how do i use sumif when linking worksheet

example three criteria in a single coloum A B C i want to add these
seperately and want total to be shown in other worksheet
0
anushri (2)

I'm not sure what you're asking, exactly. If you have "A B C" in one
column, say column J, are the criteria space delimited? Fixed length?

When you say you "want to add these separately", if your criteria are "A
B C" what are you adding?

In article <94BB15F2-B984-4F9E-B6CE-B9BE8EC187D1@microsoft.com>,
 "anushri" <anushri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> example three criteria in a single coloum A B C i want to add these
> seperately and want total to be shown in other worksheet
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Printing Color-Coded Worksheet in Black & White Mode in Excel 2003
I work with farily complex Excel worksheets which require print outs as both hard copy and PDF. I normally keep the formatting as they are and select [Black and White] in [Page Setup] [Sheet], as this preserves the integrity of the financial model while printing out a clean copy for the enduser. However, this function basically converts everyting color-coded to black & white, including cell shading patterns; I normally accentuate certain important cells by shading them in black and using a white font color. While I want the output to be black & white, I do want to preserve this p...

How do I link Excel chart axis scale settings to cells?
I want to link a chart's axis scale settings to cells. Is this possible? Hi, You can not directly link the scales setting to cells. Tushar has an addin which help. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/autochart/index.html Cheers Andy strince wrote: > I want to link a chart's axis scale settings to cells. Is this possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Please ignore...I found the answer in another post. "strince" wrote: > I want to link a chart's axis scale settings to cells. Is this possible? ...

Have you used the Archiving module from Retail Realm?
Hi all Has anyone used the Archiving module from Retail Realm and if so what are your thoughts.. experiences? thanks for your time ...

Using bcc
I have sent an email some weeks ago and some of the addresses were in the bcc field. I now want to send another email to the same people but when I open the sent email in Outlook I can't see who I sent it to. I appreciate that if I was the recipient I shouldn't see the names but as it was me that sent the email I thought it would show who the email had gone to. Am I wrong? If not how do I view the addresses? Thanks Tony Tony Williams <tw@invalid.com> wrote: > I have sent an email some weeks ago and some of the addresses were in > the bcc field. I now want to send ...

Chart Using Days of the Week
How do I get Excel to construct a chart using x-axis data labels of Mon.-Fri from a time formatted range of cells? TIA Great Optimism, Dutch Driver Hi right-click on the axis and choose a custom format like DDD -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dutch Driver wrote: > How do I get Excel to construct a chart using x-axis data labels of > Mon.-Fri from a time formatted range of cells? > > TIA > > Great Optimism, > > Dutch Driver ...

Using iif to choose which address to display
I have an access table of alumni for my university, and it stores both their home and their business address. there is another field that is a dropdown box that you can choose which they prefer to recieve their mail at. now, i print out reports that basically makes labels out of them so i can mail out to people. im trying to write an iif statement, or somehow create reports that will check the value in prefaddr (home or work), and then based on that display all the corresponding address fields, either waddress, wcity, wstate, and wzip, or haddress, hcity, hstate, and hzip. i've tried m...

Problems creating a PDF file from a report using autoexec macro
Hi, I am using the autoexec macro to run a report and print it out as a pdf file. My steps in the autoexec macro are 1. OpenReport 2. Print Out 3. RunCode 4. Quit. The RunCode is designed to delay the closing of the application by two minutes so that the pdf file can be created. Whenever I run this, I get a box that comes up and says "Print Macro Definitions" Include for Macro _Properties _Actions and Arguments _Permissions by User and Group. The application hangs on this without closing. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is Print Out the right command? Tha...

Pocket PC - Money 2004
Hello, My hard-drive crashed on my computer and I had to install a new one. The only workable backup file I have for my Microsoft Money is on my Pocket PC. Is there a way for me to use the file on my Pocket PC on my new computer? I tried http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/276.aspx and it's not working. Maybe that tutorial was designed for a newer version of Microsoft Money? JJ The readme, which the article is based on, has been around for a while. In any case, the data on your client will almost surely be incomplete. -- Michael Gordon MVP "JJ" <JJ@discussions.mic...

