How do you calculate interest expense on bonds?

Using Excel office on XP.  Issued $1mill of 11% 20 year bonds, issued 4-1-04
and paying interest on a yearly bases on 3-31.  Need to calculate interest
expense for fiscal year ended 9-30-04 assuming a premium of $80,000
amoritized on a streight line bases.
0
Sprout (1)

Hi,

Try having a look at the =PRICE function in help.  If this isn't exactly
what you need then it should point you in the right direction.

HTH,

David Jessop

"Sprout" wrote:

> Using Excel office on XP.  Issued $1mill of 11% 20 year bonds, issued 4-1-04
> and paying interest on a yearly bases on 3-31.  Need to calculate interest
> expense for fiscal year ended 9-30-04 assuming a premium of $80,000
> amoritized on a streight line bases.

How to calculate age of a person?

Income and Expenses #2
Hi guys, I just added Income and Expenses to my home page and I was wondering if there is a way to change the date range. It seems like it does 30 days. There weren't any right click options In microsoft.public.money, Zen wrote: >Hi guys, I just added Income and Expenses to my home page and I was >wondering if there is a way to change the date range. It seems like it does >30 days. > >There weren't any right click options > There is no such customization available. What you can do is to customize a regular report, and add that as a Favorite for easy access...

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Categorizing medical plan expenses
I'm looking for some advice on the best way to handle pre-tax contributions to medical and dental plans? I'd also like to know if there's a good way / place for me to research questions such as this first, without having to post? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Jeff Williamson wrote: >I'm looking for some advice on the best way to handle pre-tax contributions >to medical and dental plans? I'd also like to know if there's a good way / >place for me to research questions such as this first, without having to >post? Now THAT'S a question we don'...

Calculated field options???

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

tenure calculations

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...

A solid "expense" sheet?
Hi there! Do you have a suggestion/solution to setting up a 'solid' expens sheet(s)? Current situation: The expense sheets are used by several people when expenses occu during one month. Due to that I don't want people inserting/deletin rows and for printing purposes, I have created 4 expense sheets with summary on the first sheet. It all works fine, but I would like a better 'solid' solution to thi since it is tedious working with 4 sheets. Any suggestions would kindly be appreciated :-) Regards, Roge -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com i feel that u ...

Inserting date calculations

Aggregate calculations on calculated query fields?
I made a query that uses fields from multiple tables to calculate values for daily metrics. I need to present monthly totals of the data as sums and/or means. The tables are linked by the Date (mm/dd/yyyy) field. I enter ‘between 03/01/2010 and 03/31/2010’ in the criteria for the date field. For the totals I enter ‘group by’ for the date and ‘sum’ or ‘avg’ for the calculated fields. When the query is executed I receive an error that I ‘tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression *** as part of an aggregate function. *** is the calculated field in the...

I need help with a formula calculating time
I have a simple spreadsheet calculating the hours worked by a person, In the columns i have start time, end time and hours worked. The columns are formatted into hh:mm. The hours worked are calculated by subtracting end time from start time, based on 24hour clock. This works fine if the hours are worked on the same day, but if the person starts at 18:00 and finishes at 02:00 the subtraction doesnt work. If however i change the formatting of the cells to dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm this will work as the date helps. But i feel this would be too much info to enter for each person if i have ov...

Perfoming calculations on answers from pervious calculations
Hi all I have a user who is trying to perform a simple divide to a number of data fields, however this data appears in the field due to a larger calculateion. When she tries to put in the devide she get the orriginal calculation in the cell rather than just the answer from it. I've been told its just a setting but i cant find it!!! Any ideas anyone?? Cheers -- Karl "i'll start being nicer when you start being smarter" Hi maybe 'Tools - Options - Calculation' and check 'Automatic calculation ' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Karl E...

Calculation --- What's going on?
Does anyone know how to find out what Excel is doing as it recalculates? I have a large spreadsheet (7+M). When it calculates the completion percentage at the bottom left hand corner pauses at several values (22%, 43%, 92%, ect.) The sheet takes over 30 seconds to recalculate and so far I have not been able to determine why. I thought if I could find out what Excel is recalculating during these pauses it might give me insite as to what's happening. Also, one worksheet in the workbook was copied from another workbook. When I use shift-F9 \, that is the only worksheet that has an...