How do I prevent "Help" from opening when I open Excel?

Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right.
How do I pevent this?  I only want Excel to open with a new sheet.
--
Lee P
0

Lee

Help or TaskPane.

For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open
Excel should not display.

If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right.
>How do I pevent this?  I only want Excel to open with a new sheet.
0
Gord
12/12/2005 9:34:55 PM
Thank you, Gord.  The uncheck worked.
--
Lee P

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Lee
>
> Help or TaskPane.
>
> For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open
> Excel should not display.
>
> If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane"
>

> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right.
> >How do I pevent this?  I only want Excel to open with a new sheet.

0
Leep (4)

help! how to remove reference to MS Exchange account?
I do NOT have MS Exchange account, only Internet email. By mistiake I specified Exchange in the installation, but with no valid account, Outlook will only allow me to open local files. I have removed and reinstalled Outlook 2000 twice, and there appears no opportunity to remove the reference to MS Exchange. Thanks rockypierre <rocky_pierre@yahoo.com> wrote: > I do NOT have MS Exchange account, only Internet email. > By mistiake I specified Exchange in the installation, but > with no valid account, Outlook will only allow me to open > local files. > > I have re...

Help 03-16-08
I need help. For the Incoming(POP3) and outgoing mail (SMTP) i dont know what to put there so i can receive and send mail. Please help! On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:38:19 -0400, Brittney Ballenger wrote: > I need help. For the Incoming(POP3) and outgoing mail (SMTP) i dont know > what to put there so i can receive and send mail. > > Please help! You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Email program you are using. I would suggest you ...

New help with setting up printing
I am helping a friend with a 50th class reunion. I am uning a booklet style and have the middle two pages as a picutre, and a front and back cover. The pages in the middle will be class mates in alphibetical order. Not sure how to set up the pages between the cover and the center. Total of 12 pages with 1 being front 12 being back and 6 & 7 being the picture in the middle. I need to know where to start the bios on all the classmates to make them come out in order in the booklet. Thanks in advamce. What version Publisher? The catalog merge maybe your solution. Otherwise, you have 8 ...

Outlook quietly sending 'not read receipts'
Several weeks ago I switched to 2003 from the earlier version. And then two days ago Outlook began sending masses of 'not read: (email subject line)' emails to many of my contacts including myself as I sometimes put myself in cc. The problem is that they HAD been all read! I do not usually open my incoming mail but use the preview pane. But usually this should suffice, shouldn't it?Also, I use Hotmail as my primary and single email account. I know that several of my contacts do not use read receipts but still they are being sent them! The 'not read' email contains no text, ...

Vlookup and Hlookup help
I have a situation where I need to lookup Product A but then lookup Company A in a column that changes. vlookup("Product A",A1:T25,hlookup("Company A",A1:T25,0)) but can't seem to get this to work. The vlookup area has Product A listed 5 times but Company A (horizontally is only listed 1 time). I hope this makes sense but I can't seem to get it to work. Example - my total for Product A and Company A should be $500 Company A Company B Company C Product A 0 100 0 Product A 0 100 0 Product A 0 100 0 Product A 100 100 0 Product A 100 100 100 ...

Help please...Report Graphs and Charts
I have a few columns of data that i would like to graph for each customer. My chart is coming up blank. I have a report that alreayd lists date, weight, waist inches, and a few other items. When i add the date and the other values (in expectation to see how the values change over time it comes up blank. I'm trying to have the dates show along the bottom and the weight, waist, etc. item on the side bar. I'm trying to use a line chart but its not working. Any suggestions. The original report is based on a quiery that joins my customer table and my measurements table. Can i just us...

Help for how to associate names to phone numbers
In an excel sheet I have built a small database with phone numbers in column A and names in column B. Below this database and in the column A, there are phone numbers without names on its contiguous B cells. I'm looking for a formula (to be written in these column B adjacent cells) that will show the names relative to those phone numbers, as stated on the database. Thanks in advance Jaime-Oviedo-Spain -- Saludos J.G.Benedet Take a look at HELP for LOOKUP -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Jaime" <jgoben@inetcom.es> wrote in message ...

