How do I undue column and row underlining?

I tried to use the underline feature in a workbook;I am using several
worksheets within the workbook.  When I chose the underline option in a
specific worksheet, excel underlined the following:

1. all the text in every worksheet in the workbook
2. the header titles in every worksheet in the workbook, and
3. the column lettering and row numbering.

Why does this occur?  How do I undue?
0
sirsoto (6)

First place I would look is under Format>Styles and see what style is being
used.

Modify if necessary.

Second place to look is under Tools>Options>General "Standard Font"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 12:24:01 -0800, "sirsoto"
<sirsoto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I tried to use the underline feature in a workbook;I am using several
>worksheets within the workbook.  When I chose the underline option in a
>specific worksheet, excel underlined the following:
>
>1. all the text in every worksheet in the workbook
>2. the header titles in every worksheet in the workbook, and
>3. the column lettering and row numbering.
>
>Why does this occur?  How do I undue?
0
Gord

Search multiple columns
I was try to get the rows that matches below criteria, to sheet 'Search' 'Test' in column F of Sheet 'Data' and 'Final' in column J of Sheet 'Data' and date less than 3 months which should be taken from column I Sheet 'Data' Can anyone help me on this please..? Use AdvancedFilter http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/advanced-filter.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Kash" <Kash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ED7D321-BBA4-4FF0-A13D-E258F2336CCD@microsoft.com... >I was try to get the rows...

Relating one column to another
Stupid newbie question coming up: Let's say that in column A I have a series (not sequential) of numbers. In column B I have a word that goes with that number. In column C, I have numbers, which represent the same words as the number in column a represents the word in column B. In other words, I have: Number Word Type: 1: Banana 2 2: Fruit 3: Sausage 4 4: Meat I want to end up with Number Word Type: 1: Banana Fruit 2: Fruit 3: Sausage Meat 4: M...

How to forbid querytable to insert new rows
Hello, All! I need to create many QueryTables, one below another. But when I insert the second one (from macros), the first QueryTable shifts to the right (because QueryTable inserts itself as a new column). What could I do to avoid this kind of its behavoir? -- With best regards, Alexey Korobkin. E-mail: _orobkin@src.samsung.ru One way is to use activesheet.cells.delete at the start you may also want to delete the many names that will ensue from each query. for each n in names if left(n.name,3)="Ext" then n.delete next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com &qu...

Print out is different from Print Preview for a Multi-Column report
I've created a multi-column report that prints labels in the first column of each page. Everything looks fine on the screen when I print preview. However when I print out the report, the labels do not print out on the first page but the rest of the pages are fine. Can anyone out there help me? The VBA code is below. Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer) Dim i As Integer If (Me.Left = 720 Or Me.Left = 1800) And Me.Page > Me.NewPage.Caption Then Me.NextRecord = False For i = 1 To 24 Me("b" &a...

undue merge and centre
I am trying to undue the "merge and centre" of my title. I would like to make the range smaller. Is this possible? Thank you. Format / Cells..... uncheck the merge option. Hit left Align and then redo it all with your desired range. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- &...

Hide rows or columns using +
I've never used this function before, and need to disable it within a sprdsht. What are the menu commands to invoke or de-invoke this? Thanks! Data-->Group and Outline, Clear Outline. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com <slingsh0t@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1120657567.837234.166860@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I've never used this function before, and need to disable it within a > sprdsht. What are the menu commands to invoke or de-invoke this? > Thanks! > Thanks, Anne! ...

Deleting more than 250 rows
In CRM 1.2 we could delete 100 accounts or whatever at a time, and now it's 250. Is it possible to change this to more, eventualy delete all found records ? Let's say another thing could be to create letters in word through mail merge to 3000 customers, it's a problem having to do this 250 at a time. Jack In the betas it was 500 but MS reduced it to 250. No supported way to increase this. I did some digging in the DB and 250 is stored there so may be possible to increase the count ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet...

