How do I restore format cells menu?

I am working in Excel 2002, multi-page workbook. On some pages "format cell"
is not operational - neither from the toolbar or by right-clicking mouse.
Command is there but produces no result. On other pages in the same book all
is well. There are no protected pages, and this is happening only in one
particular workbook. Have tried reset to no avail. When copy and paste
material to properly functioning page problem is carried as well. Any ideas
would be muchly appreciated.
0
nskalie (1)

I need to shift cells down only to a point w/o disturbing the bot.
I have a spreadsheet in which the cells need to be moved down, however only to a point. If I move everything down it disturbs the bottom row of totals. Can anyone help me? I think you need to provide a few more details about what exactly you are trying to accomplish. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "wade2753" <wade2753@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D905FEE5-2EA7-47A1-A532-4D0CA743121C@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet in which the cells need to be moved down, >however o...

There should be a way to restore the address book in outlook
The help file shows how to backup the address book to a .pst file but is nothing about RESTORE in the help fiile. Maybe it's called something else??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

Time format
How do I get the cell to calculate timesheets so that I know the total time worked in a day with answer being in decimals? example: working 6 hours 30 minutes will be 6.50, 6 hours 10 minutes is 6.17 Jason Hi if your time is stored in the format 06:30 use the formula =A1*24 and format this resulting cell as decimal -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "JB" <noemail@sorry.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:10iva4ipkskts63@corp.supernews.com... > How do I get the cell to calculate timesheets so that I know the total time > worked in a day with answer being in deci...

create a chart in word from cells in excel for specific individua
I am merging information into word from an excel spreadsheet for about 400 individuals. I want to create an individual chart in word for each person specific to their information. I can either pull the info from excel or use the merged info in the individualized word documents to create the chart. Without creating 400 charts, does anyone know how to accomplish this? ...

formatting #2
How do I change my format menu to be constantly in HTML instead of Plain Text? Thanks Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format Note that when you receive a Plain Text mail and choose Reply/Forward you'll compose that message in Plain Text as well. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net ...

Why can't I format cells in Excel 2000?
I am working with a spreadsheet I created a year ago. When I right mouse click on a cell to change the format, nothing happens. If the problem is that the Cell menu is disabled you can re-enable it with a macro: Commandbars("Cell").Enabled = True If you're not familiar with macros you might try renaming your toolbar file (where "customizations" are kept). With Excel closed find you XLB file (For Excel 2000 typically EXCEL.XLB in C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel) and rename it. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "La...

Update date in one cell when any cell in a range is modified
Hi group, I have one cell in a worksheet where I would like to have the date refreshed *if and when* any of the cells in several columns and abt 25 rows are modified. How can I do this? My date goes in H1. The cells which may be modified are C4:C15, D4:D15, G4:15, K4:K33 and L4:L33 Lars Stockholm First, G4:15 is really G4:G15???? Are they updated by typing? If yes, you can tie into the worksheet_Change event. Rightclick on the worksheet tab that should have this behavior. Select view code and paste this into the code window that just opened: Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Ch...

Date formats in word
Using word 2007. If you type in a date, what appears to be an autocorrect option appears above. If you press enter the date is added to your date. If you press space it goes away. The date that is added is not the format we use in Austraila. How can that be changed. And how can this facility be disabled? When the date with the message Press enter to insert appears, just press the space bar instead. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally poste...

CONVERT DATES FROM EUROPEAN FORMAT TO US FORMAT
I have a list of invoice dates where the day is first and the month is second, and the year is third. I need to convert to the US format of month first, day second and year third. Any suggestions are most appreciated. Thanks. Can you describe the values a little more? Are they actual dates, that Excel displays, but the months and days are transposed? Where Dec 31 does not display as a date: 31/12/2006 would be a text entry, but Dec 3rd would be 03/12/2006 and display as March 3rd. Are they in some numeric or text format: 31122006 ? 31/12/2006 ? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, W...

Outlook 2003 saved drafts lose format, subject title
I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. Outlook has been working well for months. I normally use HTML as the editor. However, recently (suddenly) every time a draft is saved, it turns into text and the Subject title is lost. The Subject title appears in the list of drafts, but it is not present when I open the email to do further editing. I tried first repairing and then reinstalling, but nothing changed. Help! Thanks, Bill Edelstein Baltimore, MD ...

System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point
My system is windows XP had a new hard drive installed 2008 with more space on it. Don't know what happened to the recovery CD for it, don't have it now, I think that's probably what I would need to repair it, any other way to fix it. Need help any one thank you. System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point, the (next) button does not function, because of a restoration to ''Software Distribution Service 3.0'' restore point was incomplete due to an improper shutdown. A system restore was necessary, I thought because I coul...

conditional formating
I want to format cells so that if they contain a letter i.e. "r" they will have a fill colour no matter what else is in the cell i.e rota in the cell turns it green os does run. any ideas anyone ian c One way: CF1: =FIND("r",A1) Note: FIND() is case sensitive. If you wish the formatting to be case insensitive, use SEARCH() instead In article <59480D32-8F50-4486-9D91-BA0CCF7DCBB8@microsoft.com>, "Ian@visualise" <iancurrie@visualise.org> wrote: > I want to format cells so that if they contain a letter i.e. "r" they will > have...

