how set cell to blank?

I have a cell formula:
=IF(OR(ISBLANK(K10),ISBLANK(L10)),,L10-K10)
Which makes the cell zero if either of k10 or l10 is blank, (and subtracts
the two if not), but I want to make the cell blank rather than zero.
Thanks again.
0
IanElliott (19)

One way:

    =IF(OR(ISBLANK(K10),ISBLANK(L10)),"",L10-K10)

alternatively:

    =IF(COUNT(K10:L10)<2,"",L10-K10)

In article <EC1B0734-629F-4E81-A3FF-98D97D2839A8@microsoft.com>,
 "Ian Elliott" <IanElliott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a cell formula:
> =IF(OR(ISBLANK(K10),ISBLANK(L10)),,L10-K10)
> Which makes the cell zero if either of k10 or l10 is blank, (and subtracts
> the two if not), but I want to make the cell blank rather than zero.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

OWA Set Rule problem

Inserting time inside cell
I use Office 2003 Excel Win XP Can someone tell me how to insert time: hours, minutes and seconds inside a cell? sn hi, hh:mm:ss or 12:12:12 also see Format>cells>number tab. scroll down left to custom. scroll down right to see other formats. regards FSt1 "Sachi Noma" wrote: > I use Office 2003 Excel Win XP > > Can someone tell me how to insert time: hours, minutes and seconds inside a > cell? > > sn > > Hi Sachi, Not sure if this is what you are looking for but if you hit ctrl+; in a cell it will put the current date in that cell, i...

setting up new outlook mail account

How to keep a cell empty at the same time formula embedded?
Can we have an empty cell but formula embedded in that cell. A cell cannot be both "empty" and contain something...........you can however, put a formula there that will display a blank cell according to the conditions of it's calculations........... =(IF(A1>5,A1,"")......will display a blank cell if A1 is 5 or less Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "vic_dic" <vic_dic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A590D8A6-7E86-49B7-AA9A-12DE213E670C@microsoft.com... > Can we have an empty cell but formula embedded in that cell. What are you...

How to set backcolour

Need Help Deleting Blank Rows
Greetings: I have a spread sheet with data that has multiple blank rows that I would like to delete with a macro. Each row of data is different with columns that may or may not be blank. Therefore, I cannot search on a specific column to delete the row. Any help is appreciated. -- Thanks in advance...j We need some kind of rule to follow to decide if a row is considered 'blank' or not. If not a single column, then perhaps empty cells in any one of several different colums, as if a4 is empty, or g4 is empty or i4 is empty, then delete row 4 completely, or a com...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Search cells with many numbers a few numbers?
In Excel, I'd like to search cells which have many numbers in each, they are separated by spaces. I'd like to look in the cells for a few numbers. The logic statements do not seem to work. How do I do this? ...

Reading Pane Settings

Freezing contents of a cell
I have a cell (A4) that copies the results of a formula in another cell (B8). When B8 changes, I want A4 to keep its original results. Is this possible? Thanks, Barney Yes, have a look at the freeze pane function. It takes a cell co-ordinate and freezes on the cell. -- Regards, Alvin Bruney [Shameless Author Plug] The Microsoft Office Web Components Black Book with .NET available at www.lulu.com/owc ------------------------------------------------------------ "Barney" <postonbl@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OB#mmsSIFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a c...

Cell Display Issue
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a spreadsheet that I created in Excel 2007 (windows) and am using in Excel 2008 Mac. I cannot get the cells the right width to display the numbers in all the cells. <br><br>When the column is too narrow, &quot;####&quot; is displayed as you would expect. But when I increase the column width to correctly display that cell, other cells in the same column that were displaying correctly now display &quot;# #####&quot;. <br><br>Increasing the column does not solve t...

How do I set OOR

format a cell
does anybody know how i can format a cell so that it looks like its raise. thanks in advance. One play to tinker with Either switch-off the gridlines (Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck gridlines > OK) or press CTRL + A (select entire sheet) then click to Fill color > white Select the cell(s) Click Format > Cells > Border tab Select the thickest solid line in "Style" Click to format either the right & bottom or the left & top borders Select the thinnest solid line in "Style" Click to format the remaining 2 borders Click OK -- Rgds...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Set Focus

Macro to Shade the selected cell
Hello, I am looking for a Excel 2007 macro that when run will shade the selected cell. Say I am in cell B9 and I run the macro, the cell will be shaded Yellow Thank you EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice XML Serializer Generator and Application Perfomance http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8eb0e68f-5496-4363-9cb9-dd68447ba187/xml-serializer-generator.aspx Turn on macro recorder and record the actions you do interactively. Press ALT+F11 and open the Module code to see what it has written. On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 16:25:42 -0700, Sukie Uppal wrote: >Hello, >I am lo...

Count based on string in cell
Using Excel 2007. I am not sure if I am trying to do is too ambitious. My single column sheet looks something like this A1 abc abc, def abc, ghi def def, ghi abc, def, ghi ghi Possible values are abc, def, and ghi in any combination but always in alpha order I want to: Chart the responses on how many cells have only 'abc', how many cells have only 'def'' how many cells have only 'ghi', how many cells have 'abc' & 'def' & 'ghi' how many cells have 'abc' & 'def' how many cells have 'abc...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

Highlighted cell
I have a highlighted cell that gets bigger and smaller as I move the mouse and I can't get rid of it. It has the flashing edges like I copied it. What's going on? Thank you! Sounds like you're accidentally in extended mode (but there's no flashing edges) Hit F8 to toggle it off -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:20,000 Files:362 Subscribers:62 xdemechanik --- "Reen" wrote: > I have a highlighted cell that gets bigger and smaller as I move the mouse > and I can't get rid of it. It has the flashing edges like I copied it...