How do you cross reference different speadsheets?

I wanted to know how to cross reference 2 different speadsheets to look for
similar or matching information.
0
Shae (9)

basically the formual would look like ='[workbook name.xls]spredsheet'!then
the on the sheet you are looking for with $in front of the letter and $in
front of the number

i.e. ='[Test 2006 Report .xls]Test 1'!$A$42

"Shae" wrote:

> I wanted to know how to cross reference 2 different speadsheets to look for
> similar or matching information.
0
chippyp (9)

References and Citations
I have microsoft home and student, and my Manage Sources, Style and Bibliography are all shaded grey and i cant use them! I have to work cite my paper due in two days but i cant insert a citation!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!! ...

Customer Cross Reference
2nd Request - Posted a few Months Ago, No Reply --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Has anyone out there used the Customer Part Number Cross Ref v8.0? I loaded a customer list the other day. When I entered the Customer Number on the Sales Order, it was instantly converted over to our number. Worked Great... I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically reference the original Customer Number on the Packing List and/Or Invoice or is that something that needs to be manually typed in. I tried adding notes, but I don't know if they carry down...

How can I merge different lists in Excel?
I have a number of mailing lists that were originally created using Excel. I need to merge them into one list, but each list has different functions for each column... how can I merge these lists or if all else fails, can I somehow create another merged list in Word? Help... can't seem to get the instructions through to my muddled brain so the Help section is not working for me. "Nancie" <Nancie @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14F59BFC-0104-4E13-8E4F-3EB7D8FBBB22@microsoft.com... >I have a number of mailing lists that were originally created usi...

Creating Cross-Project Links
Hi 1). What is the usage of Creating Cross-Project Links ? As I understand, "Cross-project links are useful when two or more projects have only a few tasks that affect one another. For example, a milestone within a development project might trigger a task in an advertising campaign project." 2). How it is implemented in Project 2007 ? When I copied the task from the source project into my project ( target project ) using "Paste Special", the new task I created become another task in my target project. My observation is both task ( ie. task in the source...

matching data from different tables with similar columns
HI, I am having some trouble with matching some data and I was wonderin if anybody could help me? I have two tables with the columns "Name" an "Amount", the first table has the column "Names" field but the colum "Amount" empty. I wanted to fill the "Amount" column in the firs table based on the second table, the problem is that the second tabl has many more records than the first. Is there a way to create formula to look up the name on second table and "amount" data on th first table. Thanks for the help. Regards, Marco -- Mes...

No "Move Mailbox" cross site migration
Hi everybody: We have a forest with subdomains, the main domain is AD 2000 and has 1 Cluster Exchange 2003 SP1, 1 Server Exchange 2003 SP1 with ADC SP1 and SRS, and 3 Exchange 5.5 in the same Exchange 5.5 site. We have 8 subdomains in AD2000 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 server with hotfix applied for cross-site in each subdomain, and they had an own site in Exchange 5.5. We are trying to consolidate and move all mailbox and public folders to the Exchange 2003 cluster, we did the domainprep in each subdomain and create a RUS in the Exchange 2003 cluster to each subdomain. When we tried to move cros...

Remove workbook reference but keep worksheet references
Hi, I have 15 workbooks in which the same set of sheets appear (one named for every month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, etc. plus a summary sheet.) On the summary sheet is a column of formulas that reference ALL sheets in the WB. For example: Jan!A1+Feb!A1+Mar!A1... When I try to copy this column from one WB's summary sheet to other workbooks, Excel inserts a workbook reference at the paste location: ['Workbook 1.xls']Jan!A1+['Workbook 1.xls']Feb!A1+['Workbook 1.xls']Mar!A1...... I really don't want that workbook name there, since all WBs contain different data! I ...

2003 versus 2002 Differences
I was looking for a synopsis of the differences/enhancements from the 2002 vers to the 2003 version of Publisher. Any insight or direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks! gschroeder <gschroeder@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I was looking for a synopsis of the differences/enhancements from the > 2002 vers to the 2003 version of Publisher. http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/prodinfo/compare.mspx -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Recommend reviewing http://www.microsoft.com/Office/publisher/prodinfo/faq.mspx David Bartosik - [...

