How do I slant grid line at top of each column?

I am attempting to duplicate a form that has the top row of each column
slanted at about degrees.  How can I accomplish this in Excel.

Select cells at top, do Format / Cells / Alignment - Set orientation to
about 2:30

Now apply a right & left border to those cells.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------
------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------

"dick41ross" <dick41ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am attempting to duplicate a form that has the top row of each column
> slanted at about degrees.  How can I accomplish this in Excel.

0
ken.wright (2489)
8/24/2005 10:21:52 PM
one way
Format>Cells>Alignment>Orientation
HTH

"dick41ross" wrote:

> I am attempting to duplicate a form that has the top row of each column
> slanted at about degrees.  How can I accomplish this in Excel.
0
RayA (96)
8/24/2005 10:24:02 PM
Forgot to say, you need to put something in the cells, even if it's just a
space

Regards
              Ken..............

"Ken Wright" <ken.wright@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Select cells at top, do Format / Cells / Alignment - Set orientation to
> about 2:30
>
> Now apply a right & left border to those cells.
>
> --
> Regards
>           Ken.......................    Microsoft MVP - Excel
>              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03
>
> ------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------
> It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-)
> ------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------
>

> "dick41ross" <dick41ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am attempting to duplicate a form that has the top row of each column
>> slanted at about degrees.  How can I accomplish this in Excel.

0
ken.wright (2489)
8/24/2005 10:26:29 PM
"dick41ross" <dick41ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am attempting to duplicate a form that has the top row of each column
> slanted at about degrees.  How can I accomplish this in Excel.

Format/ Cells/ Alignment/ Orientation
--
David Biddulph

0
david4578 (116)

Multiple line charts on the same graph
Let's say that I have 10 columns of data. Column A represents "origination" dates and Column B represents "total revenue" for those dates in Column A. Column C represents other origination dates and Column D represents total revenue for each of those dates in Column C. Etc for Columns E/F, G/H, and I/J. I know how to create a Line Graph for A/B. But how do I create FIVE lines (graphs), each representing A/B, C/D, E/F, G/H, and I/J, respectively, and all appearing on the SAME chart? Thanks! Use a scatter XY chart with lines and setup your data like this (sh...

column #3
I have a range with 3 columns and about 120 records. When left in this format it prints 3 columns over two pages using only 1/2 of each page. I want excel to print my data on one page with six columns (two ranges with the same headings). This is an active database that is changed regularly so for me to cut and paste is not effecient enough. Here's an interesting little trick that I picked up from Tom Ogilvy the other day Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .Range("A61:B120").Copy Destination:=Range("C1") .Ran...

off line messages
my outlook 2000 which syncs to exchange when i am connected to the LAN does not appear to be downloading the latest aavailable messages. when i go to view messags off line the last message is from two weeks ago. is there a setting that i am misssing? ...

How do I slant grid line at top of each column?
I am attempting to duplicate a form that has the top row of each column slanted at about degrees. How can I accomplish this in Excel. Select cells at top, do Format / Cells / Alignment - Set orientation to about 2:30 Now apply a right & left border to those cells. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�--------------------------...

Return to Column A #2
There was a post almost a month ago on this subject. The question posed was a good one though the answers returned didn't really answer the need. It's easy to move to the right on enter but how do you move to the next row and first column if you are at the end of the first row. Yes one can hit down arrow/home or Home/down arrow but this is a little annoying. If a sheet is protected and cells are locked, isn't there an easier way to do this more elegantly? Thanks in advance for your thoughts, Greg Say you start with A1 selected. Type something in A1 and hit the Tab key...

Line Wrapping Fix Not Working
I'm aware of Microsoft's registry changes to prevent line wrapping in plain text messages: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823921 However, it seems to not have any effect. I'm running Outlook 2003 on WinXP (with Office XP as the rest of my Office environment). I'm connecting to an Exchange 2003 server in Cached mode and have my default message format changed to plain text. Has anyone had any issues getting the registry change to go into effect? When replying to messages, the very strange line wrapping behavior persists, even with the WrapLines key set to 0. Any help wo...

