How do I View & print or convert to PDF xls files without excel.

How can I View & Print or convert to PDF an xls file without Excel on a
Windows 98 computer.
0
GLA (1)

download the free Excel viewer from Microsoft, found at this link

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&DisplayLang=en

"GLA" wrote:

> How can I View & Print or convert to PDF an xls file without Excel on a
> Windows 98 computer.
0
DukeCarey (494)

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

manipulated a data file in excel
Is there any way to have a button in excel where when I click on it, i will let me choose a data file (by pointing and clicking) that's comm delimited and I can simply sum up an array of numbers and import tha sum into a cell? I don't want to put the text file into th spreadsheet, but rather just sum of the numers I want into a specifi cell. Thanks -- skinnydud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- skinnydude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1627 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php...

excel 2000 convert to excel 2003
Hi I would like to move current excell 2000 spread sheets and open them in 2003 excel. Please help in any way. I have copied my excell 2000 data onto a floppy however it will not open in Excel 2003 XL2000 and XL2003 share exactly the same file format and so should open just fine in either. However, you should never open XL files on floppies - XL uses temporary files, which may exceed the capacity of the floppy. Instead, copy the file from the floppy to your HD before opening. In article <72864281-728A-4B27-8317-A760E6440BB2@microsoft.com>, cityof <cityof@discussions.microsoft...

Screen color vs printed color
Using Pub 2003, with an HP Deskjet 1120C printer. (yes it's old) Replaced color cartridge with a "generic" one.( yes I'm cheap) Pub and Word cannot print RED but give me some kind of maroon. I printed a PUB color scheme sheet and there are NO reds on it. Since I have no other programs to print from I am wondering if Word and Pub have problems with the color RED? -- McM I read a few forum messages on the HP site about your printer. What version Windows are you using? You might find some of the messages enlightening. You could try a different driver, there are suggestions. ...

Files and Folders in C:\Windows
I'm trying to conserve space on a small HD on a laptop, and would like to know if I can remove the following files and directories. 1) Numerous files and folders in C:\WINDOWS with various names that have modified dates going back to the installation date of XP. C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB873333 C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstallIDNMitigationAPIs$ C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB835732$ 2) There are numerous files and folders in the 'C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\' directory with long alphanumeric names ( examples are shown below) C:...

I get a file in use message telling me that the file is locked ?
This is a one user computer and the file is not being used. The box containing the error message says "FILE IN USE". If I reboot I can get into the file once only before having the same error message. I have tried saving the file under a different file name but that file acts the same. I have checked permisions and that is not the problem either .....HELP! ...

how do i print from excel to envelopes
mailing address and return address print directly to envelopes or labels from excel There is not an easy method to do it in Excel without trial and error manipulation. Use Word's mailmerge...........labels and envelopes. Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge and Excel for the source see these sites for help. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:41:01 -0700, gus <gus@...

MS excell 2007 Data verification list
I am attempting to use the list function within data verification for drop down menus. I need a list that is conditional upon the information in another cell. Example: The first cell offers a drop down menu with specific Make of equipment. From what appears in that cell I seek to offer only the Models for that Make of equipment on a list in another cell. I considered using a series of IF statements to run macros however I don’t know how to invoke a macro from within a formula. Any suggestions? Thank You =if(“Trane”,macro,=If(Crrier,macro,=If(Bitzer,macro…))) See Debra D...

File:// Linking...
Why is it that when you link something in Outlook with file:// when clicking on the link it returns the error Outlook 2000: "Cannot find the file 'file://Q:\blahblahblah' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available." Outlook 2003 "Cannot find the file "Q:\blahblahblah'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct." It used to work before any service releases to Outlook 2000 were applied. There are typically no spaces in the filename and if they are I usually replace th...

Making counters in excel
Is there a way to get a box to behave as a counter, so that each time you click on it the numerical value will increase by one. I am trying to create a survey response sheet and this would be a big help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ToolsMacro>Record New Macro>name it AddOne. Stop the macro recorder before doing anything else; nothing should be recorded. Tools>Macros>*Select the AddOne macro and click Edit. Paste this on a line between t...

