How do you keep a 3-digit number starting with a "0" (ie. 058)

How do you keep a 3-digit number starting with a "0" (ie. 058)?
0
Jason4159 (666)

Use a custom number format of 000.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you keep a 3-digit number starting with a "0" (ie. 058)?

0
chip1 (1821)
12/5/2004 9:17:54 PM
Hi
format the cell with the custom format

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> How do you keep a 3-digit number starting with a "0" (ie. 058)?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/5/2004 9:20:21 PM
On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 13:15:08 -0800, "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>How do you keep a 3-digit number starting with a "0" (ie. 058)?

Several methods:

1.  Enter it as TEXT:  '058  (note the initial apostrophe).
2.  Format/Cells/Number Custom  Type: 000
3.  =TEXT(A1,"000")
4.  First format the cell as TEXT, then enter 058

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
12/5/2004 9:39:20 PM
If the numbers are actually TEXT and you don't intend to do any math on
them(like part numbers for instance), just format the cells for TEXT or use
a leading apostrophe when entering them.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you keep a 3-digit number starting with a "0" (ie. 058)?

0
croberts (1377)

Problem with Sleep(); function in VC++ 6.0
For some reason when I use the code Sleep(1); which is supposed to be 1 millisecond I am seeing a delay of 10ms. Any ideas?? I need a delay of about 1-1.5 ms. Thanks >For some reason when I use the code Sleep(1); which is supposed to be 1 >millisecond I am seeing a delay of 10ms. >Any ideas?? That's to be expected with Sleep. The docs hint at it... "This function causes a thread to relinquish the remainder of its time slice and become unrunnable for at least the specified number of milliseconds". >I need a delay of about 1-1.5 ms. Windows isn't a real-time...

Dynamics GP 9.0
When you install Dynamics GP 9.0 from the CD, in the Insallation Type window you will see Server Option or Client Option. The first option should technically say "Server & Client", not just Server. Needless to say, when you Install Server, it installs Client as well. Thanks Girish ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

CRM 3.0 Client Install Error
Trying to install the desktop version of the CRM 3.0 Outlook Client. It fails saying it cannot find the log file. Any solutions? No one else had this problem during installation. Ken ...

Version 9.0 install problem
I'm receiving the following error when I install version 9.0: Unhandled script exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'DYNAMICS.dbo.hrSysDoesHrSysExist' When I try to log in as Administrator, I get a message that the database has not been setup properly, or something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Chris, Is this an install of a new workstation to be attached to an existing GP database? If so, you will need to include Human Resources as part of the additional products during the intallation. If this is a totall...

Money stopped starting (2003 Deluxe)
For about 1 year now I've been happily using Money 2003 Deluxe without problems. However, last night when I came to rec. my bank statements etc I couldn't launch money. It starts up, I get a splash screen, a bit of the "music" and then it exits. No warning messages, nothing, it just dies. I've installed bugtoaster to try to trap any error, but that doesn't spot anything. I can't open either the sample.mny file or any other money file - the application just won't start. I've tried booting into safe mode and firing it up that way, but still no joy (nor...

Numbering in a cell 03-26-10
Hi, I added numbered items in each cell in a column. Whenever I number a list of items a cell some spaces are put before the numbered items automatically. I don't need these spaces for the numbered items in the cells in this purticular column. How can I do this? Thanks, MAnu Maanu, If you are running Word 2007, with your numbered list selected, click the Paragraph formatting caret. Then change the spacing from the default of "Multiple" to "Single" and the "After 10 points" to "After 0" (zero). HTH, David "Maa...

SQL 2005 Express configuration for RMS 2.0
I found this to be VERY helpful and today was the first time that I'd seen it... We have been having problems with some of our stores throwing errors in RMS and wanted to make sure that SQL was at least configured correctly, so here's what they have to say about that: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb$en-us$932078&wa=wsignin1.0 ...