Counting Different Names in A Column... Formula?
Just wanted to know if there is a Formula that can count DIFFEREN names in a Column? eg. There may be more than 1 same name, but I dont want it counted twice: James Edward Max John David James James Lisa Total should = 6 (Since James is 1 person) Is there a formula to solve this type of count? Thanks for any hel on this. -- Mh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3598 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57109 Try this For a list of...

Cross table
Hi everybody !! i come again here with a problem i can seem to solve :s i hope someone will be able to give me a hand on this... here it is : i have a sheet with 2 rows: location and activity. several activities can be found in one location, even several of the same activities. schematic exemple location activity 1 A 1 B 2 A 3 A 3 B 3 C 4 B 4 C I would like to create something that give me as a result a sheet where we can see the spatial relations between the activities. so i would have all...

CButton and CEdit control's size is different between 96 DPI and 120 DPI for the same number of pixels
Hello, I have MFC application using Visual Studio.Net 2003, but the size of the button and edit control is different when I change my screen from 96 DPI to 120 DPI for the same name of pixels, could you tell me the reason and how to fix it? Thanks a lot. Charlie Hoo wrote: > Hello, > > I have MFC application using Visual Studio.Net 2003, but the size of the > button and edit control is different when I change my screen from 96 DPI to > 120 DPI for the same name of pixels, could you tell me the reason and how to > fix it? It is not broken. The DPI setting change...

Seek (ADO) finds same absoluteposition for two different indexes
The function below takes a serial number entered in the "Serach" control and then seeks that value in the data table called "PCM Interfaces (Main Table)". If seek does not return EOF then the absolute position is found and then the form is set to show that record. This function is just a form record locator.The problem is that the same AbsolutePosition (1) is found for records 1 and 2, when their respective serial numbers are searched. So the symptoms are that when serial number 1 is searched it locates record 1. When serial number 2 is searched it locates record 1. When se...

How can I get a macro to opperate from a different sheet
I am tring to set up a macro on sheet 11 that will change values in sheet 13 of my work book. I have set up a button on sheet13 that transfers values from 1 range of cells to another range of cells. Is it posible to have the button work from sheet 11 instead of sheet 13. This is the macro I have for sheet 13. Thanks for your help regards Chris Sub update() ActiveSheet.Range("I20:I23").Copy Range("F20").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub untested, but give it a try Worksheets(11)....

Duplicate Lookup reference was found
I am trying to import related entity data to Contacts in a n:1 relationship. The import has multiple records to be associated with a single contact. I keep getting Duplicate lookup reference was found error using the Import Wizard, even though I select import duplicates. Trying with DMM, it fails with same error. How can I get these mulitple records imported and associated with proper Contacts? On May 3, 2:59=A0am, Ken Compter <KenComp...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to import related entity data to Contacts in a n:1 relationsh= ip. =A0 > The import has...

syntax question
Given the following code (found on this site..) With ActiveSheet.Range("B:B") Set FoundCell = .Find(what:="whatever", _ after:=.Cells(.Cells.Count), _ LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False) End With How do I tell VB to look in Cell H1 for the what:="whatever" ? ie. I want to use the value found in the Cell H1 not the text "whatever" I've tried every co...

Combining duplicates in different queries
Hi, I have two queries with the same Part No. One query is what the dealer ordered and the other is what the dealer told us he sold. How do I make a query that puts the same part no's from the two together and then give me the final quantity of what he has left of those parts? Is this possible thanks, Dustin it's called a union query select firstname from employees union select firstname from customers this would get rid of the duplicates "Dustin" <Dustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87499EDB-A347-4F83-9953-C7D5977A0CB2@microsoft.com......

Different Sales Rep in a POS transaction
Hi Can anybody tell me if I can have different SalesRep for each line of a POS transaction? I understand that SalesRep is at line level. But, if I select different sales rep for the second line, it gets updated to the other line also. I need to have different sales rep for each line. I am using version 2.0.0113 Cursor to (or mouse-click on) the Sales Rep column and type in the Sales Rep's ID number or press F2 to view the list. Shift-F8 changes the Sales Rep for all line items. J.D. Young Digital Retail Solutions www.digitalretailer.com/RMSaddins "Jo" <Jo@discussions....

How to open a document from a different Publisher edition?
I can't properly open a Publisher document I recieved. It appears blank and asks me to choose the setting which displays the document correctly. None work! Generally a file that's created with a different version says that. It doesn't ask you to choose a setting. Specifically what does the error message say? Which version are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Portsider" <Portsider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37010ABB-52DE-4BC8-A152-B1B24DA30D2F@microsoft.com... >I can't properly open a Publisher document I...

add references
Hi! I have created an assembly library called MyClassLib and added a strong key so it has now been copied to the GAC. I have also verified that the MyClassLib is within the GAC. I have also a console app and when I click add References I had assumed that MyClassLib would have been visible in the .NET tab in the add reference dialog but it wasn't. So therefore I had to use the projects tab instead to add MyClassLib to the console app. So my question is what is the criteria on those files that is displayed in the .tab .NET when looking at the add references dialog ? //To...

cross-reference
I created a cross reference in word to a section of my document that has a heading of 'Heading 3' I used Heading for the reference type and for Insert reference to I used Heading Number (Full context). I was expecting to get something like this 4.8.2 but instead I just got 0. is there some setting somewhere that needs to be tweaked? Make sure that numbering is correctly applied to your headings. If you are using Word 2007, you can choose the "1 Heading 1 1.1 Heading 2 1.1.1 Heading 3" format at Home tab | Multilevel List. If you are using Word 2003, see http://www...

Missing Reference
Argh! There was a missing reference, " Microsft DAO2.5/3.5 Compact ..." I unselected it and backed out - now, every date field is filled with today's date and several other fields have gone to the 'dark side'. The $ field shows $0.00 for everyone and another field is blank. I went back into the dialog box and I can't find that reference in the list to reselect it. Thank goodness I experimented using a copy, eh? >-----Original Message----- >Your references are probably messed up. >If any of the selected references have "MISSING:" in front ...

Conflict in Reference Function
Anyone? I have a reference set to MS VBA, MS Access 11 object libary, MS DAO Object Library, MS ActiveX data object, MS Excel 11 object library, and MS Scripting Runtime. At this point everything is working fine. We use "Reflection" to access our cost system. I would like to add this library "Reflection for ReGIS Graphics" or "Reflection for Regis Graphics ActiveX Control 1.0 Type Library" but when I do I get a conflict with one of my modules' "Left()" function. VBA syntax uses left([string],[number char]) but the Reflection &quo...

Refer to sheet name specified in other cell
Referring to cells in other sheets requires sythax: 'sheetname'!cellname. I have the situation in which sheet name is specified in another cell. How can I refer to cell in that sheet? E.g. A1 = "sheet1" A2 = "'A1'!B3" (I would like to refer to cell B3 in sheet1) Is that possible to do? Marko "Marko Pinteric" <marko@pinteric.com> wrote in message news:ajVVd.9824$F6.1952421@news.siol.net... > > Referring to cells in other sheets requires sythax: > 'sheetname'!cellname. I have the situation in which sheet name is >...

cross reference
Greeting all, Hope you experts can help me with following issue. I have 2 order information spreadsheets, the first one has a column which is our product codes, the second one is a reference which has 2 columns map our product codes to customers product codes. Is there any easy way in Excel which can replace our product codes in first excel file with our customer product codes in second excel file? I know I can use Access to do that, just want find out a simple way in Excel. Do I need to write any VB ? Thank you very much in advance!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~...

XL2007: Linked-labels reference is not copied with sheet
Dear group, when I link a chart's text-labels with cells, the formula in the label contains the sheet-name, e.g. =Mysheet!$A$1. In 2003 or below, I could duplicate the sheet inside the workbook by copying it. Now in 2007, the cell-references in the linked labels remain on the old sheet, they are not copied. Is there any better way but copying the sheet into a second workbook, renaming and then moving it back into first workbook? Thanks, Holger. Yeah, they broke this in 2007. It sounds very familiar, I'm sure I've reported it. I don't think there's a better way th...