Leaving top cells static while scrolling
Hello, Is there any way to leave the top part of the excel document visiba while the rest of the data scrolls up and down. I want to be able to view the titles above my data even when I scrol down to the bottom of the sheet. Any help is appreciated. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Click the row BELOW the cells you want to keep in view, then use Window/Freeze Panes "clambers >" <<clambers.152xzd@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:clambers.152xzd@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hello, > > Is there any way to leave the top par...

How to make xy plot of date format data in both columns
How can I plot the data in two columns if the data in both of these is in the data format? I tried doing it but I ended up getting two different series instead of one. Pardeep Mohan Hi, Quickest way is to add a column heading to the second (Y) column of values. The the chart wizard will read the 1st column as X values and the 2nd as Y. Otherwise use the Source Data dialog and specify the correct ranges for the 1st series and delete the 2nd. Cheers Andy Pardeep Mohan wrote: > How can I plot the data in two columns if the data in both of these is in the > data format? I tried do...

cell line pattern prints to close together. how to fix?
I am trying to have the lines print wider appart than having it look like it is a gray filled cell. I am trying to differenciate between something that is gray and used seldomly and something that cannot be used at all. This is for calculation submittals to state for engineering approvals. ...

Add values in a column according to value in another column
How can I add the values in a column according to values in another column? If there is any value in a row in column B, I want to include the value of the corresponding row in column A. I'm flexible as to whether this is ANY value (i.e. not empty) or greater than zero. Hi Paul Maybe something like this =IF(B1="","",IF(B1>0,B1+A1)) Regards Cimjet "Paul Kaye" <paulmjkaye@gmail.com> wrote in message news:05befaf3-9ba8-48c8-aebb-654f0269d1dc@34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How can I add the values in a column according to values in another > colu...

Invalidating CFormView will not repaing Grid
Hello, I have a MFC SDI CFormView application that has a TabControl on it. In the tabcontrol there is Mr. Chris Maunders MFC Grid. When I do Invalidate(); the grid will not repaint and goes blank(white). All other controls on the View repaints OK. Any suggestions where I should start looking? // Anders -- English is not my first, or second, language so anything strange, or insulting, is due to the translation. Please correct me so I may improve my English! Is the Grid a child of the CFormView or a child of the TabCtrl? Run your application. Make sure that your application will not be ...

Horizontal lines in waterfall chart
Hi folks, Does anyone know how to draw the horizontal lines to connect the first ending point to second starting point in waterfall chart? I asked this question before and one of the experts showed me the site where I could download the sample. I am not that good in excel vba coding. Therefore, I can’t fully understand that. Could someone show me the code to draw the horizontal lines (only) in waterfall chart. Thanks in advance. Tim. You can add a set of XY series to the chart, one for each line you need drawn (add each additional series, select it, and use Chart menu > Cha...

How do I get the vertical lines back (that show mail heirachy structure)
Outlook2003/Windows2000 Hi How can I get the vertical lines that show the heirachy structure back? Outlook2003 seems to have got rid of them... but I like being able to see what's going on! (I really HATE the way microsoft does that by default to Windows explorer too!) Ship Shiperton Henethe ship <shiphen@gmail.com> wrote: > Outlook2003/Windows2000 > > How can I get the vertical lines that show the heirachy structure > back? Try using the Folder List view in the Navigation Pane. -- Brian Tillman Brian Thanks - but how do I do all that?! I have got the Nav...

Merge and Center, and auto column width
It looks like merge and center is the Excel equivalent of centering across multiple columns that I did in QPW. The pain about that is I can't figure out how to do more than a row at a time with this method. What if I have three or four rows and want them all centered between say 8 columns, is there a better way to do this? The next thing is on my converted spreadsheets, many columns are not wide enough and have to be widened. Is there a setting you can turn on in Excel that automatically adjusts the column width to fit what you enter? I enjoyed such a feature for a long time in ...

adding more columns
I need to go on beyond column IV Can someone tell me how to tweak my registry maybe, to add more columns? You can't, we're all stuck with just 256 columns. P "Jonny Pajamas" <jonnypajamas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:031501c3a303$43c81000$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I need to go on beyond column IV > > Can someone tell me how to tweak my registry maybe, to add > more columns? Jonny Cannot be done in any version of Excel. Can your data be spread over more than one sheet? Is there room to transpose the data? Gord Dibben XL2002 On Tue, 4 Nov 20...

