How do you stack 3 words in one cell

I am trying to figure out how to put the text "monthly rental pmnts" all in
one cell so that they stack on top of each other.  Any suggestions?

Hi
Format the cell text>Wrapped
Then use Alt+Enter after each value where you want to start a new line

--
-------
Regards

"Tami Sawyer" <Tami Sawyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to figure out how to put the text "monthly rental pmnts" all
> in
> one cell so that they stack on top of each other.  Any suggestions?

> signature database 5164 (20100601) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5164 (20100601) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Roger
6/1/2010 9:10:23 PM
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:57:01 -0700, Tami Sawyer <Tami
Sawyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to figure out how to put the text "monthly rental pmnts" all in
>one cell so that they stack on top of each other.  Any suggestions?

Push ALT+ENTER wherever you want a new line

Hope this helps / Lars-�ke
0
Lars
6/1/2010 9:14:56 PM
You can use alt-enter:
A word(alt-enter)A second word(alt-enter)A Third word
would look like:

A word
A second word
A Third word

And if you're using a formula:
=a1&char(10)&b1&char(10)&c1

And format the cell to wraptext

Tami Sawyer wrote:

> I am trying to figure out how to put the text "monthly rental pmnts" all in
> one cell so that they stack on top of each other.  Any suggestions?

--

Dave Peterson
0

MSOffice 2003 .DOC ----->Works9 Word Processor .WPS
Hi, I am a HOME (not a corporate or business) user who has been using MSOffice 2003 and have found the it to be "overkill" (it has too many functions than I don't need) and recently purchased a new W7 system that had Works 9 installed so I thought that I would use the "crippled" Word processor in Works 9 and have encountered a small annoyance. I copied the .DOC files to a new folder and when I opened Works9, I clicked on the folder and tried to open the DOC file but the default extension for Works is .WPS NOT .DOC (which is understandable). So in order ...

Stacked bars with textlegends in each stacked bar
Hi Group I wonder if this can be done. Data like this A | 0 | 3 B | 3 | 0 C | 2 | 3 1' column is legend 2' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "1" (first stacked bar) on the X axis) 3' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "2" (second stacked bar) on the X axis) Here I would like to have 2 stacked bars Each have legend inside bar IF value is more than 0 That would say in this case ___ ___ | | | | A | | B |___| |___| | | | C | | C | | 1 2 Hobe I explained so that you guys undetstand :-) cheers ...

Stacked column with line chart
I have a chart which shows units gained above the axis, units disposed of in a column under the axis and net units as a line. I have trend lines on 3 months average for both the units gained and disposed of. I am now being asked to show units massed moved under the line stacked on the diposal units. How do I accomplish this? I looked for a custom graph in Excel and cannot find one to do what I want. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Draw your own custom chart. For an existing chart, right click on it, select Source Data from the pop up menu, and click...

Unable to Sort Relationship Views after DST Patch CRM 3.0
After installing the DST patches, we are no longer able to sort the columns in the Cutsomer Relationship view and the Opportunity Relationship view by clicking on the column headers. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks, Wanda -- WKC Greater Twin Cities United Way Minneapolis, MN ...

Formulas in a sentence
We have been asked to contact you by our client =c6 , regarding your past due invoice for =c8. What would the formula be? c8 pay c6. Only fair :-) -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "krissy" <krissy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EC16A49-AE38-48F4-B27B-546C63073FE3@microsoft.com... > We have been asked to contact you by our client =c6 , regarding your past due > invoice for =c8. > > What would the formula be? ="We ...

Is it possible to keep the month and day together on one line in .
In letters or other documents, sometimes the day gets separated from the month at the end of a line. I'd like to keep the month and day together. In WordPerfect, there was a code that kept these two on the same line. Is there anything in Word 2003 that can do this. Thank you. Word probably has a solution. Ask in a Word newsgroup. Now if you really meant Publisher, highlight the date, format, character spacing... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Running Deer" <Running Deer@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Conditional Formatting Question #3
I don't know if this can even be done in Excel, and if it can, I don't have a clue on how to do it, so I am asking the experts. I have a rather extensive workbook that I use to configure Project Server settings. One page contains the security templates, which consists of columns of data with the words "Yes" or "No" entered in text. What I would like to do is have conditional formatting that would change the cell background color if Yes changes to No or vice versa, but otherwise, stay white. In other words, if the data in the cell changes, change the background c...

how do I convert Works DB files to Word
I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition. I was using Microsoft Works. My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get my database to convert. My spreadsheets converted also. Help Geranium Jane wrote: > I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition. I was using > Microsoft Works. My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get > my database to convert. My spreadsheets converted also. > Help In Works, use "Save as" in both cases "Gordon" wrote: > Geranium Jane wrote: > > I just bought...

MSCRM 3.0 English to MSCRM 3.0 Dutch
We are currently using MSCRM 3.0 English on our current server. On our new server we want to install MSCRM 3.0 Dutch (part of our action pack). How do we get the data from our current installation into the new one? ...

change category of one appt in series?
Is it possible to change the category of one appointment in a recurring appointment? That's not possible. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pda? http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=39473 "GAK" <G...

Stack overflow question
Occassionally when on Facebookwith MSIE if I have 2 instance of Facebook open (Different pages) I will get an error message of "Stack Overflow at Line: 31". When I click OK the page finishes loading fine. Any suggestions as to what is going on? Running: <<< System Summary >>> > Manufacturer : eMachines Inc. > Mainboard : eMachines WMCP61M > Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V > Processor : AMD Athlon Neo MV 26 @ 1600 MHz > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM ) > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ...

password protected #3
I have a file that has not been opened quite long, but it is password protected. now i intend to open it...any solution to open it??? it might be a way to recall my password by giving me a clue... Or i have to forget that file forever... I have tried to get the password but i am lost totally... Hi is this an read/write password (entered in the Excel saving dialog). If yes (depending on the complexity of your chosen password) you're probably out of luck. You may try searching Google for 'Excel password remover'. There're some tools available (but they will work only for simpl...

