How do I upshift text

I want to have a series of cells that, when I enter text, it is upshifted
0
IJO (1)

upshifted???

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"IJO" <IJO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to have a series of cells that, when I enter text, it is upshifted

0
Don
12/9/2004 4:56:10 PM
Select your range, Format>Cells>Alignment>Vertical>Top

Carlos

"IJO" <IJO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to have a series of cells that, when I enter text, it is upshifted

0
nunayo (95)
12/9/2004 5:00:33 PM
upshift = uppercase ??

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm

Cheers
Andy

IJO wrote:
> I want to have a series of cells that, when I enter text, it is upshifted

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Right Click the Sheet Tab and select "View Code"

Paste the following into the code window

    Dim MyCell As Range, MyRange As Range
    Set MyRange = Me.Range("A1:A20")
    For Each MyCell In MyRange
        MyCell = UCase(MyCell)
    Next
End Sub

Select File ....Close and return to Excel

"IJO" wrote:

> I want to have a series of cells that, when I enter text, it is upshifted
0
Hayeso (14)
12/9/2004 5:13:05 PM
Lots of different answers.  Each is correct depending on the interpretation
of the question.
Can we hear from the OP?  What was the question?

"IJO" <IJO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to have a series of cells that, when I enter text, it is upshifted

0
nunayo (95)
12/9/2004 6:26:38 PM
Upshift.....Superscript??

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:26:38 -0500, "CarlosAntenna" <nunayo@binnez.com> wrote:

>Lots of different answers.  Each is correct depending on the interpretation
>of the question.
>Can we hear from the OP?  What was the question?
>
>"IJO" <IJO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I want to have a series of cells that, when I enter text, it is upshifted

0
Gord

Problem setting text on a userform's "label"
I have a Userform that contains a Label form and here is the initialize code: -------------------------------------------- Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() . . Call SetMyLabel ' procedure call End Sub ---------------------------------------------- Public Sub SetMyLabel() Dim s1, s2 as String s1 = "Hello " s2 = "World!" UserForm1.Label1.Caption = s1 & s2 ' This code has no effect End Sub ----------------------------------------------- So, when this code runs, my label ends up being blank....

Search text in screenshots
Is it possible to search for words /text in screenshots, pictures? Is it possible to search for words in a File when the Link of the File is in OneNote noted? Nakamura wrote: > Is it possible to search for words /text in screenshots, pictures? Yes, this is possible as ON does OCR in the background. > Is it possible to search for words in a File when the Link of the > File is in OneNote noted? No, this is not possible. You may use WDS. Rainald ...

Writing text from a combined text field to a table text field
I have a dumb question that is stumping me (I'm a spotty Access user -- use it for a while and become fairly proficient and then don't use it for a while and forget things). I have a table which has four fields: ID (autonumber) ProjectNumber (Text) ProjectCo (Text) ProjectName (Text) I have a form which has control source for the "ProjectNumber" field as - "PN-"&[ID] - which, on the form displays "PN-" followed by the autonumber ID field value -- so, for example for record #1 it shows "PN-1". My problem is, I want that value (the "PN...

Limiting Size of Text Fields
Is there a way to limit the size of a text field? I know the max in Excel is 255 characters, but I have been asked to find a way to limit a field to 50 characters (or identify a way to notify the user that they have exceeded 50 characters). I found a function (LEN) that counts the characters, but it looks like this would have to be completed manually each time and so would not be effective? Any ideas would be appreciated... Cynthia --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Cynthia! You can use data validation to limit the number of characters entered in a cell. Select the ...

Exchange 2003 rich text html settings
Ok so I have read some posts about changing the option to allow the user to choose to send using html or rich text, and every post says go to Global settings / Internet messaging formats properties and then advanced. Well either Im a idiot or something is very wierd, when I go to the properties of internet messaging formats all I get is a generel tab with a list of mime types ( I can add, remove and move them but no options to change them) and I get a details tab but I have no advanced button or anyhting that other people are describing. PLEASE HELP I know I have found this area before but n...

anchor graphic in column 1 to text in column 2 in frontpage
as above Float graphic right in column 1 and float text left in column 2? "cog" wrote: > as above "cog" <cog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC361C24-771F-4C19-B48A-F86AE8421394@microsoft.com... > as above I wrote this years ago for fp98 http://accessfp.net/how-to.htm Don't know what your version is but still holds true I presume you mean bookmarks? btw best to put the question in the body of the page for all sorts of reasons. If you want to bookmark within a page. Say you want to make a 'bottom of page' and ...

How can you rotate the text within the text box so that the text .
Help. Need advice on how to move my text within a text box to align with the box's direction. For example, if I have an arrow pointing at an angle from left to right, how do I ensure that the text move with my box? Thanks in advance. The only way I now to achive this effect is to type the text directl into a cell of the spreadsheet. In the cell you can go to the cell' properties and adjust the text alignment and then you can put the arro over the text at the same angle. Just remember to make the text bo transparent. Hope that help -- intelgi ---------------------------------...

