How do you protect a spreadsheet from being deleted?

I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, does anyone
know how to do this?
Thanks

Hi
do you mean single tabs?. If yes try 'tools - Protection - Workbook'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

cara_scully wrote:
> I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users,
> does anyone know how to do this?
> Thanks
0
frank.kabel (11126)

Unusual appearance of spreadsheet
Hello, Unusual to me at least. I am writing a program to automatically break apart some Excel spreadsheet files and I am looking at some samples. They have some features I have not seen before in spreadsheets. One feature is a kind of header section which stays put when you scroll down. Neat feature, but I am wondering if it interferes with the functioning of my program. The other feature, which may be related is the appearance of vertical lines in the left margin with plus or minus signs at the bottom which allows the vertical compression or expansion of sections of rows. Finally, the se...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

URGENT--View of deleted records in a related Entity
Dear All, I am facing a problem in a custom entity which is having a many to one relationship with system entity'Contacts'. Due to the relationship i have a lookup in custom entity from the system entity 'Contacts' using which user can choose the contact that which he or she wants to associate with that particular record of custom enity. Problem is when i delete the record of that particulat contact in entity 'Conatcts' the form of the custom entity still shows the name of that particular 'Contact' ( which is been deleted). It is creating a lot of proble...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

RFI: Transposing/moving data in a spreadsheet
I hope this isn't a stupidly simple question. I have precipitation data for numerous locations for about the last 50 years. The data is in Excel, and in a single ( very large) spreadsheet, in the following format Col 1 Col 2 Col 3 Col 4 Col 5 Col 6 etc. etc. etc. Loc Year Jan Feb Mar Apr Where Loc=location So for Alpine, TX, I will have 50 lines for 1950-1999 with the yearly data in a single line. I have 1000+ lines in the sheet. In order to calculate standardized percipitation indices, I need the data for each location to be in a single column. Ultimately three columns actually, ...

CANNOT PROTECT
Trying to password and read only protect a Microsoft Word docuement that is embedded in Excel. When I open the "protected" document, the read-only prompt does not appear...and I can still make changes and close the docuement. HELP! Try this: create the document directly in word, protect it and save it to disk. Then copy the text you want and past it special as an OLE object in excel Peter ...

Recover deleted transactions
Hello, I deleted a number of transactions from my account and would like to recover them. Is there a setting that I can do to re download those transactions during synchronization? Regards, Omar In microsoft.public.money, Omar Khorshed wrote: > >I deleted a number of transactions from my account and would like to recover >them. Is there a setting that I can do to re download those transactions >during synchronization? File->Restore is good. There may be ways that would work in some instances, but File->Restore should work easily across the board for those with a sui...

delete section break
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't seem to replace a section break with a page break. I can put in a page break, but not delete the section break. Can't select it or delete from one end or the other. Help! I think you are in the wrong group. Word has section breaks, Excel does not. See the Excel help topic "Adjust page breaks before printing" On 15/05/10 3:43 AM, in article 59bb8790.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "numeracy@officeformac.com" <numeracy@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Ope...

How many sheets can I have in a spreadsheet
I need to have 93 sheets in a spreadsheet to update the first page. Can I have that many? Sure. I currently have a workbook (not mine!) that has over 300 sheets, tho I would never recommend that many! ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Viviank" <Viviank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80B7E6C0-F1E5-4E08-BD1F-170161DB2ED7@microsoft.com... >I need to have 93 sheets in a spreadsheet to update the first page. Can I > have that many? ...

Unable to delete the Dead Domain controller
Dear, Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers in the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo roles but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e mppkw-database) and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the domain and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :- matadata cleanup select operation target: list domains Found 1 domain(s) 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com select operation target: select domain 0 No current site Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com No current server N...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

How to Activate "Show all" in a Protected Shared Workbook
Hi, I created a protected and shared workbook in Excel 2003 ,the default Filter Option is "Auto Filter" how can I use the "Show All" in Filtering.? even I unchecked the "Filter Settings" in "Tools-> Share Workbook -> Advanced -> Include Personal View " but it did not work. Thanks. You can't. If the workbook were not shared, then you could create your own macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the showall and reprotects the worksheet. But with the workbook shared, you can't change the protection of a shee...

Password protected sheet access
I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. How do I access this sheet? Ps: the "read only" option is not available. Thanks, Rivane. Hi Rivane Is this the password for opening the file, or the one for unlocking locked cells in the already open sheet ? Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Rivane Cardim" <rivane.cardim@exxonmobil.com> wrote in message news:0a8801c35dae$a03275a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. > How do I access this sheet? > > Ps: the "read only...

Protecting a Worksheet
Does anybody know how to protect a workbook so that a user CANNOT unhide a sheet, CANNOT add rows to the viewable sheet, CANNOT alter locked cells, but CAN add text to a comments column which will expand and Wrap text as the comments increase in size? I understand how to protect/unprotect locked cells, but I cannot find the right combination for the above functionality. Is it even possible? Any help is greatly appreciated. Jeff When a _Workbook_ is protected (Tools, Protection, Protect Workbook, Structure) sheets cannot be unhidden. When a _Worksheet_ is protected locked cells ca...

Excel Sheet Protection
I am trying to protect a spreadsheet from any editing, while allowing the user to use the autofilter and sorting function. I tried checking the "Use AutoFilter" and "Sort" checkboxes in the Protect Sheet dialog box to protect the document. It does allow you to filter records based on selecting a value from the drop down list box of the autofilter, but it does not allow me to sort. Please help! If you have locked cells that are in the range to sort, then checking that box in the tools|Protection|protect sheet dialog won't work for you. You may want to provid...

Deleting mail in Outlook 2002
I have Outlook 2002 on a computer that has Office XP (I don't know i that makes a difference). When I delete e-mail instead of going to th recycle bin it puts a line through the mail and then I have to purge i to get rid of it. It takes a VERY long time to purge. How can I mak the deleted mail go directly to the recycle bin instead of just puttin a line through it? (I tried dragging it there but it still just puts line through it) ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelF...

protect a protected worksheet
I have got one Excel sheet which is password protected some of the users know the password , i dont want to allow these users to change some of the columns of the work sheet..but it should be open for me.. Maybe look into just protecting the cells that you do not want to be edited by anyone else. Password protecting a worksheet is scary since if it gets lost or forgotten it is a bear to get it unprotected. You can make the document read only also. Just some ideas. "darshan" wrote: > I have got one Excel sheet which is password protected some of the users know > the pas...

Delete Select Targets
I have a massive sheet that I have to delete spacific entries on. Here is an example of what I'm looking at: Code: -------------------- AU332 AU33209 0 1 AA h u AU33210 1 1 AB h u AU33211 AD N i AU334 AU33401 AA n i AU33402 1 1 AB n j AU33403 AN j o AU33404 0 1 AN j k -------------------- What I need to do is copy the first column which is a family. Then I have to select one of each of the 0,1 (or 1,0) and a 1,1 subject. I need to get the whole row. If I can delete the odd stuff that has nothing where 1's and 0's are that would w...

Help! I accidentally deleted a payment for invoice
I'm fairly new to Money, using 2006 Small Business, and in haste I accidentally deleted a payment for invoice deposit in an account register. I haven't found a way to get it back. Is there any way? I don't want to mess it up more, but I wonder if I should delete and re-enter the entire invoice? Thanks for your help, Helena In microsoft.public.money, MarlinPress Manager wrote: >I'm fairly new to Money, using 2006 Small Business, and in haste I >accidentally deleted a payment for invoice deposit in an account register. I >haven't found a way to get it bac...

SpreadSheet control
Shalom, I am trying to put a spreadsheet control in my CView, which is working fine. And now I have desire to fill it with Excel file source. What I am doing/using is as follows: char* pszFileName = "c:\\Test.xls"; CFile theFile; theFile.Open(pszFileName, CFile::modeReadWrite); m_Sheet.Create( "Test", WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|LVS_ICON|LVS_OWNERDATA, CRect(10, 10, 20, 20), this, 2, &theFile ); m_Sheet.ShowWindow(SW_SHOW) ; m_Sheet.SetWindowPos(this, 0, 0, 500, 500, SWP_SHOWWINDOW); m_Sheet.Refresh(); But still the Active sheet/ranges are empty! Me unable to figure out th...