How do I stop mouse from scrolling horizontal in Excel?

Mouse scroll wheel causes worksheet to scroll right and down or left and up.
How do I get it to scroll vertical only?
0
JonJak (1)

How do you remove the outside border on a chart in Excel 2007?
I have created several charts and an outside border appears on the page. I want to remove that border. ...

Excel Files on the Web
Hi, I'm looking at setting up all our excel reporting on my company intranet. We have numerous excel based reports that we currently have on our server that we email out to users. However, we have a diverse user group who reside in many different locations. I'm just looking at any basic advice or software on how this can be achieved. Thanks. ...

new to excel...
Hi all, I am a programmer but have not used excel in a long time... I am considering myself a new user, and I just exported a couple of sql server tables into excel spreadsheets that I need to compile into a report. The data is basically a product of a survey from which I need to do summaries and charts. The first question is : Is there a way to summarize using conditionals? That is, while the summary is being done, to have counters for different values? The nex is to what is the easiest way to produce a frequency chart from value results in a column. Thanks, and have a wonderful day. ...

sheet size
Hi all, I have a strange question. I have a sheet that has maybe 100 rows. The scroll bar on the right allows me to move quickly from top to bottom etc. I then delete, or move to another sheet say 80 rows. The scroll bars remain aligned or sized to a sheet with 100 rows. Is there any way to resize the scroll bars to active data only, or maybe occupied rows. jim Jim You can reset the "apparent" used range by deleting rows below your "real" used range the save the workbook. Some versions also require a close and reopen before you see any change. Note: this must be...

stops responding

suppress decimal point combine print word and excel
When I use word to combine print (office 2002). some excel numberic value is long than I expect, I want to suppress decimal point only two digital . for example 20.22233222424 trans to 20.22 how can I do ? scwu@dfjh.tpc.edu.tw Hi in Word you can apply a format to imported fields or round your data in the Excel file with ROUND -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany thomas wrote: > When I use word to combine print (office 2002). > some excel numberic value is long than I expect, I want to suppress > decimal point only two digital . > for example 20.22233222424 trans to 20....

Excel Tool Bar Gone
My "alpha" excel tool bar is gone (e.g., File, Edit, Data, Help). The object tool bars are still there, but I can't figure out how the "alpha" tool bar left or, more importantly, how to get it back. Any ideas? Right click on a toolbar, and choose Customize from the pop up menu. In the dialog that displays, ensure that "Worksheet Menu Bar" is checked. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "txhokie1" <txhokie1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EE5353-8723-...

Horizontal Sorting.
I have a spreadsheet 32 columns * 1244 rows. Each row has only one value in it. I wish to re-order the columns with the most used column on the left, least used on the right. I've used the COUNT function at the bottom of the table to establish usage for each column, what do I do next? The only sort option that I can find is for a vertical sort. Sort has a vertical option. Goto Data>Sort, click the Options button, then you will see an option to sort left to right. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Zilva Zanga" <zilva_zanga@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OSgYTTnvFHA.464...

Scrolling Problem #2
My Visual Studio 2003 IDE freezes occasionally when scrolling using mouse scroll button(typically in files more than 5000 lines). I am using HP 7500 PC with dual processor, 512MB RAM, WinXP SP2. I heard similar problem with other user too, even on microsoft groups same kind of posting are there but no answer. If anyone know the solution for for this problem. Thanks, Manish PS: Sorry, I know this posting is not for microsoft.public.vc.mfc but still I know worlds best brain read on this group. I had the same problem with an HP, and it was the HP sound drivers crasing visual studio. Try usin...

Incorrect date in line chart in Excel.
I'm having difficulty with a line chart. I've got two ranges of numbers of two types of calls (from 1972 through 2004) that goes up from 50 to 7700. My chart's Y axis has automatically decided to show from 0 to 16,000. On the chart itself, my data placement starts at about 6,000 (for both 24 “F” calls and 649 “M” calls in the year 1972) and goes up to a point above 14,000 (for a figure that should only be just above 7000). I've tried to change the scale of my Y axis, but when I am able to so (2 out of 5 times) my data then goes off the chart. So I've looked at m...

