How many left

Hi all and thx for the past!

how do i calculate from a specific date given in one cell + number (say 10
[representing months]) given in another cell, so the value should be the date
ahead in say 10 months? and it should show me the date in the value.

Thanx to u all in advance!!
0
Benj (8)

With date in A1 and number of months in B1
=DATE(Year(A1),Month(A1)+B1,Day(A1))

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"Benj" <Benj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all and thx for the past!
>
> how do i calculate from a specific date given in one cell + number (say 10
> [representing months]) given in another cell, so the value should be the
> date
> ahead in say 10 months? and it should show me the date in the value.
>
> Thanx to u all in advance!!

0
roger5293 (1125)
7/28/2005 8:05:08 AM
Assuming the 10 is in cell A1, you can sum  a range using

=SUM(INDIRECT("A2:A"&A1))

Is this what you mean?

--

HTH

RP

"Benj" <Benj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all and thx for the past!
>
> how do i calculate from a specific date given in one cell + number (say 10
> [representing months]) given in another cell, so the value should be the
date
> ahead in say 10 months? and it should show me the date in the value.
>
> Thanx to u all in advance!!

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
7/28/2005 8:37:44 AM
Try this:

=EDATE(date,10)
28/7/2005 --> 28/5/2006

HTH
Ola Sandstr�m

Note: The Analysis ToolPak add-in must be switched on (unde
Tools>Add-ins...

--
olas
olasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1776

Excel; How do I reverse the chart? 'A' on the left, etc.
I used to 'hit' on the tool bar a symbol that reversed my the whole chart. Row 'A' on the left, etc. When I enter a new chart, enery thing is on the right!!! ...

"Too many different cell formats" error
Receiving this pop up error message when opening a .xls file. File will not open. Any suggestions on how to fix and save file? Hi Lorena XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 David McRitchie posted this Leo Heuser posted a macro 2001-05-06 in programming as a very major revision of the macro in the eee007 article. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=OxP9cgi1AHA.1572%40tkmsftngp02 -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Lorena" <lorena.l.solano@convergys.com...

many-to-many relationships by Graham Mandeno
Hi to all, A couples of months ago I was looking for a good way to handle a many- to-many relationships. I finally found this sample db: http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/SampleDBs.htm. It's simply great! Unfortunately it doesn't work in my case because instead of using just numeric ID to relate the table I'm make use of alphanumeric ID. In the previous: http://groups.google.it/group/microsoft.public.access.formscoding/browse_thread/thread/25f1941ea8428424/9d3fc99e39b80743?lnk=gst&q=riccifs+many#9d3fc99e39b80743 Graham told me that there was a way to give to the sample db this...

Too many clicks! Available formats box
Hello folks I have a client who is unhappy with the amount of clicks in Word 2007. One particular frustration is the Insert Date and Time Available Formats box. Is there anyway to get Word 2007 to just insert the default Date without the additional steps of the format box? I know to the average person, it's not a big deal but this user lives in a pressure cooker and needs the useability of Word 2007 to make things faster, not slower. Thanks for your suggestions! Bill Hole MCTS, SBSC Ask the client to add the Date & Time command to the Quick Access Toolbar ...

Should this be one to Many or Many to Many.. Relationship
Hi, New to Access learning... I have Table 1.. Publisher Table 2.. Books I was wondering .. Should I create Transient Third Table e.g. BooksPublisher.. Or Should I put PublisherID key AS Foreign key into Books Table ? which would be Practical E.g Books Publishers BooksNPublishers Pk BookID Pk PublisherID PK BookPublisherID Fk BookID ...

When forwarding an email how many recipients can I send it to?
I got an error response when I forwarded an email to many in my address book. It said, something about too many recipients. How many is too many? I set a 300 recipient limit to my Exchange users at work. This is set at my server level. Quote from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012002371033.aspx Many e-mail service providers set limits for the number of names that can be in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields in a message. For example, your e-mail service provider may limit each message to a maximum of 100 e-mail addresses. If these addresses can be distributed among the To, Cc, and ...

