How do I prevent spicific visable cells from printing

I have a cell that is setup as a hyperlink and has text in it to show its
function.  However I would like to prevent this cell form appearing on any
printed form.  Can any one explain how to acheive this.
0
Gazboe (1)

Format>Custom  ;;;  (three semi-colons)

The text won't show in the cell or on a print-out.

The hyperlink will still work.

You can always clear the formatting after printing.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:51:02 -0800, Gazboe <Gazboe@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a cell that is setup as a hyperlink and has text in it to show its
>function.  However I would like to prevent this cell form appearing on any
>printed form.  Can any one explain how to acheive this.
0
Gord

2nd page of duplex print is upside down. How can I fix this?
My brochure is not printing properly. The 2nd page is a reverse of the first. Look in the printer options, is there a option to "flip pages up" or similar phrasing? Disable the option. If you are duplexing manually, figure out how to feed your paper correctly. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Penquin" <Penquin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56957263-C105-4926-8893-DC8DF717EAB6@microsoft.com... > My brochu...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

Updating linked cells within a workbook, from worksheet to workshe
(Excel 2002) I have a 5G Excel workbook with around 40 worksheets in it. Many of the sheets contain cells that refer to values in other sheets. I recently found that some of the values were incorrect (I believe they were just not updated). When I double clicked on the cell, gained access to the formula and then hit enter, the cell updated. I'm wondering 2 things - 1) Under what circumstances will cells NOT automatically update? I thought they always updated automatically as long as you're working within the same workbook. 2) Is there a way that I can update all cells at o...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

how to cell reference a Chart title
I want to reference a cell for chart title so that excel gets it automatically from a cell without typing in Title tab/Chart title box. I tried to use indirect command but it didn't help also I search help for charting in Excel help file but couldn't find anything. Is it possible? TIA, Rasoul Khoshravan, Tabriz, Iran See Dynamic Chart Title http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_chart_title/index.html "Rasoul Khoshravan Azar" wrote: > I want to reference a cell for chart title so that excel gets it > automatically from a cell without typing in Title t...

Print Selected Items in Excel Order Form
Hi, I’m new to the site and also to Visual Basic. I have found the following code from Dave Peterson on http://www.contextures.com/xlForm03.html, which does more or less what I want apart from one thing, which I can’t figure out how to change. Values from the worksheet list, starting in Column B and moving right, are copied to the order form, into the addresses specified. Instead of copying values from Column B and moving right (as in B1, C1, D1...), I would like to copy to the form only selected cells like B1, D1, H1... Print Marked Items Code Option Base 0 Sub Print...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

Excel Label Printing Problem
I am trying to print my list of movies from an Excel sheet to Avery fil folder labels. I have tried Mail Merge, to no avail. The problem i when I merge, there is nothing on the label sheet. I'm pretty sur there must be some way to do this. I can't believe I have to forma file foler labels as addresses! Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com David McRitchie's web page should tell you what you need to do: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep al...

plus sign before cell reference in formula
what is the difference between this formula: =+C31*$D$14 and this one: =C31*$D$14 both formula give the same results. what is the purpose of the plus sign? The plus sign serves no useful purpose whatsoever It does tell us that maybe the originator of the workbook began life as a Lotus 123 users where formulas began with +. And that they have not yet found that Excel does not require them (old habits die hard - or not at all) best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "KrispyData" <KrispyData@discussions.microsoft....

Grouping rows based on like data in a cell and then separating them
Lets say you have a 15,000 line spreadsheet covering about 8,000 different items. Some items have multiple lines devoted to them. Each line is a separate transaction related to that item. After sorting the list by the item name, I now wish to have excel insert a blank line between each different name. So basically this: alpha alpha beta beta beta gamma delta delta would become this: alpha alpha beta beta beta gamma delta delta Is there any way to do that other than manually inserting rows? An automated process would save a LOT of time. Sub InsertRow_At_Change() Dim i As Long ...

