How do I see my own message posts ?

Hi

On many forums (inc some Microsoft), once you have signed in with MS Live ID
you can see your own posts very easily...can't see a way to do that on MS
Office Online Forums. ?!

Any way to do this (to save searching...I seem to keep 'losing'
posts....unless MS are removing them ?)

Thanks

tomhass

Generally not wise to use the MS Discussion Group web interface.  Better to
use an alternative method of accessing the newsgroups (then you might stand
a better chance of seeing replies from the wider world, which the MSDG
interface has been ignoring in recent weeks).
--
David Biddulph

"tomhass" <tomhass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> On many forums (inc some Microsoft), once you have signed in with MS Live
> ID
> you can see your own posts very easily...can't see a way to do that on MS
> Office Online Forums. ?!
>
> Any way to do this (to save searching...I seem to keep 'losing'
> posts....unless MS are removing them ?)
>
> Thanks
>
> tomhass

0
David
11/16/2009 4:00:30 PM
"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk> wrote:
> you might stand a better chance of seeing replies
> from the wider world, which the MSDG interface has
> been ignoring in recent weeks

The persistent problem was fixed as of some time on Nov 10.  When they fixed
the problem, they also made an effort to catch up on missed external
postings.

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk> wrote in message
> Generally not wise to use the MS Discussion Group web interface.  Better
> to use an alternative method of accessing the newsgroups (then you might
> stand a better chance of seeing replies from the wider world, which the
> MSDG interface has been ignoring in recent weeks).
> --
> David Biddulph
>
> "tomhass" <tomhass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> On many forums (inc some Microsoft), once you have signed in with MS Live
>> ID
>> you can see your own posts very easily...can't see a way to do that on MS
>> Office Online Forums. ?!
>>
>> Any way to do this (to save searching...I seem to keep 'losing'
>> posts....unless MS are removing them ?)
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> tomhass

0
Joe
11/16/2009 4:48:03 PM
"tomhass" <tomhass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Subject: How do I see my own message posts ?

With the MS Discussion Groups web interface, start by doing one of the
following:

1. Click on a message that you submitted, then click on your name next to
"By" in the upper left corner.

2. Click on the "Edit your profile" icon next to Help on the upper right,
then click on Preview at the bottom.

Both procedures open a User Profile window.  There, click on "Recent posts"
in the upper right.

I cannot vouch for the completeness of the results; at the very least, the
order seems odd.  In general, the MSDG web interface is not the best way to
read and post to the microsoft.public newsgroups.

> On many forums (inc some Microsoft), once you have signed in with MS Live
> ID
> you can see your own posts very easily...can't see a way to do that on MS
> Office Online Forums. ?!
>
> Any way to do this (to save searching...I seem to keep 'losing'
> posts....unless MS are removing them ?)
>
> Thanks
>
> tomhass

0
Joe
11/16/2009 4:56:40 PM
Hi David

Which "alternatives" would you recommend?

--
James.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> Generally not wise to use the MS Discussion Group web interface.  Better to
> use an alternative method of accessing the newsgroups (then you might stand
> a better chance of seeing replies from the wider world, which the MSDG
> interface has been ignoring in recent weeks).
> --
> David Biddulph
>
> "tomhass" <tomhass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > On many forums (inc some Microsoft), once you have signed in with MS Live
> > ID
> > you can see your own posts very easily...can't see a way to do that on MS
> > Office Online Forums. ?!
> >
> > Any way to do this (to save searching...I seem to keep 'losing'
> > posts....unless MS are removing them ?)
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > tomhass
>

> .

I prefer Outlook Express.  Others prefer other newsreaders.  In either case,
you can use the server msnews.microsoft.com.

For an archive search, I would recommend Google, and that also gives the
ability to post.
Newsgroup hints:
  a.. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/HintsAndTipsForNewsgroupUsers.aspx
  b.. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc

--
David Biddulph

"James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi David
>
> Which "alternatives" would you recommend?
>

> --
> James.
>

> "David Biddulph" wrote:
>
>> Generally not wise to use the MS Discussion Group web interface.  Better
>> use an alternative method of accessing the newsgroups (then you might
>> stand
>> a better chance of seeing replies from the wider world, which the MSDG
>> interface has been ignoring in recent weeks).
>> --
>> David Biddulph
>>
>> "tomhass" <tomhass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > On many forums (inc some Microsoft), once you have signed in with MS
>> > Live
>> > ID
>> > you can see your own posts very easily...can't see a way to do that on
>> > MS
>> > Office Online Forums. ?!
>> >
>> > Any way to do this (to save searching...I seem to keep 'losing'
>> > posts....unless MS are removing them ?)
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > tomhass
>>

>> .

