how i do enable icons in excel

some of icons doesnt work like chart , scenario ...

when i go to customise its appear active when i closed its back to an active

how can slove this problem

thanks
0
Salah (4)

salah

If the workbook is shared Insert>Chart and Tools>Scenarios will be grayed
out(unavailable).

Check at Tools>Share Workbook to see if book is shared.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 03:24:07 -0700, "salah" <salah@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>some of icons doesnt work like chart , scenario ...
>
>when i go to customise its appear active when i closed its back to an active
>
>how can slove this problem
>
>thanks

0
Gord
4/24/2005 3:42:44 PM
Dear Gord

Thank you very much for your assetnace its helpful ,

best regards

salah

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> salah
>
> If the workbook is shared Insert>Chart and Tools>Scenarios will be grayed
> out(unavailable).
>
> Check at Tools>Share Workbook to see if book is shared.
>

> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 03:24:07 -0700, "salah" <salah@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >some of icons doesnt work like chart , scenario ...
> >
> >when i go to customise its appear active when i closed its back to an active
> >
> >how can slove this problem
> >
> >thanks

0
Salah (4)

Excel in French
Hello, I have a problem with a macro which has been created on Excel in English. When it runs on an English station it's ok. When I launch it on a pc with Excel in French There is an error. Have you any idea about this ? When I just change the language parameters from french to english, the macro is going fine. thanks for any idea Ray Ray, Normally, macros run fine being taken across, but there are some things that you have to watch out for. Dates tend to one area of concern, but to really help you we would need to know what code is erroring out. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace ...

Excel
I'd like to be able to represent a limit level across a series of results either using one gridine or any other suggestions. The way I am doing it at the moment means that the limit columns are blocking the view of lower levels of data, values higher than the limit are obvious but ones lesser than are restricted from view. Any help please. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "ju1eshart" <ju1eshart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Need a macro to insert text in a cell that already has text.Excel
I want a macro that will allow me insert text in a cell where I have placed my curser. Sounds easy. Hope it is. Help! Sharon Sub PlaceText() ActiveCell.Value = "ABCD" End Sub if you mean you are editing a text string in a cell and you want to insert text within the text string, then there is no direct support for that. For any practical application, macros do not run when you are in edit mode. Try copying the text string to add by selecting just the text and doing Ctrl+c now where your cursor is in the cell where you want it added, do Ctrl+v -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "go...

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?
I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where this checkbox is in Office 2003! This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons. You cannot off the prompt using the XL interface. Modifying the following registry key will give you the same effect: Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options Key: QuerySecurity Values: 0 = Prompt on all workbooks 1 = Do Not Prom...

copy excel chats I dont stand
i want copy too file excel in my chats but i dont stand too program -- jittagon ...

Sorting In Excel #3
I have a column in excel full of dates. The format is as follows: mm/dd/yyyy. I want to sort by that column, however, when I do excel sorts by the year. I tried changing the format so that only the month, and day are display, however, it still sorts by year. Can anyone tell me if there is a way of sorting this column by the actual month and not the year? Thanks, You have to add a help column =MONTH(A2) copy down and then sort on the help column -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Marilyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62cb01c42e14$1a014...

Unsolicited Paperclip Icon
Email has started arriving in the last week showing the paper clip icon yet there is no attachment. I have checked with the sender and learned no attachment was sent. One sender has also received many emails with the paper clip but also with no attachments. Virus checking is up to date and no "threat" has been found. Any suggestions? I want to get rid of the unnecessary icon that is randomly appearing. I use Norton 2004 and have ZoneAlarm firewall. Sylvia turn off email scanning and see if it fixes it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 H...

Excel Rows to Word Docs
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA6239.CE012580 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have an excel sheet where I log all my company quotations (1 quotation = per excel row). The row contains such columns as :- a.. Date Received b.. Client Compnay c.. Client Name d.. Tender Price e.. Lead-in period etc. I would like to create a word document (letter) which uses certain cells = to populate various elements of the letter which is saved as a word = template. This would seem to ...

Excel should improve dotted-line pattern.
In Excel line charts, the dotted and dashed line patterns start over at every data point. This is different from earlier versions of Excel, in which the same pattern continued through successive data points. Because of the problem in the current version, the dots or dashes at each data point may be close together or even run into each other, which muddles the pattern and the distinction between different patterns. With the dot-dash pattern, depending on the spacing between data points, the problem may cause the dots to be totally obliterated (i.e. they run into the dashes). Would ap...

Need number in Excel converted to spelled out text
How do I have Excel look at a number in one cell and type out the text representing the number in another cell. I need to use the XL sheet in a mail merge and the number needs to be displayed both numberically and as text. Terry A posting from Norman Harker............. See: XL2000: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;213360 and: XL: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;140704& and: (courtesy of a cut and paste from a Tom Ogilvy post): If yo...

Enable macros
I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message every time I enter something in any field: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I don't have any macros in this workbook. Les ...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...

How do I get rid of too many active cells in Excel
When I click on a second cell location, the box appeared in the first cell location remained in the work sheet. I fixed the problem by closing the file and reopen it but what causes it? See answer to your next posting of this question. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Josey" <Josey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D63ABFA-A3DB-4CF4-AD13-21D1D5690B8F@microsoft.com... > When I click on a second cell location, the box appeared in the first cell > location remained in the work sheet. I fixed the problem by closing the file > and reopen it but what causes it...

