how do i unhide all cells on an excel worksheet?

I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left
corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose Hide. I've
tried every trick I know to unhide the cells but nothing works. Does anyone
have a suggestion?
Thanks

Select Format | Row | Unhide

Regards

Trevor

"alliecallie" <alliecallie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left
> corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose Hide. I've
> tried every trick I know to unhide the cells but nothing works. Does
> anyone
> have a suggestion?
> Thanks

0
Trevor9259 (673)
10/12/2004 10:17:29 PM
Hi!

Format > Row > Unhide works for me.

Al

--
Alf
AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478

for all rows and columns left click the empty column to the left of the A=
 and
above the 1 then right click within the sheet itself then unhide

0
bobclark (37)
10/12/2004 10:46:54 PM
You would also have to select Format>Column>Unhide

Steve

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4785
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=268679

Steve:

Strangely enough, I don't find Columns works.

Al

--
Alf
AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26867

Maybe because the columns *aren't* hidden.

If you select the entire sheet and right click and choose "Hide", don't you
still see the column headers (A,B,C ...), while the row numbers are missing?

XL hides all the rows by default *unless* you tell  it to hide the columns.

Whlie the rows are *still* hidden, click
<Format> <Column> <Hide>,
And see what happens.

NOW, do a <Format> <Row> <Unhide>,
And see what happens then.
--

Regards,

RD

"AlfD" <AlfD.1e1kcn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

Steve:

Strangely enough, I don't find Columns works.

Alf

--
AlfD
AlfD's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4785
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=268679

0
ragdyer1 (4059)

File encryption in excel.
Could someone please advise me how to De- encrypt files in Excel. I Encrypted a file some time ago, but cannot now find any item on the drop down menu's to enable me to de-encrypt. Thanx ...

Protect or Unprotect Cell dependent on different cell
I am trying to find a way of automatically protecting a cell if an adjacent cell has a specific value whilst if that cell has a different value the cell would be unprotected. For example if I am aiming to have a column with values in that will be entered but if a field next to it has a 1 in the value field will then be locked. But if the 1 is changed to a 0 the value field could then be edited. Many Thanks for any help. David You could do this with a worksheet_change event to make it fully automatic.Unlock ccell f1>protect the sheet>right click sheet tab>view ...

Unhide query
Hi I hid query (changed attributes to hidden) and I would like to see it back and I don't know how. Can you help? -- Greatly appreciated Eva Access 2003 or earlier, with the database window active == Select Tools: Options == Go to the VIEW tab and check Hidden Objects == Click OK == Go to the Queries tab == Find your query and click on it and select properties == uncheck Hidden and click ok == Go back to Tools: Options and uncheck Hidden Objects In 2007, you will need to start with the Office button to get to the option so show hidden objects. John Spencer Access M...

Re: combine multiple excel file in to one excel file and multiple worksheet
I am wanting to use the following code to combine worksheets from multiple files. However I would like to be able to select folder which contains files in a more automated way that having to change the code every time, and also copy all worksheets with links and formulas removed. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I have limited code knowledge. Option Explicit > Sub Copy_them() > > Dim TargetWkbk As Workbook > Dim mrgWkbk As Workbook > > Dim i As Long > Dim Wks As Worksheet > Dim fName As String > > Application.ScreenUpdating = F...

formula for visible cells
Can I copy a worksheet so that the new worksheet looks exactly like the visible portion of the old worksheet. For example, if I filter and sort, I only want what is left visible to appear in my new worksheet, and I want it to do it automatically without my having to copy and paste. Automatic means VBA code. See Ron de Bruin's site for copying filtered results. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 4 May 2010 11:32:01 -0700, jpstormy <jpstormy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I copy a worksheet so that the new workshee...

