How do I subtotal pages in Excel?

I want to subtotal a column per page in Excel 2000, however the page may vary
as I add and delete records.   Can anyone help me?
0
lshivvers (1)

Shouldn't be a problem as XL will automatically adjust it's total
formula as you add and delete.
I'm assuming you are putting in a sum formula ("=sum( cell1:cell2)").

--
Regards;
Rob
"lshivvers" <lshivvers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to subtotal a column per page in Excel 2000, however the page
may vary
> as I add and delete records.   Can anyone help me?

0
NotLikely (282)
10/24/2004 6:06:09 PM
Data/subtotals dialog has a checkbox for page breaks between totals

"lshivvers" <lshivvers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to subtotal a column per page in Excel 2000, however the page may
>vary
> as I add and delete records.   Can anyone help me?

Convert excel to HTML
Hi, Can you pls. help How to convert excel to HTML and use pivots in HTML? Chris ...

Moving curesor in excel a set number of coulumns to the right or l
In excel 2003 I want to move the cursor a set number of columns to the right or left a set number of columns. Tab does not work for what I need. I want the active cell to move x number of columns over to the righ tor left. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "JPD" <JPD@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A234A0DB-96CB-404B-AF45-5FDDF5B5DCD0@microsoft.com... > In excel 2003 I want to move the cursor a set number of columns to the right > or left a set number of columns. Tab does not work for what I need. I want > the ...

Excel 2007 crashes on exit
Hi there, On two different machines, both running Vista Business and Office 2007, Excel crashes when exiting if there is a workbook. When first closing all workbooks and exiting, there is no crash. Eventlog shows the following entry: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 19/02/2007 20:48:28 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: HERMES.dataworx.local Description: Faulting application EXCEL.EXE, version 12.0.4518.1014, time stamp 0x45428263, faulting module OLEAUT32.dll, versi...

Mobile Express CRM4.0
Installed Mobile Express for CRM4.0. Customized & published the entity, but we are getting a "Page cannot be found error" at https://<CRM_server>/m. There is not a lot to configure so we are at a loss to explain why in our IFD environment we get this error (both internally as externally. Anyone else has this problem or better yet, figured this one out? Thanks, Hi Henricus, I installed it on my machine and it's working just fine, from where you are trying to call the url ? locally or remotely ? using IP address or dns name? -- Regards, Karim Mohamed "...

How to lookup data in Excel?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet for which I need a certain value in a column (D) based on the value in three previos coulumns (A,B,C), i.e. Column A ColumnB ColumnC Sydney Los Angeles Express Sydney Los Angeles Deferred Sydney Dallas Deferred Hong Kong New York Express Taipei San Francisco Express Taipei Los Angeles Deferred Tokyo Los Angeles Express Manila Dallas Express Column D 3 5 5 1 2 4 5 2 So if the value of A is Sydney, B is Los Angeles and C is Express, column D should have a formula that give the value of 3. The value for column D it will be pulling of a second sheet which...

Redesigning OWA page
Hi, I wish to redesign the whole OWA page so that it looks like below : https://webmail.wipro.com I need to know if i want to create right from "blank" logon.asp file then what minimum parameters i need to supply ? e,g,: Username, password, etc... is there a document which tells me how to start from blank logon.asp page and what parameters to key inside? thanks, On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:03:02 -0700, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I wish to redesign the whole OWA page so that it looks like below : > >https://webmail.wipro...

Using Vlookup in Excel
Is there a way to have a lookup value displayed when you starting typing the first couple of letters of the value in the box? Also, I would like to have a calendar in a drop-down to select a date by simply clicking on the date. Can this be done in excel? Tools>Autocorrect options -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "JimD" <JimD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88D6FB87-5B00-4B83-95E9-153872A038DC@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have a lookup value displayed when you starting typing > the > first couple of letters of the value in the box? >...

excel save as *.prn
I work with Windows 2000 and office 2000. When I want to save as, I don't have the choice *.prn in file type. File>Print>Print to File. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "lmartinbdg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a7f01c39717$bdc879a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I work with Windows 2000 and office 2000. > When I want to save as, I don't have the choice *.prn in > file type. I don't think that this'll do what the OP wants. This includes all the formatting codes that would get sent to ...

