How do I set up an automatic delete or move of a row of data?

I have a job summary that lists the status of my projects.  I want to move
the data and close up the gaps in the spreadsheet as I change the status to
"complete".
0
Zo (5)

You need to provide more information. For example, how do you change the
status to complete and where do you want to move the data to?

Regards
Rowan

"Zo" wrote:

> I have a job summary that lists the status of my projects.  I want to move
> the data and close up the gaps in the spreadsheet as I change the status to
> "complete".
I have a list that identifies the "status" of the project (i.e. "incomplete,
"in progress," etc.).  When the status is changed to "complete", I want that
row to go away.

"Rowan Drummond" wrote:

> You need to provide more information. For example, how do you change the
> status to complete and where do you want to move the data to?
>
> Regards
> Rowan
>
> "Zo" wrote:
>
> > I have a job summary that lists the status of my projects.  I want to move
> > the data and close up the gaps in the spreadsheet as I change the status to
> > "complete".
0
Zo (5)
11/23/2005 4:53:03 AM
You could use a change event similar to this. SAVE your data before
testing this. Rows will be deleted with no way to retrieve them!

     If Target.Count = 1 Then
         If Target.Value = "Complete" And _
             Target.Column = 1 Then 'change column as required
             Target.EntireRow.Delete
         End If
     End If
End Sub

This is worksheet event code. Right click the sheet tab, select view
code and paste the event in there. This assumes you list is in column A.
If not change Target.Column = 1 to the correct column.

Regards
Rowan

Zo wrote:
> I have a list that identifies the "status" of the project (i.e. "incomplete,
> "in progress," etc.).  When the status is changed to "complete", I want that
> row to go away.
>
> "Rowan Drummond" wrote:
>

>>You need to provide more information. For example, how do you change the
>>status to complete and where do you want to move the data to?
>>
>>Regards
>>Rowan
>>
>>"Zo" wrote:
>>

>>>I have a job summary that lists the status of my projects.  I want to move
>>>the data and close up the gaps in the spreadsheet as I change the status to
>>>"complete".
This thread did not change anything...

"Zo" wrote:

> I have a job summary that lists the status of my projects.  I want to move
> the data and close up the gaps in the spreadsheet as I change the status to
> "complete".
0
Zo (5)

change Colomn name automatically
Hi i have two different table Table1 and Table2 : Table1 is like: field1 field2 field3 .........fieldn A B C N A1 B1 C1 N1 ............................. Table2 is like this ID_name Name .... address tel 1 pippo 2 pluto ... ... n paperino the goal is to change the colomn name of the first table1 with the fields of table2 (field Name). The results should be like pippo pluto ......... paperino A B ...

Excel 2002
I have a user using Excel 2002 on windows. Just this month whenever she enters a date formatted for any day in 2004 it automatically changes the month to the day. We've checked the cell format and even tried to change it to a different format and it still occurs. (ie 01/04/2004 to 1/4/2004). The vesion of excel is Excel 2002 (10.3506.3501) SP-1. I searched the Microsoft site for an upgrade but there wasn't another SP version listed for Excel 2002. Any one else come across this problem? Thank you! Rebecca http://www.geekmom.net/downline --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelFor...

How do I delete a space at the end of an amount or text
How do I delete a space at the end of an amount or text? You could do this: =3DLEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1) assuming the data is in A1. This will return a text value - if you want a number then do this: =3D--LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1) Hope this helps. Pete On Jun 2, 9:05=A0am, Maureen <Maur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I delete a space at the end of an amount or text? If that is a space the below will do. Also note all double spaces within the text also will be trimmed to a single space. =TRIM(A1) Still you see a character after text; then probably it ...

move sharepoint databases Business Portal 4.0
I am attempting to move wss 3.0 databases from a sql 2000 to a sql 2005 on same server. I read the article id 862672, but this seems to apply to wss 2.0. I read a technet article that says to use preparetomove stsadm command before detach, but I get an error message that says ""Missing operation name or the operation name is invalid". Is there a new procedure for move sharepoint databases available? ...

"Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy"
Hello, Can someone please tell me How I can disable/enable the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" on all users or contacts? We had a RUS issue and manually unchecked the box, now need put it back, really don't want to do that one by one for over 900 users. thanks a lot! CJ Hi, This script clear the contents os "msExchPoliciesExcluded" property for all AD. This set the checkbox ON. 1 - Change the domain name at line 07. 2 - Please try in lab first !!!! ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Const ADS_PROPERTY_CLEAR = 1 ...

how to clear automatic folder list when moving email messages

Downloading data from Bank
I had to have the motherboard replaced on my PC. When I got it back I needed to re-install Money 2005 Standard. Fortunately I had created a backup file prior to handing over my PC for repair. My problem is that I can contact my bank and get the message 'Update Complete' but the balance and transaction data is not updated as it was before. Can someone tell me how to set up the account to download the activity and current bank balance? Thankyou, -- Fredginsocal ...

Outlook data file size is stucked.. not decreasing from 4.7 GB
I have configured four Email account in Outlook 2007. One of My Gmail account was having 2000 mails. so, data file for that account was 4.7 GB.( I am having windows vista and NTFS drives. ). Problem is now I have deleted some mails and only 800 mails are there. but even though file size is 4.7 GB only.. it is not decreasing .. can any one help ? it was having significant number of attachments (videos)... So, at starting it was ok... 4.7 gb was data... but Now I have deleted all the mails... and then also file is not decreasing... I am using IMAP... I have also unsubscribed &q...

Excel automatically changes the formatting of the cell to "Time"
Hello, I have a long column of numbers [dates in the YY:DD format]. I wanted to replace ":61" to ":59". Even though the cells are initially formatted as Text, as soon as I make the change, Excel changes the formatting to Time, and the cell with the change now has text ":59:00" in it. Is it possible to force Excel to keep the cells formatted as Text? Thank you! Sam, If the cells are truly formatted as text (Format - Cells - Number - Text), the formatting should never change, and you should always see exactly what you've typed. Give us an example...

Data to transfer from column to row #2
Dear All, I have a cell that contains like: PM-1234, PM-2345, PM-5689, PM-9999. I want to segregate these 4 tag into rows. i.e., PM-1234 PM-2345 PM-5689 PM-9999 Is there any excel guru out there to help in my problem??? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, qwerty7 -- qwerty7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- qwerty70's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3267 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52474 If you highlight the four cells containing the data, then click <...

can I sort text data into bins?
Hi, Here's my problem - I hope you can understand it & help: Let's say I've got a column, A (or row 1, it doesn't matter) tha contains cells, each with a single word/category that I'm interested i [example: dog, cat, bird, fish, gerbil] - we can assume that this is m list of category headers/titles. Plus I've also got various other columns, A-D (or rows) next to m column A titles that each contain a list of items, one per cell: [eg B1=dog + B2=cat, C1=bird + C2=cat + C3=gerbil]. Perhaps it would be clearer if I drew it out (ignore the dashes they're just t...

subform data changes after each line input
In my subform I enter the data through text box entries as well as combo box selections. After I finish a line and go to the next one when I select in a combo box my selection is cascaded up to all the previous selections. The data from the previous lines is entered into the tables correctly it just gets changed in the view of the subform. Sorry I am new to Access programming. Any help Paul, It sounds like the combo box is unbound. In design view (of the form) look at the combo box. Open properties. Click on the DATA tab. The "Control Source" property is the field the data is...

Ratio-to-moving average
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C746C6.CBE5EA60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know how to create a ratio-to-moving average in Excel?? Thanks in advance, ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C746C6.CBE5EA60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = cha...

In a 2 Y-Axis chart, how do I assign data ranges to an axis?
I have created a 2 Y-Axis chart with 12 data ranges. Numerically, the first 8 data ranges belong on the 1st Y Axis, and the last 4 data ranges belong on the 2nd Y Axis, but MS is choosing to put the first six on the left Y Axis and the last six on the right Y Axis. I need for the chart to display 8 on the left Y Axis and 4 on the right. Please advise. Thank you I find it best to ignore the "built-in custom" types because they do what they want. The following process works on either the normal or built-in custom types. Double click a series, and on the Axis tab, select prim...

row delete
hi all, when i use this command to delete all rows if column A is blank, in few cases it deletes all the rows even if column A is not blank why i it so Columns("A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete End Su -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi vikram There is a limit with Specialcells http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;832293 Look also on David's site http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/delempty.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "vikram >" <<vikram.19p3r6@excelforum-nospam.com> ...