Too many fields
I have a table and I think it is normalized based on other postings I have read. There are about 500 object<->value pairs, that needs to be tracked for 500 different objects on every single day of the year. And, all 500 objects should have a value for that day. Object 1-30 is about one topic, Object 31-60 is about another topic, etc. tblObjects, I have 500 records like this (pk) fldObjectID - autonum fldObjectName - Text 50 tblObjectValues, (pk) fldDate - Date/Time (pk) fldObjectID - (fk) to tblObjects fldObjectValue - integer Now, I want to show the 500 records of tblObjects ...

Too many many-to-many?
To all, I hope you can shed some light on this for me. I am using Access 2003. I have three main tables 1) Project 2) Contractor 3) Service (general contracting, soil testing, architecture, etc) I have two 'join' tables to create a m:m relationship between Projects and Contractors and Contractors and Services a) ProjectContractorJoin b) ContractorServiceJoin I would like to be able to create a form where I can select a project, then select one or more contractors, then select one or more services that each contractor could offer (and track when they start and end those services...

what mean by when office assistant show"too many different excell
When i want to copy a worksheet from another workbook to my another workbook, i get "too many excell format" and disallowed me to go thru it. It also happen when i want to edit the worksheet by using format or toolbar. Some info: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 I think I'd try to get rid of some of those formats--make it much more vanilla like. Then do the copy. angie wrote: > > When i want to copy a worksheet from another workbook to my another workbook, > i get "too many excell forma...

Changing Suppliers for Many Items
Is there a quick and accurate way to change suppliers for groups of items? Such as making all items in one Department or Department Code to be supplied by a specific distributor? Currently, most of my items do NOT have supplier which makes a Purchase Order impossible. Thanks. You could use a query. ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST. Something like: UPDATE Item SET SupplierID = X WHERE DepartmentID = Y This will not update the SupplierList table. In another thread, this query was recommended for updating the SupplierList table: INSERT INTO SupplierList ( SupplierID, ItemID, ReorderNumber) SELECT ...

FRx should be compatible with right-to-left languages #3
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=41f741fe-01de-4dbc-a57d-7f632039d8d4&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

Truncation on left margin when printinh html from outlook
Using Outlook 2003 with IE 8.0, when we print an HTML form the right 1/2 inch or so is truncated on page 1 only. I have tried to modify the printer settings in IE and outlook (I think outlook brings up a dialogue box that edits the IE print settings). Also, i tried to find where i could change the message headers (from:; re:; etc.) but i cannot find where to do that. It seems to me that the re: line in the outlook header must be sending something that is setting the right margin which gets cleared by the page feed. -- Larry Kates ...

Many Transaction Logs
Since our last full backup, which was 2 days ago, the number of transaction logs from one storage group is at 6500. There are approximately 120 users in this storage group that has 3 mailstores. Our other storage groups have more users but not nearly as much transaction logs. Could this indicate a problem? If so, how could we track it down? Thanks On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:29:01 -0700, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Since our last full backup, which was 2 days ago, the number of transaction >logs from one storage group is at 6500. There are approximate...

how many email addresses will outlook 2003 hold?
I can't take a chance on losing ANY of my email addresses....How many will Outlook 2003 hold?? Assuming you mean Contacts, they are part of the data file, which assumming a unicode format has a theoretical unlimited file size. In any case I assume you backup, otherwise your Q has no basis "Liz" <Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90AEB1B6-7961-4F96-91E2-E237057FC2E9@microsoft.com... >I can't take a chance on losing ANY of my email addresses....How many will > Outlook 2003 hold?? ...

To many rows for EXCEL to handle
I have a file with over 70'000 rows in (MS EXCEL only holds aroun 65'000). Is there any way I can still perform a lookup on this file. The file is saved as a CSV. Please dont tell me to open it in Wordpa and do a search as I have been told this is not acceptable. (Pains). PLEASE HELP M -- moglione ----------------------------------------------------------------------- moglione1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2641 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46621 Split it into smaller pieces and import each pie...

One To Many Records In A Sub Form
I have a form set up, with a sub form in it. When I key the data in the form it updates the sub form as it should. The problem is that some of the records I want to key in the main form, might have multiple records in the sub form. How do I get this to work as I can only have one record each time. Both the form and the sub form are related to differnet tables. Many Thanks in advance for any assistance. This is a really head scratcher for me. On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 07:10:02 -0800, Tony Montana <TonyMontana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a form set up, with a sub form i...

many sheets from "master data"
Hi guys, In the last few days, ive posted some questions with some success, bu not being able to completely work though my problem. Given that I a novice/intermediate in relation to VBA, I am having extreme difficult augmenting the code to do what i like. Attached is the file so you can visualize what I am talking about. What I want to do is to put each "page" of data on a new slide. As yo can see, all the data is found on the first page. In column T, you ca see where each new page starts (as indicated by the data and pag number). I having trying tirelessly to get the code su...