Address Book Errors
We have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 clients running in cached mode. I have two issues that I am desperate for help on. These issues may be related or not - I just don't know. Please help! 1) The Outlook clients are NOT able to download the Offline Address Book. I migrated from Exchange 2000 and this has been an issue since we migrated. On Send and Receive the users see the error message that there was a failure and the Offline Address Book was unable to be synchronized. When I take the unit offline I do not have an Address Book. 2) I recently added and delted some users...

Port Fowarding HELP
Hello, I want to port forward to port 80 from a linux box to the exchange server sitting in our trusted lan. I need to do this so OWA can be contacted from the outside world by going through a linux machine I am trying to connect through the Linux box in two ways: 1. a reverse proxy (similar to ISA server) so that port 80 on the Linux box facing the public Internet automatically proxies to port 80 on the Windows server on the internal network running OWA (and Exchange on the same box) 2. simple SSH port forwarding - port 10080 on my local system is forwarded through th...

Need Help with custom reciept code
I need to use "\t" (total pages) and "\p" (current page) to perform the following operation in a receipt template for RMS but cannot get it to work is it possible to cast the variables or something? <SET name="TotalPage" type="vbLong"> "\t" </SET> <SET name="CurrentPage" type="vbLong"> "\p" </SET> <IF><CONDITION> CurrentPage = (TotalPage / 3) * 2</CONDITION> <THEN> <!-- Perform desired task --> </THEN> <ELSE> <!-- P...

Help combining values with a space between
Howdy All, I am wondering if someone can help me with this one. I have values in columns A and B. The values are numeric. I need to have the value combined into column C with a space between them. Example. A1 = 12345 B1 = 98 C1 must be 12345 98 Thanks, Brian hi Brian =A1&" "&B1 Regards Roger Govier Brian wrote: >Howdy All, > >I am wondering if someone can help me with this one. > >I have values in columns A and B. >The values are numeric. >I need to have the value combined into column C with a space between them. > >Example. > &g...

Using If with SumProduct help please!
I have a formula that gives me the average sales price for properties that fall within a certain value. I would like to break it down further by designating these same averages by state rather than just overall. Here is my existing formula: =(SUMPRODUCT(--($E$2:$E$495>50000),--($E$2:$E$495<75001),$D$2:$D$495)/SUMPRODUCT(--($E$2:$E$495>50000),--($E$2:$E$495<75001))) I would like to add state criteria to this, such as all properties in CA. How can I accomplish this? I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions!!! Thanks Suzanne Hi I assume that you have state...

exchange best practices analyzer tool help
I had the older version of this tool and yesterday updated it to the latest version. When i run it the report states that it can not do a dsacess query --ping, but I can ping this dc from the exchange box without issue. Is there a problem with this latest version? I am not having any mail problems? I can upload the report to you if needed. "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had the older version of this tool and yesterday updated it to the latest >version. When i run it the report states that it can not do a dsacess query >--ping, but I can pin...

Help needed with Multipage UserForm (VBA)
Bear with me folks, I'm a newbie when it comes to VBA: In John Walkenbach's book "Excel 2002 Power Programming with VBA," there is an example of a multipage UserForm (Wizard) where the data is inserted in contiguous cells of a (single) active sheet. I'm looking for the syntax (or better still, an example) for inserting the data inputs in specific cells in different worksheets, in a multi-worksheet workbook. Any help will be appreciated. Not quite sure what you're looking for, but maybe: Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() With ActiveWorkboo...

Please help
On one of our workbooks we have several graphs that pull information from the other worksheets within the workbook. When I click on the tab (worksheet) that contains the graph(s), I get the message "Runtime Error 13: Type Mismatch." This error has given us a lot of problems and has even screwed up data in this and other open workbooks. Please, can someone help me figure out how to look into this problem? I know very little about graphs in Excel so please be very details and step-by-step. Sandra Sandra - There is some kind of macro that is kicked off when you activate ...

help, mshtml.h
I am using VC6 and IE6 am trying to get the sample code wb_print06 to work, this sample is supposed to render the contents of the browser control to a bitmap file. Unufortunately I cannot get it to build because IHTMLElement2 is used in the sample but is not defined in my <mshtml.h> header. According to MSDN documentation this type has a minimum availability of IE5 so why doesn't my header have it? How can I get this to compile, do I need a new version of the mshtml header? How do I generate that? Follup: I figured it out. You have to download and install updated platform s...

