how do you get rid of the default background of "page 1" in excel

It doesn't give you the option of delete background to clear the default.
I tried to add a blank background and that didn't work either; the "page 1"
stays on the excel sheet.  It blocks view of numbers  on the sheet and is
very frustrating!!
0
Querty (1)

View|Normal

It's a feature of View|Page break preview

--

Dave Peterson
0

Click on print preview and then click normal view, 'page 1' will n
longer be showing

--
MaxBri
MaxBrit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=746

In the "View" on the menu bar, select "Normal" if "Page Break Previw"
is selected. That should remove the "Page 1" background.

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 07:01:08 -0700, Querty
<Querty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It doesn't give you the option of delete background to clear the default.
>I tried to add a blank background and that didn't work either; the "page 1"
>stays on the excel sheet.  It blocks view of numbers  on the sheet and is
>very frustrating!!

header/footer "page 1 of 'x' pages"
I would like to add a header or footer to my Excel worksheet printout that needs to shows consecutive page numbers plus the total number of pages on each page. Such as page 1 of 12 pages, page 2 of 12 pages, page 3 of 12 pages, etc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

Page 1 Flashing; But Page 2 is OK
Someone just sent be a two-page-legal size brochure in Publiser 2003. I too use Publisher 2003. As I open it Page 1 begins FLASHING!! (refreshing) every 1/2 second.... when I click on tab 2 - it is OK, still as should be./// I tried clicking several things to stop the randon screen-updating (craziness) but no joy. What possibly could be happening and what can I do to fix? TIA, JMMay What happens if you select view, pictures, no or fast resize and zoom? How to troubleshoot video issues in Office programs http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907349/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.m...

Internet Mail Wizard... page 115 MS document
On page 115 of the Exhange 2003 Server Admin guide it states -Using a wizard to configure Internet Mail Delivery: Internet Mail Wizard is inteded primarily for small and medium compies with less complex enviroments than large companies..... HOW THE HECK TO I ACCESS THE WIZARD. Good call on that one, I thought I was just lost! Let me know if you find it... "sick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE0F12D6-C05E-42FA-8B4F-F22B77ECB14A@microsoft.com... > On page 115 of the Exhange 2003 Server Admin guide it states > > -Using a wizard to co...

Printing Page 1/2 and 7/8 of Article
How do I print page 1&2 and 7&8 of a booklet. I had to make some changes to the first page so I need to reprint the pages. Print,tick pages from: 1 to: 2, click no. This is for a duplex unit. To print 1+8, click current page, click no. Turn the page over. On the menu, view, clear two-page spread, go to page 2, print current page, click no. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Angie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32a401c4aba2$0af0c760$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How ...

How do I e-mail only part (page 1) and not other pages on the sam.
A single worksheet may contain many pages. How do I e-mail just one of these pages and not the whole worksheet David H Hi David You can mail a selection or range Look for a example on my SendMail page http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "David H" <DavidH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85AC80F5-1CEF-41C7-8C34-BFEE3955867D@microsoft.com... >A single worksheet may contain many pages. How do I e-mail just one of these > pages and not the whole worksheet > David H ...

Page Numbering (ie Page 1 of 3)
Does anyone know how to set up the above or if it's possible in Excel I know how to show "page 1" and "page 2", but I'd like to show how many pages total are in a document. Hi AZMichelle There is a option in the Page Setup (Headers Footers) <Page1 of ?> I don't know if this option is in all the Excel versions?? With a macro you can do this Sub test() On Error Resume Next With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .CenterFooter = "&8Page &8&P & of &N" End With End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL...

Page 1 of N
Hi Guys, I haven't been able to figure out how to insert "page 1 of N" in the footer of a publisher document. I can insert Page Number without and problems, but how do insert "Number of Pages" You do it on a Master Page. View | Master Page will take you there. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "James" <James@work.com> wrote in message news:ePnWOnH$KHA.5292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys, > > I haven't been able to figure out how to insert "page 1 of N"...

How do I change "PAGE 1" characteristics in page break?
The page break generates the "PAGE 1, PAGE 2", ect., as big, grey letters in the middle of the page. How can I change the look and placement of them. I find it hard to read what I've typed when the "PAGE 1" letters and numbers appear over the text. Hi d- What you are referring to only appears when you are in Page Break Preview. Go to View>Normal for working with your content. HTH |:>) "dmtaurus" wrote: > The page break generates the "PAGE 1, PAGE 2", ect., as big, grey letters in > the middle of the page. How can I change the...

