How does one change the sample number. Instead of zero my workshe.

My Excel work sheet displays a -1 when it should read zero.  When right click
and go to format cells and number I see that a -1 is in the sample section.
However, I can not change it to zero.
0
John1063 (943)

John

Why do you think it should read zero?

What value is in the cell?  A computed value that you feel should be zero?

If you type in a zero you should see 0

If you type in -1 you will see -1

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:40:02 -0700, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>My Excel work sheet displays a -1 when it should read zero.  When right click
>and go to format cells and number I see that a -1 is in the sample section.
>However, I can not change it to zero.

0
Gord
4/14/2005 11:05:46 PM
Hi John

what is in the cell? is it a formula, if so could you copy & paste the
actual formula in your reply post and detail the appropriate cell values
that are feeding into this formula.

--
Cheers
JulieD
> My Excel work sheet displays a -1 when it should read zero.  When right
> click
> and go to format cells and number I see that a -1 is in the sample
> section.
> However, I can not change it to zero.

0
JulieD1 (2295)

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

How to change Revision Number of quote
Hi all, I am trying to change the revision number in the Quote view. Creating a new revision of the quote does not seem to increase the revision number. I also tried changing it via the quote proxy object. The revision number field is uneditable and I have to depend on CRM to get me a new revision number. I am sure I am missing something, I am working on the AdventureWorks database. Please let me know how to change the revision number. Regards, Sameer ...

why crash in the second method of one interface
Hi, Using one class generated from *.tlb to call 2 methods of one COM. The strange thing is that I got one error of the "First-chance exception in : 0xC0000005: Access Violation" in the second method. I also use ASP web page to call both methods of this COM and both methods seems is OK. ITemplateManage mytemplate; if (!mytemplate.CreateDispatch("comobj.TemplateManage")) { IDE_Error::Report (ComError|1,"ComObj.TemplateManage in FUN_Template::Add()"); return false; } result = mytemplate.Check (templatefilename); decodeparameter=mytemplate.GetInfo (templ...

Duplicate Transactions, One When Pending, One When Posted
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I couldn't seem to find an answer searching: My problem is, a transaction occurs at my bank, and MM2K7 downloads the data for it. Once that transaction moves from "Pending" to "Posted" at my bank, the transaction data changes, so MM downloads it again. Sometimes I get a possible duplicate message from MM, sometimes I don't. What are people doing to handle this situation? Thank you. This is a problem with your bank, not with Money. Eventually they should fix it. Call them. In the meantime VOID the pending transacti...

MSR Credit Card Reader adds all the information on one line
Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # line. Thanks in advance! What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have? Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR. Rob "Steakum" wrote: > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # > line. > > Thanks in advance! Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface Do I need to select the Wedge Key...

Macro for hiding zero data rows while printing
I want to print an Excel report where rows are accounts and columns are periods, and the data is in dollars. The report should not print out all those rows that have zero data in them. Can a macro or a combination of some Excel function & macro do that? How? On Dec 8, 8:05=A0am, Sandy <Sa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to print an Excel report where rows are accounts and columns are > periods, and the data is in dollars. The report should not print out all > those rows that have zero data in them. Can a macro or a combination of s= ome > Excel ...

changing the color of a single bar on a graph
I am creating a bar graph that, for example, list a class full of students and their grades on an assignment. I want to be able to graph all of the results, have the graph all in the same color, and then enter in a cell the student ID I am reviewing, then have the graph update to change the color of that student's grade on the chart. As this is going to be a lookup tool, I need this to be like a macro that changes the graph automatically versus clicking on it and doing it manually. Anyone able to help? Hi, You can do this with 2 data series and some worksheet formula. Example d...

grid off on one page
Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote: >Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? Not really as it is a document wide setting.... however, there is workaround open the page shapesheet menu window -> Show shapesheet and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. SSADM for Visio http://www.saadm.sandrila.co.uk/ On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:47:53 +0000, Paul Herber <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wro...

Changing IP address
We just changed ISP's and changed the IP address on the server. How no one can get to there e-mail, WHY? The server now has a 192 address and before has an external address. Care to provide more details, like type and version of client and server used, error messages (if any), name resolution setup etc? Bob wrote: > We just changed ISP's and changed the IP address on the server. How no one can get to there e-mail, WHY? The server now has a 192 address and before has an external address. -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com The s...

One to One relationship
I have an Events entity that is an offshoot from the Contacts entity. Basically, it tracks what events each contact has been invited to, and is used mainly by the Events Coordinator. I've set it up as a One (Contact) to Many (Events) relationship. However, I really only want one event form for each contact form. The reason I've set up a different entity rather than just adding a tab is that access to this entity needs to be tightly controlled. Obviously, if many events forms are created for the one contact, it would be very difficult to tell which one is accurate etc. Is it possibl...

Next Date given one date
At this time, I cannot use VBA. Here is my objective: For a given treasury note security: Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of the "first coupon date". Logically speaking: * Security pays 2 times each year * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15 * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04. * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04. Can this be...

route inbound email from ip to one folder
Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain IP address to a single folder? Our company is receiving emails from a source that we do not wish to receive, and would like these email to be directed to a singe folder rather than blocking them. Any ideas? Thanks. you could send them to the turf dir... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245465 "daine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d501c4263d$f4d05110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain > IP address to a single ...

One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM
We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major problems. Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that will be housing 4 HyperV VMs. For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to sync correctly. I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host drive. The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error. It will try an initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data tr...

change the value of a combo box
I would like to change the value on a combo box I am using: Form_fmain!fmainp.pstatus.Value = "Design/Rev" The "Deisgn/Rev" is one of the choices. What I am doing wrong? Thank you all Bre-x Forms!fmain!fmainp.Form!pstatus.Value = "Design/Rev" thanks to: http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm The column that displays the value "Design/Rev", is that the column that the field is bound to? Check BoundColumn property. "Bre-x" wrote: > I would like to change the value on a combo box > I am using:...

Exchange 5.5 - One Organization
Hello - I am having a problem that I would like some more information on. I have One Organization (5.5) and 16 Sites (5.5) and would like to know why I can't stop the other sites from sending mail through me. If I can, I would like to know how. Thanks for any help. what do you mean by "sending mail through me"? What mail? Internet email? Does each site have its own Internet Mail Service? Or is your site kind of the "hub" where all Internet email comes in and goes out? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dave.mudgett" <davemudgett@discussions.microsoft....

workflow fires twice
I have a workflow associated with quotes that is set to fire when the status changes. The first line of the workflow checks the status. If the status is not won, the workflow cancels, if the status equals won, then the steps continue. The workflow fires twice most of the time. Both of the workflows that fire say they fired because a record attribute changed. I even created a very simple test workflow to rule out an issue with any of the steps in my real workflow as being part of the issue. What people are doing is taking a draft quote and activating it, then turning the draft quote in...

See more than one tab at a time
I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or more tabs from the same worksheet On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:57:03 -0700, "rocky59" <rocky59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. >Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or >more tabs from the same worksheet That would be because each tab represents a single worksheet. Clicking on the tab would move you from where ...

Why Would You Lose Sound On One User
WXP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 3 with all current updates Dell Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz, 512 MB RAM System has three users all with admin rights - User 1(primary - me), User 2 (wife), and System Admin. (which I made visible on desktop). I (User 1) have lost sound when attempting to play CD's, and other audio files using WMP 11, however, I can still hear system sounds. User 2 and System Admin. still have full sound. System restore does not help ( in this case I only had a restore point from 5 days ago. Any thoughts? -- Skeeter "Old age and ...

NUMBER LISTS
I am trying to enter several hundred numbers in one colum. But would like to expel some of the time it will take to do so.. Is thier a quick way to do this... What are the numbers? Give us an example. "jblev" <jblev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5561C5A8-EF56-46BC-AD65-2D89CE8CB8FD@microsoft.com... >I am trying to enter several hundred numbers in one colum. But would like >to > expel some of the time it will take to do so.. Is thier a quick way to do > this... What kind of numbers? A series of sequential numbers? To enter 1 to 500 in co...

change column to rows with a match
I need a worksheet formula that can do this : data in columns: result: A B U V W X Y Z 1 bill 22 1 bill 22 7 4 7 22 2 bill 7 2 joe 5 5 3 bill 4 3 ian 8 10 8 6 4 bill 7 4 ann 3 8 10 5 bill 22 6 joe 5 7 joe 5 8 ian 8 9 ian 10 10 ian 8 11 ian 6 12 ann 3 1...

Combining two fields into one in a query for a report
The database I am working on is to keep track of parts that are either in their storage area (on a shelf) or on an assembly line. I have two fields, one called Shelf and every part has a shelf assigned to it. The other field is Line and if a part in on an assembly line, there is a number indicating that line, if the part is on it's shelf, the word STOCK appears in the line field. (Has to be this way for the rest of the database to work, so this is not up for question) Now, I need to creat a report to show where all parts are. If they are on a line the result needs to show the l...

Tracing and tracking email on one mailbox
1. I want to use a current copy of the Exchange 2003 database and scrub it for all emails regarding one mailbox. Is there a tool that will assist me in this? 2. How do I tell Exchange 2003 to notify me of any emails transmitted to and from a particular address? And yes, this in conjunction with #1. I want to track one user's mail without using delegate or adding myself to their Active Directory profile and having to create another profile in Outlook. 1. Have a read through this: http://wm.quest.com/reg/marketing/landing/ediscoveryexchange/. This product is ideally suited for ...

Changing COSTS in Supplier tab
I changed cost all pricing in headquarters and successfully updated costs in store manager. Is there a way to update those changes for the SUPPLIER tab? Those did not reflect the new changes. ...

Extract Numbers from a text field whereever they are
If I have a text field and the data starts with numbers I know I can use VAL to extract the number but if the data starts with a letter VAL returns 0 - i.e A109 = 0 whilst 109A =109. How can I convert to a number wherever the text data actually is? I'm hoping there is a function for this as I don't really write code. Thanks for any help On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 07:45:01 -0800, Sheila D wrote: > If I have a text field and the data starts with numbers I know I can use VAL > to extract the number but if the data starts with a letter VAL returns 0 - > i.e A109 = 0 whilst 109A ...