Excel-Grouping with protection of worksheet?
Hello Can EXcel gurus help me, After grouping i have protected the sheet. So that user(s) should not modifiy the contents but should be able to read. protection of sheet protects the grouping also. As a result user fails to click the + or _ button og the groups or switch between the levels (by clicking levels at the top left corner). Is there a way to have a protected sheet + with switching between grouping allowed? Thanks, bc If you protect the sheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??), you can allow this: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") ...

Getting the longest lengh in range of cells
I am trying to get the length of the longest cell in a range and use the array {=len(a1:a1)}. What happens is that it picks up the length of cell A1. Is there a way in a formula to determine the longest cell length in a range, or through VBA. Thanks in advance Hi Try this formula array (please amend with last row number): {=MAX(LEN(A1:A7))} HTH Cordially Pascal "Geoff" <gh@bob.com> a �crit dans le message de news:uMKoCQiSFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I am trying to get the length of the longest cell in a range and use the > array {=len(a1:a1)}. What happen...

cell contents
How do I place the actual data rather than the logic formula (IF function) in the cell? ...

How to fill colour in Excel, it appers No fill in my computer?
To fill colour, select cell then tools fill colour. but in my computer whne i click fill colour it appers as No Fill and no colours in the menu(it is blank) Regards Bede Hi Bede, See the MSKB article # 320531: "Changes to the fill color and the fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs" http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 --- Regards, Norman "bede" <bede@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0713BE2-902F-48FA-B4C3-209FD018D1B1@microsoft.com... > To fill colour, select cell then tools fill colour. but in my computer >...

Hiding and Unhiding Rows.. Unhide does not work..

how do I deselect cells within a range of cells
how do I deselect cells within a range of cells without deselecting the entire range and reselect the desire cells? Depending on how extensive and/or complicated your range is, you could try to edit the range references in the "RefersTo" box of <Insert> <Name> <Define>. Click on the range name, then click in the "RefersTo" box, hit <F2>, and try to make your changes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "...

Excel 2003 Charts
I have a chart that I update - adding a line, etc., and when I do this the entire color scheme changes. I cannot have this as I need all of my charts in the file (16) to have the same color scheme/theme throughout the presentation. Is there a way to lock the colors in? I think you are "updating" incorrectly. When you add a line to a chart, it becomes a new color, as the total amount of series has changed. If you are instead removing one series and then adding another series, the better way would be to dynamically shift your series data. Try a google search for "...

Excel for dummies
I have the following two arrays A B 0.656762726 0.502636772 0.607062936 0.358819486 0.176421847 0.177496945 0.850282971 0.408820642 0.840389619 0.238850111 0.677780042 0.95826463 0.689123518 0.32826283 0.09339563 0.080583459 0.449812814 0.62147784 The covariance is 0.025759373 and the standard deviations are a: 0.269721719, b: 0.263401137. I would expect the correlation to be Cov(a,b) / (Stdev(a) * Stdev(b)) = 0.362578234 However, Excel calculates the correlation as 0.407900513. Please educate me. Thanks, Schiz Note that 0.407900513/0.362578234 = 1.125 And 9/8 = 1.125 Now look at the...

How do I get the lowest number in a row to turn red in Excel ?
Using Excel 2003. I can use the min function to find the lowest number in a row but how do I get the lowest number in a row (or column) to change colour so that it stands out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Select the whole range, I will assume you selected A2:Z2 with A2 as the active cell (that happens if you start from A2 when selecting). Do Format>conditional formatting, do formula is =A2=MIN($A$2:$Z$2) click the format button, select font and a red font, finally click OK twice -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Dynamic Cell Range #2
I want to use the index() function, but the size of my data continuousl changes. I'm pretty sure I'll have to use some variation of th indirect() function, but I'm not sure how to piece it all together. Say I have data in A1:B3. Then, I insert more data so the rang becomes A1:C5. How can I make it so that the array I reference expand or shrinks to encompass all occupied cells -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Sorting a range of cells that get value from other cells
I'm trying to sort a range of cells that get their value from the same worksheet but in a different section. ie: I have a list of names starting at A5:A25. On another part of the worksheet, I have cells that get their value from =A5, =A6 etc. I want to be able to sort the second area but every time I select sort, nothing happens to the data in the second area. I have searched through the functions looking for something that will let me use the "Contents" of the A5, A6 cells etc. in the area that I want to sort, but I haven't found anything yet. This whole proc...