Previous Cell Comments Appearing when Mousing over cells in one column
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am seeing a previous cell comment when I mouse over another cell in a different column of cells. It only happens in the one column and its the same cell comment. How can this situation be fixed so I will not see this comment? Thanks. You actually can delete comments. Go to help menu and click on search type in comment or commenting and see if you can find deleting comments. > Thanks but this is not the problem. I don't want to delete the comments. For the moment I reverted to a previous version that I had...

cell reference in a formula is called
Please confirm the correct answer to the below question cell reference in a formula is called? I'm not sure what you are asking for. In a user defined function in VBA, Application.Caller will return a Range reference to the cell which called the function. In a formula, ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()) will return the address of the cell containing the function. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "???????????" <???????????@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22EA36DA-A680-4414-87DF-EBD3BA96820...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

moving and dragging multiple cells together without merging?
is it possible to do this say i have a row, A2-F7 there is data in each cell can i make it so i move any of the cells (lets say C2) up or down and the whole row will all move in a unit as if it was merged? i dont want to officially merge though because then that will screw up the data inside the cells -- pete321 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pete321's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35354 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=551972 Instead of a cell, use the row count...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

cells not right when save as html
When I save my workbook as an html page the formatting on my 45 degree cells at the top of the page are no longer at a 45 degree angle. Is it possible for this formatting? ...

Prints only part of page OT
I have just installed a Kodak ESP7 printer. Both the test page and a file from Wordpad prints, say, the first inch and the rest is blank. I would suspect the printer driver needs re-installing (even though only just installed). Is there anything I should look for please? Thanks. Bill Try this link http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=10&pq-locale=en_US&_requestid=140 Bill R wrote: > I have just installed a Kodak ESP7 printer. Both the test page and a file > from Wordpad prints, say, the first inch and the rest is blank. I would &...

Printing worksheet
Is it possible to assign a button, within a worksheet, with a macro t print that workshee -- davejo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- davejon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2909 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48815 Davenon, here is one way, Sub Print_Activesheet() ActiveSheet.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" me...

Prevent calculation of fields in split view
Hi all! I have following problem: Most of my forms are displayed in split view, within some of them i am doing different calculations, displaying the calculated values in text boxes. Since some of those calculations are quite time-consuming, i dont want Access to calc. the values for _each_ record in the split-view (which it is doing right now). I want it to just calc the values for the record currently viewed, is there any way to do this? best regards, --Michael ...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

2 post regarding script error while printing
I continue to get a "script error" while trying to print. It deals with a "dll" called shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg I have reinstalled Office XP professional I've done just about everything I can think of get this thing running again. The script error occurs in both Outlook and Outlook Express And, more interesting, I loaded another e-mail client to see if that would work and it has the same script error. So, I'm beginning to think that the error is Home XP related fundamental to the operating system. Problem is, I have no idea where or how to repair XP home. I n...

Low Level Text File Printing
I am using Access 2003, VBA, and am trying to create a comma delimited text file. I am having a problem with a CF + LF put at the end of each print command. Because I have a lot of fields, I need to break each line up into several PRINT statements. Since Print ends with the CF+LF character , each line is being broken up into several lines. Can I prevent Print from appending a CF+LF? Is there another command which does not append CF+LF? An example is below. It should be one line, but it is coming out as two. Thanks Mike Thomas strLine = "The first part of the line -- &quo...

Prevent Forwarding #2
Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to someone else. Thanks!! Shannon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to > be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an > email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to > someone else. Can't be done, in general. -- Brian Tillman You'd need to use a service such as those listed at http://www.slipst...

Cell Issue
I have a cell in excel 2007 and it contains a paragraph but when you click out of the cell it looks like "############################################################" How do I get it to look like the data that in the cell? Hendrix brought next idea : > I have a cell in excel 2007 and it contains a paragraph but when you > click out of the cell it looks like > "############################################################" > > How do I get it to look like the data that in the cell? The contents of the cell are more than what can display in the cell at its ...

Prevent users from sending email?
Hi all - Objective: I would like to limit users from being able to send email to everyone in our organization. Problem: We do have an Everyone distribution list that I have configured to only accept messages from certain users. This is ok, but once the user is presented with the access denied message they just select all the users in their contact list or they select enough of the groups to have the entire organization covered and send the email that way. Putting company policies aside, is there a technology solution for this? Any ideas?? -Donnie Set the maximum number of reci...