How do I turn off default tool bars?

Thanks for any help.
When I open Excel, the reviewing tool bar is always shown. I never use it,
and would like to not have it shown when I start Excel, so I don't have to
waste time every time and close it. Is there a way to tell Excel that I don't
want it open automatically when I start Excel? I looked in Tools>Customize
and Tools>Options but couldn't find anything. Thanks

0
IanElliott (19)

If you close the Reviewing toolbar and shutdown Excel, upon restarting Excel
it should not appear.  That is, unless your have a workbook opening
automatically with Excel (like a startup template [BOOK.XLT] or Personal.xls
in your XLSTART folder) that has at sometime been sent 'for review'.

When a workbook is sent 'for review' special custom file properties are
added to it to trigger the reviewing toolbar.  If you remove these
properties (File, Properties, Custom) and save the workbook the workbook
should no longer trigger the reviewing toolbar.

--
Jim
"Ian Elliott" <IanElliott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Thanks for any help.
| When I open Excel, the reviewing tool bar is always shown. I never use it,
| and would like to not have it shown when I start Excel, so I don't have to
| waste time every time and close it. Is there a way to tell Excel that I
don't
| want it open automatically when I start Excel? I looked in Tools>Customize
| and Tools>Options but couldn't find anything. Thanks

0
jrrech (1933)

Default picture frame size
I want to set a default picture frame size, but the "Apply settings to new objects" checkbox in the format picture option is greyed out On 27 Apr 2004 11:11, Rachel <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to set a default picture frame size, but the "Apply settings to >new objects" checkbox in the format picture option is greyed out You can't do that with picture frames. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. So if I wan...

How to reset and reinstall default websites (RWW,OWA,OMA,etc..)
I have some problems on a SBS2003 R2 Standard Edition that I need to manage. I want to enable to users OWA and RWW but trying to connect at websites I receive an error from IE : "Unable to connect to page" (url:res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff.htm#) Only "companyweb" work. Thinking at some dns issue, I tried to connect using the numerical ip (http://192.168.1.250/exchange) without results. Considered that the internal websites (companyweb included) was never used, is there a way to reset all and to restore the original configuration ? Thank you for sup...

MSSQL2008: Configuration Documenter Tool available ?
Hello guys, does any know if there is a tool to automatically document MSSQL 2008 configuration's important elements to a HTML file ? thanks in advance Sven ...

How to turn off NDRs that are being bounced back to the Internet
We are running into a major issue where spammers are dumping ten's of thousands of messages into are Exchange system daily which are to recipients who do not exist in the global address list. The IMS/bridgehead server attempts to bounce these messages back to their originating point, but, as is typical with this type of junk, the mail hosts are either fictitious or unwilling/unable to accept the bounced messages. Rather than wasting time, effort, network resources, etc. on these messages, is there a way to configure the IMS/bridgehead server to just delete these messages and not...

Turning off whole word selection in Excel 2007
I want to turn OFF whole word selection in Excel 2007. I found the setting in Word and powerpoint, I even found the Application parameter in VBA. I can't find it in Excel. Does anyone know how to do this? ...

IMAP FOLDERS missing from tools menu in Office 2007
Hi I have set up my work email account on Outlook on my home laptop. 1st prob - During the setup it automatically was set to download all emails from the server to my laptop!!! So I now do not have my inbox on webmail, or outlook at work due to the mails no longer living on the server. I have deselected that option! 2nd prob - I have many subfolders in my inbox - I know that to see them I need to subscribe to IMAP folders - but the option to do that is missing from the Tools menu - What can I do? In theory, once I have enabled this - I can move all items from my inbox on my home lap...

Detect Default namespace (Unkown)
I am trying to parse out an XMl file and have it all working except there are occasions whe the default namesapce will change and i need to account for it. The namespace can be xmlns="http://data.usgs.gov/mag/1.0" or xmlns="http://data.usgs.gov/mag/2.0" or xmlns="http://data.usgs.gov/dec/2.8" These are examples and there could be many more.The data is more or less in the same format as far as nodes and node names but how do I account for the various namespaces. I will not know these ahead of time so was hoping there was a way to parse these out of the h...