Pivot Table - wont refresh
I've not experienced this problem in Excel 2000, but after upgrading to Excel 2003, there's an odd problem. Has anyone experience something similar - User error or bug? The problem: 1. Create pivot table with pivot table 'pages'. 2. The page selection list includes a listing that is not in the raw data. Refreshing the pivot table wont reset. It is possible to ascertain from the list order, which data item is being incorrectly shown. 3. In the raw data, replace the name of the incorrectly displayed data item with something else (eg 'ABC') 4. refresh the pivot tab...

Excel opens with an error report whenever I Boot Up my computer
A couple of days ago, I noticed that whenever I boot up my computer, an error report comes up indicating that Excel needs to close because of error. I unistalled office and the message wnet away. But when I reinstalled Office, the message came right back. Thoughts? ...

QuickBooks export to Excel
Suddenly, my QuickBooks program no longer allows me to export to Excel. Worked fine a week ago. I can log onto QB from every other pc in the office, and export to Excel works. Any ideas? Since you are exporting from QB I would start at that end. What trouble-shooting have you done? What message do you get when you try an export from QB? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 06:41:02 -0700, SecurityGuy <SecurityGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Suddenly, my QuickBooks program no longer allows me to export to Excel. >Worked fine a week ago. I...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

recipient policy stopped working

European Version of Excel different from North American?
Hi, I have a user who has received a spreadsheet from Ireland, and it contains formulas that I haven't seen before. Either the formulas are wrong or they are able to use different forumulas out there (we are located in Canada). For example: ='PV ORIGINAL'!D19 Any suggestions? Hi In this particular case this is not a formula but a simple reference to a cell D19 from another worksheet named PV ORIGINAL in the same workbook. HTH Cordially Pascal "ryandelage" <ryandelage@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:BEC41365-BC74-42E5-967A-EBCFB1F027...

Export PDF information into Microsoft Excel
What do you do with your data that's stuck in your PDF forms? FDF Decoder from Spotted Dingo Inc., gives you the ability to quickly turn your useless PDF information into a data mine of valuable information. FDF Decoder is a desktop application which creates csv files from your pdf interactive forms (acroforms) in individual or batch file mode. You then can easily import your information into Microsoft Excel to create intelligent spread sheets which can then be entered into databases and aid you in your statistical analysis. FDF Decoder works with the PDF's exported Form Data (FDF...

Where is the international option in Excel 2010?
Can someone help me to find the international option in Excel 2010? In the older version of Excel it was under the tools/options/ international tab. I'm having a terrible time finding it in Excel 2010 :o thanks for you help, ~Tom ...

converting pdf to excel #2
does anyone know how to convert pdf into excel without cheating and paying for a converter. I know it can be done i just havent figured it out yet Hi without a converter it is down to manual copy, paste and adjusting the format. Keep in mind that a PDF file was originally meant to be the LAST stage in a document creating process! -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DO BEFORE...converting pdf to excel wrote: > does anyone know how to convert pdf into excel without > cheating and paying for a converter. I know it can be done > i just havent figured it out ...

Is there a "replace" or "substitute" command in Excel's VB?
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with a quick question. Is there a command something like "substitute" or "replace"? I basically want a command that will replace all instances of a particular character with another character... For example, I'd like to remove all the spaces from the string "hello there world" to make it "hellothereworld". Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks tanast, try =SUBSTITUTE(A2," ","") regards, JohnI <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fd02534.23059477@news.clari.net.au.....

Can't run Excel
After installing Windows XP Service Pack 2, I had several problems. To solve one of them, Compaq had me do a System Restore to fix a problem with their BackWeb. After doing the System Restore, when I tried to use Excel, it asks me to enter User Info. and the Product Key. After I enter the Product Key, it says it's invalid. I then uninstalled Excel, and reinstalled it from the CD that I purchased directly from Microsoft at the end of June. When I try to use Excel, it still asks me for the User Info. and the Product Key, and when I enter the Key, it says it's invalid. What...

**excel experts help me!**
hey can you guys help me with something on excel? I have 1 column of data that says doctor or custodian. Then I have a 2nd column that says male (value=1) or female (value=2). How do I find out how many male doctorss there are? Which function do I use? This is giving me a headache. Thanks for your help! -- helpmeplz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ helpmeplz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29193 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489278 with your data in A2:B15 ...