Chart problem: values in column A doen't show on x-axis
The data in column A in the table I want to use for a chart contain numeric values: 2000 - 2001 - 2002 - ... In the chart these don't show as labels for the x-axis, but as a serie of data in the chart. Any way around this without changing all the values in coumn A int text -- digica ----------------------------------------------------------------------- digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1492 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49945 ...

auto Text to Columns
Hi All, I have two machines with Excel 2003 installed. On one when I open a .txt or a .csv file the data is automatically parsed to the columns. On the other machine when I do the same, I have to manually go to the "Text to Columns" command to parse the columns. Is there a setting somewhere to change the behaviour? I would like the parsing to be done automatically... if possible. Thanks in advance Steven Reid The first thing I'd check is the windows setting that specifies what the list separator is: I'd close excel windows start button|settings|control panel|region...

Money 2003
What is the column in the register that has the heading of a red exclamation mark? Some of my entries have an image of an envelope and a question mark in that column. What does this image mean? This is Money 2003 Deluxe running under Windows 2K. Thanks in advance. Mark See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=6 and http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=6. From online help: There are two icons that indicate different conditions for downloaded transactions: When you see ? in your account register, no match has been found for this downloaded transaction. It is marked as a possible new transaction. A ...

How do I set end-of-range to #rows from beginning
Specifically, I am creating a chart that will have a breadth (# data points) based on a variable (value of a cell). Start point is always the same. For instance, a table is created based on a formula. The chart should stop when values in the table reach a certain value, but this could be 20 or 200 datapoints (20-200 rows). I know how many datapoints should be included, but not how to terminate the graph based on this number. I would prefer to do this without VBA, as I am not particularly proficient, but will if the only way. Hi, It would be nice to see some sample data, with a...

Unhide a column among columns.
Hi, There are 10 columns which are hidden between two columns(A and X). I want to unhide only 1 or 2 columns without enabling(unhiding) remaing How can i do it. Thanks and regards mowrya.K.B.P. With the help of a Macro. The command look like this: Columns("E:G").EntireColumn.Hidden = False *** Check the VBA Help *** Micky "Mowrya" wrote: > Hi, > There are 10 columns which are hidden between two columns(A and X). I want > to unhide only 1 or 2 columns without enabling(unhiding) remaing How can i do > it. > Thanks and regards >...

Columns Problem
Hello Fellow Excel users, I have alittle problem which i hope somebody can point me in the right direction Picture my screen in excel Col A is a list of Names with Multiple entries for the same person Col B is a number ranging from 0 to 7 eg A B Joe Bloggs 1 Jim Smith 2 Joe Bloggs 4 Pete Smith 5 Jim Smith 4 What i want to create is another list where Col A is a list of names Just 1 entry per name Col B the sum of all entries for that persons name e...

How do I "grey out" a row in excel
I am looking for a way to "Grey Out" a row in an Excel tracking chart I am using. I did not want to use the text and fill colors if I did not need to. Thanx !! why not hide the row "KLJ" <KLJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61797FF3-7C60-4D8F-BD41-0D21FA372159@microsoft.com... > I am looking for a way to "Grey Out" a row in an Excel tracking chart I am > using. I did not want to use the text and fill colors if I did not need to. > > Thanx !! Maybe you could use Format|conditional formatting and change the color of the row...

Autosum column ignoring the negatives.
Hello all, I have a columnn of data with an autosum feature. Some of the entrie maybe negative, how do I autosum but do not include any negativ values. TIA -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =SUMIF(A:A,">0") HTH Jason Atlatna, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hello all, >I have a columnn of data with an autosum feature. Some of the entries >maybe negative, how do I autosum but do not include any negative >values. >TIA. > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > ...

Stacked Column on single column
Good day everybody, I would like to show four figures in one chart. I have use two-axes bar chart. Example, Expenses Sales Commission Royalty Product A 20 100 10 Product B 30 If you just plot the data you have posted as a stacked bar chart, Product A would have three items stacked on it, and Product B would have 1, because the other two have zero value. Is this what you want? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Julie wrote: > Good day ev...