How to number pages in Publisher at page 10 and not p 1 please
I wish to have ten un-numbered pages at the start of my publication with page 11 being page 1. Can I do this please? Go to page 11, Insert, Section, Check begin a section with this page, start at page one. Okay out. Insert page numbers. If you have a two page spread you may have to insert page number on both sides. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Barbara Eek" <Barbara Eek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:564175CF-3FAD-4E6E-A00A-0BA073012D74@microsoft.com... >I wish to have ten un-numbered pages at the start of my publication with page > 11 b...

how do i make a footer in Publisher
I am new to Publisher, but in the other Microsoft software I can show in the footer both the current page number and the total number of pages in the document. Can I do this in Publisher and how do I do it. Thanks Sharyn After you Insert, page numbers. View, Master page, type page # of XXX, (page 1 of 199) -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Sharyn Bir" <Sharyn Bir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF0833E5-35A6-4304-A551-6ABCE7346DF3@microsoft.com... >I am new to Publisher, but in the other Microsoft software I can show in the > footer both t...

How do I format publication design after page 18?
After I hit page 18 I could no longer format the publication design onto the page. Thought it might be considered the back cover but I even tried inserting pages and it still happened. Any suggestions? What formatting are you using? Text? When you setup your project did you use a wizard? What version of Publisher are you using? Have you tried, insert page, duplicate all objects on page XX? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gw" <gw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91BA1FA9-6AA2-44C7-81D...

Go to Page 1
Hi! I have a main form with TabCtl with 10 pages. In this main form I have one combo to choose record. I woul like when click in combo oblige go to Page 1 of this record. Is it possible, please? Thanks in advance. an Hopefully this will help you. http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread615446.html -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "an" wrote: > Hi! > > I have a main form with TabCtl with 10 pages. > In this main form I have one combo to choose record. > I woul like when click in combo oblige go to Page 1 of this record. > Is it possible, please? > Thanks ...

Showing field after page 1
Hello, I have an Access 2003 report that show several fields on the top of the first page (one of thses fields is the WorkOrderID), these fields are in a "WorkOrderID" header. The work order details can span several pages, on the 2nd, 3rd, etc pages I just want to show the WorkOrderID and not the other fields that show on the first page. Can I somehow put the WorkOrderID field in the PageHeader but tell it not to show on the first page? Thanks On Wed, 12 May 2010 14:41:00 -0700, Don wrote: > Hello, I have an Access 2003 report that show several fields on the to...

suppressing header on page 1 only
How do I put the auto page numbering in the header or footer, but suppress it on page one only? In Word, you can start header on page 2 or a new section - how do you do that in Excel? Excel doesn't have that option. You could record a macro in which you print page one, add the header/footer, print the remaining pages, then remove the header/footer. Robyn Roberts wrote: > How do I put the auto page numbering in the header or > footer, but suppress it on page one only? > > In Word, you can start header on page 2 or a new section - > how do you do that in Excel? -- ...

page 1
While trying to adjust columns in excel I ended up with a small window with "Page 1" superimposed in the background. How can I get things back to normal? Hi Jeffrey, To create your problem View, Page Break Preview To fix your problem View, Normal --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm <jeffreyi@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:KAZOf.18307$f6.7009@bignews1.bellsouth.net... > While tryin...

Print Preview Mode
Hi. I LIKE the print preview mode in Excel. I find it easier to read. But the Page 1 bugs me. Has anyone figured out how to turn off the Page 1 without 'simply' changing it to normal view? thanks in advance, beata I don't think it's possible. beata wrote: > > Hi. I LIKE the print preview mode in Excel. I find it easier to read. But > the Page 1 bugs me. > > Has anyone figured out how to turn off the Page 1 without 'simply' changing > it to normal view? > > thanks in advance, > beata -- Dave Peterson ...

How do i get page 1 of 1 in a custom Footer
It's only a simple thing but i don't know how to get page 1 of 1 without typing it in myself can anybody help Thank's Click File > Page Setup > Header/Footer tab > Custom Footer Place the cursor within the desired section (Left - Centre - Right) and then put*:: &[Page] of &[Pages] Click OK > OK *You can also click the 2 buttons next to the "A" button in the Footer dialog to insert the "&[Page]" and the "&[Pages]" parts. The centre part: " of " is keyed-in manually -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103...

