How I do I rotate text in an excel cell? The rotate commands is g.

I am trying to flip some text in an excel worksheet either as a block or opne
cell at a time. However the rotate command in the Draw toolbar is greyed out.
Anyone help?
Thanks Mick
0
MickG (2)

Go to Format -> Cells - then go to the allignment tab -
you will see that there is a control set in the bottom
right for doing this

tt5fn benm
0
anonymous (74718)
12/13/2004 7:25:30 AM
If the text is in a cell, you can rotate it up to 90 degrees using
Format/Cells/Alignment...

In article <4984E244-3011-4A69-8648-86F6A8BA85F0@microsoft.com>,
 "MickG" <MickG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am trying to flip some text in an excel worksheet either as a block or opne
> cell at a time. However the rotate command in the Draw toolbar is greyed out.
> Anyone help?
> Thanks Mick
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
12/13/2004 7:26:25 AM
And if you mean "reverse" rather than "flip"........

Public Function RevStr(Rng As Range)
        RevStr = StrReverse(Rng.text)
    End Function

Usage is: RevStr(cellref)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 00:26:25 -0700, JE McGimpsey <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

>If the text is in a cell, you can rotate it up to 90 degrees using
>Format/Cells/Alignment...
>

>In article <4984E244-3011-4A69-8648-86F6A8BA85F0@microsoft.com>,
> "MickG" <MickG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to flip some text in an excel worksheet either as a block or opne
>> cell at a time. However the rotate command in the Draw toolbar is greyed out.
>> Anyone help?
>> Thanks Mick

0
Gord

Customizing Excel
Ok here is my question, I must warn you it might not make sence at first... While working in Excel, when you SELECT a cell, it places a Dark Black Border around the CELL. When you select more than one cell all but the first cell will have the Black Border AND they will be filled with a light blue color. Is there a way to make the cell (even if it is just one cell) to have the black border AND light blue color? my email is raramirez@rccfc.org if anyone can help me! - Rene Are you trying to find the activecell quickly? If yes, Chip Pearson has some code that highlights the activece...

Seperating Text Out Of All Text Fields
can I use the "find" function using no special text? I need to seperate the names out of the following string: first JIM mi T. last JOHNSO -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Vato Loco! Easiest way will be to use Data > Text to Columns using the space as the delimiter. Then discard the bits you don't want. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.17v7fo@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Vato.Loco.17v7fo@excelforum-nospam.com... > can I use the "f...

openening another format in excell
I have some spreedsheets created on staroffice/calc. How do I open them in excell. I no longer have Stars on my computer Assuming they were saved in the Staroffice format, I think you'll need to download and install Staroffice, open the files in Staroffice, and save them out as a file format Excel can import. There is also DataViz's Conversions Plus, but it looks like they don't support Staroffice yet: http://www.dataviz.com/products/conversionsplus/cpw_translist.html Hope this helps, Greg Lovern http://PrecisionCalc.com Get Your Numbers Right "pj" <pris...

Excel #50
1.When I open a file or workbook a message appears stating that the file is already opened and you cannot have two files of the same name etc 2 Frequently there is some proplem with Excel and the A Drive . There is a noise that the A drive is working even though there is no disk loaded. This happens more often when I have eitheir downloaded a file from disk ,remove it and work on the C Drive #1. If you really aren't opening a second workbook with the same name, you could try this (from Debra Dalgleish's site): http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen #2. First, ...

text autoshaped
How do I make the text flow around the autoshape edge? What is the shape? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "skunk" <skunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:452F13D5-F410-4135-9F64-88F9801DFC24@microsoft.com... > How do I make the text flow around the autoshape edge? anyone of the autoshapes, let's say a hexagon. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > What is the shape? > > -- > Mary Sauer MS MVP > http://office.microsoft.com/ > http://msauer.mvps.org/ > news://ms...

rotation
Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees? Thanks Yep ............... Format>CELLS>alignment select the required orientation "mireillea" <mireillea@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote in message news:e5u7s8NZEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees? > Thanks > > Your system clock appears to be off since I show receipt at 7/9 @ 4:31 am -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "mireillea" <mireillea@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote in message new...

Can Excel do this? #2
didnt know where to put this so i thought here would be best, basicaaly i want to be able to compare 2 cells. For example say i have one cell with 1111000111, and another with 1100111000 is it possible to get a result of 2. Because 1111000111 1100111000 the first two letters are the same so there are 2 "correct" restults, is there any code which i can put in for complicated versions of this, thanks -- streetfighter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ streetfighter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid...

Not all of the text is visible when looking at the cell.
Not all of the text in a cell appears when looking at the cell unless I double click the cell or look at the formula bar. Autofit the row height is on and shows a lot of white space. No special styles are applied. Wrap text is on. Cell number is formatted as normal but have tried it as text also. It's an Excel limitation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211580 -- Jim "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F8E4A2D-F263-4C05-8465-7686ED771800@microsoft.com... | Not all of the text in a cell appears when looking at the c...

Excel #104
Lately when I open excel workbooks they open in a small window. How can I get them to open maximized? or normal size? I am using office XP with windows 2000 operating system. JMS wrote: > Lately when I open excel workbooks they open in a small window. How > can I get them to open maximized? or normal size? I am using office > XP with windows 2000 operating system. Drag them to full size and then use File-Close rather than the "X" box. And a tip - please put a precis of your question in the subject line, not just "Excel". We all *know* you are asking an Exc...

how to add prefix '>' to orig text on reply in OWA ?
In Outlook we have the advanced options menu, where a prefix can be added to plain text of the original message received, in case we want to reply to them in plain text - Does a similar option exist in Outlook Web Access ? If not - How can I enable such feature to reply mail to people who hate top-posting. "Pavan Savoy" <Pavan Savoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41BD67A4-C79A-4108-B2F2-4FE5CB46AB34@microsoft.com... > In Outlook we have the advanced options menu, where a prefix can be added to > plain text of the original message received...

Text to column #5
I have a text file of data that i get on a daily basis and have to perform the 'text to column' function on each time. Is there a way that i can just place the new text data in column A and have it automatically updated starting in, say, column C. Alternatively, if that isnt possible is there a function i can write to extract the data from the text file myself. Example: Text in A1 abc 123 def 456 ghi How can i extract abc, 123, def, 456 and ghi into cells c1 through g1? If your text string is always the same length and format, one clunky solution would be to write ...

bodlfacing text within larger text string
I have put together a test string with ="xyz"&text(celld4,"0.00")&"xyz" I would like to boldface the number (celld4) only. Can I add some kind of formating to the text( ) where I tell it a decimal format with 2 places ("0.00") as well or some other way? Thanks Hi no, not possible with formulas -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany hovendic wrote: > I have put together a test string with > > ="xyz"&text(celld4,"0.00")&"xyz" > > I would like to boldface the number (celld4) onl...

Excel wrasp text
Can I get Excel's "wrap text" to work on merged cells like it does on a single cell. If I try to pick merge cells and wrap text for several cells, the text wraps as it is typed but once entered I only get one line unlike a single cell where the cell height increases to accomodate the text. You're right! As you probably know, Merge Cells doesn't automatically click the Wrap Text box in Format | Cells. But even if you click it manually, the Format | Rows | Autofit that works for individual cells doesn't seem to work if the text is in a set of horizontally-merged c...

Text to Columns Macro
Have a large spreadsheet, approximately 1000lines, exported from pdf to xml, then merged from multiple files using Ron deBruin RDBMerge Add-in (thanks, good macro, easy to use) - every third row is a some unformatted data in approx. 5 lines. I want to convert this to columns; I can do this manually by using text to column BUT - a) it is time consuming and I'd prefer to do it by macro; and b) after about 50 or so iterations, the Text to Column Wizard LOSES something, and says it is delimited instead of fixed column, and if I click fixed column, it loses the columns and I am expected ...

sorting by text
I have a list of domain names. from .com .net .org etc etc. they are scattered throughout the the list and i want to organize them. any help on this.? ryan --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might do Data > Text to columns on the list and seggregate the elements of the "names" into separate columns. Then it would be a simple matter to group them by .com, .net, etc.........with multi-key sorts. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "rneedham >" <<rneedham.105m1r@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:rneedham.105m1r@excelforum-nos...

Opening Excel Spreadsheet on a tab #2
When I say tab, I of course mean a sheet -- david.willis ------------------------------------------------------------------------ david.willis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14697 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=263201 One way: Put this in your ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets(1).Select End Sub If you're not familiar with macro, see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article <david.willis.1d3hhz@excelforum-nospam.com>, dav...

How can I delete ALL text boxes in Excel worksheets?
Somehow we have hundreds of text boxes, which you can not locate unless you are lucky enough to select one. Then we can remove them, is there a way to remove ALL text boxes easily? Hi Genesis, > Then we can remove them, is there a way to > remove ALL text boxes easily? > F5, special, Objects, del? Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ads.com Works great. Thank you. "Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote: > Hi Genesis, > > > Then we can remove them, is there a way to > > remove ALL text boxes easily? > > > > F5, special, Objects, de...

Text not continuing to wrap for large block of text in Excel cell
I'm trying to enter a large block of text into a cell. I have the cell formatted to wrap text, but after I've typed in a certain amount of text it stopps wrapping and all the text entered after that point continues on the same line out of the visible cell. Dragging the bottom of the cell down does not make the text appear. Line breaks in a cell can be enforced by <Alt>+<Enter>. Pls note the max cell width is 255 chars. "Mandra" wrote: > I'm trying to enter a large block of text into a cell. I have the cell > formatted to wrap text, but after...

Links in Text Boxes
Is it possible to add links to text boxes? I am using a 100% stacked column graph, but I need to show the total number of items that each column consists of. I've been told to add text boxes (which I really don't want to do because it will require manual updating all the time and look really bad), but I can't find a good way to display the count. If I add text boxes with links, it wouldn't be so bad. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks. Figured it out. Just have to press F2 before you enter the cell reference. :) ...

right click functions for excel
does anyone know how to update right-click features for excel? i used to be able to highlight a row/column/cell and delete the info by right clicking the mouse. i somehow lost that ability and its driving me nuts thanks in advance This MS article lists the ID numbers to the controls for the different command bars (you want shortcut menu). XL2000: List of ID Numbers for Built-In CommandBar Controls http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;213552 If you use the Visual Basic Help and search under "Adding and displaying shortcut menus", you'll get some samp...

Launching specific spreadsheet from Desktop in Excel 2003
Excel 2003 SP3 WinXP Pro SP2 How do I launch a specific spreadsheet using Excel 2003 from the Desktop? Obviously, I can launch Excel but I can't determine the syntax for a specific spreadsheet. I've tried "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office ...\Excel.exe" 'C:\MyExcel\Documents\LaunchIt.xls' and a variety of iterations. Any direction or guidance appreciated. Eventually, I'd like to set my "Most Frequently Used" documents as icons on the Desktop. TIA, Tom Tom With Excel open, go to File>Open and right-click on the file you need a shortcut to. Se...

how to know the offset of title in text file
Dear All: here ,I have a text file. In my text file,have some paragraph and each paragraph has a Title. Question: How Can I know what each paragraph's offset and is in the text file and length is . It is appreciated for someone answer! You have to know what defines a paragraph. If it is a special character, you can parse the file looking for said character. "terrcy" <terrcy@cn-finet.com> wrote in message news:OAq5oz2KEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Dear All: > > here ,I have a text file. In my text file,have some paragraph and each > paragraph has a...

Sorting Text Fields Containing Letters and Numbers
To whom it may confuse. I have a query with a text field that needs to be sorted in descending order. The field name is "ContainerNumber" and the data will always have at least a letter in the begining. As you can see the data sample "D100/07" comes after "D10/07" and that is not what I need. I need "D11/07" to come after "D10/07" and so on. How can I fix this? ContainerNumber D03/07 D06/07 D07/07 D08/07 D09/07 D10/07 D100/07 D101/07 D102/07 D103/07 D104/07 D105/07 D106/07 D107/07 D108/07 D109/07 D11/07 D110/07 D111/07 D112/07 D113/07 D114...

How I do I rotate text in an excel cell? The rotate commands is g.
I am trying to flip some text in an excel worksheet either as a block or opne cell at a time. However the rotate command in the Draw toolbar is greyed out. Anyone help? Thanks Mick Go to Format -> Cells - then go to the allignment tab - you will see that there is a control set in the bottom right for doing this tt5fn benm If the text is in a cell, you can rotate it up to 90 degrees using Format/Cells/Alignment... In article <4984E244-3011-4A69-8648-86F6A8BA85F0@microsoft.com>, "MickG" <MickG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to flip some t...

Parsing text containing a tilde "~"?
I have text in column A which I want to manipulate. The format of the text on the left, text on the right, seperated by " ~ " (space-tilde-space). The text on either sides of the space-tilde-space may contain spaces, slashes, backslashes, pound signs, ampersands, etc. What I'd really like to do is swap the positions of the the text on the other side of the tilde and replace the tilde with a hyphen. In other words, all the left-side text up to the space-tilde-space delimiter moves to the right of the space-tilde-space delimiter and the right-side text moves to th...