How do I stop dates from being entered everytime I enter a number

Everytime I enter data in a box (ex: ages 5-9) I then press enter to go to
the next cell and it automatically puts in may 9 .  I have tried putting in
general in formatting cells and it still does it.  can someone help before I
shoot this pc out the window?  I am making a population pyramid with males
and females and their ages.

Thanks,
Kicking and Screaming
0
Screaming (1)

You can precede your entry with a single quote...

'5-9

....or format your cells as 'Text'.

Hope this helps!

In article <64AE5219-035D-46E3-9488-5D01F6B012FA@microsoft.com>,
 Kicking and Screaming <Kicking and
 Screaming@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Everytime I enter data in a box (ex: ages 5-9) I then press enter to go to
> the next cell and it automatically puts in may 9 .  I have tried putting in
> general in formatting cells and it still does it.  can someone help before I
> shoot this pc out the window?  I am making a population pyramid with males
> and females and their ages.
>
> Thanks,
> Kicking and Screaming
0
domenic22 (716)
10/23/2005 1:24:55 PM
Hello,

One way to handle this unwanted automation this is to type an apostrophe
before your class name:

'5-9

this handles the feeded data as text, but in this case it does the job.

Regards, Mika

wrote in message news:64AE5219-035D-46E3-9488-5D01F6B012FA@microsoft.com...
> Everytime I enter data in a box (ex: ages 5-9) I then press enter to go to
> the next cell and it automatically puts in may 9 .  I have tried putting
in
> general in formatting cells and it still does it.  can someone help before
> shoot this pc out the window?  I am making a population pyramid with males
> and females and their ages.
>
> Thanks,
> Kicking and Screaming

Null Value for Blank Date Range
Hello, I am having an issue with a query I have built. I have a query which searches through a table and returns a couple of fields, one of which is called DateOfWork. The query is run when a form is filled in by the user. The user has the option to specify a date range on the form (text boxes) or leave the dates blank. What I would like to have is, if the dates are blank, the query returns all values. If the dates are specified, then the query only returns values between the dates. I have done this before, but only for one textbox/combobox. I did it by filling the following info into t...

Copying dates
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi all! I've got an excel file created in MS Office 2007 for PC with a couple of sheets. The problem is when I try to copy an array of data from one sheet of the workbook to another workbook the dates are converted from 31.01.2009 to 01.02.2013. Why is that happening, could someone give me a hand with that? Your help will be much appreciated. By default, Windows OS & Mac OS use different Date Systems. Under most circumstances that is transparent to the user as the Date System used is workbook specifi...

update a date cell only when worksheet is edited
Hi. is there a function that updates the date cell automatically only when the worksheet is edited or something to that effect. thank you This might help http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html Regards Rowan Joe Black wrote: > Hi. is there a function that updates the date cell automatically only when > the worksheet is edited or something to that effect. thank you ...

stops responding

Incrementing a number on multiple copy printing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C45C91.318E7710 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Greetings All: I've created a service ticket document in Excel 2003 and would like = to have incremented serialized numbers on each ticket printed. I print = blanks and then fill them out on the job site. There is really nothing = to them but I can't figure out how to get this to work. Any ideas are = appreciated --=20 Regards, Jerry M. Gartner ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C45C91.318E...

SnapShot Date?
RMS v1.3.0203 This is for HQ looking at 114 active SO stores. The report is generated in HQ> Rpts> Items> SnapShot Store Price List. What is it that defines the snapshot date? I always looked at it from the inv side post physicals, request item count and reconciliation - but now I am looking at store level pricing (they set their own). I can see the snapshot date is different not only on different stores, but also on different line items from the stores. So far, my best guess has been that the snapshot date is based on a date the store has set or changed their pricing (like p...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

Incorrect date in line chart in Excel.
I'm having difficulty with a line chart. I've got two ranges of numbers of two types of calls (from 1972 through 2004) that goes up from 50 to 7700. My chart's Y axis has automatically decided to show from 0 to 16,000. On the chart itself, my data placement starts at about 6,000 (for both 24 “F” calls and 649 “M” calls in the year 1972) and goes up to a point above 14,000 (for a figure that should only be just above 7000). I've tried to change the scale of my Y axis, but when I am able to so (2 out of 5 times) my data then goes off the chart. So I've looked at m...

Transposing list of numbers
I'm using Excel 2003. I have a list of 400 numbers in Column A, I would like to transpose it across 7 columns and 58 rows. Is there an easy way to do this? I understand I can do the copy/paste special/transpose for 7 at a time. Thank you. -- jlhcat Sub ColtoRows() Dim rng As Range Dim i As Long Dim J As Long Set rng = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp) J = 1 On Error Resume Next nocols = 7 'InputBox("Enter Number of Columns Desired") For i = 1 To rng.Row Step nocols Cells(J, "A").Resize(1, nocols).Value = _ ...

