how do I separate different points within a cell in Excel

within a single excel cell, I want to start each point on a new line. For
example:

complete at least one publication per year

disseminate all materials

identify new material
0
Niceness (1)

Alt+Enter provides a paragraph return within a cell. Is that what you mean?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Niceness" <Niceness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> within a single excel cell, I want to start each point on a new line. For
> example:
>
> complete at least one publication per year
>
> disseminate all materials
>
> identify new material

0
ng1 (1444)

Numeric vs text in Excel
I often have tables in Excel that I use the Chart Wizard to graph in a few clicks. However, if the first column contains numeric values it is treated as a series by the wizard rather than as a data range. Eg. lets say I'm examining the quantities of a certain product in orders placed by customers Widgets/Order Coun 0 9 1 2 2 2 3 5 4 1 5 Highlighting this range and running the wizard treats both columns as a series. I can manually tell Excel to treat the first column as a ran...

How to create a single line separated by commas from a matrix?
Hello, I've the following problem. I've a table made of several columns. Each colum represents a characteristic regarding to a subject (e.g. Name, Surname, Home Street, etc...). In the rows I put the different people. I need to export these info to a format compatible with other program - an email program-, which requires the information to be arranged in a different way. The program needs all these data to be ordered in a single row, with each characteristic between quotation marks, and separated by commas, following this pattern: "characteristic 1","characteristic ...

Linking Cells!
I have worksheets 1 thru 31. I have 3 more worksheets that I want to link the same cell on each of the 31 sheets. These worksheets have 31 rows, one for each day on them. I want to link a cell from each sheet on an individual row for each day. Now I have 2 other sheets that I want to do the same thing with. But from different cells on the 31 sheets. Is there a way to do this so excel will change the links to instead of the cells when coping? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Money 02 and 04
Anyone know the difference between M02 and M04? Is it worth the upgrade? why don't you download the free trial and check it out ? "pbrig" <pbrig@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:0b3801c38ba0$a7adf690$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know the difference between M02 and M04? Is it > worth the upgrade? This page gives some details from the US version: http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/upgrading.asp -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your ...

Loop Excel Borders
Hi, I have 50 spreadsheets that have one worksheet. I have all the data in each spreadsheet but only first (1 of 50) has the lines. This is what I want but I am not able to get all next 49 spreadsheet does not have the lines. Can you help me and how to create all the spreadsheets that have lines? Your help would be much appreciated. Here is the code below: '********************************************************************* For Each cell In Range("A4", Range("A65536").End(xlUp)) If cell.Value > "" Then With Range(cell, cell.Offset(...

Highlighting blanks via GO TO SPECIAL is not highlighting blank cells
Long story, but I'm now 4 hours into a simple task. The formula: =IF(AND(ISBLANK(B18),ISBLANK(F18)),"~~~~",IF(ISBLANK(TRIM(F18)),,TRIM(F18))) All those trims are to make absolutely completely sure that when I PASTE > SPECIAL > VALUES from the resultant cells of my formula, I need to make sure that blanks really are blanks. And they are. In fact, I made all the boxes TEXT format once I'd pasted them. And I went into each on and checked that they were blank - no hidden spaces or anything. STILL goto special won't mark them as blank. I REALLY need this urgently, ...

Numbers in cells not responding to Format Cells
I work with an accounting software primarily for schools, churche called Logos Management Software. It has General Ledger, A/P an Payroll modules, Reporting and more. Reports can be exported to Exce which I do regularly. Today I imported an income and expense report. In the imported Exce spreadsheet the amounts/numbers in the cells are left justified with sign, commas and decimal at 2 places. Until today�s import, I have ha no problem highlighting the amounts/numbers, right click, select Forma Cells, select Number, select 2 decimal places, comma and the number would move to the right an...

Master image to use in separate sheets?
Hello All, Does anyone know if there is a way to tell Excel to use the same image/background for each sheet, instead of needing to import for each one? Or is there a way to set up a (similiar to Power Point/Master slide). Thanks in advance, drew If it's just for one workbook, I'd have a master worksheet in that workbook that I could just copy. If it's for lots of workbooks, I'd set up a workbook with one sheet that had that background the way I wanted it. Then save this workbook as a Template (let the folder default to excel's favorite). Tnen when you rightclick on...