Group Rows by Subtotal or Count
Have a report that has 97 rows and I want to "Subtotal" the Count of Rows to 30, so I would end up with three "groups" of 30 and one "group" of 7. However, all the group, sort, and totals are by field or names. Once I have them in Groups of 30, I want the Subtotal amount for that group. How do I create this Subtotal Count in the Field Footer of the Report? Thanks. Rskinner4 wrote: >Have a report that has 97 rows and I want to "Subtotal" the Count of Rows to >30, so I would end up with three "groups" of 30 and one "...

Combo Box
Hi, AFTER a user has choosen a row from a combo box, it appears that the combo box automatically display the first printable column. Is there a way to display someother column than the 1st printable column? Sometime I would like to print the 2nd or 3rd column. Is there a way to do this? -- Dennis Dennis wrote: > Hi, > > AFTER a user has choosen a row from a combo box, it appears that the > combo box automatically display the first printable column. > > Is there a way to display someother column than the 1st printable > column? Sometime I would...

Column Chart
Other than adding a text box, is there a way to add text in each column individually? Example: I have a chart showing several tasks and the their cost is listed as a data label (aligned: outsided end). I'd like to add the hours it takes to complete the task in the column, near the bottom. If this is not possible, any recommendations? Thank you! You can add data labels to the column, but you are already using data labels for this series. What I would do is add a line chart series to the chart, with appropriate data values, and apply the data labels to this series. Format the lin...

need to transpose 3 or 4 columns to one column
The matrix below represents what I need to do in Excel. I need to transpose the data from row 1 of C1, C2, C3 and C4 to rows 1-4 of C5 then repeat for each additional row of C1-C4. I think I might need a macro but I have no idea how to write it. Any help would be appreciated. My data set is too large to utilize cut and paste special. Thank you for your responses. Rufus C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 5 4 3 5 5 4 3 4 5 4 5 4 3 2 3 5 4 3 4 5 5 4 3 2 Rufus, If your example table is entered in cells A1:D4, enter this into cell E2, and copy down until it returns #REF ...

Show value with 2 condition in a column
Hi Expert, Example , I have this table Items Country Pric Banana USA $ 22 Banana Canada $ 2 Mango Canada $ 25 Orange France $ 2 Apple USA $ 33 Orange Canada $ 2 What is the formula to find a price by giving 2 condition of Items and country Thanks. Hi try something like the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =INDEX(C1:C100,MATCH(1,(A1:A100="Banana")*(B1:B100="USA"),0)) or try =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="Banana"),--(B1:B100="USA"),C1:C100) ...

Delete Columns
HI, I am new to this site and have tried to find my specific problem and have not been able too. I have an excel spreadsheet, that was previously created by others (no longer working here) We have been able to use the data and get the graphs out just fine. But when you go to delete a graph the format, fonts whatever are changing and cannot be fixed at all. NO matter what data you put in. I am trying to delete 3 columns and keep the other 13 in tact. but to no avail, I can get them deleted but I cannot keep the same column. mine are thin and colored. The ones I delete makes mine crowded togeth...

Downward column
Hi suppose that,my data set on column x and second row(x2),i want to move this column to desired row. For example: data position is x2 and expected position is x7644. I need to a macro, when run it then at first open the Box, and take me new row number, and finally, move data on column x to new row number. Would you please guide me? best regards Please note that, my data set on column x for example is x2: x570 and i want to move to new position x7644:x8214. i have many file and little time. thus i need to a macro that before explained. regards "climate" wrot...

How to use goal seek on column
Hi! I have a formula in cell C which is dependant on values in cell A and B. I use goal seek to adjust the value in cell A to meet the goal for C. This works perfectly. However I would like this to be performed on all rows in column C. Is this possible? Example: Column A Column B Column C 1 1 =A/B 5 3 =A/B .... ... =A/B An answer would be much appreciated! /Daniel Hi, Goal seek is designed to work on one cell at a time only. Why not show...

How do you password protect a single cell or column of cells
I am trying to password protect a column of single cells but it keeps protecting the whole work sheet can ant one help? Select all the column not to be protected; Use Format | Cells | protection and deselect the Lock box Now Tools | Protect | worksheet Does this give you what you want? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Kinnaird" <Kinnaird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D46DB91-B014-492A-94D8-24D5190CD154@microsoft.com... >I am trying to password protect a column of single cells bu...