Charts in Excel
Anyone have a way to create a combined Clustered Column and Stacked Column chart in Excel? I can easily select one or the other, but I would like to have a combination. I'm using Office version 2002 Have a look at http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "JR1" <JR1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BCD33A6-AC57-474C-8C35-E8A93FE060C8@microsoft.com... > Anyone have a way to create a combined Clustered Column and Stacked Column > chart in Excel? I can easily...

Excel simple stock control
I am a service engineer, and i'm looking to use excel to manage my stock better I have tried a few things and it's all manually input/edited I would like to know if it's possibale to use VB, to auto manage these levels IE, 1 box asks for the part number 2nd asks you how many 3rd/4th boxes are "+", "-" When + or - is pressed the part number will automatically add's/subtracts that part level. Say.. I had 10x abcde's I enter 2 in "How Many", then press "-" it will then adjust the level from 10 to 8 My excel sheet would have parts...

Printing #17
How do I print a poster on one page letter size in Publisher? See if your printer has settings to do it. If not, convert the file to a .pdf and then you can reduce it to fit. JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher ...

Using Access Reports in other EXE file
Hello I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97; because of the easy way to build such reports. Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual Studio or even Delphi.... Thanks a lot for your suggestions Hi. Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files. Access would not need to be installed on the computer in order to view ...

Excel table is not correctly pasted into PPT and LN
Hi, i would like to haves ome info about this problem: One user cannot paste correctly an excel table (Edit Copy > Paste Special/Image - Paste) from excel 2000 to powerpoint 2000 or lotus notes vs. 4.6 This problem does not exist in word or in onother excel sheet. Coloured cells are right, coloured text is pasted in black. Have you got some ideas to resolve the problem? Thank in advance, Sara (Italy) ...

View Webpage

Forms in two differant views

I need printing help
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from Outlook XP. I used to be able to select a group of Notes for printing and then defined a print style with a custom header and footer. I used to be able to print all the items with each item starting right after the previous item -- not with each item starting on a separate page. Now when I try to print multiple notes the print option for printing each item on a new page is selected and grayed out. I can't turn the option off. What's curious, though, is I can get the Print Preview to present that way by plaing around with differnet sequence...

Printing of Borders 02-14-10
I have a phenomenon I have not seen before, despite using Excel for over 15 years. Can anyone please point to a cause? Excel 2000 on a Windows XP SP3 platform. On a particular worksheet the Borders are printing on copy one but not copy two. The Borders are delineating sub-totals and totals of columns of figures. Not all worksheets are affected. TIA -- Gerry ~~~~ FCA Stourport, England Enquire, plan and execute ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ perhaps it is a side effect of the Printer preferences having "Advanced Printing features" enabled. You have an HP pr...

Forcing a view to be the active view

I need help with Excel formula
I need help with Excel formula (first one is correct but I don't know how to add second formula)? =IF('1'!W16="($E20>2000000,0,IF($E20>100… =""AB8",'1'!W16) or =IF(‘1’!X16="(($E20>5000000,1200,IF($E20… =""AB8",'1'!X16) -- Thx On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 06:31:01 -0800, antoinette <lerouxroux@gmail.com> wrote: >I need help with Excel formula (first one is correct but I don't know how to >add second formula)? >=IF('1'!W16="($E20>2000000,0,IF($E20>100� =""AB8"...

Conditional Formating Excel Form
Hi All I have a Form in excel which lets people enter monitoring information It has the fields Target, Reported and Difference. The Target field i pre-set, they have to enter the Reported field and the Difference fiel is a calculated field based on Targeted - Reported. If this difference is more than 10% or less than -10% I would like i the following: A. To change the font colour in the Difference text box red. and B. The form to open another text box (called reason) - so that they ca explain the difference. Any help would be much appreciated Cheers J -- JoePineapples I c...