0
David
11/17/2009 11:55:19 AM
Just another way of posting in and out pf the newsgroups, our forums
both post out to and import posts from the newsgroups, its a great way
of keeping track of your replies and posts, use the link below to join
our forums for free!

--
The Code Cage Team

Regards,
The Code Cage Team
The Code Cage Team's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=2
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=154463

[url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&quot;]Microsoft Office Help[/url]

0
The
11/17/2009 12:06:51 PM
Thank you David and Code Cage Team

--
James.

"The Code Cage Team" wrote:

> Just another way of posting in and out pf the newsgroups, our forums
> both post out to and import posts from the newsgroups, its a great way
> of keeping track of your replies and posts, use the link below to join
> our forums for free!
>
> James;560773 Wrote:
> > Hi David
> >
> > Which "alternatives" would you recommend?
> >

> > --
> > James.
> >

> > "David Biddulph" wrote:
> >
> > > Generally not wise to use the MS Discussion Group web interface.
> > Better to
> > > use an alternative method of accessing the newsgroups (then you might
> > stand
> > > a better chance of seeing replies from the wider world, which the
> > MSDG
> > > interface has been ignoring in recent weeks).
> > > --
> > > David Biddulph
> > >
> > > "tomhass" <tomhass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > MS Live
> > on MS

> > > .
> > >

> --
> The Code Cage Team
>
> Regards,
> The Code Cage Team
> 'The Code Cage' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
> The Code Cage Team's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=2
> View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=154463
>
> [url="http://www.thecodecage.com"]Microsoft Office Help[/url]
>
> .

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Outlook 2003 and PDA hold getting messages
I am running XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with latest SP's and have a ongoing problem I can not solve. My Dell Axim is connected, and Active Sync is set to stay up to date automatically, this part works. Outlook is set to access my POP account every 3 minutes. I am a SOHO so I need my mail. Well Outlook will not go get the message every 3 min UNLESS I remove the Dell from its docking station. It will check messages if I F9 outlook, or manually click the send/receive radio button.. I have tried different times and nothing seems to work.. Is there some setting somewhere I am missing? TIA ...

Duplicate email messages being created without downloading
Whenever we start Outlook XP (2002), it downloads new messages from the server, but also creates several hundred duplicate messages of email that had already been downloaded. We've verified that it is not downloading them, but recreating them from messages that already exist in one of the email folders. All the diagnosis I've read only addresses duplicates that are actually downloaded, but that's not our case. We are current with updates, and have archived and compacted to see if that would help, but it didn't. What can cause Outlook to recreate email messages that already hav...

553 invalid sender message
We have one user that gets a communication failure 553 invalid sender message when he sends to users at a particular company. Everyone else in the company does not have this problem and he also can send to everyone else. Any ideas what is going on? Exchange 5.5 is the server. Outlook 2002 AND Outlook 2000 is client software. Only his account has this problem. Had another user with the same problem on a different e- mail address being sent to a different company. Anyone have any ideas???!!!! >-----Original Message----- >We have one user that gets a communication failure 553...

Exchange 2000 message Tracking Question
Hey guys: I have something extrange going on my SBS2000. One internal user claims he had sent an email on Jan 12 to another internal user. The receipient claims she didn't received the message. When I do the message tracking tool it shows that the message was actually delivered: 1/12/2005 12:43PM SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store 1/12/2005 12:43PM SMTP: Message Sugmited to Advanced Queing 1/12/2005 12:43PM SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advance Queue 1/12/2005 12:43PM SMTP: Message Submited to Categorizer 1/12/2005 12:43PM SMTO: Message Delivered locally to rose@mydom...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn´┐Żes ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

News Messages
Is there any way to save a newsgroup message in an Outlook folder with OE as the newsreader? I tried dragging it from OE to the selected Outlook folder but Outlook would not accept it. if outlook connects to an IMAP mailbox, create an imap account in OE and drag messages to it. Otherwise, create a 'news archive' folder in OE and export it to OL every so often. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions C...

Can't save messages to hard drive from Outlook 2000 with Exchange 5.5
When I try to copy emails (with attachments) to a folder on my desktop I get an error that says " An error occured while copying file" Every once in a while a file will copy but there seems no rhyme or reason to it. Files without attachments will copy fine. I can move the emails between folders in my in box but I have the same problems trying to archive the files or trying to copy them to personal folders. I have office service pack 3 installed. I CAN open the files up one by one and "save as" and they will save but that is ridiculous. Usually I see this as a...