"Page #" footer doesn't display the # on Page 1. It only displays "Page"?
"Page #" footer doesn't display the # on Page 1. It only displays "Page"? It works on fine on the following pages, just not the first. Driving me nuts. Does anyone know what I'm dong wrong? Thanks in advance, John. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice SQL Performance Tuning http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8cc771eb-44bc-4808-8ad2-ea33508a48f1/sql-performance-tuning.aspx Is the text box wide enough? -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA <John Gilmore> wrote in message news:2009117113243iam10001@yahoo.com... > > "...

Custom Receipt problem
I have modified the Full Page Invoice from CustomerSource. My receipt is a half-page (5.5 x 8.5) format. I have also added the following to the bottom of 'Bill To & Ship To' part of the header area: <IF> <CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION> <THEN> <ROW>"Reference:|" Transaction.ReferenceNumber </ROW> </THEN> </IF> <IF> <CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION> <THEN> <ROW>"Comment:|" Transaction.Comment </ROW> </THE...

Custom Receipt problem
I'm posting this again because apparently the first message doesn't qualify for my managed newsgroup benefit. ---Original question--- I have modified the Full Page Invoice from CustomerSource. My receipt is a half-page (5.5 x 8.5) format. I have also added the following to the bottom of 'Bill To & Ship To' part of the header area: <IF> <CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION> <THEN> <ROW>"Reference:|" Transaction.ReferenceNumber </ROW> </THEN> </IF> <IF> <CONDITION>Transaction.Typ...

TAB Control
I'm working in Access 2007. When page 2 of a tab control gets the focus, the controls on page 1 are also displayed. Same thing happens on page 3 - Page 1 and 2 controls display. Makes a real mess. This started happening during a time when no changes were made to the DB (at least not by me). Thanks in advance for the help. On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 19:57:00 -0800, baileves <baileves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm working in Access 2007. When page 2 of a tab control gets the focus, the >controls on page 1 are also displayed. Same thing happens on page 3 - Page 1 >...

Numbering pages from page 1 starting on second page
Hi, I'm trying to produce a 4 page A4 document where the first page is a cover sheet WITHOUT page numbers. The second page needs to be numbered page 1 etc. I've tried dupeing and editing the master sheets but then the second page is numbered page 2. Can anyone help an idiot please - I'm sure there must be a way but can I find it? What I've done is create a page with headers and footers inc the page number, added 3 pages and then used master sheet for the last 3 pages and duped and edited to create a master sheet B without the header and footer and applied that to the co...

How do I get rid of that large "PAGE 1" thing in Excel?
I'm trying to delete the large "PAGE 1" background text in an Excel spreadsheet. I used the F1 key, and it was useless. You are in page break view, look under view and select normal -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "shreddaddy" <shreddaddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:856FA9CE-BB49-43CB-BDAC-6C92D30BFEEB@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to delete the large "PAGE 1" background text in an Excel > spreadsheet. > I used the F1 key, and it was useless. Thank you very much. It worked! Nobody else in my office could help me. I...

How do I print one image (say page 1) twice on the same page?
Hello, does anyone know if Excel offer the print option of printing 2up? Meaning, printing the same page twice on one sheet (ie: page 1 printed twice -perhaps landscape, side-by-side, and 50% of course. I have tried and I do not know if Excel is capable of this. Any assistance is appreciated. Hi there I had exactly the same question a few months ago. The simple answer is Excel can't do this easily. So a workaround is required. What I did for my workbook was to add an extra worksheet on which I copied what I wanted to print. I called the worksheet "Double". The worksheet ha...

Printing Tiles have Page 1 ... Page 2 ...
We've received Excel files that take more than one page to print. Each page on the screen (not on the printout) has a numerically-ordered "Page x" as a watermark in the center of the page in 1" tall gray letters. It scrolls up and down with each page, each page having its own page number. These numbers appear to be added by Excel automatically when a file will take several pages to print. They don't show up when it is only one file. How do we get rid of this large watermark text? Thanks! Steve Hi goto 'View - Normal' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt...