how do I restore background grid in Excel?

rSomehow users have managed to remove the background grid in an excel
worksheet?  Desired (printable) grids are set by borders.  Cannot seem to get
these turkeys to use "clear contents" rather than other removal choices
(delete).  How can I restore these grids.
0
roopuppy (1)

Hi

Tools>Options>Gridlines

Regards

Roger Govier

roopuppy wrote:
> rSomehow users have managed to remove the background grid in an excel
> worksheet?  Desired (printable) grids are set by borders.  Cannot seem to get
> these turkeys to use "clear contents" rather than other removal choices
> (delete).  How can I restore these grids.
0
roger1272 (620)
11/11/2005 10:40:55 PM
I presume you are referring to your co-workers altering the Tools,
Options, View, Gridlines setting. Replace the tick.

--
Bryan Hessey
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059

Excell VBA code
I want VBA code to send formated output to printer from EXCELL spread sheet ...

Outlook XP won't open excel attachment
Outlook XP won't open excel attachment if excel is already open. This is a sporadic problem on office XP SP2. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Try this: In Excel, select Tools | Options | General Is the option to ignore other applications checked? If so, uncheck it... any better? -- Patrick Reed ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ MVP [Outlook] Have you checked www.slipstick.com? ~Please list Outlook version~ "Dean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cbc01c39d63$2e694580$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook XP won't open excel attachment if excel i...

Dynamic Excel loses SQL connection
We have CRM, SQL etc all in one Small Business Server. So why cannot export into dynamic Excel? The error we get when trying this is: Connection failed:SQLState:’01000’SQL Server Error: 10061[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).Connection failed:SQLState:’08001’SQL Server Error: 17[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. Static Excel works fine? Any ideas how to investigate? Hi there, I am having the same problem, have you found any solutions? Mine is Office 2007 and Vista. Thanks, Cindy ...

Way to make Excel only run certain formulas on a worksheet?
Hello, I am using Named Ranges in my primary worksheet, and referencing them with about 10,000 SUMPRODUCT formulas in another worksheet. When I add rows of data to the primary worksheet, the secondary worksheet is running all 10,000 formulas to see which cells should be populated. The SUMPRODUCT formulas all reference the "Application" and "Date" columns as the two criteria. Is there a way to make the secondary worksheet only run the formulas for the current date, like a GetDate() statement in SQL would do? That would greatly improve my performance becau...

There should be a way to restore the address book in outlook
The help file shows how to backup the address book to a .pst file but is nothing about RESTORE in the help fiile. Maybe it's called something else??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

Why can't I format cells in Excel 2000?
I am working with a spreadsheet I created a year ago. When I right mouse click on a cell to change the format, nothing happens. If the problem is that the Cell menu is disabled you can re-enable it with a macro: Commandbars("Cell").Enabled = True If you're not familiar with macros you might try renaming your toolbar file (where "customizations" are kept). With Excel closed find you XLB file (For Excel 2000 typically EXCEL.XLB in C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel) and rename it. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "La...

Import External Data (to Excel, from Excel) Misses Data
I had an Excel file with two tabs. One, "Log". was a running log filled out by processors (non-techie types). The other, "Scorecard", was various performance metrics calculated based on the log entries. For various reasons, I had to seperate these into two files. In order to calculate the scorecard, I used the "Import External Data" so the scorecard can be recalculated by "Refresh Data" to get the latest update from the log. In the import wizard, I select the Excel file with the log in it and then choose the tab that contains the log, "Log$". ...

Excel docs won't open from clicking file
I have a strange issue us Excel 2002. When I double-click on an excel document it only open the excel program and not the doc. I can then go to file|open and open it just fine and work on it etc. Excel seems to be OK other than this strange issue. Word and the other office programs don't do this at all??? I have checked and verified all folder options | files types, their associated open commands etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thanks- Hi Have a look at Tools/Option/General and uncheck 'Ignore other applications' if it's checked. Andy. "jayman" ...

System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point
My system is windows XP had a new hard drive installed 2008 with more space on it. Don't know what happened to the recovery CD for it, don't have it now, I think that's probably what I would need to repair it, any other way to fix it. Need help any one thank you. System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point, the (next) button does not function, because of a restoration to ''Software Distribution Service 3.0'' restore point was incomplete due to an improper shutdown. A system restore was necessary, I thought because I coul...

Paste Excel Object
I would like to copy a spreadsheet from Excel and paste it into a word document as an Excel Object. When I select print preview in Excel the spreadsheet shows up perfectly in a landscape format on one page. However, when I paste it into the word document in a landscape format it overruns the width of the page. Have tried changing margins but that hasn't worked well. I have also tried pasting some of the other formats (e.g., rich text, unformatted text, etc.) and they have not pasted well at all. Any suggestions as to how I can format this to achieve the same look on one page that I had...

What does Excel do when you go over the limit for total data point
The maximum number of total data points in a plot is 256,000. However, I have setup plots with > 1.5 million data points. Excel does not complain about this, but I'm guessing it is still only showing 256,000 points. The thing is, I can't figure out which 256,000 it is showing. I don't think it's just the first 256,000 because the data is sorted and it would look abruptly cutoff after the 256,000th point. I'm using a scatterplot if that helps. The plot looks correct, with gradually decreasing density towards the outer edges of the plot. But if it's only ...

Exchange 2K restore from backup
Hi there We have a server running sbs2K. A couple of days ago a public folder was deleted from outlook. No one noticed for until today. We run complete backups of exchange using ntbackup. So I completed a current full backup. When I tried a restore from a 2 day old backup for the public information store the restored database failed to mount. It stated that the log files were inconsistant I then tried a full restore of both the public store and the mailbox store with the log files as well. This also failed in the same way. I have ended up restoring the current database which ran fine Being ...

Formula in Excel 07 to get the formula used in one cell in another cell, showing VALUES, not cells references
Hi, I'm gonna illustrate this by an example as I think it is the easiest way to explain what I need: A1 = 10 A2 = 5 A3 = 2 because A3 = A1/A2 Now, what I want is to be able to in cell B3 to write some sort of formula e.g. =GetFormula(A3) that will give me: =10/5 and NOT =A1/A2 , NOR 2 Does anyone know what I can do? I don't know how to work with VBA or anything, but I know how to copy- paste if you know the codes. I previously got the following answer: ------------------------- Here is a custom function that will do what you want. To install the custom function: Alt+F11 to ope...

How do I make the Y axis in an excel chart the category axis?
I would like to create a scatter chart where the x axis is the value axis and the y axis is the category axis, and I can't seem to figure out how to switch the two. Jon's site will tell you how to do so . . . http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#SwitchXY ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "megnadoodle" wrote: > I would like to create a scatter chart where the x axis is the value axis and > the y axis is the category axis, and I can't seem to figure out how to switch > the two. Hi, If you want the Y axis to be a category...

USA type of BACKGROUND
Setting up local VFW Post web site. Need USA or VFW type of "background" - ANY SUGGESTIONS? hmmm, do a ixquick.com metasearch for VFW sites and see what others have done? I might start that way.... flightace49@hotmail.com wrote: > Setting up local VFW Post web site. Need USA or VFW type of "background" - ANY SUGGESTIONS? Try www.vfw.org Mike flightace49@hotmail.com wrote: > Setting up local VFW Post web site. Need USA or VFW type of "background" - ANY SUGGESTIONS? Check with National headquarters and see what graphics they have available an...

Excel dafault color palette
How can I PERMANENTLY change the colors in the default color palette in my Excel workbooks? Currently, when I change a color in a workbook, the color reverts back to the old color when I close and re-open the workbook, even when I save the file before closing. Hi! I don't seem to have this problem (XL2003, but I'm sure 97 and 200 were the same) I open a new workbook. Change a colour (Tool > Options > Color etc) I save the workbook. I reload the same workbook and it still has the changed colour. Moreover, if I now open another workbook and Tools> Options> Color an ...

Restoring a Database
I created a back-up of my RMS database using Store Operations manager. When I go to restore the databse on a different computer (at a different location), I get an "Unable to Restore Error 5- Access is Denied." I have the sa password the same on both machines. Any suggestins? ...

How to make Workbooks smaller / Excel performance better
I have a workbook that is accessed by a lot of users using different spec machines. The workbook is periodically updated with data added from different sources in an automated fashion using macros. Of late the file has grown from 23megs to a whopping 93megs, although as far as I can tell the new worksheets and charts added should *logically* constitute no more than a 20% increase in size from the previous incarnation, and anyway most of the data is stored as values (i.e. formulas removed after processing). This growth in file size has resulted in increased loading times and system slowdowns ...

Hiding formulas in Excel 2000
I want to hide my formulas (formuli ?) and leave everything else unprotected. Can this be done in Excel 2000 ? 1. Press Ctrl+A (may have to do it twice) to select the sheet. 2. Press Ctrl+1. 3. On the Protection tab uncheck the "locked" box and press OK. 4. Press F5 > Special. 5. Click Formulas and press OK. 6. Press Ctrl+1 again and click the "locked" and "hidden" boxes. Press OK. 7. Go to Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA "HarryMangurian" wrote: > I want to hide my formulas (formuli ?) and leave everything els...

Back up and restore of Out look express.
Hi all, I backed up my "document and settings" and would like to get my address book restored in Outlook Express. Do you know what extension the Address book is? Can I import it? Thanks Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Po...

Excel Spreadsheet Assignment
Please see next post -- Eboneyedk ...

Hyperlink Address for Charts in Excel?
Help! I have a sprawling Excel spreadsheet. All my charts are on their own sheets. I have created a summary page with links to various areas of the file. When I try to put an internal hyperlink in for a chart on its own sheet I can't! The standalone charts don't come up in the browser window from which you add the hyperlink address/location. Is there any way to get a cell reference for a chart that was created by selecting the "As a New Sheet" option? Kris You can't hyperlink to the chart sheet, but Jon Peltier has a macro workaround in his Charting FAQ article:...

Public Folders Restore
Hi everyone We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the backup. We have 5 Exchange servers accross different sites, now, if we restore the public folder database does that mean that all old itens will come up and replicated to all other exchange with replicas of these public folders? Is there a way that we restore and select only certain itens to restoed after a given date or something like that? Thanks "GIG" <gig@gig.com> wrote: >We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the >backup. >We have 5 Exchang...

excel tabs on top
is there anyway for me to take my tabs from the bottom of my worksheet and move them to the top. i like to use as much of my screen as possible so i have my taskbar hidden and sometimes when i try to go to tab it pops up. any thoughts?? Hi AFAIK this is not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "steve crowder" <steve crowder@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3CF18310-6554-4D6C-AAFF-E62C38396A1F@microsoft.com... > is there anyway for me to take my tabs from the bottom of my worksheet and > move them to the top. i like to use as much...

System Restore unable to restore
My Win XP system is working fine, however whenever I try to do a System Restore it fails and I don't know why. In the distant past I have successfully run System Restore and returned the machine to an earlier time, so I am reasonably confident with its operation. When System Restore is opened the calender box shows each possible restore point date in bold. Selecting one of these, the dialogue box reports a valid system check point for that day. Proceeding with a selected date the system shuts down, restarts, fully loads then announces the system cannot be restored to the s...