modeling a contract and effective dates
I have seen this posted somewhere but i can't find it. The following table is an attempt to model a contract and its effective dates. I don't want them to overlap but they do not have to be contiguous. Have i covered all the points of data integrity? I feel like i am missing something with regard to the PreviousContractDate. CREATE TABLE dbo.CoordinatedTripAgencyContractDates ( SharedAgencyID INT NOT NULL CONSTRAINT FK_CoordinatedTripAgencyContractDates_SharedAgencyID FOREIGN KEY (SharedAgencyID) REFERENCES CoordinatedTripAgencies (SharedAgencyID) --contracts a...

recipient policy stopped working

Date of Convergence 2005
Anyone know the date of the 2005 Great Plains Convergence? If you search CustomerSource or PartnerSource for "Convergence 2005," you will get a list of links. Here's a link: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/newsevents/news/newsgeneral/conv05_news.htm?printpage=false The short answer is March 6 - 9 at the San Diego Convention Center. "Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01a301c4b6fb$fba33440$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know the date of the 2005 Great Plains Convergence? ...

Complex Time Window / date based calculation
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE *Follow-up to: microsoft.public.excel* Hi, I have the following: Columns A B C D E F G H I J Date Field 1 Field 2 Field 3 Field 4 Field 5 Field 6 Field 7 Field 8 Field 9 12/31/1996 xyz 58979 23539 1880 1937 1837 1930 100 1/30/1997 xyz 58979 23539 1925 1965 1787 1822 -5.60% 94.40 2/28/1997 xyz 58979 23539 1925 1965 1787 1822 -5.60% 94.40 3/31/1997 abc 58979 23539 1925 1965 1787 1822 -5.60% 94.40 etc. I need to be able to modify the last column (column J) so that the number 100 starts at TODAY() - 1 year (the "-" is a minus sign) as we...

Get month from date
Useing VBA, how to I get the month from a date in range("a1") as text. Eg if date = 30/1/02, Month = "January" or 30/10/05 then month = "October". I want to worksheets with the month. Regards Robert MonthA = format(range("a1"),"mmmm") -- Kind regards, Niek Otten <RobcPettit@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1131520581.324157.176670@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Useing VBA, how to I get the month from a date in range("a1") as text. > Eg if date = 30/1/02, Month = "January" or 30/10/05 then month = >...

Date range
1)Then Money calculate the date from 1st to the end of the month. What if I receive my pay on the 25th of every month ? How do I change the date to start from 25th to 24th of the following month so that during the budget and income entry, the balance still continue when the data crosses from 31th to 1st of the following month. 2)After deleting the transaction from the "Bill and deposit " option, how come the calander below still highlight the date on the trasaction after I had deleted it. Please assist Thanks 1) You don't. There is no way in Money to set the financial ...

How to add a 1 to existing column of phone numbers?
Trying to get a 1 to prefix phone numbers in an existing column with thousands of entries. thanks! hi jan, surf to www.asap-utilities.com and download the wonderful free utility featured there. your problem will be answered with this utility yves "Jan" wrote: > Trying to get a 1 to prefix phone numbers in an existing column with > thousands of entries. > > thanks! > What exactly do you presently have in the list now? If, for example, you had: (213) 123-4567 You could use "Edit & Replace", where you "Find" " ( " (no ...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

Maximum number of Blocked Senders/Rules ? Outlook 2002/2003
It there a fixed number for the maximum number of either blocked Senders or Rules that you set up in Outlook 2002 and 2003 ? I has thinking it was around 100 for each, but have heard of some users that have some rather complex rules being blocked at around 50. Or it the "count" by the total number of actions that are taking ? Thanks Tedd -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com ...

Anf�nger: Enter an Messagebox senden klappt nicht.
Hallo, Ich will eine MessageBox (die von einem anderem Programm erzeugt wurde) schlie�en. Mit dem folgenden Code kriege ich die vorher erzeugte MessageBox ("Meine MessageBox") nicht geschlossen. Die Meldung "FENSTER GEFUNDEN" erscheint, also ist das hWnd schonmal g�ltig. Warum verarbeitet es die Nachricht (die den Druck auf die Entertaste simmulieren soll) nicht ? HWND hWnd=NULL; // "#32770 Dialog hWnd=FindWindow( "#32770", "Meine MessageBox"); if (hWnd!=NULL) { MessageBox(NULL,"FENSTER GEFUNDEN","INFO",MB_OK); SendMessage(h...

Date of entry
Dear Discussion Group My supervisor wants to keep track of how much information I enter into a spreadsheet everyday. Is there a function so that whenever a type data into "A1", the date I did this would appear in "A2." Thank you, Mark Joseph see http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html In article <678586B8-9972-4D3B-8017-6B249194C6E7@microsoft.com>, Mark <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Dear Discussion Group > My supervisor wants to keep track of how much information I enter into a > spreadsheet everyday. > Is t...

Contract line invoice date changing when line is cancelled
Is there a way to keep the contract line invoice date from changing to the cancelled "as of" date when cancelling a contract line? We bill in advance and would like the invoice date to remain as is. Example: inv dt: 12/1/06 coverage dates: 12/1/06 - 12/31/06 After cancelling the line as of 12/14/06: inv dt: 12/14/06 coverage dates: 12/1/06 - 12/14/06 ...