Text Baloons
I know that with other web design software you can add text or "word" baloons that pop-p when you highlight the text - Can this be done in Publisher? ...

changing the text of error messages
hi there, is there a way to change the text of an error message in MS CRM? Some of them are simply confusing for the user and I'd like to make them more understandable. I have no language pack installed and only need one language. Any ideas? Regards, Ludger ...

how to activate text to speech
dear friends how to activate the text to speech bar ???????? -- frsm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ frsm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31231 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=519641 Pll-down: View > Toolbars and check text to speach This requires a recent version of Excel -- Gary's Student "frsm" wrote: > > dear friends > how to activate the text to speech bar ???????? > > > -- > frsm > ---------------------------...

.NET component for displaying images and HTML text
I want to find a component that will let me display a two-column table with an image in the first table and HTML text in the second. Is there a customizable component that will let me do that without calling the webbrowser and having to feed a URL (the text will be generated on the fly). On 2010-01-06, John Meyer <johnmeyer@pueblocomputing.com> wrote: > I want to find a component that will let me display a two-column table > with an image in the first table and HTML text in the second. Is there > a customizable component that will let me do that without calling ...

How can I alter the size of the text box in an Excel
So that the text doesn't wrap in appropriately? Bob, I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but you can press crtl+enter to do a 'hard' enter that won't wrap. Eric "Bob W." wrote: > So that the text doesn't wrap in appropriately? As you would with most textboxes by using the mouse and moving the corner/edge. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9C7C6AC4-B087-473C-8CDD-692BD7944607@microsoft.com>, =?Utf- 8?B?Qm9iIFcu?= <Bob...

find last part of text
seems easy but I can't figure it out I want the last 13 sets of character (as numbers) representing monthly occurances (the last being the total) of cell values in a1 ZXCVSL 1015L 04 ITEM UNLINED BOX C 0 3 0 2 1 15 2 2 0 0 0 0 24 ZXCVSL 1015L 04 ITEM UNLINED BOX 1 3 0 0 1 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 9 so that for with the 1st line, cell d1 = 0, e1=3, f1=0,g1=2.... and the 2nd line, cell d2 = 1, e2=3, f2=0,g2=0.... On Nov 21, 6:09=A0am, "caveman.savant" <caveman.sav...@gmail.com> wrote: > seems easy but I can't figure it out > I want the last 13 sets of character (as numbers)...

Return Text based upon text matching
I have two separate worksheets Worksheet A COLUMNA COLUMNB Insurance Company Name Maketer NAME Aetna John Smith BCBC Mary Doolittle Abbington Mike Doe Worksheet B COLUMNA COLUMNH Insurance Company Name Marketer Name Aetna BCBC Abbington I need the Marketer Name to show up in Colu...

Text in Formula
I have this formula: =IF(D13="","",IF(C13=D13,"",IF(C13<0,D13-C13))) The problem is that sometimes C13 and/or D13 will be text instead of a number. The text might say E or PK which is actually the same as zero. I can't figure out a way to rewrite the formula to allow for this. Try this: =IF(D13="","",IF(C13=D13,"",IF(N(C13)<0,N(D13)-N(C13)))) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "JimS" <jimx22@msn.com> wrote in message news:02bcf4p6p8p7g5i0e5p69im604dqo28rqe@4ax.com... >I have this formula: > > =I...

Text Not Wrapping
When I compose an HTML email with Word as my email editor, the words wrap to the window in Word, but if I retrieve the email with Outlook Express, the text doesn't word wrap. How do I set Word so that the text word wraps in Outlook Express too? -- Brian UTC -0500 Never mind, I figured it out :) . -- Brian UTC -0500 "Brian" <nospam.cybroid@msn.com> wrote in message news:s_ftc.27348$zO3.13887@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > When I compose an HTML email with Word as my email editor, the words wrap to > the window in Word, but if I retrieve the email with Ou...

OpenXML Changing Text in word document
My situation: I need to open Word 2007 documents from a web app and find all the bookmarks and then replace the text inside the bookmark, then stream the document to the user. From what I have read, OpenXML for wordprocessing is the way to do this (using sdk v2). I have tried many different ways to do this, however, I can't quite accomplish it. I can get the document open and see the body text, but I don't know how to go about finding the bookmarks and text within the body and changing. Does anybody know of any examples? Thanks. -- Kevin ...

How do I upshift text
I want to have a series of cells that, when I enter text, it is upshifted upshifted??? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "IJO" <IJO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8C0FAC1-ABF6-4001-BA52-823B570A52BD@microsoft.com... > I want to have a series of cells that, when I enter text, it is upshifted Select your range, Format>Cells>Alignment>Vertical>Top Carlos "IJO" <IJO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8C0FAC1-ABF6-4001-BA52-823B570A52BD@microsoft.com... > I want to have a series of cells that...

Importing large tab-delimited text files?
I deal with very large data sets that are in tab-delimited .txt format. Many times, there are more than 256 columns of data. The Microsoft Knowledge Base had an article titled "Sample Macro to Import Data with More Than 256 Fields or Columns". This could do the trick for me if I could modify the macro to accomodate tab-delimited formats. Q1: Could anyone tell me how to modify the macro described above for tab-delimited .txt files? Q2: Does anyone know of a bulk file conversion utility that would change a tab-delimited text file to a CSV format? Thanks a bunch, Mark R-S Ma...

Highlighting text
I use Microsoft Outlook 2002 with Microsoft Word as my email editor. When I set the email as plain text, I get a problem selecting text. If I click at the end of a line, the whole line is highlighted rather than placing the cursor at the end of the line. Is there a way around this? What do your mouse properties show? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, ASA V asked: | I use Mi...

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height