Send Email in Excel crashes after CRM 4.0 installation
Since installing CRM 4.0 Outlook client (rollup 7) onto my Vista (Outlook 2003 sp 3 and Excel XP), I cannot click on the Send to Mail Recipient button as Excel keeps crashing with the following details. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CRMUnmanaged Problem Signature 01: 4.0.7333.2138 Problem Signature 02: EXCEL.EXE Problem Signature 03: 29 Problem Signature 04: c:\bt\13487\src\application\outlook\abprovider\cablogon.cpp OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Event Log Faulting application EXCEL.EXE, version 10.0.6856.0, time stamp 0x4a7c8bc3, faulting modul...

Enabling Circular Logging
Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet starting today. The company I am doing this with suggested enabling circular logging on the Exchange server to avoid backing up unnesseccary data and to svae over the wire bamdwidth. Can anyone explain to me what it is, and how to enble it? I have Exchange 2003 standard server with SP1. Thanks!!!! On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:01 -0800, "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet >starting today. The compa...

Pasting Graphs as Pictures in Excel
In an attempt to save file size, I would like to use paste special to past Excel graphs as pictures within Excel. I know you can paste special as pictures within PPT, but is it possible to do it within Excel???? Not sure if that can be done, what I do is cop the graph, open mspaint paste, select it again copy and paste back into excel, it does it as an image -- -John Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "andy.hogan@gmail.com" wrote: > In an attempt to save file size, I would like to use paste special to > past Excel gra...

Am I able to sort dates by month rather than year in excel?
I am using office 2003. I need a report that sorts my employees in order by the month they are hired. Excel always sorts by year. Just an example: If a date is in A1 and the rest of the column, then in B1 enter =MONTH(A1) and copy down Then sort by column B -- Gary's Student "Ruth k." wrote: > I am using office 2003. I need a report that sorts my employees in order by > the month they are hired. Excel always sorts by year. ...

Excel 2000 file reacts differently in Excel 2010
I have a spreadsheet that reacts as expected in Excel 2000 but differently in 2010. The spreadsheet is generated from an Excel 2000 template. The sheet is protected, allowing input into restricted parts of the sheet. In Excel 2000, by repeatedly hitting 'tab', I can jump from one field to the next and when I get to the last unlocked field, the next 'tab' will take me back to the top of the sheet. This is all as expected. In Excel 2010 everything reacts the same way until I get to a group of merged cells towards the bottom of the sheet (B49:P56). Once the focus is at th...

Missing function in Excel 2003 #2
I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? Hi never heard about this. Maybe he has to install the Analysis Toolpak Addin ('tools - addins'). "Galldrian" wrote: > I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel > 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it > before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? > Never heard of a coalition matrix. The Analysi...

Determining if hibernation is enabled
Hi, I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put the pc in into hibernation, which only works if hibernation is enabled. How can I determine whether hibernation is enabled before calling, so I can report as much to my users? I'm working with VS2008, targetting XP and Vista. Thanks, Steph IsPwrHibernateAllowed\ GetPwrCapabilities or CallNtPowerInformation(Maybe it's better way) "Steph" <steph@newsgroups.nospam> д����Ϣ news:92169931-7711-41D8-A88E-6C6092343D40@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put...

2 Files Open In 2 Instances Of Excel #4
Dave..... Once again you come up with the answer........... This has solved the problem perfectly. I have placed the Application.DisplayAlerts = True part within my close program VBA, so that it is activated when other use other spreadsheets. Thanks Again Celtic_Avenger :) :) :) :) : -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27390 ...

Opening Excel Link from Outlook 2000
Hi All, Using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000 Professional). I Receive an email with a hyperlink to an Excel file (Somewhere On the LAN) I Click on link An existing Excel Session is disturbed with a message advising user to open as read only (Not a "file locked" messagebox). Excel file procedes to be opened in Internet Explorer Existing Excel session has all it's windows resized So 2 problems which could probably be solved with 1 solution 1. How to stop excel-linked files being opened in IE 2. How to stop existing excel sessions being disrupted Many Thanks, -John ---------------...

New excel user question: Incase of tie, select latest date
This will probably be really simple for most of you. This is coming fro someone really new to excel. I'm working on a worksheet and I can't figure out how to do this. In case of a tie, select the latest date. And it says i can't use th sort command. Now i can figure out how to tell if there is a tie using =IF(COUNTIF(I13:I43,MIN(I13:I43))>=2,"Tie","no tie") But i can't figure out how to tell it to show the latest date. Thanks for any input or hints on what to experiment with -- liptonbn ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Excel files are 'read only' when accessed over network.
How do I make them accessible please. Also I cannot get access to Windows folder via network. Ideally I would like to get access to everything over the network if I need to. I have ticked sharing and security boxes. Since these are network drives, you may want to have your IT folks look at it and see if you have access to the drives/folders you need. gracenote wrote: > > How do I make them accessible please. > > Also I cannot get access to Windows folder via network. Ideally I > would like to get access to everything over the network if I need to. > I have ticked sharing...