Links not opening on IE and Firefox, only on my user account, for some websites
I�ve recently been having trouble opening certain links, both on Internet Explorer and Firefox. Everything was working fine 2 days ago, when I ran �Disk Cleanup�. However, I don�t think that�s the problem because I ran �Disk Cleanup� once, only for my user account files, and the second time, for all the files on the computer. And this trouble is only occurring my user account. What happens is that I�ll go on, Youtube for instance and clicking on ANY link, whether it�s left-clicking on it, right-clicking on it or clicking the scroller to open the link in a new tab, it doesn�t ha...

outlook 2000 changing msg class using utility?
Hi- this message is in 3 parts DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT I work for a small nonprofit group for pastors and outreach organization leaders who meet once monthly as well as have an annual "love your city" churches responding to neibourhood needs (free pop/ bbqs/ repair roofs/ clean up yards) event......so need distribution centers for promo items, ect ... comprehensive new form I have permission from our Tech person to change all our contacts to this form..... we'v backed up the hard-drive to cds, saved existing format of contacts to excell files so OBJECTIVES..KEEPING ...

Unable to save excel worksheet to cd
Cannot save excel worksheet to cdrw. Error message says file is read only. "Deborah Short" <dshort@gcnetmail.net> wrote in message news:065101c35a8a$61ec03f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Cannot save excel worksheet to cdrw. Error message says > file is read only. Save to HD, then copy to CDRW. ...

Making a chart that uses a secondary Y axis
Hi, I'm having trouble creating a chart that has three types of data, perhaps I'd better explain. I'm trying to chart the progress of a project over time that's simple enough, but I want to add to the chart the amount of estimated hours each part of the project is going to take, so my chart should be something like Y1 axis = % completed, X axis = name of subproject, Y2 axis = estimated hours for subproject. I have gotten as far as doing this in a line chart but I want to make the Y2 axis a bar chart that extends behind the lines for the subprojects, can anyone tell me how I c...

button "use offline folder" missing
Hi, in my outlook 2002 xp client the button "use offline folder" seems to be gone. After some digging on the internet, one of the possible solutions seemed to be to remove the terminal services (at least for office 2000). After stopping them (can't find a way to remove them completely), still no luck. How do i get this button back? Is there any solution besides doing a complete reinstall of my laptop? I need the offline storage folders since I'm not always online, and still want to have maximum mail funcionality. Thanx for any answers! Jos ...

Remote Access or shared LAN access of Outlook without using Exchange Server ????
Currently I am accessing my desktop computer's installation of Outlook through Remote Desktop, from my laptop. I can do this while on the same LAN or remotely, through the internet. This however is not really ideal, as I run my desktop at QXGA resolution and my laptop has only a XGA screen. This means that when I get back home, all the windows on my desktop are all messed up and really small. What I would really like to do is be able to access remotely, in either one of the ways you can do using Exchange Server. I have a separate server machine (running Windows Server 2003 Stand...

Form Validation using multiple Yes/No boxes
I have created a form which contains multiple Yes/No boxes. I wish to store the value of the records (both selected and not selected) in two separate tables. The "Yes" value records will be stored in my "Closed" table and the "No" value records will be stored in the "Open" table. I created a button which will open a pop-up dialog box for the user to enter a comment. I tried adding the code below to that button, but it only stores the first No (open) and the first Yes (closed) records. How can I have it loop through all the records on the screen...

Bringing variables from Excel to be used in Microsoft Query
I just started using Microsoft Query and it looks like it does a good job. However, I want it to pass over a special number that represents the number of seconds after 1/1/1970. What I do is create the value using date functions to get the current date then subtract and multiply to get the value. Now I'm trying to figure out how to modifiy Microsoft Query to read that value that's in that cell. Anyone know how I can do that? ...

