how do I promote the highlighted rows to the top?

As title.
After viewing a big file and highlighted several rows with yellow, I am
planing to goback to change or relook those rows.
How do I move all those rows to the top of the spreadsheet?

Thanks

Hi harry

Why don't you use Conditional formatting to highlighted a row.
For example when you enter a "x" in column A.
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html

This way you can use AutoFilter to Filter on The "x"

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"harry" <harryliuusa@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eVU2K8VsEHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> As title.
> After viewing a big file and highlighted several rows with yellow, I am
> planing to goback to change or relook those rows.
> How do I move all those rows to the top of the spreadsheet?
>
> Thanks

0
rondebruin (3789)
10/13/2004 8:17:30 PM
Hi
see:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

harry wrote:
> As title.
> After viewing a big file and highlighted several rows with yellow, I
> am planing to goback to change or relook those rows.
> How do I move all those rows to the top of the spreadsheet?
>
> Thanks
0
frank.kabel (11126)

Top 50% Grouped by Month
Hi, I have two fields in a query which are Month and MedTime. I want to get the top 50% of the values or top half by month. The query returns about 200 records with about 15-20 records per month. So if October 09 has 20 records, I want to return the highest ten MedTime values. If November has 15 records, I want to return the top 7-8 records. So I would want the top half values for MedTime grouped by month. Can someone help? Thanks, You'll need a unique key column in the table to do this. If you don't already have one add an autonumber column. Then use a subquery...

Customized Promotions
We are currently evaluating RMS and finding it very nice and easy to use. I am looking for resources on how to build customized promotions that will integrate with RMS. Can anyone help me out where to find there resources? Thanks mymobile wrote: > We are currently evaluating RMS and finding it very nice and easy to use. I > am looking for resources on how to build customized promotions that will > integrate with RMS. Can anyone help me out where to find there resources? > Thanks Hi, what's a customized promotions?? Or what you understanded for customized promotions?? ...

Automatically Add Rows
Is it possible to have Excel automatically add rows, ideally a new row each month? I know you can use dynamic ranges to increase the range each month, but I'd like it to "physically" add a row in addition to this, so that I don't have to manually insert a row every month. Also I posted this on another forum without a response, so here goes: is it possible to have Excel dynamically change (add/delete) rows given user inputs? My problem is that I have a lot of data and would like the user to be able to enter a given begin/end date and have excel only show the data from thos...

Master Sheet Row Insertion
I have a master list that is linked to 5 other Team worksheets. Team 1: Rows 1 - 50 Team 2: Rows 51 - 100 Team 3: Rows 101 - 150 Team 4: Rows 151 - 200 Team 5: Rows 201 - 250 Now some of the teams need more record space and I need a Macro that inserts rows to the end of each team row allocation as follows: Check if there are less than 10 empty rows between Teams. Yes: Add rows to maintain 20 free rows between Teams No: Do not do anyhting. My current problem is that my macro adds the rows at the specific row where the macro was created. Let us say I created the Macro when Row 35 was em...

Highlighting Cells automaticall? HELP
For some reason, when I open excel and click on my mouse all the cells automatically become shaded. I can't stop this. Does anyone know how to? According to MSFT help, I should make sure that EXT doesn't appear in my status window. It doesn't and I'm still having this problem.... Hi Stern, Since Extended Selection is apparently not your problem take a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt For more information on EXT , ALT and other indicators and use of the Status Bar, but you've already eliminated this as a problem. http://www.mvps.org/dmc...

Top Items split into catagories
I need to see the top items under catagory headings - i've played with reports and tired to customise them, but no joy. I'd like this report for an HQ environment, but SO would be good enough. Would anyone give me pointers? Thanks!! HI Philip, I can really help you in this. Open the Sales - Top Items Report.qrp report and do the following: 1. Modify the Query and Group by clause first see below the code: TablesQueried = "FROM TransactionEntry WITH(NOLOCK) INNER JOIN [Transaction] WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber = [Transaction].TransactionNumbe...

I would like to merge two rows
hi - I want to merge two rows and make them one row Select the cells format|cells|Alignment tab check Merge cells -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" "hassan barjini" <hassanbarjini@ikiu.ac.ir> wrote in message news:eomNyd6$FHA.3136@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... : hi - I want to merge two rows and make them one row : : ...

