How do you display the sheet name in a cell?

How do you display the sheet name in a cell?
0
Gerardo (7)

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))
+1,31)

Workbook must be saved to work.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)
1/18/2005 7:08:57 PM

"Jason Morin" wrote:

> =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))
> +1,31)
>
> Workbook must be saved to work.
>
> HTH
> Jason
> Atlanta, GA

0
Gerardo (7)

Change Brokerage user name and password
How does one change the login information (user name and password) for a brokerage to download info? I have gone around and around a million times and can't find it. I really hate 2007 -- David Schwartz Commack, NY Look up the following Help Topic: Update Money with a changed bank or brokerage password -Mark "David Schwartz" <who4ever@optonline.net> wrote in message news:HHTQh.29$E%2.19@newsfe12.lga... > How does one change the login information (user name and password) for a > brokerage to download info? > I have gone around and around a million times...

Filtering depending on value of a cell
Hi to all, Is it possible to filtration according to a value that is typed in a certain cell? Colomn B contain month names: Jan, Feb, ... until Dec. Is it possible to filltering using VB Code or Macro.. depending on the value that I type in cell C4? After that to print the filtered range starting colomn C until colomn L after hiding colomns F,G,H,I . Colomn headings are in row 6 Yes, you can program the Autofilter. Have a look in the newsgroups here, that kind of question has been answered a lot of times of before. You can reference the value of a cell using: Sheets("nameoftheshee...

Renaming sheet
I would like a macro that will rename a sheet to today's date. I already have the date set in A1 as val(today()) so that it doesn't change once the sheet is copied and viewed another day. Now I would like the macro to name the sheet as the date. Since the program enters the date as 1/19/07 I have been renaming the sheet manually as 1-19-07 since the sheet cannot accept the "/" as part of the name. One way: Public Sub RenameSheetToday() Dim sName As String sName = Format(Date, "m-d-yy") With ActiveSheet On Error Resu...

Dual Displays

Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas
Hi, When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc but one is not able to view the whole big formula. Please guide me. Regards, Hari India Hi try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to navigate within this box. -- Regards Frank ...

Find cell which returned maximum value in formula
-- De De, try this, =CELL("address",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(MAX(A:A),A:A,0))) will show the first one if there are more than one -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A17DFFDA-BE05-463C-B68D-65FE235E6098@microsoft.com... > > -- > De Thanks, Paul, but I found this hard to follow. Excel kept returning that I had disabled macros but yo...

Folder could not be displayed

Dynamic Range Based on Cell Result not Empty Cell
I use dynamic ranges in excel. I use them to name ranges that vary i size due to varyin data. For example, I may dump data in F2 which ma span 3 rows or 100 rows. I use the following formula to name th range: =OFFSET($F$2,0,0,COUNTA($F2:$F65536),1) However, I now want to define the range based on the cell result. Tha is assume that I have a constant formula from F2 to F102. However th cells in the column either have a number in them or a "" in them. Th formula above will automatically size the range to F2:F102 becuas there is a formula in every row. How can i write a formua...

Need Syntax for "AND" to Evaluate 2 Cells
I need to evaluate 2 cells while inside an "Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)". I thought AND would work but I cannot get it to work; I receive a syntax error on the AND(Range... line. Can someone please provide me the proper syntax to evaluate the 2 cells? Here's my code... Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then And(Range("I3") <> "", Range("K4") = "") Then Range("K4") = Range("K3") End...

Message Box On One Sheet Only
I have a large spreadsheet with multiple worksheets in it. When one specific worksheet is selected (it does the calculations used on the other pages) I would like a pop-up text box to appear warning the user not to print it. Is there a relatively easy way to do this given that I can't write VB (though I can follow it in the VB editor)? I have been able to create a pop-up that appears on every page by putting an Auto_Open Msgbox in the ThisWorkbook module, but can't figure out how to get it to work on only one worksheet - is this a syntax probem or can't it be done?. Anoth...

Outlook Name Suggestion Issue
I am working on a strange issue with name suggestion in Outlook 2k3 version. For some users when I type the alias for the first time it resolved the name. The next time I try to type few characters for the same user. it suggests me with the complete name but this time in the brackets <> the alias would be some starnge name with some numbers. This strange alias number does not existing in our organization nor the number that appears along with it appears in the User AD properties. Examples: First time I type the alias as: "nnair" and press Ctrl + K = It resolves...

Word Cells into Excel Cells #2
How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into cells within Excel *.xls. By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simply select table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want it to appear. J "gary" wrote: > How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into > cells within Excel *.xls. > > > jayceejay Wrote: > By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simpl > select > table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want i > to > ap...

In nameing a sheet in Excel it puts a .xls] in front why?
Every time I go to name a sheet it puts an .xls] in front of it and I do not know why Did you try to put brackets around the name? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "EZE" <EZE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9045E70-AD04-4C91-B223-8851A0DFE55D@microsoft.com... > Every time I go to name a sheet it puts an .xls] in front of it and I do not > know why Remove the bracket or other illegal character(s) from the workbook name. In article <C9045E70-AD04-4C91-B223-8851A0DFE55D@microsoft.com>, EZE <EZE@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Display Time in Outlook

How to select & display distinct values

does anyone here actually use names?
hi, i am self learning about excel. i have came across NAMES topic. does anyone here actually use names? when r they usefull? i dont reall see a real need for them, especially in formulas. the only time i use name is for when i name a large block of data, so dont have to re-select the cells all the time. cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There are lot's of uses for named range and named constants etc. See the 2 links below http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/DynamicRanges.htm http://www.ozgrid.com/News/excel-named-ranges.htm#ExcelTips Posted via: http://www.ozgrid....

PK and FK Displayed

making frames in a spread sheet?
Does any one know how to make a spreadsheet in to frames? i tried freeze pane but what i really want is to separate the worksheet into frames like a webpage, so if i scroll down the right side, the left side and the top side won't mvoe... thanks jay I think about the closest you can get is to have two vertically positioned windows side by each. The active window will scroll but inactive will remain stationary. Excel has no "frames" feature like a webpage. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 16 Nov 2006 16:14:35 -0800, jaymai108@gmail.com wrote: >Does any one know how to make...

Can you name points on a chart in excel?
Can you make points in excel show up as a certain name when you scroll over them with the mouse arrow? Hi see: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/chart_hover_label/index%2020 040617.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AP" <AP@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FB0EC939-D8FC-4E3E-BD4C-2D3FE00883C9@microsoft.com... > Can you make points in excel show up as a certain name when you scroll over > them with the mouse arrow? Is there any way of doing it without downloading software? I an not allowed to do this at work. "Frank...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

reading data from Excel Sheet
hi, i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i read it. i don't want to create any DSN thank you, regards, koti You can use the Excel.Application com object -- Satish "Koti" wrote: > hi, > > i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i > read it. i don't want to create any DSN > > thank you, > > regards, > koti > > > ...

Protect sheet #2
Hi, I have a worksheet with checkboxes that are linked to cells. I trie to protect the cells but then I am not able to change between true an false. Is there a way to protect them so the user does not mess up th linkage? Many thanks. Marco ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Can you move them to another worksheet (maybe hidden). Or maybe you could dedicate a column to the links and then just hide that column. They user could still get to those cells, but...

Stop displaying a line