Auto Complete from a drop down please help
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have a list of part numbers (over 1000 at the moment) in column A of sheet 1, Columns B,C,D and E all have relevant information about the part number, size, weight etc. <br><br>On a separate sheet I have created a sort of 'order form' using a Vlookup function. I have also created a drop down screen as the input on my 'order form'. However I have two problems, one: the drop down screen is not being accepted as the ONLY form of input on the order form, which I need, and secondly, the drop down screen...

Need help with copy if
What I am trying to do is copy column A-D from "scheduled" worksheet t "test" worksheet if column X has an "X" in the column. Is thi possible and if so how is it done -- jkrist46 Enter and run this small macro: Sub Macro1() Dim r1 As Range Dim r2 As Range Dim L As Long Worksheets("scheduled").Activate For L = 1 To 65536 If Cells(L, 24).Value = "X" Then Set r1 = Worksheets("scheduled").Range("A:D") Set r2 = Worksheets("test").Range("A:D") r1.Copy r2 Exit Sub Else End If Next ...

XPath help
Hi, I need some help with xpath. I am very unfamilair with XPATH. I have an xml file with the folloing structure: <Photos> <Photo> <Description>This is a photo of horse that colicked. The bowel is necrotic and on the wrong side of the horse. </Description> <FileName>deadbowel.jpg</FileName> <FilePath>/photos/Pathology/deadbowel.jpg</FilePath> </Photo> </Photos> What i want to do is retrieve the description for apprpriate photo. I guess the sql equivalent would be Select description where filename=@filename. This is so i can use...

Is this possible? Help appreciated!
In a certain wookbook, I have a pre-set time entered in A1. (Let's sa 10:00 am next Monday morning) When the pre-set time is reached... If the workbook is closed, I want it to open automatically on Sheet1. If the workbook is already open, I want it to change automatically t Sheet1 (assuming that Sheet1 is not the sheet shown at the time). This would be an -enormous- help. I already use a sticky note progra that appears on top when the alarm goes off, but having the specifie sheet of the workbook I want at the time popping up automatically woul be even better. Thanks in advance, Andre...

POLE DISPLAY...plz help
I know I have posted like crazy on this pole display..I think this will be the first one to see if it can fly..lol anyways...I have installed the drivers for it...its recognized....I did a health check and it says its using com1...and something else is using same port..how do I check to see whats usiong same ports..I havent done that in forever.... when u look at the pole display it shows symbols and weird characters.... also when I am finally done configuring this ...all I have to do is start putting inventory into database ..right....and the back office machine is going to have a wir...

help with photo display ads
i need help creating a template for display advertising Specifically what kind of help? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "housebuzz" <housebuzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6387DD1-A1C2-420C-AC36-F240A74D16AA@microsoft.com... >i need help creating a template for display advertising ...

Help with IF THEN Formula
I am having trouble with this formula: =IF([Book2]Sheet1!B1=0,"NA",[Book2]Sheet1!B1) Typically, if the cell is blank or has a zero in it, it will retur "NA." Now, however, if the cell to the left of it has a value in i ([book2]sheet1!A1), then it will return a blank and not "NA." If th cell to the left of it does not have a value, it will return "NA." This is confusing and frustrating. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Chri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com What is the formula in B1? -- Regards, RD ---------------------...

Help VBA code
I have a series of text boxes that change color depending on what option button is selected. How can I condense the code below so that it could work with hundreds of text boxes i.e. text99? I am new to VBA and I think that I have to use variables? Private Sub Text1_Click() If Me.Option1 = True Then Me.Text1.BackColor = RGB(164, 211, 238) Else If Me.Option2 = True Then Me.Text1.BackColor = RGB(216, 191, 216) Else If Me.Option3 = True Then Me.Text1.BackColor = RGB(255, 214, 159) Else Me.Text1.BackColor = 15329774 End If End If End If End Sub Private Sub Text2_Click()...

Need help with importing from excel
I have 4 sheets in excel . When i want to import them from access they made me a duplicate eac time i do an import. So my data in each sheet is repeated over and over everytime i import. How can i import new data without repeating the one that is alread there.?? -- edith.varelaPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces ...