How do identify a blank cell in a formula

Example:  IF(s69=blank,"Void"....

What I want to say is if a cell, (s69in this example) is blank, enter the
word "Void"

but the above way don't work - I don't know how to enter that in this IF
formula.
0
Barb123 (4)

Barb, here is one way
=IF(ISBLANK(S69),"Void","")
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Barb123" <Barb123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Example:  IF(s69=blank,"Void"....
>
> What I want to say is if a cell, (s69in this example) is blank, enter the
> word "Void"
>
> but the above way don't work - I don't know how to enter that in this IF
> formula.

=IF(S69="",
or
=IF(ISBLANK(S69),

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Barb123 wrote:
> Example:  IF(s69=blank,"Void"....
>
> What I want to say is if a cell, (s69in this example) is blank, enter
> the word "Void"
>
> but the above way don't work - I don't know how to enter that in this
> IF formula.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/6/2004 5:44:21 PM
  =IF(ISBLANK(S69,"Void",...)
  =IF(S69="","Void",...)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:37:09 -0800, "Barb123"
<Barb123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Example:  IF(s69=blank,"Void"....
>
>What I want to say is if a cell, (s69in this example) is blank, enter the
>word "Void"
>
>but the above way don't work - I don't know how to enter that in this IF
>formula.

0
anonymous (74722)

Numbered List with Blank Spaces, etc.
Hi all, I'm making a soundpack config file for an online game, and I was wondering if someone would show me how to create it with Excel. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, so detail would be helpful. :) I have a list of 1024 sound files from a print directory program, e.g.: 1 4psycho4.wav 2 actnow.mp3 3 alad-alright.wav 4 alad-believe.mp3 (I can make it output the file list with or without numbers.) I need to convert this list into this format: 1 sound "sound/misc/ta/4psycho4.wav" 1 text "...

I want to copy a cell (A) to another cell. But, only if I peg (A)
(A) is not a valid cell reference. What does "peg (A)" mean. Use the large piece of white space in the body part of your message to fill in some descriptions please. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 1 May 2008 14:10:11 -0700, Rv <Rv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Query Formula
Can you help with this formula to enter in MS query? Using ODBC t connect to data source but need query data to be restricted to dat range shown in two cells given on worksheet. Eg. A1 = 01/04/04 and A2 20/04/04 Query should only return records with dates 01-20/04/04 Many thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Check Printingon Blank Check Stock
Newby question: Can GP print on blank check stock using an out-of-the-box installation or do you need an additional module/add-on to print checks onto blank check stock. We have GP version 8 installed with Service Pack 3 and we are using SQL Server 2000. Thanks, Nawaz Great Plains won't properly print the MICR numbers at the bottom of the check that indicate the routing and account information. You will have to use an ISV product such as Mekorma MICR. See: http://www.mekorma.com/ There are other products as well. "Nawaz" wrote: > Newby question: Can GP print on bl...

Cells to columns
Hi, Easy I know, but i just can't get. I have a list of names, A1:A100, and i want these to run across the top of my sheet as column titles. i.e. A1:CV1 can any one help. Thanks Craig Select A1:A100 Edit|Copy Select B1 (can't use A1) Edit|paste special|transpose Delete column A if you don't need it. craiglittleperth@aol.com wrote: > > Hi, > > Easy I know, but i just can't get. > > I have a list of names, A1:A100, and i want these to run across the > top of my sheet as column titles. i.e. A1:CV1 > > can any one help. > > Thanks > ...

Sheet name from cell
Hi, Is it possible to assign the sheet a name which is entered in a cell. I know how to do this with VBA but would like to know if this is possibile with the help of formula. Row: A1 has name (Bill). I want that second sheet in the workbook should have the name entered in row A1. thanks, navin It can't be done without VBA. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email address is on the web site) "navin" <navin.narayana@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170285069.554922.159530@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com....

How to copy a cell to another sheet having more than 255 characte.
It is copying only first 255 character.. How to resolve this problem to copy entire cell content ...

Map characters to their relative positions in a cell
I've been using an Excel 2003 macro to loop through text cells in a spreadsheet that is sent to me from another office. My macro loops until column H (formatted as text) is empty; that is ="" (equal to a null string). It's been worked just fine until recently when the macro seems to end prematurely. It returns a normal end but clearly there are additional rows yet to be processed. The row that causes the macro to finish prematurely always contains many clearly visible character comments, sometimes 5-6,000 characters in length. My hunch is that one or more...

IDD identifier range
Is there a predefined range of dialog resource identifiers or can one use any value from 0 to 65535? If a more specific range exists, is it a MFC implied restriction? Thanks! -- Alex >Is there a predefined range of dialog resource identifiers or can one >use any value from 0 to 65535? > >If a more specific range exists, is it a MFC implied restriction? It's an MFC restriction, see "TN020: ID Naming and Numbering Conventions" in your MSDN documentation. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >It's an MFC restriction, see "TN020: ID Naming ...

Blank Document no longer blank
Every time Word opens, words and a picture (that were used at one time) appear as the blank document. I cannot find any place/button/option that will remove the words or picture from the default new document HELP please! See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/blankdocnotblank.htm for tips on how to remove content from the Normal.dot(x) Hope this helps DeanH "AnaMarie" wrote: > Every time Word opens, words and a picture (that were used at one time) > appear as the blank document. I cannot find any place/button/option that will > remove the words or p...

Page shows up in print preview, but prints blank...
I'm trying to print a booklet with graphics on both the front and back covers. The back cover graphics and text appear fine in print preview, but when I send it to the printer, it prints blank. The front cover is fine. Help! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us Have you checked the manufacturer's web page for your model printer? There maybe an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offi...

Blank Records in Catalog Merge
I am printing a directory with the following information: Name Child's Name Phone Number Address The records that do not have an entry under "Child's Name" are coming out like this: Name Phone Number Address (...with a blank space where the "Child's Name" field would be.) Even worse (and more confusing when reading the final document) is when the record has neither a "Child's Name" entry nor a "Phone Number" entry, and you get this: Name Address Basically, I want it to ignore the line if there is no data in the field. Accord...

Identifying the Active Fill Color
I have a routine that adds a shape to a selected cell and I would like to have the color of that shape be the last selected "fill" color (or the default fill color if no change made since Excel was started). How can I determine the active fill color from the "Fill Color" toolbar using VBA? Seems like there should be a way to get that color value. Thanks... Steve No one having answered this so far I thought I'd have a go.. I couldn't find anything in the object model to look at for this, but that's because I don't have an extensive excel object model to loo...

Cell flashing
Does anyone know how to format a cell so it will flash or blink ? It's possible to do so with code but its a bad idea, you'll find such (bad) code by searching Google. There is no built in function like Word in Excel and if you do use such code the results are usually jumpy and erratic, plus the processor is unavailable to do anything else until the code is stopped from running, ie the machine is virtually locked up, Regards, Alan. "Skioregon" <Skioregon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD31EA15-BC24-4074-85DA-D826B871EE55@microsoft.com... > D...

use VLookup to copy more than 1 cell
I have been using VLookup in Excel 2003 for some time but I would like to expand the VLookup results. Instead of just copying one cell to paste as the result of the formula, can I have VLookup copy and paste a series of cells from same row of the found item? Thanks and have a great day!!! :) You can change the result of the VLOOKUP function by changing the 3rd arguement in the function, which determines which column from the table to return. =VLOOKUP(Find_this,In_this_table,#_of_column_to_return,Closest_Match?) If you want to copy and paste this and have it adapt/change, u...

Go to cell #
Hello all, Is there a way to force a worksheet to always open in cell A1 regardless of what cell was active when the worksheet was saved. Sometimes different people save this worksheet with the cursor resting in different places, so it's annoying when it opens in some odd blank area. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks, -S Hi, You need to write a macro basically Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Sheet1").Activate Range("A1") End Sub This needs to be put in the ThisWorkbook object of the VBA Editor for your file. If this helps, pl...

how do i delete blank space on one note pages
Once I've added something on to a one note page and then delete it, its not always possible to delete the blank space. Not a big problem in one note, until you come to print and then you get blank pages which is not good for the planet !! Ive tried using the Insert Extra Writing Space in reverse, which sometimes works but not consistently. Im using OneNote 2007 in XP environment -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Once I've added something on to a one note page and then delete it, its not > always possible to delete the blank space. > > Not ...

Identifying Weekdays
Hi, I have a cell with a drop-down list that allows the user to select any day of the week, Sunday through to Monday. Once the selection has been made, the chosen day appears in the cell as text. I need to use the chosen day in a date formula, so need to extract it as its 'day number', i.e. Sunday =1, Monday = 2...... Saturday = 7. What is the easiest way to do this? Thanks, -- Mike -Please remove 'safetycatch' from email address before firing off your reply- Does this work for you: =LOOKUP(A1,{"Friday","Monday","Saturday","Sun...

Find Next Available Cell
I have a Worksheet with a macro that works in that it does return a group of values in a row. The last function of the macro is to highlight the row of figures, copy the highlighted values and then the macro stops because the rest I have to do manually. What I would like to do, is add to the end of the macro, a command to select the next empty cell in column B, greater than B15. Do a paste special, values only. This would be the end of the macro. I hope someone can assist. Nick Hi Nick, Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp)(2) returns the next empty cell in column...

Blank incoming mail need to cut paste colour some emails to read t
incoming mail from certain senders appear blank. For me to read them i have to copy and paste them inot a new email and colour them. It looks like it could be white print on white background. It is always the same senders. Any help appreciated Outlook 2007 with Vista ...

NTBackup is blank
Hi all, I have been using NTBackup for my Exchange 2003 SP1 and wanted to test a restore of the database. I have had no errors or issues with the backups at all. I noticed as a browse my catalogs that they are all blank, no database information is displayed under the backup jobs. Just the folders in the left columns and the right column says no data available (a breakout of the stores is listed). My databse is 50GB and the *.bkf file reflects it however the file itself appears blank. Can this be? So, I go to restore the file and I get an error that the database could not be located wi...

If formula nesting
Does any one know if there is a limited number of arguments one can nest in an IF formula? I have tried entering 14 conditions and it will not accept after the 8th one. It tells me I have no false value. Or is there something wrong with my formula? =IF(H45=43.9, "Needles",IF(H45=21.95,"Needles",IF(H45=62.5,"HP",IF(H45=65,"HP",IF(H45=67.5,"HP",IF(H45=70,"HP",IF(H45=130,"HP",IF(H45=135,"HP",if(h45=140,"HP",if(h34=995,"CD",if(h34=1295,"CD",if(h34=1695,"CD",if(H34=1990,"CD...

Re: Cell Color
Is there a way that when a cell is selected that it turns a different color, but goes back to the first color after it is de-selected? What properties would have to be applied for this reaction to occur? Tnx, Cy Hi Cy! Chip Pearson's RowLiner has this as an option: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "cy" <cyclops@3rdeye.net> wrote in message news:4m87d0l8m0i837opjdeumt0okpmefakm9k@4ax.com... > Is there a way that when a cell is selected that it turns a > different > co...

Allow VBA code to change a locked cell??
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I have written some VBA code that sets the values in certain cells using code like the following: Worksheets("MySheet").Range("A5") = MyValue This code works when my worksheet is not protected and cell A5 is not locked. When I protect the worksheet (with A5 locked), my code does not work. I get run-time error '1004' - "The cell or chart that you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only". I'd like to keep the cell locked (so users cannot edit it), but I do want my VBA code to be able...

blank epay data
I use MSMoney 2005 epay to pay bills. A transaction has just cleared my bank in the number range used by MSMoney but has blank information. Looking at MSMoney, I can see where I used epay for check numbers #5908 and #5910. The phantom transaction is #5909 and it is totally blank, except for the money amount, date and check number To make matters worse, #5008 was the last epay transaction I performed on my old machine, and #5910 is the first known transaction on my new machine. I copied the files from the old machine to the new machine. After I discovered this problem I went back...