SSRS 2005 matrix using rows as headings
Has anyone ever had to do this? Display a matrix on an SSRS report using the row data as a heading and repeating the column headings for each row? I've gotten pretty close using a matrix containing a rectangle in the Data area which itself contains another matrix; however since the column data needs to repeat, the "row heading" doesn't span accross the entire report. Below is an example - plus some generic SQL to generate the dataset (ListName=Row, OptionName=Column, SelectedYN=Data). Thanks for the help! BLeppert Standard Matrix: Neve...

incorrect email version set up in excel, word, etc
when I hit the email icon in word & excel the email area is different and it does not point to the correct address book. Any suggestions? -- llp I finally figured it out by reading some of the previous discussion questions. go to Internet explorer => internet options=>program tab=> change from express to outlook. Restart and it took care of the issue. -- llp "llp" wrote: > when I hit the email icon in word & excel the email area is different and it > does not point to the correct address book. Any suggestions? > > -- > l...

The field 'MyTable.MyField' cannot contain a Null value because the Required property for this field is set to true.
Hello, I have a form in my database used for entering new data into a table. Some of the fields in my table are required, others are not. If I start entering a new record, using the form, but only fill in some of the fields, and then click a button, to, for example, open another form (i.e. I have decided that I do not want to add this new record now), I will get the following error message: The field 'MyTable.MyField' cannot contain a Null value because the Required property for this field is set to true. Enter a value in this field. What I want is for the record not to be added unl...

MmGetMdlByteCount < DataTransferLength with data corruption
Hello all, I'm seeing a problem in my disk driver, it receives a MmGetMdlByteCount that is shorter than DataTransferLength, MmGetMdlByteCount is not multiple of 512, and DataTransferLength comes rounded - up to the next 512 boundarie. This only happen in Vista/7, with a clean installation, and only when booting from the disk, if I mount it somewhere else this dont occur. Searching for a clue I found this discussion: http://www.osronline.com/showthread.cfm?link=129406 But if I complete the request with DataTransferLength like someone suggest in this thread, I got a data corr...

Q: Deleting the last character from text fields in excel [Us@ cod@ to @-mail m@]
I have a bunch of text with a trailing blank. How can I get rid of them? In MS word there is the ^p to indicate the end of the line. Is there something like this in Excel? Thanks! Sam (Post your replies here. My e-mail is spam proofed unless you use a code) Hi, S.V. Short of going to VBA, have you tried to insert a helper column and use the trim function? HTH >-----Original Message----- >I have a bunch of text with a trailing blank. > >How can I get rid of them? > >In MS word there is the ^p to indicate the end of the line. > >Is there something like this...

passing data between two databases
I want to pass a value from one database system to a text box field of a form in a seperate database system. Is it possible and how would I do it? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Are you asking if it is possible to reference one form to another form in seperate DB's? I don't think that's a desirable solution. 1. Why not use a linked table where you can reference from 2. Export the value by passing it through via Append Query which references the other DB. You could create an empty table in that referenced DB and place the values there. Maurice "Justin" wr...

Displaying all data when using a combo box
Okay I have a form, based on one table. My form has two combo boxes on it, one searches for an employee by building, the other by department. The results are displayed in a subform beneath the combo boxes. This seems to work fine. However until you enter a selection into each combo box no records are displayed. How can I set each combo box to work independently and/or together to get the desired results? Is there a way I could add something like an "all" field to both? I would also like the subform to display all records when the form is open until a selection is made. ...

I've the problem with parsing data!!
Hai, i have a file that i need to get into access. And i need to parse portion of it. For example: RSL -44 RSL -40 RSL -34 ...

Help! Deleted Budget
I inadvertently deleted the Budget in GP 10. I went into Card|Budget, and exported the budget to an Excel file just to have a look at it. When I went back to the Budget Selection window, I hit Delete thinking I was purging the exported budget file. In my hope of undoing the deletion, I imported the Excel budget file that I had exported back into GP, and it is again listed in the Budget Selection window. What I need to know is what damage I did by deleting the entry that was there originally? For example, what other GP functions may have been dependent on the budget before I ...

Deleting a user account in Exchange 2003
Pretty new to Exchange 2k3, we're using 2k3 AD and I just want to make sure I'm doing this the right way... Common sense says that to delete a user account after backing up, all I have to do is delete it in the AD correct? What about the System Manager|Administratrative Groups|Servers|First Storage Group|Mailbox....do you need to delete from there too or would the first act cause a cascade effect? R Green When you delete a user account, it will "mark" the mailbox for deletion (by default). That's all you have to do. Exchange has it's own built-in Deleted Mai...