How do YOU organize the Excel projects? #2

I am not a pro in the programming, but I wrote several macros/programs doing
various stuff over the years. Some of the rutines I use for future
reference. All of them are in the Module1, Module2.....Module35.
If I want to find some of the projects I have to go through 30 modules to
find the right one.
How do pros take care of it?
Thanks.

You may assign names to your modules. In the VB Editor, select the module
and choose View>Properties>select the name that says Module1 and change it
as desired.
--
Greeting from the Gulf Coast!
http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays
"art" <art_kruYYY@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am not a pro in the programming, but I wrote several macros/programs
doing
> various stuff over the years. Some of the rutines I use for future
> reference. All of them are in the Module1, Module2.....Module35.
> If I want to find some of the projects I have to go through 30 modules to
> find the right one.
> How do pros take care of it?
> Thanks.

0
twodays (259)

Excel VBA Q
I have 2 columns in a file - 1. Project numbers 2. Plan id If there is no project no. then I want to take the plan id and assign it to the project no. I have done this with formula: IF(C12="",A12&1) - The last number "1" - I want to increment it for all the lines for a particular group that do not have project nos. So for Group 1 that has 10 items in Plan and of them 6 have Project ids - I would like to have the Planids but with 1 at the end and then 2 at the end and so forth till 4 at end. SBUBBD1, SBUBBD2, SBUBBD3, SBUBBD4 I would like to do it through ...

Adding a value using external formula #2
Basically I want a formula to just add the value of one cell and plac it in another. This will then be added to whatever value is already i the cell that you are adding data into. I completely understand that this might seem pointless, but there ar literally hundreds of cases where I'd have to change formulas. Firstl I'm really not willing to do this, but also as this is for a shedulin system there will be a new worksheet each week. If I can use this sor of thing to use a reference from just one sheet and add it to eac sheet as it goes, instead of adding the same data every single ti...

Project Workspaces WEBDAV
Many of our users have found that they can map network drives to their project workspaces. The issue is that they frequently see the various .ASPX pages even though they are hidden files. Does anyone know of a way to hide these files from view so the users do not inadvertently delete them? ...

Show external organizations within an organizations
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to show external organizations like courier services (who perform daily delivery services and are part and parcel of daily processes in an organization) in an organizational chart? Thanks for your support. Regards. -- akk ...

Adding up scores in Excel
I have a series of 25 items which people have scored 1=best, 10=worst etc. I want to find the most popular item, and have entered the following formula against F2: =IF(B2=0,0,25-B2) The idea being that if there is no vote, then the score should be 0, but if there is a vote then the score should 25-(the vote) So if someone has voted an item 1, which is the top vote, then it should get a score of 24, 2 gets a score of 23, 3 gets a score of 22 etc, but items with no vote still get a score of 0. The problem is when I enter this formula I get #VALUE! because it doesn't like the 25-B2 ...

HOW TO MAKE A ROTA IN EXCEL
Im looking to design a simple rota in excel. It will contain 12 names in it and will contain 5 poistions to be covered on a weekly basis. > Im looking to design a simple rota in excel. It will contain 12 names > in it and will contain 5 positions to be covered on a weekly basis. One way is illustrated by the CSV file below. (The first line is 85 characters long, and might get split by the newsgroup software.) ===== cut here ===== ,"=DATE(2005,10,1)",=B1+7,=C1+7,=D1+7,=E1+7,=F1+7,=G1+7,=H1+7,=I1+7,=J1+7,= K1+7,=L1+7 Prep,Les,Jan,Jo,Moe,Lee,Al,Kim,Ed,Bee,Sy,Mia,Ted Clea...

Sorting Multiple Columns in Excel 2003
I have this: 1 4 3 5 8 6 I want this: 1 3 4 5 6 8 Any Ideas? This is in Excel 2003. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF DataGrid Custom Paging and Sorting http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8a2ea78b-f1e3-45b4-93ef-32b2d802ae17/wpf-datagrid-custom-pagin.aspx To clarify: I have two colums. Each has some blanks and some numbers. I want the two colums sorted ascending taking into consideration the numbers in both and relative to both. Jason Perilla wrote: Sorting Multiple Columns in Excel 2003 29-Sep-09 I have this: 1 ...

Excel Macros #14
Hi, i would like to back up all my macros i have about 30 of them, i would want to back them up to my drive on the network but i cannot find where they are located. are they in a folder where i can just copy paste? If you've recorded them and saved them in your Personal workbook: Go to Window|Unhide & unhide Personal.xls Do a File| Save as and you'll see where to find it. "costin" wrote: > Hi, > > i would like to back up all my macros i have about 30 of them, i would want > to back them up to my drive on the network but i cannot find where they ar...

Public Calendar, Meeting Owner/Organizer
I have searched and searched for an answer to this question, and hopefully even if the answer is "no" somebody will answer. My question is, is there any way to see who created or is the owner of a particular meeting in a Public Folder/Shared Calendar? Thank you. if you change the view on the calendar to "by category", and make sure the "from" field is there, you should be able to tell who made an entry... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Christine Lisi" <ChristineLisi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DA4B3D5-ED9D-4715-BC3E-0620B...

Optimization project
Dear all, I am a novice to the solver function and would be very appreciative if someone would be able to offer me a solution utilizing solver. I need to find what is the optimal product mix of the following computer items given their respective prices, per unit: P3 450 $27.00 P3 500 $30.00 P3 533 $31.98 P3 550 $33.00 P3 600 $36.00 P3 650 $39.00 P3 667 $40.02 P3 700 $52.50 P3 733 $54.98 P3 850 $63.75 P3 866 $64.95 P3 933 $69.98 P3 1000 $75.00 P4 1.8 GHZ $410.00 P4 1.8 GHZ $420.00 P4-M 1.6 GHZ $425.00 P4 1.8 GHZ $425.00 P4/DVD 1.8 GHZ $430.00 P4/DVD 1.8 ...

excel front end to access
Is there a way to use Excel as a front end to Access? I mean via a dynamic link similar to a linked table in Access rather than a simple import. I want to be able to have multiple users in multiple Excel workbooks change data in a worksheet and have the data updated in a single Access table. I know there are ways to use Excel as a front end to generate reports and even to modify, add, delete data from an Access table. But I don't think there's a dynamic way of doing the update. I believe any updating would require running a macro. I've toyed with this somewhat successfully u...

spell check #2
I have spell check as an option but it is greyed out and I can not use it. >-----Original Message----- >I have spell check as an option but it is greyed out and >I can not use it. >. > This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.pub...

How to embed Word document into Excel and retain sizing, formatti.
I am using the Paste Special>Word Document to embed my word 2000 document onto my Excel 2000 spreadsheet. The word document will be used for descriptions of exceptions to the specifications in my bids. Our sales assistant will copy the text from my embedded word document and past it into her Sales Proposal document. The problem I have encountered is this: When I double click on the embedded word document so I can edit the document and add text the document formatting changes. The size of the document shrinks to a document that is smaller than the underlying spreadsheet and a bold li...

organizer
What hand held or pocket organizer syncs most easily with Outlook 2000 Thanks I think it really depends on the software you're using for the sync. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/olpda.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:F6BF3A5E-AD09-420B-8081-C9B26AB4C17D@microsoft.com, scorpiotwins wrote: > What hand held or pocket organizer syncs most easily with Outlook > 2000? Thanks ...

Commodities #2
I would like to record in mu Portfolio Manager the commodities' price as Crude Oil (NYM: CLH09.NYM) or Natural Gas (NYM: NGH09.NYM). Is it possible? Thanks ...

