How do I reduce the highth of the print dialog box in Excel?

The box is so tall I can't use any of the functions, including "print".
0
Michele (88)

Hi,

Try adjusting the screen resolution.
Right click your desktop, click properties
Go to the Settings tab
and adjust the Screen resolution by draging the slider
If you can't adjust the screen resolution then the driver for the graphics
card in your computer is not correctly installed. You'll have to refer to
the documentation which came with your PC to install the driver.

Shafiee.

Adding control boxes
For some reason, I am getting an error message from access saying that I cannot create any more controls on this form. It says if I have deleted controls that I can save the file as another name. Is there a limit to how many control boxes I can place on a form? -- Sue McCarthy On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 13:05:00 -0700, Sue wrote: > For some reason, I am getting an error message from access saying that I > cannot create any more controls on this form. It says if I have deleted > controls that I can save the file as another name. Is there a limit to how > many control boxes I c...

Printing "unknown error" and print file size is huge.
I have a file that will not print from one clients computer, but prints fine from others. This is a Publisher 2003 file, 2MB in size, with embedded, not linked, images. File is being opened from the same network location, with the same version of Publisher. When I print from the "problem" computer, the file size in the print que grows to over 100MB, and then fails to print, and gives me the "unknown error" It is being sent to the same network printer, and all of the print settings are the same between the different computers. Is there a setting in Publisher that...

Batch changes to many excel files
Our client sends our invoices via excel, and unfortunately, they send us one for each location. There are 57 locations. In addition, each file has a "cover" worksheet with their logo and a summary. Since we are importing these files into our database for processing - we currently have to open each file, delete the first worksheet, select all columns in the next worksheet, unhide all, clear all formatting and then save as a tab delimited file. Is there anyway through excel to do this in a batch all at once? If not, does anyone have a recommendation on a piece of software t...

finding contrls text given dialog id and control id
Hi I want to find a control's text without creating the dialog. Is there any way ? thanks & regards ~ Rudresh "Rudresh" <Rudresh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C81B7D0F-3DAC-4E51-8039-038E45589672@microsoft.com... > Hi > I want to find a control's text without creating the dialog. > Is there any way ? The only way that springs to mind is to LoadResource the DLGTEMPLATE[EX], parse it and walk the subsequent DLGITEMTEMPLAT[EX] elements looking for an id match and then parse through it to find the title text if present. -- Jeff Partch [...

Excel/Word merging format pb
I am trying to merge an excel spreadsheet w/financial information into a letter. When I complete the merge, the numbers show with no $ sign, nor comma separator. I have tried setting them up as text in the excel spdsheet, but that does not work either. Thanks for any suggestions -- this is driving me bonkers!!!! If you use a helper cell (in excel) with a formula like: =text(a1,"$0.00") Then import that, does it work? Debra Dalgleish has posted this: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word ...

Microsoft Office Word Document is missing from Insert Object dialog
From the Word 2007 ribbon, clicked Insert, Object, Insert Object. Received Object dialog. On Create tab of dialog, scrolled through list of available Object Types. Microsoft Office Word xxx types are missing. Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, etc. are there. Color me confused. Doesn't happen on all boxes here in-plant, but does on some. Hoping that someone can educate me with respect to: 1. What caused the problem, and 2. How to correct it. thanks, david You don't have, Insert | Object | Microsoft Word Document in your list? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP &...

Eestore the In Box of Outlook e-mail page to the original formatti
I was experimenting with the "Views" settings of my In Box email page. Now I would like to restore everything back to the original settings. How can I do that? Select Customize Current View and select Reset Current View by right clicking on the From,Subject,Received line in Outlook -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Balticbeau" <Balticbeau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5E78A45-1188-48D7-98A2-BAC4B90EF5A5@microsoft.com... >I wa...

how do i extra data from excel into Word Document template
Hi all I have two columns in my spreadsheet: *Name* and *amount due*: I have 100 records of a *name of a person* and a*mount due for each*. I wanna be able to Extract Each data from the spreadsheet and put it into a general Word Document Template for example - Dear [name goes here], Please advised that you have $[amount due] left and this should be paid by the end of the month. Sincerely, Your accountant. - How do i go about extracting this data and just basically automating the whole process? Thank you -Khaled -- Dev4me -------------------------------------------------------------...