New, Reply, and Forward are not Highlighted
Can someone please explain why my New, Reply, and Forward tabs are not highlighted, and are not allowing me to do anything? Philldu <Philldu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can someone please explain why my New, Reply, and Forward tabs are not > highlighted, and are not allowing me to do anything? I don't know of any Outlook view that shows New, Reply, and Forward as tabs. As buttons, yes, but not as tabs. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] WOW, that was insightful! Now if someone else could provide information that has some value it would be appriciated... Respectf...

Inserting rows #6
I have a column which shows the time in half-hour intervals, eg 12:00, 12:30 and so forth. However sometimes, not all intervals are present eg 12:00, 01:00. Is there a macro which can find this missing intervals and inset row/s for them? Each day starts with 12:00 (am) and end with 11:30 (pm). Any help is greatly appreciated. Aloys -- Aloysicus ...

reference every other row
Excel 2007 - I need to do a reference on every other row for another column to bring over some data. So for example: row 1 Column A Column B row 2 4229 row 3 $1000 row 4 5667 row 5 $2500 So I want in row2 column C "4229" and in row 2 column D $1000. In row 4 column C "5667" and in row 4 column D $2500 and so on. I need to bring up the dollar amount to the row above it so I can perform a vlookup on column A to bring over the corresponding dollar amou...

Promotion Helllllp!
Can somebody help me understand how the mix and match promotion works? I have a batch of product, all from one supplier, which i want to do a buy 2, get one free offer on (3 FOR 2). SO i set up a discount and number of items to pay full price is set to 2 and number of items to pay discounted price is set to 1, and discounted price is entered as £0.00. My question is - which item do they get free? I want the cheapest one to be free, or is it determined in the order that the items are scanned? Help much appreciated :) ...

deleting blank rows with formulas
Hi All, I use this macro to delete blank rows. But can's seem to get it t delete rows with formulas, even thow the row has no values. Any one know how? Public Sub DeleteBlankRows() Dim R As Long Dim C As Range Dim N As Long Dim Rng As Range On Error GoTo EndMacro Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 Then Set Rng = Selection Else Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows End If N = 0 For R = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1 If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rng.Rows(R).EntireRow) = Then Rng.Rows(R).EntireRow.Delet...

Correcting emailadres from promoted emailactivity
Hello, When there is a incoming email in my assigned queu witch is already send i can't correct the from adres when it's red. Strange enough the emailadres does exsists in a contact. Someone knows a solution? Eric When an email is promoted/received by Crm Crm will check the contact, account, lead and user tables for a matching email address. Only when exactly one match is found Crm will process with that entity, if multiple matches exists Crm will mark it unresolved. When Crm cannot resolve an emailaddress it will be displayed in red in the email detail form. When you click...

how do i expand and collapse rows
I need to expand and collapse ROWS, I want main info seen and rows below it collapsed so I can expand as needed, How do i do that?? i keep trying but it's not working out very well! >>i keep trying but it's not working out very well! ?? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "office wreck!" <office wreck!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F406B2CA-EEA3-4C29-98E7-2A4C22895C3B@microsoft.com... >I need to expand and collapse ROWS, I want main info seen and rows below it > collapsed so I can expand as n...

Consolidation problem. Adding rows to one tab that automatically add and update on another.
Hi all First post, here goes. I have googled this to no avail, perhaps you can help? I have a problem that I am trying to solve, it's hard to explain so I have produced a video of the problem and put it on YouTube, or perhaps you are able to follow my text below without the video? If you search for 'paulonthetube' on YouTube, you will find my video. I have four tabs in a spreadsheet. The first tab is a consolidation tab. More on that one later. Tabs 2-4 are my quotes (1-3) and include items, codes, quantity, unit cost, total unit cost, gross price and total gross price. Norma...

how do i see all of a row that is cut off in excel?
I have a spreadsheet that looks fine while typing, but in print preview and while printing, some of the rows are cut off at the top. i have tried to adjust the row height, and this does make the row larger, but the same thing happens in print preview and print. Have you tried manually setting the print range -- ajpower ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ajpowers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=940 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37788 How do you have the alignment set...