Flowchart toolbars in Excel 07
I downloaded a MS template that allows for creating flowcharts; however, Excel 2007 does not show the two flowchart toolbars that the instructions say should be in the View menu. The instructions are: Two toolbars are available with this template to help you create flowcharts. To display these toolbars, point to Toolbars on the View menu, and then click Flow Shapes. Point to Toolbars on the View menu, and then click Flow Connectors. Perhaps these instructions are for an earlier version of Excel; if so, where would they be located in Excel 2007? Thanks -- MZ In Excel 20...

merge adjacent cell data
how do i merge a number of cells in a row so that the numbers in eac cell will be in that one merged cell? -- ROL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ROLG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1606 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27521 Hi you can't, but you can concatenate them into one cell and then delete the others =A1&B1&C1&D1 etc will string together the values in cells A1, B1, C1 & D1 you can then copy this cell, choose edit / paste special - values to ...

Cells won't convert to number format, even after format/cells/num.
In excel, I tried to convert numbers to number format, using format/cells/number from the category list. But it won't take, and stays text-like. Any ideas? If it turns out that you have spaces (or those non-breaking spaces), David McRitchie has some code that will help clean this junk up: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall (look for "Sub Trimall()") But after you format the cell as general, try selecting the cell, then hit F2, then enter. You have to make a change to the cell for the value to change from text to number. scottr wrote: > > In excel,...

vlookup is reporting 0 when I want it to show a blank cell

How to check whether a cell INCLUDES a given character string
What function would show whether a cell INCLUDES a given string, even if there are other characters in it? So, for example, if I am checking for the string "cat", I would like the function to be "TRUE" if, a for cells that includes the strings "tomcat" or "mousecat". Thanks again for your help! -- ModelerGirl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ModelerGirl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6364 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=507727 ...

Whacky Cell Number Calculation
When I enter a long string of numbers (Such as an account number) I en up with an exponential format such as 7.71412E+15... How do I turn this off?!?! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can format the cell with a custom format like 000000000000000 Note: Excel only supports 15 significant digits. If your account numbers consist of more digits (as your example indicates) store them as 'Text'. To do this either - format the cell prior to entering with the 'Text' format - enter your data with a leading apostrophe. e.g. '1234567890123456 -- Regards Fra...

Allow use of a control scroll bar in protected worksheet
Hi all, I have a control Scroll Bar in my worksheet (Excel 2003). I want to protect everything except the use of that scroll bar (let the possibility to scroll). I've tried to play with all the options in the Protect Sheet dialog box.... but when I click my scroll bar it doesn't want ! Any clue would be very apreciated. Thanks ! Marco Do you have a linked cell assigned to that scrollbar? If you do then that cell can't be locked on a protected worksheet. You could either unlock it or assign a linked cell on a different worksheet. Marco wrote: > > Hi all, > I have...

Specific cell values
Hi everyone, i need to acheive the following but i'm not sure how to do it. i have a cell (K49), the cell needs to collect specific data from a range ( D7:D32 ) on the same worksheet. it needs to look in the range and if the cell value is CNC, then add the figure form the same row in column E. Example: D E F glass £200 26 August 05 metal £650 26 August 05 wood £300 26 August 05 CNC £1000 ...

Automatically filling a cell from a worksheet based on a selection
I have an invoice form in which I would like to automatically insert the price based on the item selection in another cell. My data is a small table, 2 columns one for item, one for price. On my invoice for, I am able to select my item from a drop down box, now I would like to automatically fill the price column based on the item selection. What formula or function do I need to use. Use VLOOKUP() -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Pbrent" wrote: > I have an invoice form in which I would like to automatically insert the > price based on the item...