How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?

I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized
that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
0
Manager (20)

A lot depends on how you've laid out the data.  Instead of tracking
whole days, can you track hours?  8 for a full day, 4 for a half day,
etc.

0
CycleZen (674)

I've downloaded templates, but I'm not able to edit them.
I've downloaded the trial version of Publisher 2007, but when I download templates, I am unable to edit them. What is the problem? Can you explain "unable to edit them"? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Hayley" <Hayley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093CF9B6-BB63-46F8-A673-E87EF0172107@microsoft.com... > I've downloaded the trial version of Publisher 2007, but when I download > templates, I am unable to edit them. What is the problem? ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Excel web template
When using the option to save an excel file with multiple sheets, I elect to "save as a webpage". Works great and looks good with some formatting editing in the file. But I am curious, when "saving to a webpage", is there a way to get Excel to use a template file? For instance, a webpage already setup with the background color and other things. Seems like it should be able to get done, but I could not find anything! Thanks much. Mark: I believe that would require some VBA. The only alternative I can think of, but did not test... Save Excel as HTML, then open that html ...

Updating a document's margins when it's template changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I know how to cause template changes to be applied to existing docs using Tools->Templates and Add-ins. However, while this seems to work for style changes, it doesn't work for margin changes. <br> How can I easily update a document's margins to match those of its template ? You can't. Word makes no further reference to a template following document creation. The margins set in the template define the margins for the document at the point of document creation. The margins of a...

Adding days to a date
Hi, I have a cell with a date stored in it. I want to know if I can us a formula to add 2 days to the stored date and display it in anothe cell. So if cell B2 stores "June 2", I want to store "June 4" in C2 b adding 2 days to the date in B2. Thanks for your help! R -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, As long as the date in B2 is a true date, you can use the following formula: =B2+2 Hope this helps! In article <Edge118.17bxpk@excelforum-nospam.com>, Edge118 <<Edge118.17bxpk@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > Hi, > > I...

Catalog Templates for 8.5 x 11 Catalogs
I am looking for a predesigned template not a blank page for an 8.5" x 11" catalog. I am new to Publisher so perhaps I am missing something. Your help would be appreciated. -- scooter In Publisher 2003, File, new, Publication for Print, scroll down to catalog, choose a template. In print setup select 11x17 (tabloid), in page setup select booklet. Publisher will ask you for adjustment. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "scooter" <scooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98C5D...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

track Shipment
Is it possible to set up the Track Shipment so when you click on TRACK it is automatically bring up a browser with the tracking information? For UPS what will be the URL to set up? ...

NEWSLETTER TEMPLATE
I need to find out how to add a page to the Word newsletter template after I've already set the page number and started creating the document. Assuming you are in Publishing Layout view, the Insert menu should offer New Page and Duplicate Page. What do you mean by "set the page number"? What does that have to do with this? Gwen_Hernandez@officeformac.com wrote: > I need to find out how to add a page to the Word newsletter template after I've already set the page number and started creating the document. > No, actually I work on an Apple Mac Mini and Publisher i...

Word template wont turn off of all caps
All, I have a word template that wont turn off from caps. In the formatting it isn't set to all caps. Is there anywhere else that can be set? This is driving me nuts. thanks Martin What do you mean by "in the formatting"? Templates don't have formatting, only the styles in them. Is the style of the empty paragraph you see when you start a New document (most likely Normal) set to All Caps? If it is, you'll see capitals almost everywhere, because most styles are "based on" Normal. Just Modify the Normal (or whichever) style to put it back...

how to hide design and general templates tab
Can anyone tell me how to hide Design and General Templates tab in new presentation dialog in powerpoint? ...

include Company logo in email template
I would like to include my company logo in email template? How can i do it? I am using Microsoft CRM 3.0. The image needs to be available via a publicly accessible internet address. (Such as http://www.mycompany.com/images/logo.gif) Open the image in IE at the public address, and Copy it from there, then paste it into your template. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "madhavi k" wrote: > I would like to include my company logo in email template? How can i do it? I > am using Microsoft CRM 3.0. Doesn't work... I have tried but still the url comes in th...

Need template for setting up a non profit prof. organization.
We are setting up a not for profit 501c6 corportation. Was wondering if anyone had Articles of Incorportation, By law templates or anything helpful. Thanks. try nolo.com or legalzoom.com you'll not need Publisher for this kinda stuff...Word will be all you need. also check with your local Corporation Commission sometimes they have templates...but I'd also recommend (by experience) that you should have a good accountant help you --- a lot of this stuff is not translatable into normal human english :-) "Miss Congeniality" <Miss Congeniality@discussions.microsoft...

Problem in message tracking center
when i use message tracking center to search some e-mail in our exchange 2003 server,i find that some e-mail cann't to be in the search result.For example,I sent 3 email to my stuff,and he received all. Then i tracked them in the message tracking center ,only the first email could be tracked. Thanks for ang reply! ...

Analysing time and days patterns in a chart
Hi there What do you think would be best chart format to analyse some data that consists of: Date of Call out Day of call out Time Of Call out Call out Reference I am trying to see if there is any pattern in the days & times of call outs to improve rosters. Basically I want the time of callout & day of week mapped across dates/months to see any trends. For example if Fridays at 1am are a recurring callout time (after the pub!) or every other Friday etc. Do yo uthink Pivot tabe and charts is relevant or can normal chart provide me with the results? Many thanks I have the sam...

Tracking of Birthdays in CONTACTS
In my contacts, I also key in their birthdays. How to make Microsoft Outlook tracks and alert me of Contacts' birthdays? outlook should create the appointments when you save the contact. if it doesn't try http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod05.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

can I track IRA contributions?
I have several mutual fund accounts set up as retirement accounts, and periodically buy shares in them as a monthly IRA contribution from my checking account. Is there any way I can get a report at the end of the year of all my IRA contributions for the previous year? You would think that by running Reports->Taxes->Tax Related Transactions that they would show up, but no such luck. The category of each transaction in my checking account is Buy Investment/CD which generates an activity of "Buy" in the investment transactions of the mutual fund account. I'm still on ...

tracking total portfolio value
How do you track the total value of a portfolio or investment account over time, on a daily basis? I want to be able to get a line chart of my portfolio value. I have dug through all of the reports and tried to create custom ones, but all I have been able to get is a line chart of monthly values, not daily. I know that the daily total is stored, because on the investing home page it shows the total value for 30 days ago. For instance, today it is showing the value for 7/28/07. ...

e-mail template -can i add attatchment?
Hello, I would like to make an email template that includes an attatchment that goes with the email everytime. I can't seem to see a place to attatch. Am I really missing something? Thanks, Matt ...

Calculate buisness days rather than calendar days
Hi Everybody - I have a quick question. I have a field in a query that gives me the previous day using: Issue Date: Date()-1 The issue date is always supposed to be the previous buisness day. The formula that I have now gives me the previous calendar day. This is no good for Monday, since I get Sunday's date. I tried a couple of things with no success, like playing with Weekday and anything else I could find in the builder that looked like it could help. How can I get my field to populate the previous buisness day's date? I was using Date() since it gave me the mm/dd/yyyy...