How many hours per resource booked per week

Dear Excel-lent users,

I want to know how  many hours a resource is booked per week, knowing they
have multiple tasks per week. I have two sheets in which I want to process
the hours per task per week per resource (Sheet 1) and in Sheet 2 I want to
know what the total hours per week are one resource has been booked for.

For Sheet 1:
-I have the names of the resources in column H (names can occur multiple
times).
-in Q3:AR323 I have the hours the are working on per task per week.

For Sheet 2:
In Row 2 (B2:AC2) I have the numbers of the week starting from 1 till 28
In Column 1 (A3:A24) I have the names of the resources

Can someone please help me with this?

Thank you !!

Kind regards

Fool on the Hill -

Try a pivot table with the users as the row heading and the date as the
column heading - you can format the date to use weeks, etc.  Then use the
sum(Hours) as the value.
--
Daryl S

"The Fool on the Hill" wrote:

> Dear Excel-lent users,
>
> I want to know how  many hours a resource is booked per week, knowing they
> have multiple tasks per week. I have two sheets in which I want to process
> the hours per task per week per resource (Sheet 1) and in Sheet 2 I want to
> know what the total hours per week are one resource has been booked for.
>
> For Sheet 1:
> -I have the names of the resources in column H (names can occur multiple
> times).
> -in Q3:AR323 I have the hours the are working on per task per week.
>
> For Sheet 2:
> In Row 2 (B2:AC2) I have the numbers of the week starting from 1 till 28
> In Column 1 (A3:A24) I have the names of the resources
>
> Can someone please help me with this?
>
> Thank you !!
>
> Kind regards

Hello Daryl,

Unfortunately that does not work, I get an error message stating something
wrong with the heading. I think I need something with sumif or sumproduct,
but I am not sure.

Kind regards,

Jaydubs

"Daryl S" wrote:

> Fool on the Hill -
>
> Try a pivot table with the users as the row heading and the date as the
> column heading - you can format the date to use weeks, etc.  Then use the
> sum(Hours) as the value.
> --
> Daryl S
>

> "The Fool on the Hill" wrote:
>
> > Dear Excel-lent users,
> >
> > I want to know how  many hours a resource is booked per week, knowing they
> > have multiple tasks per week. I have two sheets in which I want to process
> > the hours per task per week per resource (Sheet 1) and in Sheet 2 I want to
> > know what the total hours per week are one resource has been booked for.
> >
> > For Sheet 1:
> > -I have the names of the resources in column H (names can occur multiple
> > times).
> > -in Q3:AR323 I have the hours the are working on per task per week.
> >
> > For Sheet 2:
> > In Row 2 (B2:AC2) I have the numbers of the week starting from 1 till 28
> > In Column 1 (A3:A24) I have the names of the resources
> >
> > Can someone please help me with this?
> >
> > Thank you !!
> >
> > Kind regards

free hour calculation worksheet
Hi, I am new here and I am looking for a free hour calculation worksheet. I do not need very often (4 times a year) on ra are occasion. So if anyone can recommend me one I'll be much obliged. Thanks, Raoul. -- Raoul ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Raoul's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26174 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394904 check your templates.... I got a lot of my begginer help on this site... cool They teach you by making a, Time sheet, Invoice an...

many-to-many relationships by Graham Mandeno
Hi to all, A couples of months ago I was looking for a good way to handle a many- to-many relationships. I finally found this sample db: http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/SampleDBs.htm. It's simply great! Unfortunately it doesn't work in my case because instead of using just numeric ID to relate the table I'm make use of alphanumeric ID. In the previous: http://groups.google.it/group/microsoft.public.access.formscoding/browse_thread/thread/25f1941ea8428424/9d3fc99e39b80743?lnk=gst&q=riccifs+many#9d3fc99e39b80743 Graham told me that there was a way to give to the sample db this...

Investors Pre Booking For Next Investment Conference!
After just returning from out last Investment Conference. We have had hundreds of people pre booking for our next investment conference. We had access directly to multi Billionaire Marc Bruner (Oil & Gas). We announced his newest private placements that will not hit the market for another 8 months. If you do not know Marc's history here is a snapshot. - 14 companies - Oil & Gas Exploration - Generated 13 Billion dollars for investors in the past 10 years. - Last 2 companies went from .25 to $21.00: 18 months & .50 to $52.00 in 4 years. After a 2:1 stock split ($104.00) Woul...

"Too many different cell formats" error
Receiving this pop up error message when opening a .xls file. File will not open. Any suggestions on how to fix and save file? Hi Lorena XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 David McRitchie posted this Leo Heuser posted a macro 2001-05-06 in programming as a very major revision of the macro in the eee007 article. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=OxP9cgi1AHA.1572%40tkmsftngp02 -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Lorena" <lorena.l.solano@convergys.com...

When forwarding an email how many recipients can I send it to?
I got an error response when I forwarded an email to many in my address book. It said, something about too many recipients. How many is too many? I set a 300 recipient limit to my Exchange users at work. This is set at my server level. Quote from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012002371033.aspx Many e-mail service providers set limits for the number of names that can be in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields in a message. For example, your e-mail service provider may limit each message to a maximum of 100 e-mail addresses. If these addresses can be distributed among the To, Cc, and ...

Too many clicks! Available formats box
Hello folks I have a client who is unhappy with the amount of clicks in Word 2007. One particular frustration is the Insert Date and Time Available Formats box. Is there anyway to get Word 2007 to just insert the default Date without the additional steps of the format box? I know to the average person, it's not a big deal but this user lives in a pressure cooker and needs the useability of Word 2007 to make things faster, not slower. Thanks for your suggestions! Bill Hole MCTS, SBSC Ask the client to add the Date & Time command to the Quick Access Toolbar ...

CRM Project & Resource Management
Is there, or when will there be, a software version released that includes project management and resource management functionality? Also wondering what advantages MSCRM would have over GroupForce for a larger implementation that covers 70 different locations with varying stovepiped legacy systems and requirements to integrate with. No indication has ever come out from Microsoft that there will be a project management and resource management functionality included in future releases of Microsoft CRM. Sal www.focusonyourcustomer.com "Cara" <carakresge@aol.com> wrote in me...

Export OE Address Book to Outlook?
We have just added a new machine and it is running XP Pro with Outlook. Problem is we need the e-mail address book from our old system on the new one. The old system runs XP Home using Outlook Express. Outlook will not allow me to Import the exported address book from the old machine. Any suggestions? Export the wab from Outlook Express to a pab-file (Personal Address Book) Then import this pab-file into Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 --...

Duplicate resource ID's
We are using multiple resource files and there are ID's clashing between these resource files. Is there any tool to identify these duplicate id's? When we delete dialogs and stuff ID's are not removed from the header file. Is there any tool to identify all these ID's that are not used? What is the range of ID's that application can use before getting into system id's. Thanks, David Doesn't really answer your question directly, but you can give resources names rather than numbers... >-----Original Message----- >We are using multiple resource files and the...

how to print 4 screens per paper in access 2003
I'm using a datasheet type to view my records, my boss wants me to print the records but since the records are too long he wanted to see 4 sections/screens printed on 1 sheet of paper only. I was wondering if someone already done this in Access 2003, kindly help me? Forms aren't intended for printing: that's what reports are for. Fortunately, it's easy to convert a form to a report (right-click on the form in the database window, and you should see a "Save as Report" option). Once you've created the report, you should be able to modify it to do what your ...

Outlook express - contact list gone
Can't tell when this happened. No new software other than some Microsoft updates. No new software whatsoever. No viruses. The contact list says: "There are no Contacts to display." Yet, if I click on ADDRESS BOOK or do START -> RUN -> wab /a The address book is still intact. If I type an email address in a new email, the autocomplete finds said address book entry. If I click on "Contact" in the contact pane (lower left), and add a new contact, it gets added to address book but the contact list still shows empty. Any suggestions? JL Suggest postin...

Should this be one to Many or Many to Many.. Relationship
Hi, New to Access learning... I have Table 1.. Publisher Table 2.. Books I was wondering .. Should I create Transient Third Table e.g. BooksPublisher.. Or Should I put PublisherID key AS Foreign key into Books Table ? which would be Practical E.g Books Publishers BooksNPublishers Pk BookID Pk PublisherID PK BookPublisherID Fk BookID ...

Hours difference
Need to calculate difference in terms of hours....weekend issue. 1st date and time - 1/29/10 (friday) 1:00am 2nd date and time - 2/1/10 (monday) 1:00am By calculating manually, the result that i would need to show is 24 hrs (based on my shop floor operations). Anything more than 24hrs is an issue at my operations. How would i do this in excel? Thank you. Hmmm...., if the 01:00 can be ignored you may try this: In A1 - Start Date In A2 - End Date In A3 - The hereunder Array-Formula: {=24*(SUM(N(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&A2)))<>7))-SUM(N(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIR...

Outlook address book #11
Anyone know how to set the outlook address book to list the contacts by last name followed by first name? The default seems to be first name followed by last name.I have tried the settings under tools > options > contact options, but these settings only seem to effect how the actual contacts are files in outlook and do not change how they appear in the address book. I know it was possible to change this in earlier versions of outlook, but for some reason I can not locate how to do this in 2003. The problem this creates in when searching for an e-mail address, one needs to know the fir...

copy subtotals to new excel 97 book
Book1 has 3 columns - area codes, telephone number and number of calls. when area code changes, there's a subtotal. I want to copy all the subtotals to a new Book without copying and pasting each individual subtotal cell one at a time. Go to your new spreadsheet and select the cell you want the data to be "copied" to. Press = Now open the spreadsheet that you're pulling the data from and click on the cell that contains the information you want. Press enter Voila! What you just did is create a link. Now when you edit the original spreadsheet, your new spreadshee...