Batch Job "Text to column" in excel
Hi everyone! I have a number of excel files in a folder that need "Text to Columns" in Column A. The files are all formatteed identically, with different data. Is there a solution for this? I'm using Excel 2003 on Windows XP. TIA, James Highlight the range you want to convert... Then select your macro recorder to record your Text to Column convert... Then when you need it again, select the affected range and use your play macro to do it automatically. Note: You could always use the CTL-SHIFT-DOWN ARROW to select the affected range if the data is all contiguous. &quo...

Move line to front
I have three lines over a bar graph and need to move one of the lines to the front of all other items. I've tried moving it to the top in the dat legend box and also putting it in a different column in the data. I did an experiment with a chart having one column and two lines If I used (in Excel 2003) Format Data Series / Series Order, or in Excel 2007 Select Data, I found that the series at the bottom of the list appear on top of the other line best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microsoft Excel MVP "Electric Julie" <ElectricJuli...

highlighting duplicate values in a column
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel For a probability class that I am taking the assignment is to computer simulate birthdays. I have the random numbers in each column for 20 people but now I need to know how to highlight duplicate values (in this case any number between 1 and 365) to determine the probability of 2 or more people sharing the same birthday. I am to complete the simulation for 25, 50, 75, 100, 500 and 1000 randomly selected people. I need to know the steps to highlight the duplicte numbers in each row. My directions are for xcel 2007...

Slanting headers
I saw a spreadsheet where the column headers slanted up at a 45 degree angle from the rest of the column. This made it much easier to have long, descriptive headers without having to word-wrap or widen the column (the column contents were mostly markers, like x's, so the columns could be very narrow and get lots of them visible at the same time). I looked at the column headers and couldn't figure out how the borders were made at a 45 degree angle. The text is aligned at 45 degrees, but when I align text in a cell at 45 degrees, the cell borders remain vertical and horizontal, not slant...

Limit the default columns in Project Accounting smartlists
Project accounting smartlists, by default, show every available column of data. To make a clean, usable smartlist, a user has to delete all the unwanted columns, one at a time. Please make the PA smartlists like the others: a limited number of default columns, with the ability to add columns as needed. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the M...

trend line help
Hi there, i have created a simple x,y scatter graph with a trend line. The trend line has a formula attached to it, some thing in the form of y=100x-50 What Im trying to do is to take that formula and use it in the work sheet to enter different values of x to get the y values. It cant just be typed in to a box as the data in the chart will change and therefore the trend line formula will change accordingly. Does any one know how to have a copy of the current trend line formula to use in the worksheet ??? Thanks, michael --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Answered unde...

Splitting up multiple lines in one cell to one line per cell in multiple cells
I have cells each of which contains multiple lines of text (use Alt- Enter at end of each line when entered). Is there an easy way to copy these lines in a single cell and past them into multiple cells, with one line per cell? Thanks, Alan Alan, I usually copy the contents of the cell, paste in Notepad, recopy and then paste in Excel. Shame there is nothing on paste special for this. Thomas "Alan" <jalanthomas@verizon.net> wrote in message news:f1131d56-58c2-4b3d-8d40-d3a2dff6be49@w39g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > I have cells ...

XY/ line graph?
I need to plot a graph showing results of two separate tests (y-axis) for each person a certain age. I've entered required values for y-axis in column B and C (labeled as time in seconds), but I'm having difficulty labeling the x-axis (to be labeled as age in years) with differing values. In other words, I want the x-axis to begin at 5 and increasing in increments of 5 up to 70. I also want to plot specific points (ages) that corresponds to the time listed on the y-axis. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, have you tried and xy scatter graph - you should be able to change th...

rotating grid
Is it possible to rotate the grid by 30 degrees? ...

Colour part of a line on an X Y graph
I have an XY graph which connects the series with a line. Lets say the series runs left to right on the chart creating a straight horizontal line. Is it possible to have multiple colours on that line? That is, I want to colour certain portion of the line a certain colour and other portion another colour. Is this possible Hi, You can format the line between points by selecting the series and then selecting the specific line segment. Use CTRL+1 to bring up the format dialog. Note that formatting the line segment will affect the legend so you might be better off plotting additional d...