Preventing NULL showing as 0 on a pivot chart using Office Web Component.
Hi, Does anyone know how to prevent the null showing as 0 on a pivot chart? My reports contains forcast and YTD(year to date) trend lines. The YTD for future months are null and the nulls show as 0 on a pivot chart which we don't want. Is there a way to prevent this? If the same data were charted on Excel, Excel will not plot the null on pivot chart(that's what we want). Thanks in advance for your help. Excel has no null. Presumably you have formulas that either return 0 or "". You can either delete the formulas until they are needed, or have them return #N/A to get th...

Office '04 11.3.8 Update Problem
When I try to install the update for 11.3.8 I get a message saying the Installer couldn't locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. the Read Me thing is a little confusing when I read it. why is this happening? How can I get it to stall the updates? thanks! Do you have 11.3.7 installed? This version is required for the 11.3.8 update; if you haven't installed that one yet, simply run Microsoft AutoUpdate (in your Applications folder) a couple of times to get all the updates you need. On 07/03/08 5:37, in article ee9012f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, &q...

A User Cannot Log onto to MSCRM 3.0
Hi All, I have a confounding error with MSCRM 3.0. I am quite new to MSCRM, but have taken some training classes recently so I'm not coming from a place of total ignorance, but my "real world" experience is limited at best. :) Anyway, I have two users which report they cannot log in to the web client. They get the generic error message that says they must be enabled and have a security role. From my class I know that this is true and that they also have to exist in the _UserGroup in the OU we created in AD. I have verified that they are enabled in MSCRM, they have not one, b...

Outlook 2003 Will Not Close #3
There are two issues at hand. Ever since I have installed Office 2003 and have been using Outlook 2K3, when set to "hide when minimized", I can not double click the sys. tray icon to open outlook. I must click the outlook shortcut on my quickstart bar. When I close outlook when it is set to this feature, it closes but the icon and outlook.exe is still resident in processes. Somtimes when outlook is not set to "hide when minimized" it still does this. I have read that SYNC and AV and other addins and utilities cause this. Its not true. I have SYNC and AV sof...

Install MS CRM 3.0 Rollup 3
Hi, we have MS CRM 3.0 environment where the databases are on a SQL 2005 Cluster with a named instance. It was no cluster before, then we migrated the databases to the Cluster. Now I'm trying to install the Rollup 3 on the CRM Server I got an error 'Error updating the database'. When running the CRM Diagnosis I got the error 'MachineName value SERVER\INSTANCENAME is invalid.' I know that MS CRM 3.0 does not support Named instances, but it needed to be installed as a named instance. Any ideas on this error? Thanks a lot. I really need help, no ideas? Thank you, Danie...

Organizer 6.0 to Outlook 2003 #2
Any suggestions on how to make this conversions? -- Maureen McQuade Innkeeper/Owner Inn by the Sea www.innbythesea.com 207-776-8989 you should be able to just export to something like CSV or XLS ? then import ? N "Maureen McQuade" <mmcquade@maine.rr.com> wrote in message news:hFkIb.92507$UY6.68702@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > Any suggestions on how to make this conversions? > > -- > > > > Maureen McQuade > Innkeeper/Owner > Inn by the Sea > www.innbythesea.com > 207-776-8989 > > ...

Need to send an email to 50 users & have them pick 1 of 3 mtgs
I have read the responses to similar questions like this but I still can't figure it out. Can someone provide step-by-step instructions for this? I followed one of the links that was provided in an earlier message thread (http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/pickmeeting.htm), but if I follow these instructions exactly as they are written, I would be sending TWO different emails to my 50 employees. This makes no sense, so I must be reading it wrong or misunderstanding. I would really appreciate some help on this (at the 1st grade level)! Here's what I've done so f...

CRM 3.0 Adding Subforms
I work for a company whichmanufactures capital equipment (continuous casting machinery) I am slowly moving all our data from our access database. Basic contact and sales information working extremely well. Against the basic account information we store details of each machine installation. There may be up to 10. This includes details such as machine type, serial number, date installed, awarrnty period, products cast etc. In access this done by using a subform so the user can scroll through each installation. How do I recreate this in CRM. Something like the products structure would w...