Calculating a runtime in Hours/Minutes.
Hi In cell a1 I have a start time, E.g: 19:26. In cell a2 I have an end time, E.g: 02:21. How do I calculate the actual runtime in hours/minutes, E.g: 06:55 (Is that correct?) for cell a3? Also, if I have a date in a cell, E.g: 28/2/2004, how can I produce the actual day of the week in an adjoining cell, E.g: Sat. I know this is probably a walk in the park for most of you but many thanks for your help. Johno Hi Johno 1. Running time: =A2-A1+(A2<A1) and format the target cell as Time 2. Several solutions e.g. the date is in A2, enter the following in B2: =A2 and format this cell with the c...

Too many many-to-many?
To all, I hope you can shed some light on this for me. I am using Access 2003. I have three main tables 1) Project 2) Contractor 3) Service (general contracting, soil testing, architecture, etc) I have two 'join' tables to create a m:m relationship between Projects and Contractors and Contractors and Services a) ProjectContractorJoin b) ContractorServiceJoin I would like to be able to create a form where I can select a project, then select one or more contractors, then select one or more services that each contractor could offer (and track when they start and end those services...

Too many fields
I have a table and I think it is normalized based on other postings I have read. There are about 500 object<->value pairs, that needs to be tracked for 500 different objects on every single day of the year. And, all 500 objects should have a value for that day. Object 1-30 is about one topic, Object 31-60 is about another topic, etc. tblObjects, I have 500 records like this (pk) fldObjectID - autonum fldObjectName - Text 50 tblObjectValues, (pk) fldDate - Date/Time (pk) fldObjectID - (fk) to tblObjects fldObjectValue - integer Now, I want to show the 500 records of tblObjects ...

what mean by when office assistant show"too many different excell
When i want to copy a worksheet from another workbook to my another workbook, i get "too many excell format" and disallowed me to go thru it. It also happen when i want to edit the worksheet by using format or toolbar. Some info: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 I think I'd try to get rid of some of those formats--make it much more vanilla like. Then do the copy. angie wrote: > > When i want to copy a worksheet from another workbook to my another workbook, > i get "too many excell forma...

Changing Suppliers for Many Items
Is there a quick and accurate way to change suppliers for groups of items? Such as making all items in one Department or Department Code to be supplied by a specific distributor? Currently, most of my items do NOT have supplier which makes a Purchase Order impossible. Thanks. You could use a query. ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST. Something like: UPDATE Item SET SupplierID = X WHERE DepartmentID = Y This will not update the SupplierList table. In another thread, this query was recommended for updating the SupplierList table: INSERT INTO SupplierList ( SupplierID, ItemID, ReorderNumber) SELECT ...

Meeting times off by one hour, durations wrong
Since the DST change, a few of our users have reported that certain events on their calendar are now one hour off. And the meeting length shown in the top part of the invite window is different from the length shown in the description field or in the calendar view. The affected events appear to have been scheduled with our local time zone specified (odd... maybe the organizers originally scheduled them in a foreign time zone and later switched them back to our home time zone?). Here's what one event looks like when we open it: Event time zone: Pacific Standard Time (Displayed)...

Showing days on Week view in calendar
Outlook 2003 - I'd like to show the day as well as the date - is this possible? Ensure your long date format includes dddd in Control Panel->Regional settings. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook} Please post all followup questions to the newsgroups only to keep the discussion intact. "Gordon" wrote: > Outlook 2003 - I'd like to show the day as well as the date - is this > possible? > > > "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <mills@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message news:D742F042-C6B5-4F6F-89E2-6F13C081A7D2@micro...

Query Personal Address book -v- Contact list
If I have understood what others are saying about Outlook 2000, Personal Addresses are .pab files and Contacts are .pst. I was not aware of the .pab files. I have recently changed from Outlook Express to MS Outlook (2000) I am running XP Pro and Office 2000. When I upgraded from OE I seem to have the majority of my previously used contacts (some are missing for some reason - especially the group contacts). I though I should be using Personal Address so followed the following MS instructions:- .. 1.On the Tools menu, click Address Book. 2.Click New Entry . 3.Under Put this entry, click Pe...

Many Transaction Logs
Since our last full backup, which was 2 days ago, the number of transaction logs from one storage group is at 6500. There are approximately 120 users in this storage group that has 3 mailstores. Our other storage groups have more users but not nearly as much transaction logs. Could this indicate a problem? If so, how could we track it down? Thanks On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:29:01 -0700, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Since our last full backup, which was 2 days ago, the number of transaction >logs from one storage group is at 6500. There are approximate...

how many email addresses will outlook 2003 hold?
I can't take a chance on losing ANY of my email addresses....How many will Outlook 2003 hold?? Assuming you mean Contacts, they are part of the data file, which assumming a unicode format has a theoretical unlimited file size. In any case I assume you backup, otherwise your Q has no basis "Liz" <Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90AEB1B6-7961-4F96-91E2-E237057FC2E9@microsoft.com... >I can't take a chance on losing ANY of my email addresses....How many will > Outlook 2003 hold?? ...