Missing buttons #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C67289.CB60C2C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I don't have a forward button or send recieve?? Thanks for your help. John ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C67289.CB60C2C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-...

Authentication #3
We have remote offices connected through a vpn, and this situation work well. At one of our remote offices (different subnet) there is a scanner which will allow us to scan a document directly to an email. How can I allow exchange (2003 on SBS) to pass this email through? Ideally, I would enter the IP address to allow, but quite frankly, I haven't a clue where to start. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks Denis On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 04:59:02 -0700, Denis <Denis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have remote offices connected through a vpn, and this situation work well...

mass changes to cell protection
Is there a way to alter the cell protection based on a condition instead of going in and manually changing them? more exact: I want to protect all my cells that have a formula, and un-protect the ones that do not. Adam, on way, select all the cells, Ctrl+a, unprotect them all, then edit, go to, special, check formulas ok, then protect the cells that are selected -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Adam Kroger ...

Filters #3
Help! I am doing a Rule wizard. I have created a filter and instead of going into the specfic folder I assigned it to it is going into my inbox, my folder I assigned it to and another folder that has nothing to do with it. I have made 5 other filters the same way and I am having no problem with them at all. Can someone please guide me into what I may be doing wrong with this filter? Thank you! Try adding "stop processing more rules" to the end of each rule. Possibly multiple rules are acting on a particular message, causing duplicates to be created in different folders. -...

Hyperlinks In Outlook #3
By default, I can paste in a URL, and Outlook converts it to a hyperlink. Since I switched boxes here at work, my URL's don't provide you with a hyperlink; I have to manually add the link by selecting the text and right-clicking it, and selecting Hyperlink from the list. This is a nusance, actually, since I have to send hyperlinks ALL DAY. And this feature is supposed to be enabled by default. Any suggestions on how to get my URL's to automatically provide a hyperlink? Is this a preference setting I can't seem to find? Thanks! Are you using word as your editor and ...

outlook will not open Word attachments
Related to these questions: I use Office 2003 and Outlook to send and receive e-amil. From one day to the next, incoming Word attachments will not open. No problem opening Excel attachments.Error message reads, "C:\Docs & settings\Temp. Int. Files\OLK126... The archive is either in unknown format or damaged. Can anyone help? edrobbie <edrobbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Related to these questions: I use Office 2003 and Outlook to send and > receive e-amil. From one day to the next, incoming Word attachments > will not open. No problem opening Excel attach...

Excel to Word
I am trying to copy a cell with a drop down box, and paste it into a Word Documemt. When I copy the cell over the value of the drop down box will in word ...

Stacked charts #4
Hi I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is reached. Ex. I have a mashine that produces 1000 it's goal is 2000. The chart should then show a column that is red because it is under the goal. I also have a maschine that produces 3000 and the goal is 2000. The coloum should then change to green. Is it possible to make a chart like this in excel? Regards Ticotion On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Ticotion <Ticotion@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is &...

Large integers in cells
Hi How can I make Excel show integers larger than 15 digits? I mean without showing it in squares of 10. 123456789012345 is largest I can make fully visible by changing cell type. After that, for example 1234567890123456 is shown as 1234567890123450 or 1,234567890123450E+14 depending on cell type. But NOT the way I'd like it. Is it possible to change the behaviour so I can see as long integer as fits to cell? regards Juha Immonen Not as an integer, as Excel only displays 15 digits and as you see it then adds zeroes, so without working in scientific notation...no If these are really...

Joining text with a formula in cell
Does anybody know how to change the decimal places after using &"*" Even if the cell is set to 2 decimal places it will show the ful amount of decimals in the sum then the *. Might be something simple bu if so I cant see the wood for the tress -- Mustard Hea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mustard Head's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27700 Hi i saw your last post 30mins or so ago and didn't really understand that o...

email #3
How do I password protect my email in Outlook? Several people have access to my computer while I'm gone and I would like to password protect my email account. Have tried but doesn't seem to work. What version? IN 2002 File>Data File Management>Settings>Change Password. Just before to write down the password and seal it away somewhere, cause if you forget it there is NO way to get back into your email. "Judy" <judyberg@sunflower.com> wrote in message news:047e01c34d7a$8bbf3a20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I password protect my email in Outlook? Severa...

word processing
Version: 2008 When processing a document in APA format I have to have a custom cover letter/title page for the document and I have to number it with the roman numeral &quot;i&quot;. For the remainder of the document I have to number, starting a &quot;1&quot; again, using regular numbers. How do I do this? Add a section break where you want to change the format of the page numbering. Set the footer so it is NOT "Link to previous" Then add the page numbers for the front section and specify lower-case Roman, and add page numbers for the remaining sections ...

how to transfer email accounts parameters from one computer to another
Hi, i need to transfer my outlook 2007 account from one computer to another. I know how to transfer psv file already what i need is to tranfer all my accounts info in one shot (server info,passwords ect..). I have a lot of emails accounts with server and password stored in my laptop outlook account and cannot find info on how to transfer that info. Thanks -- baby2 You cannot, account info held in the win registry "baby2" <baby2.578f565@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:baby2.578f565@outlookbanter.com... > > Hi, i need to transfer my ou...