Many to many to many relationship
Hi I have been asked to create a new database for use with 2012 bookings. As we take bookings up to 13 months in advance this gives me about 6 months. Been sitting here all day scribbling on bits of paper as I think I will change the relationships on the new DB. On our current DB which I wrote 3 years ago a client has a booking that is linked to an event. Client -> Booking -> Event So many clients can have many bookings. Many events can have many bookings. Standard many to many. But :-) as all clients are in a group (that may be any number from to 250) it seem...

Mouse scroll jumps from up/down to left/right
Hopefully someone can help me with this problem. When I scroll in Excel using the mouse wheel it usually scrolls the sheet in the up/down direction. However, occasionally the scroll function changes suddenly and scrolls in the left/right direction. I don't know how it happens and I don't know how to fix it. It seems to happen randomly and it happens in all types of sheets, large or small. Once it is in left/right mode I do not seem to be able to get it back in up/down mode. I tried to 'force' the scroll function back into up/down mode by scrolling/clicking on the vertical scro...

How to structure a Table with many, many, many Fields?
I’m starting a new thread here, because the last one is getting kind of old and I’m not sure people are viewing it anymore. That was towards the end of January; it was so last-month! LOL! Anyway, I have a table with several security symbols. I’m setting this up today with 30 stock symbols, but the list will likely grow to over 1,000 stock symbols. For now, I am using one single Field, and I named it Stocks. From my former post, I got some great feedback and it was suggested that I have a Table with stock symbols listed in rows. This kind of makes sense. What doesn’t mak...

Too many reipients?
Just tried to notify all my contacts of my email address change and it keeps coming up with an error saying too many recipients, remove some....? Anyone have any ideas? I removed some so there was prob only 20 odd recipients and same deal.... Who is your mail service provider? Have you asked them what their limit = is on the number of recipients? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:8A9BFEAB-736C-4A9D-A819-970A1FA03B97@...

relationships
Hi all, CRM allows for 'one-to-many' and 'many-to-one', but does not seem to offer a 'many-to-many' join type. Any one know how to do this? or trick it? Jon You need to create a new entity (c) between the two (a, b) you want to create the many-to-many relationship between. Then create two one-to-many relationshps between this new entity (c) and the others (a, b). Ross Goldberg AdvantageWorks Software Group, LLC. http://www.advantageworks.com/blog/ Thanx Dagcat, Can you point me to any literature that describes this in full? Appreciate your help. Jonathan "D...

Win 7 and Too Many Users
Most of our boxes are XP, but a couple of them are Win 7. Also, the XP boxes have Access xp (2002) installed, but the Win 7 boxes have Access 2003. Problem: when a user on Win 7 opens an access program, all of the xp users then get a "Too many users" error when they attempt to open the same access program. It only takes one Win 7 user to kill all attempts by xp users to open a file. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem, or perhaps have more information about what may be causing it? Thanks in advance for any help. Fred That sounds like a permissions...

How do I ask Excel to count how many items are in BOLD TYPE?
HI...wondering how I can have Excel give me a total of how many words or titles are typed with BOLD lettering in a particular column. Can anyone help me, I'm going batty... THANKS There's nothing built into excel that will sum values based on formatting. You could use a User defined function, though. Option Explicit Function CountBold(rng As Range) as Long Application.Volatile Dim myCell As Range Dim myTotal As Long myTotal = 0 For Each myCell In rng.Cells With myCell If .Font.Bold = True Then myTotal = myTotal + 1 ...

Calculating Average over many worksheets
I have 19 worksheets, all set up with the same column designations but with a varying number of rows in use. I need to calculate an average for all the numerical values in Column C on all the worksheets. Currently the most rows in use on a worksheet is 1987 and the least is 67. As a quick solution , I copied and pasted them all into one column on a new worksheet and averaged at the bottom but there must be a far better way. Thanks Pepper If you don't have any other numbers not to be included in column C you can use =AVERAGE(First:Last!C:C) and if you create new sheets than you s...