Printing comments not available
In excel 2000 want to print comments, but the File - > Print Setup -> Sheet tab -> Comments Options are not selectable (are grey) and I couldn't get why is it so? Can anyone help with it? Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

button to print
Hi I have got a big worksheet with lots of information in it. I need to have a button to be able to click and print a sheet out automatically - Is this possible? If you do know a way to do this please let me know. Thank you Rob rob It is possible, but only you know what you want printed and what your print setup(printarea, margins, headers/footers etc.) will be. Suggest you Turn on the macro recorder while you do all that then print the sheet. You will get something like this........... Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 1/13/2005 by Gord Dibben Ac...

printing on 1sheet
Hi, how can i print , for example, 4 labels on 1 sheet in a horizontal position? It is my code which creates labels from values in spreadsheet and printing it: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "c").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range("E1:E" & lr) If c.Value <> "" Then c.Resize(1, 2).Copy Sheets("Arkusz2").Range("E3") _ .PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, _ ...

Is there a way to print out all emails from the same company all at once?
Hi all, Let's say I have a few emails from person B at company A, and a few emails from person C at company A, and a few emails from person D at company A; they all have the same domain address in their email addresses. Is there a way to print out their emails all at once in a batch? I am using Outlook 2003. Thanks a lot you might regroup them or put them all in a separate folder, select them, rightclick the selection and print.... -- I am what I am - the cow don''t make ham... "cfman" wrote: > Hi all, > > Let's say I have a few emails from pe...

Selecting text boxes code
What would a code that would say: Select all the text boxes in columm E...... Thanks, B -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This will do it: Sub SelectBoxesInColumnE() Dim myTextBoxes() As String Dim myBox As Object Dim iBox As Integer With ActiveSheet iBox = 0 For Each myBox In .TextBoxes If myBox.TopLeftCell.Column = 5 Then iBox = 1 + iBox ReDim Preserve myTextBoxes(1 To iBox) myTextBoxes(iBox) = myBox.Name End If Next .TextBoxes(myTextBoxes)...

Convert date (m/dd/yyyy) in text format into an excel recognised date
is there anyway to convert a TEXT field with a date into an excel recognised date? or the other way around - convert a date in excel into text output? Try Text>Data To Columns, third page in the wizard. -- HTH Bob "Rob P" <gwatcheater@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f574bab6-e53d-4d72-9fec-8c197cf174f3@j27g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > is there anyway to convert a TEXT field with a date into an excel > recognised date? > > or the other way around - convert a date in excel into text output? ...

Printing Problem #3
When I send an e-mail in outlook to a couple of my co- workers they can't print my e-mail. Anyone else I send an e-mail to can print and the two that can't print my e- mails can print anyone elses e-mails. Any ideas why? Any help would be great, thanx! ...

Linking Check Boxes or List Box to Query
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me out here as I am pulling my hair out. I have a form that has unbound fields as follows Text Box - Start Date Text Box - End Date Combo Box - Call Type and a button that runs the query which includes the fields Call Date - Between [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![txtCallDateStart] And [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![txtCallDateEnd] Call Type - [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![cboCallType] Company (no criteria required) Successful (this is the part I need help with) The available options for Succesful are - Yes, No or n/a I can achieve this by add...

reduce document print size
This seems like it should be an obvious answer, but I can't figure it out. I have a 24"x18" sign in Publisher, I want to reduce it to postcard size, or about 6"x4.5". I can't find any print driver setting to allow me to do this. There is a setting for 25% reduction but thats a function of the printer driver. Does publisher have a function to allow me to reduce the print size down to 12.5%? Hmmm.... I suppose I could output to jpg and reduce with photoshop.... surely there is a much easier answer though. Thanks! If there is text involved, the conversion...

