how do I tabulate data in excel 2003

I need to tabulate some data from 500 surveys with 30 questions. How do I do
that?

On May 13, 11:36=A0am, Becky <Be...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I need to tabulate some data from 500 surveys with 30 questions. How do I=
 do
> that?

How is your data organized?
0
Reeza
5/13/2010 10:12:31 PM
You start by pretending we cannot see your worksheet and its layout.

Then you provide some details.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 13 May 2010 11:36:01 -0700, Becky <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I need to tabulate some data from 500 surveys with 30 questions. How do I do
>that?

0
Gord

Help: AutoFilter not 'hiding' data from other formulas
I'm using AutoFilter on a columns of personal data for which I've set up other calculations (averages, percentiles, etc). I was hoping that if I filtered, say, just for women, then the other calcualtions would reflect only the women's data, but they still seem to reflect the whole column of data, including data that's hidden by AutoFilter. Is there any easy way to fix this? Thanks! Andrew Do you mean that you have some SUM( ... ) formulae which do not change to reflect only the displayed values? If so, you should change these to SUBTOTAL(9, ... ). Hope this helps. Pete C...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Outlook 2003

graphing data
What is necessary to graph the number(s) in cell(s) when the number in that cell(s) is/are generated from a formula in those cells? -- mikaman Graph them in exactly the same way that would have done if the numbers had been typed into the cells. -- David Biddulph "mikaman" <mikaman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A6F240E-44F3-4636-8F2F-6DE39722D0EE@microsoft.com... > What is necessary to graph the number(s) in cell(s) when the number in > that > cell(s) is/are generated from a formula in those cells? > -- > mikaman ...

Copy filtered data
Let's say I have data in A1:Gxx. Now I use Autofilter to find all rows which has a "2" in column C. Let's say it leaves rows 1:4 and 8:10. Now I want to copy the filtered data in columns F:G and paste the values (not to an empty range which is easy) but to the same cells in colums D:E. Any help? Hans Knudsen Try Advanced Filter, excellent tutorial here from Debra Dalgeish, owner of the site, http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ApplyAF Regards, Alan. "Hans Knudsen" <Hans.Knudsen@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message news:%23xtVdlR8FHA.740@TK2MSFTNG...

Excel Crash

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

how to divide a numbers in a table of data by 1,000, all at once
I've noticed in some spreadsheets that numbers are displayed as rounded...i.e. so that one isn't looking at 1,403,333 + 2,333,999 etc. but rather 1403 + 2334, etc. with a note at the top that says "000's". In one step, how can I edit all the numbers in a table so that they show to the nearest 10,000 (i.e. 1403 +2334), without dividing them one by one by 1,000? Or, to go at it from another angle, how do I divide each # by 1,000? The ROUND feature requires that I create a new table. Not exactly what I'm looking for. Enter 1000 in an unused cell. ...

Excel Cells Contents to HTML Pages

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

copying data
Getting errors when copying data from workbook to workbook. Shutdown and restart allows without errors. ...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Excel ignores boot-time regional settings when interpreting a date
I have a third party DDE app that exports dates as strings, correctly using the short date format in the regional and language settings, which, in my case is MM/DD/YYYY (reset at every boot). Unfortunately excel insists in interpreting that date as DD/MM/YYYY [Application.International(xlDateOrder)=1, it should be 0], disregarding my regional settings. The result is that all the dates are wrong or #VALUES! If this is not wierd enough, listen to this: it only happens after I reboot (when the date format is reset to MM/DD/YYYY). If subsequently I change the short date format in the regional se...