Counting consecutive cells
I have a spreadsheet of hours worked per day, for employees. I need to have an easy way (a function would be great), that can tell me if any worker has worked more than 6 days in a row. If an employee only works Mon - Fri, them there would be a value of 0. If an employee worked 5 days, Sat and Sun, and then another 5 days, the function would return 12 (the count of consecutive days worked, greater than 6 consecutive days). The reason for this is to keep a check on worker fatigue, and compliance with maximum working hours. Thanks for any help OM hi, can you describe or show the data dispositi...

Exchange 2K restore from backup
Hi there We have a server running sbs2K. A couple of days ago a public folder was deleted from outlook. No one noticed for until today. We run complete backups of exchange using ntbackup. So I completed a current full backup. When I tried a restore from a 2 day old backup for the public information store the restored database failed to mount. It stated that the log files were inconsistant I then tried a full restore of both the public store and the mailbox store with the log files as well. This also failed in the same way. I have ended up restoring the current database which ran fine Being ...

Restoring a Database
I created a back-up of my RMS database using Store Operations manager. When I go to restore the databse on a different computer (at a different location), I get an "Unable to Restore Error 5- Access is Denied." I have the sa password the same on both machines. Any suggestins? ...

Number Format #6
Can anyone help. The following code is part of a number generator, that fills a column with numbers in the format "0000" ie on 5 instances of AI, numbers 0700 - 0704 will be generated. However, when I try to add "+" or "-" to the end of the number, the numbers generated are 0700+, 701+, 702+, 703+, 704+. After the first instance I loose the leading "0". Any ideas on how I can maintain my number format, and also add "+" or "-" to the end of it. Thanks Alec Case "AI" .Offset(0, 4).Value = counter(4 * Z - 2, 0) &a...

copy cells which are horizontal to verticle
Hi, How do I copy a set of cells which are horizontal to verticle or vice versa? For example: A B C D E F G H I J 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d 5 6 To become A B C D E F G H I J 1 a b c d 2 3 4 5 6 Thanks. You could copy the selection and then use paste special and check the transpose check box on the bottom right corner of the dialog box. Ed -- nuver ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nuver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10036 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

Conditional formatting 03-06-10
I am using Excel 2007. I am trying to format time values that can range from seconds to years. If the time is below some threshold, say 1 day, I want to use the hh:mm:ss format. If it's larger that 1 day, I want to use the 0.00 format. After a little study, I selected this conditional format string: [<1]hh:mm:ss;[>=1]0.00 It seems to do the job. After some thought, it occurred to me that the second test might be unnecessary so I modified it to: [<1]hh:mm:ss;0.00 This also seems to work correctly. Is there any difference between these formats? Is one pr...

Formatting problem...
Hi, I need to create a macro which will format F16-F500 as red text on al selected sheets. Thanks in advance. Regards, Mjac -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mjack try '----- Public Sub format_cells() Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets wkSht.Range("F16:F500").Font.ColorIndex = 3 Next wkSht End Sub '----- Frank > Hi, > > I need to create a macro which will format F16-F500 as red text on all > selected sheets. Thanks in advance. > > Regards, > Mjack For Each sh In ActiveWorkb...

Preventing user name from appearing in new cell Comments.
I use the comment feature in Excel 2000 regularly. Every time a new comment is started, my user name in bold appears. I always have to overwrite it an turn off bold text before I create the comment. As I am the only user on this computer, and I do not share the information on-line with any other users, can some Excel expert please tell me how can I turn off the automatic insertion of my user name? Thank you. Hi Robert, ] XL2000: Sample Macro to Remove User Name from Comment http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213766 -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov...

Public Folders Restore
Hi everyone We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the backup. We have 5 Exchange servers accross different sites, now, if we restore the public folder database does that mean that all old itens will come up and replicated to all other exchange with replicas of these public folders? Is there a way that we restore and select only certain itens to restoed after a given date or something like that? Thanks "GIG" <gig@gig.com> wrote: >We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the >backup. >We have 5 Exchang...

System Restore unable to restore
My Win XP system is working fine, however whenever I try to do a System Restore it fails and I don't know why. In the distant past I have successfully run System Restore and returned the machine to an earlier time, so I am reasonably confident with its operation. When System Restore is opened the calender box shows each possible restore point date in bold. Selecting one of these, the dialogue box reports a valid system check point for that day. Proceeding with a selected date the system shuts down, restarts, fully loads then announces the system cannot be restored to the s...

Charts move and formatting changes when using 'Send to Mail Recipi
I having some trouble with Excel 2007 when I use the 'Send to Mail Recipient'. The charts that are created in the worksheet move from their position and cover other areas of the report when I use the Send to Mail Recipient. Is there a better way to send the report to someone in email form as apposed to an attachment that will keep the report looking as it should? I know it works good when saving as a HTML but this I am unable to send it in an email. This seems to be a problem with Excel 2007 as it was working just fine in Excel 2003. Any information on this to help me send the ...

Back up and restore of Out look express.
Hi all, I backed up my "document and settings" and would like to get my address book restored in Outlook Express. Do you know what extension the Address book is? Can I import it? Thanks Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Po...

Restore Exchange 2000 default permissions
is it possible to restore default permissions for the organisation in exchange 2000. At present anyone can open anyone else's mailbox!! Which i can't believe is the default. If there is no way to reset them can someone tell me what the permissions need to be so only the user and the administrators can access the mailboxes. My CEO is less than impressed that anyone can read his mail!! Cheers Minimum Permissions Required for Mailbox Stores and Public Folder Stores http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/StrPermwE2k3/2934133f-e3af-46a5-9369-1ece5843ff58.mspx?mfr...