Opening an excel file on another computer changes the setup on fil
Opening an excel file from a diskette that was created on a different computer changes the setup on file. How can I prevent that from happening? I created file on desktop and open it on laptop, all of my margins, column widths are changed. I'm using on both computers Win XP and Excel 2003. Any ideas? Thanks! Viv Maybe it's not excel's fault. If you both use different printers (or different printer drivers), maybe excel is doing its best to make sure the page layout is as close as it can be. Viviana wrote: > > Opening an excel file from a diskette that was cr...

excel #95
I cant open my calculators in excel, prompting for for disc of Microsoft Office XP Professional with front page. it has not asked this before, is there something I need to update? Hi it could be that you have installed another program and Office now needs to re-install some modules/dlls. What happens if you insert your original Office CD? "Help123" wrote: > I cant open my calculators in excel, prompting for for disc of Microsoft > Office XP Professional with front page. it has not asked this before, is > there something I need to update? ...

Outlook Journal Links to Word or Excel Files
I would appreciate any help to link Word or Excel files to the Activities tab in Outlook Contacts. Thank you. ...

totals #2
I've a workbook with 1 project management sheet and several sheets wit testdata. The project management sheet I use for instance to show tota figures. For example. I want to make totals for sheet1!A1 + sheet2!A1 sheet3!A1. As you see the position of the cells remanes the same. Eas you say....but what I don't know is: how many sheets shall I have, an I don't want to adapt everytime my formulas after adding a sheet I there a possibility to say take all the sheets where the name of th sheet begins with xxx and make a sum of cell A1? thanks in advance. davi -- daol --------------...

clipart organizer
I have one computer that automatically searches the web for clipart that matches the search criteria. I have two others that do not, and I would like them too. This is fairly important as a lot is done in Publisher. Does anyone have an idea of where or how to tell Publisher to check the net for clipart each time I search? Which is the version of Publisher? If it's 2003 then it automatically searches the web (Or you will have to select the web collections) "Em" wrote: > I have one computer that automatically searches the web for clipart that > matches the search ...

Executing of excel Macros.
Hello All, Is it possible to store a excel macro in a Server or in an application and then is it possible to execute that in the client machines? basically if i change the code in the excel macro, instead of deploying to all the clients in can as well updte the server side and then run it from there., Best Regards Karthik -- KarthikK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KarthikK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24663 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382407 You could cr...

How can I link information between 2 Excel files?
In my business- I type many proposals in a day to my customers. I have the proposal form as well as my address book saved as Excel files. Is there a way to link my address book to my proposal so information such as address, phone #, and etc are automatically imput? Easily accomplished. Enter a formula in the desired cells on your proposal that reads like this: ='[AddressBook.xls]Sheet1'!$B$3 Do this for each field and make sure to include the full path name to your address book xls file. (ie: c:\Microsoft\Excel\AddressBook.xls) in the formula. -- Regards... "Sarahbkel...

sorting text in 2 columns by likeness
I have 2 columns of text with number values associated with them. Amy 21 Amanda 12 Bill 12 Amy 18 Chris 32 Bill 23 Kathy 8 Chris 12 Kim 15 Curtis 32 Todd 23 Katrhy 21 Todd 5 I need to be able to sort these like this Amanda 12 Amy 21 Amy 18 Bill 12 Bill 23 Chris 32 Chris ...

after creating macro button, closed excel then restarted excel. b.
I created the macro button on the toolbar. created the macro then assigned it to that button and changed the button image and text. I've done this countless times with no problems but now something is different. It created fine and everything worked after testing it out BUT once i closed out excel and restarted it just briefly i see the button then it disappears. I've done it several times, each time i put it into a different toolbar. Makes no difference wher i put it. It still disappears and i have to create it al over again. I can't leave excel open forever so i won't ...

Error in Excel #2
I try to convert some decimal number to hex number in specific way. 430.00000 -> 39c0 430.01250 -> 39c1 430.02500 -> 39c2 ..... 470.00000 ->4640 For that purpose I fill column A starting with 430.00000 to 470.00000, step 0.0125. There is onlu 45 excact number !!!! Row 45 has value 430.5375 and row 46 - 430.549999999999. Converted, value of 430.00000 has hex value 39c0, 430.5375 = 39eb and next value 430.549999999999 - has the same value - 39eb I know that it's easy to fix this bug for my purpose but I also think that I must have confidence to excel calculations. It's si...