How do I turn off the text to speech facility in Exccel?

I am trying to turn off the text to speech facility in Excel. Please help.
0
Boas (2)

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 01:29:26 -0700, "David Boas" <David
Boas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel.misc:

>I am trying to turn off the text to speech facility in Excel. Please help.

On the Speech toolbar, click Speak On Enter, the rightmost button. See
also Help: "Turn off speech playback" where it says:

  Turn off speech playback

  Do one of the following:

    To turn off all speech playback, click Stop Speaking on
    the Text To Speech toolbar.

    To turn on or off the option for the computer voice to
    read back your data after every entry, click Speak On Enter.

  Note: If you do not click Speak On Enter  to turn off the feature,
  the computer voice will continue to read your cell entries even if
  the toolbar is not visible.

--
Michael Bednarek   http://mbednarek.com/   "POST NO BILLS"
0

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

merging text without using a formula
I need to be able to merge two colums of text into one column without lossing the information and I'm not allowed to use a formula! This is an assignment and we are allowed to use any resource to find our answer. I hope someone can give me a hand. Thanks April Hey, go to the microsoft helper guy, and enter in "CONCATENATE" that should do it for you! It's not a formula it's a function ;) "April" wrote: > I need to be able to merge two colums of text into one column without lossing > the information and I'm not allowed to use a formula! T...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

How to set text wrapping in Excel using template?
I am trying to use excel for my reports - using template - certain columns contains variable length text - which i need to wrap - for print out the cell row height should get adjusted using text wrap alignment with fixed column width - how to do that? thanks Select the relevant cell(s). right click, click on Format Cells. go to Alignment, and tick Wrap text "suchi banerjee" wrote: > I am trying to use excel for my reports - using template - certain columns > contains variable length text - which i need to wrap - for print out the cell > row height should get adjuste...

Text in a Formula
Hi, I once knew how to add text to a formula, which I'd use to explain the formula rather than using cell comments. I can't for the life of me remember how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. James Hi James Try =Sum(A1:A100)+N("This adds the total Gross Amount") Change to suit. Regards Roger Govier James Hamilton wrote: > Hi, > > I once knew how to add text to a formula, which I'd use to explain the > formula rather than using cell comments. > > I can't for the life of me remember how to do this. > > Any help wou...

How do i convert numbers into text automatically in Excel?
I want to convert numbers into text i.e. 989 into "nine hundred and eighty nine" Is there a way to do in excel? Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dsmki wrote: > I want to convert numbers into text i.e. > > 989 into "nine hundred and eighty nine" > > Is there a way to do in excel? See http://www.barasch.com/excel/cCo11432.htm or http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm or http://asia.cnet.com/enterprise/apps/0,39035809,39191000,00 ..htm or search at google with words "...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Text box and parameter values
Whenever I create a text box and run it, the parameter value comes up. I am simply trying to add a field to me report without any calculations. I go to Expression builder and select the table and field and the parameter value always pops up, why? How do I fix this? What do you have in the Control Source property of this text box? If it refers to a field that is not in the RecordSource of the report, you will need to either: a) Use DLookup() to read the value from the other table. More details: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html b) Cha...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

Counting Text Values ?
How do I use worksheet functions to count the number of fields in a database that contain a specific text string, or include specific characters within a text string ? For example : Car Price Landcruiser 40 Landrover 30 Lada 10 Rolls 90 Lada 10 Landrover 30 I would like a cell to count the number of occurrences of 'Lada' in this table, and the answer should be 2. I tried using DCOUNT but it only works on numbers. I would also (ideally) like to be able to count all the cars that start with 'La', so the answer should be 5. Is thi...

Text on a toolbar
I know this is probably quite easy but. I'm looking for a tutorial or example on how to add text to the toolbar buttons. Thanks. How is this? http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/miscellaneous/article.php/c2517/ AliR. "Mark" <replytogroup@news.com> wrote in message news:I0Ird.100251$jq5.36846@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I know this is probably quite easy but. I'm looking for a tutorial or > example on how to add text to the toolbar buttons. > > Thanks. > > ...

Turn off Client message server side
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? Which message is this? On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote: >I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers >on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages >through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? > > ...

How turn turn off warnings
I have a form which contains a button to run an update query. When clicking the button, it warns of running an update query to which one must respond "Yes". Then it informs you that it is going to update x number of records to which one must again respond "Yes". I have used macros in the past to turn off and then back on these warnings, but lately I have tried to write the code instead of macros. What would be the code for this? For reference, this is what I have right now: Private Sub UpdateMPS_Button_Click() On Error GoTo Err_UpdateMPS_Button_Click Dim stDocN...

Text box question #2
I have a userform which I have linked to a spreadsheet. I need to know how to get the userform to clear textbox.1 once I hit the enter key I have it working but it clear this textbox. Also how do I get the userform to automatically refresh to show the updated titles in the other textboxes on this form. Thanks in advance Greg ...

User cannot open calendar appointments, highlight email text, or view emails in the preview pane
We have a 2003 domain and run Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2003 clients. One user has 3 strange problems. She cannot open calendar appointments (no error, just nothing happens), she cannot read the email contents in the preview pane and has top open the email fully to do so, and she cannot highlight text in the body of the email. It is not to do with the Outlook installation itself as we run a Citrix environment and she gets this problem when logged on to different servers. I have deleted and recreated her profile. Interestingly it seemed to sort the problem of opening meeting rooms tempo...

How To create silence using Speech API while converting text to speech
Hey Friends I want to convert text to speech with long pause in between and the text may vary.So I need to create a wav file with a long pause between words or in other words i wish to add silence to my wav file generated using speech api.I have tried with . and , but i need longer than that. Is it possible ? I have tried with spaces but of no use. Have you tried ... or ,,, HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "Vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:89a2f412.0402060437.1f9b1b45@posting.goog...

set text direction for multi-level category labels
Hi, I am using excel 2007 and have to build a bar chart comparing values in two years (years is first category) for a list of statements (statements are the second category - for each statement, there are 2 values, one for each year). No problem building the chart, but category labels are not as I wish... years appears horizontally - this is ok - but statements are 270 degrees rotated, and no command found to put them horizontally, too. Please let me know if there is a chance to resolve it! Thanks! does anyone have an answer to this, I'm having a problem getting text to run horizon...

import text in publisher
I am trying to import a Word 2000 table into Publisher 98 file using paste link so that the file is updatable. I get the message: an error occurred while attempting to import text. Putlisher is unable to successfully import the text. Can anyone help? Instead of importing the text, have you tried doing a copy and paste? (I don't have Pub 98 otherwise I'd try it myself before suggesting this.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "blantyreson" <blantyreson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69F04988-EA82-4863-B6D7-D1B94B0FA326@microsoft.com...

Converting excel to text file
Hi, I want to convert an excel file to a .prn file. Here I need to retain the column width of all the columns in the excel as it is. I could do that by changing the autoformat to None. But the issue is when i try to save it as .prn file, it wraps up the text in the .prn file. the maximum length it goes without wrapping in the notepad is 236 character size. I am not really sure how to convert it to a .prn file retain column width without the wrapping in the text file. any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks, Giri --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ How do y...

How to turn Off and On the pesky Office Assistant?
I want to try to live without the Office Assistant. How can I turn it off? If I find I must have it, how do I turn it back on? Thanks, tmb Right clck the office assistant and select Options. Options that are selected cause the office assistant to display, so the more options you deselect, the less times the little guy will show up. You will probably want to leave "REspond to F1 Key" selected (checked), so that you know you can always recall office assistant by pressing F1. Judy Freed "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MLfLb.219948$%h4.209554...

text boxes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I can't seem to find any basic instructions on text boxes in Word for Mac 2008. Help menu is no good, and on mactopia I can only find answers to a few tricky specific problems. Could someone please direct me to where I can find text box 101? Thanks. This is about as close as you'll get [Unless Jim G comes along with page references in his Dummies book :-)]. It's from the Word 2003 Help but there's little � if any � difference in 2004/2008: <http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP052381641033.aspx?pid=CH0634...

Outlook is running in the background. How do I turn it off?
Outlook is running in the bckground. Don't know why or how. How do I stop it? Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. (activesync, iTunes, etc.) 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire reminders. 6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan i...

Import HTML Form Data in Multiple Email (multiple text files)
PROBLEM: I have an HTML form on a webpage that submits (posts) the form data results to me via email. I now have hundreds of emails (.eml files from Windows Live Mail) in a folder on my desktop that contain newsletter signup data from people wanting to join my mailing list. These are names, email addresses, phone numbers, and some check box information. The data is in the body of the messages in the following format: Field 1: User Entry 1 Field 2: User Entry 2 Field 3: User Entry 3 SOLUTION NEEDED: I need a way to automate importation of the data from the text inside thes...