Connector 2002/3 Outlook 2003 Local Notes nsf file
I am trying to keep Outlook alive in a Domino/Notes world! Two user I look after have Connector, one works perfectly the other has regular problems let me explain. Both run on identical notebooks with Windows XP Pro SP2 with Outlook 2003. The client who has problems has very large pst file (uses Outlook as a very good filing system) I thought it might be a size problem so have two pst's now - one large one (400Mb) for all the filing and the other (30Mb) for inbox/outbox. This client also has Lotus Notes (Version 6.5) on the Notebook. Lotus Notes works fine and is configured to do bac...

Word 2007 -- numbered table text style keeps losing style details
I created a numbered table text style with an indent of .00" and a hanging indent of .25", Left justification. I clicked the box to update all documents using this template and saved the document. Word asks me if I want to save the template changes and I do. Then, the next time I enter the document, the style has an indent of .3". I can change the style and save it, but every time I open the document, the style has changed again. How do I resolve this problem? "DownSouthLeftie" <DownSouthLeftie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

GP 9.0 and CRM Integration
Does anyone has information on whether the CRM Integration for CRM 1.2 will work for GP 9.0? We are currently using the integration and deciding whether to upgrade to GP 9.0, but need to know the status on the integration platform. Also any latest information on the Integration for CRM 3.0 with GP 8.0/9.0? ...

Upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 & changing physicall servers
Hello! I have question regarding physicall server change when upgrading CRM from 3.0 to 4.0? Does change of physicall server change situation with upgrade if I want all data to be also in new CRM? Thank you in advance for help. Is your new physical server going to be 32 bits or 64 bits OS? Review the following link for ideas: http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A2586C4AB938C065!310.entry Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Liega Buracevska" wrote: > Hello! > I have question regarding physicall server change when upgradi...

CRM 4.0 customize Activity Created Date
cannot select date and time, format is greyed out and displays date only. How can I get it to take both? I've even tried exporting to XML, and re-importing but to no success. Hi, Can you please elaborate on you questions, are you trying to set value to the Created On Date on the activity? If you, you can't set the created on time, this is a system field set by the CRM system. Darren Liu,Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On May 22, 10:15 am, Magic23 <carlroyk...@gmail.com> wrote: > cannot select date and time, format is greyed out ...

401.3 error message
I'm having troubles with some users when they try to access CRM 3.0 by the web interface or Outlook client. The difference between the different users is the members group they belong to. The ones that belong to the administrator group doesn't have any problem but, the ones belonging to the domain users gruop can't get access. When they try to log in, CRM asks for user and pass 3 times and then, the "Not Authorized" access shows up. The error number is 401.3. Does anybody have any idea why??? Thanks a lot, Veronica veronica@commonsenseadvisory.com Hi Veronica, I...

DGP 8.0--understanding the GL objects in Integration Manager
Hi. Can anyone provide a bit of an explanation as to the meaning of the GL objects in the Destination adapters (SQL Opt 8.0)? I need to create an integration using these objects, but I'm not a DGP user. I'd like to know what the fields are, which fields are required fields, and if there are any data relationships between the GL Account object fields and the GL Transaction object fields. -- Thanks! QT This is a fairly broad question. Too much to explain, and since you are not a GP user, you willhave qustion on that too. Please read the manual. HS -- www.DynExtra.com A res...

Money 2002 won't start
I had the same problem with money 2002 and after reading all the post I handled it with a system restore. Easier than uninstall and reinstall. Opened right up. ...

Excel 2003
This has me cofused to no end. I have two tables each with account numbers. In one table they are shown with a dash (123-456789), in the other, with nodash (123456789). Several of the account numbers actually have an alpha character (X04456789 / X04-456789). I have tried just about everything to get a good compare to no avail. Is there a surefire way to do a comparison? I can get the alpha-numeric nember to match but none of the others. Craig How do you want to compare them? 123456789 = numeric number 123-456789 = text string You can virtually "edit out" the dash but then you...