Checking if a cell is filled up with data
Hi! I would like to write a function that checks if a cell is empty or if it has any kind of data. The kind of datas (numbers or words or bocth) is irrelevant. The only thing that is important is whether or not the cell is empty. Has anyone an idea how I could write such a function? Thanks -- xpucto ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xpucto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23748 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=374119 =IF(A1="","",A1) Enter this f...

Simple way to enable just my personal macros in Excel (& Office) 2007
We recently upgraded to Office 2007. I have a number of macros in Excel. I just opened a spreadsheet I use periodically and I get a #NAME? error in every cell with a macro reference. These are my own personal macros. How do I enable them without opening the doors to potential malware? Thanks -- Hi LurfysMa, > These are my own personal macros. How do I enable them without opening > the doors to potential malware? You can tell Excel 2007 to trust all macros in a specific folder on your drive: - click the Office button and choose Excel Options - Click "Trust Center" and...

Excel: too many different cell formats
I am plagued by this error in a large multi-paged workbook in Excel 2000. Is there a workaround? Will a later version have a better tolerance? Check out this Jack XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 David McRitchie posted this Leo Heuser posted a macro 2001-05-06 in programming as a very major revision of the macro in the eee007 article. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=OxP9cgi1AHA.1572%40tkmsftngp02 -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Jack" <Hig...

auto fill data from cells
i would like to be able to enter text data in cells in column b on 6 different worksheets and then have a seventh worksheet that will display all of the text data from the six different sheets on it. So, if i list 40 words in b5 thru b45(one word per cell) on all six sheets, i would like to see all 240 words on the seventh sheet(total "catch all" sheet) Any help would be greatly appreciatiated. thanks dude On the 7th sheet, in cell A1 ='Sheet1'!B5 fill the formula down to A40 On the 7th sheet, in cell B1 ='Sheet2'!B5 and again fill the formula down to B40 R...

excel 2003 formula
I'm trying to make a formula for a list to check and strike out another on 3 sheets. Only 2 are using the info, sheet 3 has various colums to check. Sheet 2 A B dog yes cat (blank) Sheet 3 A C E etc... Dog(striked) Blank Dog(striked) If sheet 2, B is yes then check Sheet 3 colums and strike them out. Hope that made sense. Similar to a called off list. Please help me if you can. TIA Ginger Try posting your question in an Excel-specific newsgroup. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publ...

Running eseutil /d simultaneously in 2 different stores
Hi all! Just wondering if it is possible to run more than one instance of "eseutil /d" simultaneously in 2 (or more) different mailbox stores. Does anyone know if it can be done? Any articles or documentation about it? Thanks for any help Andre Seitz Don't see a problem with that, as long as you have the storage and cpu to support that kind of activity (depending on size of stores.... ). -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Seitz" <seitz@uol.com.br> wrote in message news:Oh2$fhFxFHA.3252@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all! >...

Separate inboxes for separate accounts
How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail came from? Using Outlook 2000. >-----Original Message----- >How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail >accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail >came from? Using Outlook 2000. >. > I'm a novice but I just ask that question and dl@spoofmail.com gave me the following advice: It is done with rules. 1st create your folders (sounds like you've done that.) Then select Tools / rules & alerts / New Rule... This brings up...

How do I reference a cell to automatically update in a header
How do I reference a cell in a worksheet to automatically report in a header or a footer. I believe it could be accomplished with an Event-Macro at the sheets level. Assuming B5 Text should be reflected as the Header - try this: ------------------------------------------------------------ Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$B$5" Then ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = [B5] End If End Sub ------------- Micky "Dan" wrote: > How do I reference a cell in a worksheet to automatically report in a header ...