Help Importing Messages
Hi, Im having difficulty transferring my email messages from old PC to new one. (Using outlook on both machines). I saved my folders which are located under windows/application data /identities on my old pc to a portable drive. Im not sure how to successfully import these messages into outlook on my new machine. Can anyone help explain how this is achieved. Any help would be much obliged. Regards ...

Display images in message
I received a message with like 15 JPEGs attached. Is there away to view them inline in the message without having to open each and every one? Also, can you enable inline images for attachments on all messages received? I have Outlook 2003. No, Outlook only shows pictures in-line when they were inserted in-line by Insert-> Picture... When they were inserted as an attachment by Insert-> File... they will also be shown as attachment. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with...

Error Message msmsgs.exe
msmsgs.exe X The procedure entry point CloseAppWindows could not be located in the dynamic library oscore.dll. Every time I open Outlook 2002, that is after I ran the latest upgrades from the Office XP website, I keep getting the above message. This also occures everytime I click on any e-mail in the list. How can I correct this problem? ...

Outlook 2003 - Unable to receive POP3 e-mail
I really need some help! I'm totally stumped. I have two completely different POP# e-mail accounts. For some reason, I am suddenly unable to receive e-mail from either account. I made no changes to the system between the time I last received e-mail and the following attempt in which I couldn't. Three points of note: 1) Upon attempting to "Detect and Repair", I found the engine was disabled. I don't recall doing that. I reset the engine to automatic. 2) Previously, I had been getting some corruption in the file that tells the server what messages I have dow...

Receiving error attempting to reply to or save message
I have my hotmail account set up as an HTTP type. I am receiving e-mails fine, but when I attempt to reply, I get the error message, "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error." According to the "Check for updates" utility on Office Online, my updates are current. I am using Outlook 2002. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this? ...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

Outlook Reading Message problems
I have a question. A France client send message to our outlook 2002 received. When open message , it show " can't open this item", After I try forward message, it show " the messaging interface has returned an unknow error. If the problem persists, retart outlook" . This message cc person can read this message , pls advice how can fix. THx IITITITIT ...

Some messages not received
I have been using Windows Mail for only a week with my Juno e-mail address, before this I used the stand alone Juno program. I'm sending/receiving e-mails just fine, but I'm finding out some of my e-mails are not being received on the other end (or even a couple have been super delayed). They are being sent to people I have always sent to and I know I'm part of their address book and they aren't in their junk folders. I send/receive often so they are not in my Outbox either. Any suggestions? Well not receiving ever is quite different from being super delayed. ...

How long is too long for a post in this forum?
I tried to send the text of an error window that popped up in Excel, along with some specific questions. I learned that one is not allowed to insert a JPG, so I attached a couple. Then I got the too long message. I trimmed up the body of the message and removed one JPG attachment and tried again. This time, the system gave me a similar too long message and deleted my outboxed message. Each JPG file was only 60KB in size So how long is too long, and how can we tell in advance of the system deleting the whole message? Please do NOT attach anything to posts here. You will NOT make ...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

Move and Follow message
How can you move a message form your inbox and automatically follow it. Thta way your response is automatically saved in the subject folder. ...

leaving an "out of office" message
I have always in the past (prior to Outlook) been able to leave an "Out of Office" message but can't do with Outlook. I called the support desk and they don't know either. I have gone to Options, Properties, etc., to no avail. Anyone out there know how to do this. Thanks, In OUTLOOK you have to be using Exchange Server to use this feature. Once Exchange Server is recognized, the option for OUT OF OFFICE can be seen on the tools menu. No one at MS Support new this?? "Tommie" <tommie@travltravl.com> wrote in message news:038001c35de2$c78107a0$a101280a@p...

Address Book Not Working With Text Messages Sent By Outlook
Every time I try to send a text message per Outlook, I can type and send the message, only as long as I physically type a person's name in the To box. If I click on the little address book button beside the To box or click on the icon at the top of the message page, I immediately get kicked out of Outlook, and it must restart. Does anyone know what is wrong and how it might be fixed? Thanks, Candy What version of Outlook? What type of email account? It sounds like the address book is corrupt. If you use outlook 2003 or older, try this: go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose Vie...

Messages not being received at destination
Hi, I got a report that one of our customers is not receiving our email. This is an intermittent problem and I feel that it is not at our end, but theirs, but they want proof. We have an Exchane 2003 server. When I look at the message tracking log for any message sent to this address that is not receiving, the last line where it says "Message transferred to", instead of a server destination name, I see ************************************200***2*****0*00 Does anyone know what this means? Thanks, On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:09:00 -0800, Sandy M <SandyM@discussio...

Outlook 2003 hangs when downloading POP3 messages

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...