Rotate Excel Sheet
I am creating a planner and I have entered in all kinds of data but I now want to change the orientation by rotating the entire sheet counter clockwise and then rotate the text clockwise to be readable. I can only find how to rotate the text/data but not the sheet. I'm running 2002 software from the neanderthal era. any hints. I'm guessing it can't be done as I have not found anything related to this on any discussion pages thus far. -- Thank you for you help, Michael NoNOTooMuch Hi Michael Copy the data from your existing sheet. Move to another sheet>Paste Special>Tra...

Subtotals by page
Is there any way of getting excel to generate subtotals by page? these should update automatically when pagination changes. ...

Changing how Excel INTERPRETS dates
Anybody know how to change the way Excel interprets dates? For the lif of me I can't remember. I don't just mean reformatting a cell. I mean if one would typ "8/11/04" Excel would read this as November 08, 2004 and not August 11 2004. Any hope would be much appreciated, Dav -- dgreenfiel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dgreenfield's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1629 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27689 Hi this is defined in your Windows - Region...

Filtering Rows in Excel?
Hi I have a colleague who wishes to filter across a row and not a column. As I understand it the filter functions on Excel are specific to columns. Any suggestions appreciated. Peter You could Transpose to Columns. If you have fewer than 256 rows to filter in this manner, you could: Copy the range to filter. Go to a new sheet. Edit | Paste Special | Transpose Then, you will have Columns instead of rows, and you can use the AutoFilter. tj "Peter W" wrote: > Hi > I have a colleague who wishes to filter across a row and not a column. > > As I understand it the fil...

Filter Subtotal
Is it possible to filter out a subtotal row? If I have a matrix as follows, is there a way to remove the Subtotal3 row/line? Total Labor 75.00 Overhead 50.00 Subtotal1 125.00 Training 50.00 Travel 50.00 Subtotal2 100.00 G&A 75.00 Subtotal3 75.00 <<---remove? Total All 300.00 Hopefully this came out right, sorry if it did not. Is there a way to attach an image? You can do the row visibiliy to false, You need to have an appropriate expression set he...

Copy complete page
Hi, I'd like to copy complete pages, inclusive all page settings, within a Visio file. Same (copy (or move) complete pages, inclusive ...) from one drawing to another. Go ... or no go? What is the command? -- Mvg, Frans check this out, http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/ al "F.H. van Zelm" <fhvzelm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%239MRHktSHHA.412@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'd like to copy complete pages, inclusive all page settings, within a > Visio file. > > Same (copy (or move) complete pages, inclusive ...) from one ...

Excel Statistical Accuracy?
We have been told that Excel statistics calculations can be inaccurate. While that may be true for precise leading edge scientific work is it also true for college engineering students learning undergraduate statistical analysis? Thanks for any enlightenment, WDA ballensr@adelphia.net end ---------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 496 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now! W. D. Allen Sr. wrote... >We have been told that Excel statist...

IE8 Cancel page loading problems: Win7
Often, when a site is slow in loading, I try to cancel loading the page. This feature of IE8 doesn't seem to respond and seems to lock-up the browser. After waitng 20 seconds, I usually have to stop IE8 through the Task Mgr and restart the browser. I'm not running any 3rd party toolbars and my anti-virus is MS Security Essentials. This happens on both my machines: Win7 Home Premium 32-bit, Intel dual-core, Dell 9100 Win7 Home Premium 64-bit, Intel quad-core, HP p6240f Can your car come to a complete stop from high speed as soon as you hit the brakes? Is takes time f...

Bookmark a section of the page for email
I am creating an email newsletter from publisher. I tried to create a link to jump to a section of the page. I got it to work through HTML Code Fragment, but when I go to send it as an email it comes up as code, no link. I also tried creating a hyper-link but it would only bookmark a page not a section. I am at a lost. Is any one else having the same problem? Can this be done? ...