How to use autofilter in excel with formula reference changing
Hi, I have a table A B C 1 forro 120 2 ment 80 40 3 forro 50 30 4 ment 40 10 5 ment 30 10 6 forro 20 10 7 forro 10 10 8 forro 5 5 Starting from C2, the column C has a formula (=B1-B2) result = 40; (=B2-B3) result = 30; etc... When I apply autofilter the formula in cell C keeps the original information (=B1-B2), and I would like to have a formula to change and shows de result as below (=B1-B3) result = 70; (=B3-B6) result = 30; etc... A B C 1 forro 120 3 forro 50 70 6 forro 20 30 7 forro 10 10 8 forro 5 5 The objective is to have a formula considering jus...

using excel to compare two worksheets
I have two work sheets, one worksheet "RASTER" contains data like: 458 688 689 1208 1209 1651 1847 1848 2403 2404 2606 2616 2675 2677 6121 6609 6690 6691 and the other worksheet PRO-E contains data like: 689 1209 2616 2677 2830 2869 2870 2873 6695 7014 7399 8575 9098 9747 13405 13529 15992 16196 as you can see the two lists contain values with exact matches and also don't have matches. What I want to do is combine or compare the two worksheets and only show me what does not match. I only am concerned with keeping none matching values from worksheet RASTER. Thanks. Rodney...

Using the "Enter" key
I've been using Money since...well forever, and do just basic tasks. However, I just bought a new PC w/Money 2005 OEM installed. The one, and most annoying, quirk for me is that in all previous versions you had the option to use the "enter" key to move between fields in the transaction form. Does anyone know if this has been disabled in 2005? Is there a way to get this function back? Thanks Steve P. In microsoft.public.money, devious7120 wrote: >I've been using Money since...well forever, and do just basic tasks. >However, I just bought a new PC w/Money 200...

Automatically selectings items in a list box using a list
I have a form with a button that when the user selects an item from the list box and then clicks the button, an update query runs to update the selected item from the list box. I'm trying to write some code that will allow the user to click a button that using a loop will automatically select each item in the list one at a time and then run the update query for each item. The problem I'm having is writing the code that automatically selects the next item in the list box. For example, right now I have: dim listCounter as integer for listCounter=0 to listbox.listcount()-1 ...

Can sumif detect text strings or detect if a dollar sign $ is in a cell?
Hi, I copied my online bank statement into excel, and it's all in one column. I want excel to only sum those cells which contain a dollar sign and ignore the banks comment and date cells in the sum. I tried =SUMIF(A1:A500,"$") AND ALSO =SUMIF(A1:A500,"$",A1:A500) I just get 0 for the result. Anyone know how to get sumif to match on a character like the dollar sign? Seems like this would be an obvious and functional use for this function eh? Thanks! Love, Me Hi the dollar sign is probably created by a format? If this is true you can't check for this sign....

Need to add cell comments in unlocked cell on protected worksheet
Using Excel 2002, I have a worksheet that I have "protected" so that only a certain block of cells can be selected/edited. Today, I have a new requirement to be able to add/edit/delete cell comments on those cells that remain unlocked. But the options to do so on the cell context menu disappear when the worksheet is protected, but reappear when the worksheet is unprotected. When you protect the worksheet, scroll down and check "edit objects". This will allow comments to be added/removed/changed--along with other objects (pictures/shapes/etc). dan400man wrote: >...

my file using one note cannot be viewed completely if i e-mail it
i created a file with some pictures and handwriting, and e-mailed to friends who are using different e-mail servers, however the complete file cannot be viewed by friends who are using yahoo or hotmail accounts. some are broken up and some must save it on desktop and open to view. do recipients have to have one note program built in their computer? it will be waste of money if it only works with having one note program..... They need OneNote to open the *.one files, but the text of the message body should be viewable in any mail program that accepts HTML and doesn't block images...

How do you link VB code to a table field?
Using Word 2093. I have code, now I need it to place it into the table cell so that it'll perform the code. Familiar w/ Access VBA, but discovered that word is different. When the form opens the date of the ending Sunday will populate into a cell (for time card form). Thanks, MC The macro will have to be triggered by some means. See the previous thread and please keep to the one thread. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com ...

Using publisher 2007, how do I reformat a PUB flyer to jpg format
I just started using PUB 2007 and have this question -- pls help. Mny thx, Gil Rosoff, San Mateo, CA File, save as, Files of type, scroll down to the .jpg options. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Gil Rosoff" <Gil Rosoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B70E8398-1BD2-44A2-AF3E-20DB8D7A646C@microsoft.com... >I just started using PUB 2007 and have this question -- pls help. > Mny thx, Gil Rosoff, San Mateo, CA Why use a .jpg? Why not a .pdf? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dum...