DEFAULT EMAIL ACCOUNT QUESTION
Is it possible not to select a default email account so that each time, the computer asks which account to send an email with? In other words, can you not have any account set as default? Thank you. No, a default account is required for Outlook to process mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, its_my_dime asked: | Is it possible not to select a default email account so that each | time, the computer asks which...

Need to turn an excel file into a CSV in batch mode
I need to be able to take an excel file, and convert that file into a CSV file without going into excel. I want to do it in a batch format. The main reason for this is a problem that shows up in SQLServer. When you try and take an xcel file and import the data into SQLServer using DTS, the Driver looks at the majority of the data in a column. If it finds more numbers than character data, it loads that data as numbers. All the character data is imported as NULLs... which doesn't help. I lose some of my data. SQL Server will import the data properly using a CSV file ...

Scroll Bar Control
I need a way where I can control a macro to control some scroll bar. I'll have about 10 - 15 scroll bar. There will be a main scroll bar. When I move the main scroll bar the rest of the scroll bar should move according to the main one. If the main one is at 80, then the rest should be at 80. For the rest of the scroll bar, I should be able to adjust them different. For example, if I move the main scroll bar to 80, the rest will move to 80. Then I would probably amend scroll bar 2 to 75, scroll bar 5 to 85 and so on. Is there a way I can do that? Assuming your scroll ba...

Custom number format always defaults last number to 0.
I am trying to format cells to input credit card numbers in Excell 2000. When I set up a custom number format for four sets of four numbers (####-####-####-####) the result always changes the last number to a 0. How do I overcome that? Excel only lets 15 digits be used in numbers To have the 16th number most people use text. "scubadave" wrote: > I am trying to format cells to input credit card numbers in Excell 2000. > When I set up a custom number format for four sets of four numbers > (####-####-####-####) the result always changes the last number to a 0. How...

What file keeps Excel's Default settings is it normal.dot
Is Excel similar to Word that many of a person's preferences are stored in the file normal.dot? If not where would I find the prefernces stored. Can I delete the file as I do in Word as a test? Thanks Alex The preferences are stored in a template named book.xlt in the XLStart directory. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Alex S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3f0801c3aab6$04c84770$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is Excel similar to Word that many of a person's > preferences are stored in the file normal...

XmlNamespaceManager, default namespaces, nested qualified namespace, xpath problem.
Hi, I can't for the life of me get this to work properly. I've searched for examples, but none of the examples quite match my environment. Here is my XML (please treat this as immutable -- no solutions involving altering the XML are good for me): ---- config.xml ---- <Configuration xmlns="urn:server:schemas:configuration" xmlns:f="urn:server:schemas:faq"> <version version="0.0.0001"> <f:faq> <f:section>Default</f:section> <f:item> <f:q>What is the mean...

Getting "default" value from table
I have four tables, Vehicle Entries, Jobs and Parts Used and Parts. These tables are connected with one to many relationship in the order they are written (i.e. one entry has many jobs, for one job many parts are used etc). In the parts table I store the Part ID, Description and Price. In the parts used table I store an ID, PartID and Price. I've created a form with all the elements of the parts used table. What I want to do, is when I select a Part ID, I want the price corresponding to the specific part (from parts table) to be written automatically in the price field of the parts u...

turn text upside down
I develop a fingerprint application on pocket pc and I need to display message during the capture process. So for now I use an edit box but I would like to make a rotation of 180 � to make the message readable by the people whom I capture the fingerprint. Should I just make a rotation of the graphic display, I mean just of the edit box area or is there any other mean ? I don't know about using an edit control to display text at an angle, but you can use a static control to do that. Do a search in MSDN or VC++ Help for "Rotating Lines of text." It basically comes down to rota...

Using years as text in a bar chart
I have a simple two column sheet with with a series of years (1988-2003) in one column and amounts in the second column. I've formatting the cells in the years column as text. Yet when I attempt to create a bar chart, the chart still treats the years as numbers, i.e, 1988 as if it were the number 1,988. If I put in the names of something in that column (say car models as an experiment - all letters, no numerals), the chart comes out as intended. I must be missing something simple here when formatting the cells, but I haven't found it yet. Thanks! PD --- Message posted from h...

how to combine a vertical line chart into a bar chart?
i need help in combiing this 2 types of chart for my project can anyone help me plesae Can you use a column chart instead of a bar chart -- BlueDaz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BlueDaze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2746 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56930 Hi, You need to create the line using the chart type XY Scatter rather than Line. There are some examples here. http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy e4ella wrote: > i need help ...

How do you write a T with a bar on it?
How do you write the notation for an average value? Sth like T with a bar on it. How do you get the bar on the T? sheezyspearean, 1) Find a font that has the character you want. 2) Create your own font using any of the many utilities available. 3) Fudge it by using cells from two rows - the one above with the Underscore character, and the one below with the T. Make the heights of the rows so that they print without appearing to be two rows. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "sheezyspearean" <sheezyspearean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ED006E7-D86B-4EF0-865D...

Turning Off Tracking Token and Keeping it Off
Last week, I turned off the CRM E-mail Tracking Token in Settings: Organization Settings: System Settings: E-Mail Tracking. Emails were manually added to CRM by users and the tracking token remained absent. This was exactly what we wanted. Today, the Tracking Token turned itself back on. After several attempts, it continues to turn itself back on immediately after I save the new setting. Anyone got an idea what may be the problem? Hi James, Just wondering, did you take out the rule that you deployed to the user's mailbox? Darren Liu Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Aug 9, 10:...

Office 2003 tools document scanning
Windows xp pro sp3 & office 2003 sp3 with HP all-in-one deskjet F4180. When trying to scan, both Office tools, Document scanning and Documnet imaging state "no compatible scanner found". Word and Excel insert picture funtion works fine with above setup. Note: (Have a double boot using Windows Multi media 2005 sp3 and offfice 2003 sp3 which works fine with the Hp f4180.) ...

How to customize IE8 title bar with XP?
What is the registry key to customize the IE8 title bar running XP? Microsoft KB article covers IE only up to 6. Thanks Scott Los Angeles Hi, That article is still correct. It's the same registry key and String Value in XP and Vista (and probably Windows 7.) ;-) 176497 - How to Change the Internet Explorer Window Title http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=176497 Hope this helps, Don [MS MVP- IE] "Scott" <Scott@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OPL$A27kKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > What is the registry key to customize the...

Default Wanted -- Plain Text
I'm using Outlook 2000. It currently displays emails as HTML when the sender has used HTML. I subscribe to several listserves. I want to stop receiving HTML mail frm the lists. I want to receive plain text only. How do I do that? <*((((><{ Fishy@Ocean.Net Change your message reading format to plain text. You will not read any email in html. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click Preferences. Click E-mail Options, and then select the Read all standard mail in plain text check box. If you just want to change only the lists format, contact the lists and request ...

2004 Spelling tool does not add words to custom dictionary
Office 2004's spelling tool has stopped adding words to the custom dictionary. The "Add" button is grayed out. Otherwise, the spelling tool and my custom dictionary work fine in the several programs of Office 2004. Your counsel, please? Respectfully, Norm Problem solved. The alias to my custom dictionary apparently became corrupted or broken when I ran a cache cleaner. A new alias fixed it. Norm On 2/16/05 12:00 PM, in article BE38E664.9777%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Offi...

Rolling up Gantt bars to "Group by" summaries
Can the Gantt bars for each activity in a "Group by" group be rolled up to the overall Group summary bar? The Group By Summary bars look just like the ones for Summary activities, but bars do not roll up there. Has anyone seen a native or a programmed way to do that roll up? An important view for my project shows the activities to which each of a set of (non-multitasking) resources are assigned. I can show it doing a "Group by" Resource Names and filtering for the resources that I am interested in, and it would be great if I were able to show it as just one r...

User Defined config section "You must implement a default accessor on System.Configuration.ConfigurationLockCollection because it inherits from ICollection."
""You must implement a default accessor on System.Configuration.ConfigurationLockCollection because it inherits from ICollection."" Hello All, I am having my app.config file like : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <configSections> <section name="PredefinedClusters" type="BinaryChecker.ClusterSection,BinaryChecker"/> </configSections> <PredefinedClusters> <Cluster name="Portal"> <Environments> <Env name="a...