Re
Having entered the following worksheet formula into cell B21 on Sheet2, =IF(B20="","No HyperLink", HYPERLINK(MID(CELL("FileName",G17),SEARCH("[",CELL("FileName",G17)), SEARCH("]",CELL("FileName",G17))-SEARCH("[",CELL("FileName",G17))+1)&CHAR(39)& RIGHT(CELL("filename",Sheet1!$A$1), LEN(CELL("filename",Sheet1!$A$1))- SEARCH("]",CELL("filename",Sheet1!$A$1)))&CHAR(39)&CHAR(33)&"A1", RIGHT(CELL("filename",Sheet1!$A$1), LEN(CELL(...

Converting Dialog Based App to SDI/MDI
Hi All, I have a dialog based application that I would like to convert to a SDI/MDI architecture. Typically my app normally has 3 or 4 modeless dialogs (each with their own class) running which I suppose would roughly translate to an individual View. I tried creating a SDI based on CFormView and that enables me to create one dialog in the main frame, but I am not sure how to go about adding all the other dialogs/classes to the main frame as well. What would be the most elegant solution for this problem? Many thanks in advance. -- Paul Aitman Paul Aitman wrote: > Hi All, > ...

export excel data to SQL
I am a novice at vb and am having difficulty getting this working. I have named the fields in excel and am trying to map the data to appropriate fields in SQL. I have a connection to the database and it does export successfully... except it exports all null values which means I am not mapping the fields correctly. I have pasted what I have written... What am I missing?? Sub AddRecord() 'Dimension Variables Dim conn 'Holds the Database Connection Object Dim rsAdd 'Holds the RecordSet for the New Record to be Added Dim strconn As String Dim sSQL 'Da...

How to reduce table?
I have a table with over 5000 rows. However, only about 2500 rows contain info, the rest are empty rows (one row with info, next empty, etc). I deleted a few rows by clicking on them and holding Ctrl key. But is there a way to delete several hundreds of empty rows at once? If there is, may someone please tell me how to do it! -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Select a column that has empty cells. F5>Special>Blanks>OK. Edit>Delete>Entire Rows. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 21:56:51 -0400, "ilyaz" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote: >I h...

Reducing the Database
I hope someone can verify this for me as I read it and cant find the original source again. I had a user with a mailbox size of 1g. I have deleted every item in his mailbox, with the exception of a few emails (no attachment) and expect his mailbox size to be well under 50 mb. I have did not perform an offline defrag on this mail server, but rather moved the user to a new mail server. Should his current mailbox size now reflect 50 mb or will it show 1g as it did on the other server? Thanks Ken Depends :-) What is your Deleted Items Retention policy? If you deleted everything yesterda...

printing from BP 4
I have what I hope isn't a stupid question. How can you print a web part from BP? We have web parts setup that run a query displaying slow moving inventory based on the sales id. the salespeople want to print their lists that appear on the portal. I may be missing something but I can not find how to easily print off the information in the window. If they could even just export it to Excel that would help the issue. Any help would be appreciated. Robert Fann Omni Packaging ------=_NextPart_0001_A23BC984 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for po...

Unintended change to Excel VBA code
A few days back, I posted a similar message to the main Access newsgroup, due to a situation with a networked Access database, concerning VBA code behind an Access user form. The feedback suggested that I re-save the Access ..mdb file as an .mde, and that seems to have solved the issue. Now it's happened again, but in an Excel workbook. The workbook has much VBA code, and the subroutines run in response to custom menu items. These subs have been running for several years with no problems. The sole user of the workbook has now encountered a compile error and tells me that the VBA shows her...

How do I print addresses on individual postcards ?
How do I print on individual post card which I have purchased? I would also like to know how to print those addreses using mail merge. Is this possible on Microsoft Word? "LuRa" <LuRa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D569B3FE-42B1-4307-A79E-E7678B934F70@microsoft.com... > How do I print on individual post card which I have purchased? > I would also like to know how to print those addreses using mail merge. > Is this possible on Microsoft Word? Use the Publisher Mail Merge feature. I know it's a four-letter word, but Publisher 2003 Help will prov...