Why does Excel automatically choose the PlotBy method
Does anyone know what the criteria is that Excel uses to decide whether to plot by rows or columns. In most cases it will default to rows on a column chart, but every now and then it decides to choose columns when the selected range is non-contiguous (which is legal), but rectangular. Anyone seen this behavior before? Roy Roy - Excel chooses ByRow/ByColumn based on the shape of the selected range. If your data range has equal rows and columns, or more columns than rows, Excel chooses ByRow. If you have more rows than columns, Excel chooses ByColumn. Sometimes if a discontiguous range ...

Scenarios larger than 32 cells
I am using Scenario Manager to interchange a group of about 120 cells. Recognizing the Excel limitation of 32 cells per scenario, this forces me to identify 4 separate scenarios for each group of data. Is there an alternate solution which would reduce the number of scenarios I must designate ? I have in the past used macros to copy/paste the cell values into the proper position, as opposed to scenarios. So is the macro/VBA solution more efficient ? Your thoughts and help would be appreciated. Regards, Chris S. There's a sample workbook here, that uses an alternative method to...

direct clip art from microsoft online to power point
I want to movr clip art from online to powerpoint Solar Dave, You want to use clipart from the Office Online site? You can do that from within PowerPoint. Just activate the clipart task pane, type in your search word, click search. You will be presented with all related clipart. If you want to download directly from Office Online, click on the clipart tab on the website, under search for type your search word. A selection will appear, put a check next to the item you want. On your left you wil see download x items. Click on it, you will probably be presented with some screen in...

Separating a comma separated list
Not having a great deal of experience with macros, I thought I might see if I could pick the brains of the group. I have to essentially break out a comma separated text string in a single cell into a vertical list, with a reference number thrown in for good measure. Example. Data I have: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John,Jones Adam,Brown Philip,Greene Thomas 3 102 Smith John,Jackson Arthur Needs to look like: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John 3 101 Jones Adam 4 101 Brown Philip 5 101 Gr...

Cell can left indent; anything for right side of cell?
Is there a way to leave more space between the end of a word and the right side of the column? I indented the left side of the column by using the indent option set to "1" in the alignment tab of the formatting box. Besides adding an extra column to the end of the row and making it very small in width and extending the border to that extra "spacer" column, is there a way to make this space? My spreadsheet is done and if I have to do this, I'll have tons of work re-writing code. I was going to use Word for the final presentation of the data, but it didn't work ou...

Copying worksheet to different workbook
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I need to add a worksheet that has links to cells on another worksheet in the same workbook, over to another workbook. The copy/move works, but, the links to the cells point to the original workbook. Is there an easy way to copy it over? (I need to do this with a few hundred files. updating older versions) Hi Anode, If you look in the destination worksheet, you'll see that the references in the forumlae now have the original file's name enclosed in square brackets, like [Book1]. Simply copy the original ...

Import information to Excel
I have a link to transfer data from an internet resource into my excel sheet. I can only grab block of information from the webpage. Is there a way to specify the inforation I want instead of having to link the whole block of data? The reason I'm asking is when I link a block, several column of data will be imported to Excel in one column. I use "Text to Columns", but that won't help next time I refresh the data. Thanks. Jason in <get external data> if you want the tables only you can specify. If you want only one table then also you can specify. Only proble...

Excel #16
When I enter a number in a cell, like a serial number with 16 digits, it always makes the last number a zero even when it isn't. For instance I will type 23467923400998 but it will show 23467923400990 Excel's limit is 15 digits, Regards, Alan. "trafficpower" <trafficpower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E77B898-D79D-4DA1-BD8E-69F92B31C15D@microsoft.com... > When I enter a number in a cell, like a serial number with 16 digits, it > always makes the last number a zero even when it isn't. > > For instance I will type 23467...

Create calculated query for time difference
Hi, In a list box i am displaying the request number and request date and time for a user after reteriving from table. i need to add one extra column which should display the ageing of the request by taking the difference between request date and time and current date/time. please tell me how this can be done. thanks, navin Hi Navin You could use a calculated column in the query the combo is based on Difference:DateDiff("d", TableName!FieldName,Date()) -- Wayne Manchester, England. "navin" wrote: > Hi, > > In a list box i am displaying the request num...