Clip art in Excel 2007
Hello, I have two clip arts in my Excel 2007 one is check mark and the another is a "X" in a particular cell I would display the text "Balance", which I like to have the check mark clip art appear. If the same cell has the text "Not Balance" then I want to show the clip art with the "X" and the clip art with the check mark disappear. Is this possible? I would appreciate any tips. Thank you in advance. If you want check to appear when text in cell a1=balance and x when text reads no balance try this in B1 =IF(A1="balance...

invalid page fault
I get the following error when trying to open outlook Can anyone help? OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module OLE32.DLL at 017f:7ff42b66. Registers: EAX=00400a94 CS=017f EIP=7ff42b66 EFLGS=00010212 EBX=0056e954 SS=0187 ESP=0056e918 EBP=0056e930 ECX=3fffff48 DS=0187 ESI=00401132 FS=4867 EDX=ffffffe0 ES=0187 EDI=00501000 GS=485e Bytes at CS:EIP: f3 a5 8b ca 83 e1 03 f3 a4 8b 45 08 8b 50 14 ff Stack dump: bff76e1b 00500d40 004014b8 004014c4 004014d0 ffffffe0 0056e960 30d0f73b 004014b8 00500d40 ffffffe0 0056e954 00000000 00ff122c 0069038c 00000000 ...

Can Excel do this?
Excel formulas are not my strong suit as I don't work with them often. Is Excel capable of using a formula to push a value into another cell? For instance, can A1 have a formula that says if B1 = 1 then C1 = "stuff"? I cannot use macros. I'd prefer not to use a "pull" type scenario where C1 also needs a formula to check if A1 is true or not. Basically, I don't want to A1 to reference any other cells but B1 or C1 and I don't want B1 or C1 to reference anything but themselves. If Excel cannot handle this specific task, just let me know and I'll move ...

Page Header to show on 3rd page of reprt
I have created a report that has a sub report in a header of the main report. I would like the page header to show only at the end of the sub report records. I have set the page header property of the main report to "Not with Rpt Hdr". With this the page header starts on second page. How can I get the page header to start on 3rd or 4th page? Any suggestions on if this can be done, or how to get it done? Thanks in advance for your help. Nats On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 07:46:13 -0700, Natalie wrote: > I have created a report that has a sub report in a header of the main report....

Hyperlinks are not maintained when exporting from Excel to PDF
Office XP Pro, Windows XP Pro, Acrobat 7 Pro I've looked in every dialog box there is for Excel, Acrobat, Distiller, AcrobatPDF Maker, no settings regarding maintaining hyperlinks. I cannot get hyperlinks to work in the exported PDF document. Recreating them by hand is not an option. I should add that I am attaching a hyperlink to an imported JPG image. It works fine in Excel 2003 - I'm linking to a PDF document that is stored on our webserver with a fully-qualified http:// URL. When I export to PDF, the JPG thumbnails have no link, and when I choose (In Acrobat Pro 7) 'Adv...

Subtotals?
On the Account List page I wish there were sub-totals under Favorite Accounts and Other Accounts. Anyone know of a setting or hack to do this? Future functionality? ...

How do I create a 4 page brochure
I want to create a simple Bi-Fold or Tri-Fold brochure There are templates available. Are you having a problem? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "EWGMD" <EWGMD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9DD5794-5A07-4590-A260-687FE49CD9B8@microsoft.com... >I want to create a simple Bi-Fold or Tri-Fold brochure "JoAnn Paules" wrote: > There are templates available. Are you having a problem? > > -- > JoAnn Paules > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]Where do I find the template > > > > "EWGMD" <EWGMD@di...

Page Breaks And Merged Cells
Hello! In Excel 2003, I have a table in which the cells in Column A and Column C are merged in groups of two rows each. For example, Cells A4 and A5 are merged together, C4 and C5 are merged together, A6 and A7 are merged together, C6 and C7 are merged together, etc. The cells in Columns B and D are not merged. Is there a way to have the page breaks automatically not occur in the middle of a merged cell? I know how to adjust the page break locations manually. I was hoping for a command similar to the "do not let rows break across a page" function in Word, but I could not f...