B$2:$B$27,$A$2:$A$27,"000001",$C$2:$C$27,>D2) A B C D 1 00001 100 40248 40248 2 12001 150 40237 3 15001 200 40237 4 00001 150 40290 5 00001 50 40350 I would like the total to return 200 because Cell C5 and C4 are larger than Cell D1 in respect to the Sku number I would like to sum. But when I put in >J2 it enters “>J2” and it won’t return a value other then 0. (If I put in just D2 then it returns a valu...

AutoFilter list of values
When I activate the auto filter, a drop down lists the unique values within the column. How could I get this list of unique values? Hi RJH, As far as I know this can only be done with advanced filter. Select Data-Filter-Advanced Filter and check the Unique records only box. Cheers, JF. Another way to extract the list of unique values Suppose the data is in col A, A1 down Put in C1: =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1,"",ROW()) Put in B1: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1 :A1)),C:C,0))) Select B1:C1 and copy down till the last ro...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

find maximum of two values in an array with same lookup value
Table containing team names and members of teams of two and their scores in a number of competitions. Require to return the highest scorer for each team. Can use vlookup to return one of the records for a team though not necessarily the team member with highest score. Can't sort the array by descending order of points scored because the highest scorere for any given team will not be the same in every competition. Could probably think of a way of doing this by writing some VBA but if anyone can think of some way of avoiding that.....all ideas welcome How is the data listed in th...

Rank a Column + 1 cell from 2nd Col
I have 6 columns: A B C D E F 274 1 269 ? 279 ? 275 2 270 ? 280 ? 276 3 271 ? 281 ? 288 4 283 ? 293 ? Column B represents a simple 'Rank' of Column A In the first row of column 'D' I want the rank of the 269 in relatio to the figures in column 'A' which equals 1. I also want the rank o 270, 271 & 272 in relation to their position on Column 'A' - whic would equal 1, 1, 4 In Column 'F' I want the rank of those figures in 'E' relation to th values of column 'A'. Which would equal 4, 4, 4, 5 Any help would ...