How do I remove the individual subtotal lines from a pivot table..

I made a pivot table to subtotal sales to multiple customers for multiple
part numbers.The pivot table summarizes by customer and then lists the
nultiple part numbers purchase.I want to eliminate the company subtotal line
and retain the individual lines for part number sales.

also, if possible I'd like to retain the customer name on the remaining
lines so it would look like this:

customer       part        qty         dollars
A                  b22          3           3
0
leo (105)

If you double click on that Customer header, you'll see options for subtotals
(including None).

And I don't think you can carry that field down the rows--and still keep it a
pivottable.

I sometimes copied that sheet, and the changed the pivottable to values
(copy|paste special|values), then filled in those blank cells.

I used a technique that Debra Dalgleish has at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html#Fill

(I use the manual method--I find it quicker than the macro!)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Thanks. It worked great. The reason I want to carrry the customer name down
when there are multiple parts is becuase I want to join sales forecast data
to past sales data.

thanks to you i can do that a lot easier,

Leo

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> If you double click on that Customer header, you'll see options for subtotals
> (including None).
>
> And I don't think you can carry that field down the rows--and still keep it a
> pivottable.
>
> I sometimes copied that sheet, and the changed the pivottable to values
> (copy|paste special|values), then filled in those blank cells.
>
> I used a technique that Debra Dalgleish has at:
> http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html#Fill
>
> (I use the manual method--I find it quicker than the macro!)
>
> leo wrote:
> >
> > I made a pivot table to subtotal sales to multiple customers for multiple
> > part numbers.The pivot table summarizes by customer and then lists the
> > nultiple part numbers purchase.I want to eliminate the company subtotal line
> > and retain the individual lines for part number sales.
> >
> > also, if possible I'd like to retain the customer name on the remaining
> > lines so it would look like this:
> >
> > customer       part        qty         dollars
> > A                  b22          3           3
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
leo (105)

Using variables with pivot tables
I have a pivot table which I would like to control from a navigation sheet i.e. I'd like to be able to change the values in the pivot using variables. Is this possible? Hi Lorraine If you are wanting to change the page fields in Pivot Tables, then you will probably be able to adapt some of the code in one or other of the tow downloads from Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#Pivot http://www.contextures.com/PivotMultiPagesChange.zip http://www.contextures.com/PivotPageSpinner.zip -- Regards Roger Govier "Lorraine G" <Lorraine G@...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Pivot Table -
Using Excel 2003, I'm having an issue in creating a Pivot table that exceeds 65K rows. Starting data set is: - 504 rows - 78 columns, comprised of: - 6 columns to go in "row" fields for Pivot - 72 columns to go in "data" fields for Pivot Here's the steps I go through: 1. select entire 78 x 504 range and create pivot in another blank sheet 2. add all 6 columns to "row" fields 3. With Grand-Total and Sub-Total rows included, the pivot now contains 1,948 rows. 4. When I remove all Grand-Total (Table Options, Uncheck Grand-Totals for ...

Removal

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

Pivot tables
I am not understanding a basic process in the pivot tables. I have a simple table of subcontracts for my construction company. The fields are: Job# Contract # Vendor Date Contract item # Description I can make a pivot table that shows the contract item #'s as a row label and then the sum of the valuse as a seperate column. What I want to show is the date and the description of each contract item, so that the pivot table would look something like this: Contract item #1 12/18/09 framing $18,000 Contract item #2 12/22/09 window prep $2,300 I can...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Installing individual app after updating
Should a version 10.0.0 of Excel run with an updated 10.1.5 of the rest of office? I did a few things out of order. Long ago, I installed Office v X without installing Excel. I then updated my version of office all the way to the latest, 10.1.5. Subsequently, I went back to the original CD to install Excel. Excel will not run; it doesn't even start. The 10.1.2 updater will not run. The 10.1.5 updater runs but doesn't update Excel. Is there any expectation that version 10.0.0 of Excel would run when almost all the other office files have been updated. As suggested by support,...

Need to remove selected characters

Excel 2007 returns data as 2007 table instead of range
I have a spreadsheet created in 2003 that has macros to update an MS-Query and apply sorting and filters to the results. It works in both 2003 and 2007 in compatibility mode. However, if I have to change the query in 2007 (compatibility mode), MS-Qury returns the data as a 2007 table. My VB code is now broken in both versions. Apparently tables have different "rules" for refreshing data, sorting and filtering. I don't want to change all my legacy code. I can't change my legacy code since we are still a mixed shop at the moment. I even less want to maintain two sets of code...

adding rules via command line
Hello, Is there a way to add a rule via command-line or to import a set of exported rules via command line? -thanks Moody No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "moody" <moody@telepacific.com> wrote in message news:ae7e01c4886f$881e96f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there a way to add a rule via command-line or to import > a set of exported rules via command line? > > -thanks > > Moody ...

line chart question
I am making some line charts and am wondering if anyone knows a simple way to have the lines transition from data point to data point in crisp 95-degree angles, rather than direct lines as is the default. Thanks for any suggestions. Mike, I think your requirements need clarification. If it's a line chart, then the items on the x (category) axis will be equally spaced, and the angles at each point will only be 95 (or any) degrees for certain values of the data points. What do you want to adjust to force these angles? -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake....

Transfer Table Name?
RMS V 1.3.1006 What is the name for the Transfer (in/out) table within RMS? I need to get after some xfers inbound to a closed location whose database we do not have to flip to. I would like to get at these via HQ Admin and delete them for the location specific. Thanks everyone! -- Jocelyn Jocelyn, These are stored in the PurchaseOrder/PurchaseOrderEntry tables. - Evan Culver New West Technologies "jocelynp" <jocelynp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E904E333-83B4-4174-A2F4-F7D27530597D@microsoft.com... > RMS V 1.3.1006 > > What is the name ...

Removing password protection on a sheet

Populate Table with Fields from Another Table?
I have 2 tables, Claims and Transactions. They have a 1 to many relationship, 1 claim can have many transactions. The issue I am having is that we are working backwards. Instead of inputting a claim and linking the transactions to the claim, I am receiving a data feed of the transactions and need to populate the claim table. I have PK ClaimNumber in my claim table and have the same field within the transaction table. I am thinking I would need a Find Dups query to get the unique claim numbers from the transaction table and then append to claim table. Getting multiple feed...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

how do you insert pictures into tables?
I want to make a table with the first row being the "Header". On the next row, I want to be able to insert a picture in the cell that will automatically format the cell to the size of the picture. Does that make sense? I basically want a placeholder for the picture but I want it INSIDE the table and I can not get it to do that. Thanks so much for your help and suggestions! With your cursor in the cell, fill, fill effects, picture tab. This will put the picture in the cell, Publisher does not automatically format the image to the cell size. You can manually resize the cell....

Adding and removing removable drives