You don't.

Excel defaults to short date.

You can achieve a modicum of alteration in Windows Regional Settings but not
like  Thursday, November 16, 2005

To get that you would need a macro.

Sub DateInFooter()
    With ActiveSheet
        .PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy")
    End With
End Sub

Alternative.................

Assume you have date formatted to Thursday, November 16, 2005 in A1

Sub CellInFooter()
    With ActiveSheet
        .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("A1").text
    End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:12:03 -0800, "Long Date Format in Excel" <Long Date
Format in Excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

0
Gord

Mac Word 2008
I've used Word since version one for DOS and was an alpha tester for the first Word for Windows, so I'm not a total dunce. But for the life of me, I cannot figure how to place in the footer "Page X of Y (total pages)". For at least the last 10 years, plus in Mac Word 2004, I could open the footer and insert this feature easily. I've looked everywhere I can think of for information on how to do this in Mac Word 2008 to no blessed avail!! Why trying to do something that was so easy in previous versions of Word can possibly be viewed as an "enhancement&...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Auto Input Today's Date
I wish to create formula to automatically insert date and time for each new record created in Excel 2003/2007 database. I've tried the following in cell A6, so when I enter data into Worksheet called INPUT cell B6 , the date and time is automatically entered into A6 of the DATA worksheet, but it doesn't work: =IF(INPUT! B6>1,=NOW(),"") What am I doing wrong? I am using Data Form for user input of new data and don't want the user to input into a date field, so I have created INPUT worksheet without date and DATA worksheet with all identical fields using INPUT plus a d...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

DATE Problem 04-11-07
I can't seem to store a date. Here is the scenerio. Me.TxtStart = Date() Set db = CurrentDb Set tdf = db.TableDefs("tblDefault") Set fld = tdf.Fields("TestStartDate") fld.DefaultValue = Me.TxtStart Whats being set in the TestStartDate field is the time! I need the date thats in the Me.TxtStart field. Any help appreciated. Thanks DS On Apr 11, 12:46 pm, DS <booty...@optonline.net> wrote: > I can't seem to store a date. > Here is the scenerio. > > Me.TxtStart = Date() > > Set db = CurrentDb > Set tdf = db.TableDefs("tblDefault&q...

Exchange 2003 removing Internet Headers on incoming mail
Our exchange 2003 server strips out the internet headers. We have a catchall internet mailbox which is collected by exchange POP3 and then forwarded to all internal mailboxes by virtual SMTP. Is there a setting to prevent the headers being stripped out? At first I though it was Outlook 2003, but I've enabled the DWORD registry setting "SaveAllMIMENotJustHeaders" which shows only the internal receipt into virtual SMTP and nothing else. Regards Anthony On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:58:19 +0100, "Anthony Hunt" <ach@kl2.com> wrote: >Our exchange 2003 server ...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Conditional Formating #18
Dear all, I would like to apply a conditional formating to fill with a red colour some Excel cells when the computer calendar gets some date, I would like to fill that cells when "best before date" of some pruducts gets that date with the computer calendar. Thanks a lot. Pedro Mestre One way: If cell A1 is active: CF1: Formula is =TODAY()>=A1 Format1: Patterns/red In article <13BD3AC5-9DFE-4C53-BA91-440BC506B82E@microsoft.com>, Pedro Mestre <PedroMestre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I would like to apply a condition...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

Conditional Formatting #65
I have a date cell that I need to apply conditional formatting to when the date is now one year later. Example: A4 contains the date 1/1/2007 and today's date is in cell F2 with the formula [TODAY()]. If cell A4 is one year in the past I'd like the font to change so I'll know that date is older than one year from today's date. Thanks for any help! Trish On Apr 10, 9:43=A0am, Trish <trish....@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a date cell that I need to apply conditional formatting to when > the date is now one year later. > > Example: A4 contains the date 1/1/2007 ...

What do you use Excel for?

using extended desktop mode
How can I move an Excel spreadsheet onto my second monitor. Word and Internet provide no problems, I just click & drag. Same way. You have to have the application window in a non-maximised state though, and you can then drag it from one to the other, or even size it so it spreads across the two screens completely. If I have the window maximised though, I am unable to drag it from screen to screen. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------------...