Outlook lockes when promoting or viewing a promoted email
I have a user whose Outlook locks up for 30-45 minutes if he clicks on the CRM button in the toolbar, opens an email that is tracked in crm, or tries to promote an email to CRM. Also, when Outlook opens now and again Outlook reports a problem with the CRM addin, and it seems to remove it to start outlook correctly. We have completely removed the CRM client and it's entire database and did a complete clean install. This problem still occurs. I am going to check the .net framework version today, create a new Outlook profile, and a few other hints I have found online. But I could use som...

Row level locking
I have a 2003 DB that is a decent size ~350MB in a FE/BE configuration. There are 5 or so users in the database at any given time and I occasionally get record locking errors that don't seem to make sense. I found the following post and KB article that seem like they would be worth trying: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/ba154c6468e75bce/22320ff80db40099?lnk=gst&q=record+locking+subform&rnum=26#22320ff80db40099 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306435 Has anyone else experienced this? Also, the code in the KB article is used for a spe...

Pasting to Rows with with text only
How can I tell Excel to paste data in column A, but only to those row that contain data? I know there is a way, but how? Thanxs in advance... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: - copy and paste your data (including formulas) - select column A and hit F5 - choose 'Special' and check 'formulas' - hit 'DEL' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > How can I tell Excel to paste data in column A, but only to those rows > that contain data? I know there is a way, but how? > > Thanxs in advance.... > > > --- > Message ...

Promoting email fails
I have a user that receives "An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the email?..." This happens for her intermittently. The common factors are she is connected to her network through VPN. She is trying to track the email in CRM though sending from her Outlook client. She is sending the email to an external email address though not necessarily a CRM contact. Has anyone seen this before? What is my best option for trouble...

Freeze header row at top of each page and exclude it from sorting
In Excel XP on Windows XP, I need to freeze the first row (header row) so that it will always appear at the top of every page and its data will not be included in sorting. Only data below the first row should be sorted. How do I do that? At present whenever I sort by any column, the header row gets sorted along with the other data. That is unacceptable. Lt. Ito "classified"@" <""(classified\"@)"> wrote in message news:Owj8ZbFTGHA.2156@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > In Excel XP on Windows XP, I need to freeze the first row (header row) > so tha...

Add an inches sign to many rows
I have a spreadsheet that has a number in each row that doesn't have an " inch sign. I want to add an " sign to each of the cells next to the number without have to manual put in ". i.e. 29.3 29.3" Is there a special trick? Denise -- Denise B. Type the " in a cel, then use the concatenate formula. You can then paste your results in the original column. "Denise" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that has a number in each row that doesn't have an " > inch sign. I want to add an " sign to each of ...

highlight an entire row if a date in one column falls between a given range
Apparently Iposted this on the wrong newsgroup, so I'm reposting here. I would like to know if there is a macro that automaticalle highlights an entire row if a date located in one column falls between a given range: TITLE DAY1 DATE 1 Math Mon 5/15/06 2 History Tue 6/17/06 3 English Wed 8/13/06 If I have the above information, can I create a macro to highlight in bold the entire row if a cell in column "DATE' is between 6/01/06 and 6/20/06? (row 2 in this case) Thanks! Try something like this: Select Row_2 through Row_4 (enti...

Find and Highlight duplicates in 5 non-adjacent columns
I have series of serial nnumbers in five non-adjacent columns. Ineed to find, and, if possible, highlight them. I am using Excel 2003 at work and 2007 at home. EX: A B C D E F G H I J 1 31686 ....... 21213 ....... 37801 ....... 55555 ....... 78613 ........ 2 37814 ....... 80081 ....... 67766 ....... 54455 ....... 84400 ........ 3 55555 ....... 60550 ....... 41223 ....... 10002 ....... 27177 ........ 4 43477 ....... 77772 ....... 43434 ....... 94867 ....... 2952...

How do I insert a row of blank cells?
I need to know how to insert a row of blank cells every other row in the columns from F to I ONLY!!! I currently have just a straight set of data in those columns like data-data-data-data-data-data. I need to have it alternate data-blankrow-data-blankrow-data-blankrow- as I go down from row to row. I need to do this for about 1000 rows so I need a quick way to do it if there is one. HELP!!! Looks like this: Data Data Data Data I want this: Data Data Data Data Thanks. Chris -open the VB editor -double click the sheet of interest -View from the menu--> Code -Paste the belo...