How do I set up different column widths for sets or rows?

I am trying to set up a worksheet where Columns A-F, will have a width of say
12, for rows 1-10; but for rows 15-30, I want columns D-L to have a width of
8.  How can this be done?  I was hoping not to have to merge columns.
thanks,
0
seo2seo (1)

seo2seo, your only other option would be to center across section
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"seo2seo" <seo2seo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to set up a worksheet where Columns A-F, will have a width of
>say
> 12, for rows 1-10; but for rows 15-30, I want columns D-L to have a width
> of
> 8.  How can this be done?  I was hoping not to have to merge columns.
> thanks,

seo2seo, I'm trying to figure out the same thing.  I've learned that you can
split the table, but that is not getting the effect I think we're looking for
(at least for me).

If you find out how to "split" a column I would love to share in the answer...

Armyman

"seo2seo" wrote:

> I am trying to set up a worksheet where Columns A-F, will have a width of say
> 12, for rows 1-10; but for rows 15-30, I want columns D-L to have a width of
> 8.  How can this be done?  I was hoping not to have to merge columns.
> thanks,

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

How to set backcolour

How can I open outlook in a different inbox, i.e.hotmail ?
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 i Windows XP and opens in its own inbox. Is it possible to set it to open in the Hotmail inbox where my mail is found? ...

Need Help Deleting Blank Rows
Greetings: I have a spread sheet with data that has multiple blank rows that I would like to delete with a macro. Each row of data is different with columns that may or may not be blank. Therefore, I cannot search on a specific column to delete the row. Any help is appreciated. -- Thanks in advance...j We need some kind of rule to follow to decide if a row is considered 'blank' or not. If not a single column, then perhaps empty cells in any one of several different colums, as if a4 is empty, or g4 is empty or i4 is empty, then delete row 4 completely, or a com...

How do I put column headers in a multi-page worksheet
I don't understand the Help menu on this topic! Can someone please tell me in simple language how I'd put column headers on each page of a long price list? To put column header for each space in excel... Go to File then select Page Set-up... Select Sheet tab then select "row to repeat on top" >-----Original Message----- >I don't understand the Help menu on this topic! >Can someone please tell me in simple language how I'd put column headers on >each page of a long price list? >. > Lizzie Assuming you want to print out a long list from one ...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

Appointment duration different between Outlook and MS-CRM
Does anyone know why an All Day Event on Outlook and an All Day Event in MS-CRM have different durations. It seems that an All Day Event in MS-CRM is calculated based on the individuals start and end times in their CRM user record but an Outlook All Day Event is the full 24 hours regardless of the start and end time you set up in Calendar options. This makes it difficult to use CRM for reporting the total amount of time spent working on a lead or opportunity if individuals are creating all day appointments in Outlook and synchronizing the data back to MS-CRM Any ideas? -- Simon Morri...

How do wrap all columns of a pivot table to 2nd half of same page
I have a 3 column pivot table that can be too long to fit on one page, but I do not want to shrink it to fit (makes type too small) Is there a way to get the rows that don't fit on the page to wrap and print as a 3 column table on 2nd half (open half) of the page? Hi, If you are asking whether you can wrap text in a pivot table - yes, the same way you do it in a spreadsheet - Format, Cells, Alignment, Wrap text I don't think this is what you are after but ... If you are asking can you extend the printout across multiple pages, look at this and see if it addresses anything you ...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Data in Columns
I have gotten my columns to have lists, but each column's data is linked with the next. I don't know how to make sure that when I sort one column (ascending/descending order) that the appropriate data in the other 2 colums will also be sorted. Can someone please help me out. Hi when sorting i have 2 rules, 1) click on one cell in your data range only or select the whole data range - don't select just a column 2) don't use the A->Z Z->A buttons on the toolbar, always use Data / Sort Cheers JulieD "recruiting coordinator in SF" <recruiting coordinator...

Set Focus

What is the formula for getting time difference e.g. ("4 hrs 15 m.
I have 2 rows - one has a start time and other has the end time. In the third row, i want to display the difference between two times. And it should come in this manner... "4 hrs 15 min".. what would be the exact formula? Regards sandeep A B C 1 Start Time End Time Delta 2 8:00 10:20 =B2-A2 You'll then have to format the C column to have time in the format you want. "Sandeep Manjrekar" <SandeepManjrekar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AA54934-E119-46AE-8822-E...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

Different colors on the x axis titles
Is there a way to have different colors on the titles of the x axis? For instance, if the titles are months, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc., is it possible to have January in red font, February in blue font, March in green font, etc. Thanks for any help. I should note that I am using Excel 2000 "SK" <Nospam> wrote in message news:%23$CetoM8DHA.1356@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have different colors on the titles of the x axis? For > instance, if the titles are months, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc., is it possible to > have January in red font, February in blue font, March...

stopping column increment in formula copy
Sorry for the img post, but its easier to articulate the problem with picture... I have a column of data (distances) B5 thru b14 that I'm trying t multiply by two different company prices, which are in C1 and C2. Whe I put the first equation in B5 (=c1*B5) and then try to copy/paste th equation down the column to B14, the C1 cell value in the equatio increments as it goes down the column. Same thing happens when I do i for company B. So I guess I'm doing something wrong. How do I easily paste th functions down the column while still having the equation use the sam multiplier (C1)? I...

What is the difference between Inactive and Terminated statuses?
In Health Insurance Enrollment window, there is a field called Benefit Status where there are, among other options, the option to Inactive or to Terminate a benefit. According to the Human Resources Help, Inactive is intended to be used "if the employee is no longer enrolled in the benefit", and Terminated "if the employee chose to terminate the benefit coverage." What is the real difference? What happens when one option is selected over the other? How is payroll affected? -- Hector Herrera Business Systems Analyst II Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundat...