How do I merge two files in Excel?

How do I merge two Excel files, each with a different name and different
data?  Thanks...Mike
0
Chem303 (2)

Hi
you may provide some more details:
- data layout
- HOW you want to merge them
- etc

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Chem303" <Chem303@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> How do I merge two Excel files, each with a different name and different
> data?  Thanks...Mike

0
frank.kabel (11126)

two lists
I have two lists in separate worksheets. The data is almost identical. There is a column for ID and a column for a post code. I need to be able to put all the data into one sheet with three columns. One will list the the IDs and the others will put the two postcodes next to each other. Unfortunately, some IDs only appear in one sheet, some in the other and some are in both. So I will have some records complete and some partial complete. I have tried to use a look-up but I have confused myself. help! bazblazer, I'm not sure I've actually heard a question. I've made an example. ...

Use Excel for todo lists?
Anyone use Excel for todo lists? If yes..... any add ons worth getting for that purpose? Google returns many hits for "Excel to do list" Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:vchtt05jj2a09pqdej484eu27gaq51oo2h@4ax.com... > Anyone use Excel for todo lists? > > If yes..... any add ons worth getting for that purpose? ...

File Dialog in access 2007 01-11-10
Im having problems with the following code in access 2007. I'm trying to open a file dialog to place an image into a form. Any help would be appreciated Reghards Rob. Sub getFileName() ' Displays the Office File Open dialog to choose a file name ' for the current id record. If the user selects a file ' display it in the image control. Dim fileName As String Dim result As Integer With Application.FileDialog(MsoFileDialogOpen) .Title = "Select Picture" .AllowMultiSelect = False .Filters.Clear...

How to get two different grouped pivot tables from the same data table?
Hi, I have one data sheet that looks like this: Date Value (=80) 2008-02-01 450 .. .. .. 2009-06-03 From the data sheet (Data) I have created a pivot table grouped by months and years (Pivot 1) with the sum of value. That is no problem. But later when I create one more sheet where I want the data to be grouped by weeks (Pivot 2) the grouping changes in Pivot 1 to weeks too. Does anyone know how to get around this? How can you get for example get one pivot graph showing the sum per week and one per month in the same Excel file using grouping on...

Outlook 2003 PRF File
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to set-up multiple profiles in a PRF files. We have a document management product that required a second profile in order to interact and so when Outlook is started we would like it to set-up the user profile and this additional profile, so 2 profiles. I know that you can set-up multiple services but we would like to have multiple profiles. Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council Each PRF file can set up only one profile, and Outlook can process only one PRF file per Outlook session. Therefore, you can do this, but it will require ...

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

.wav file issue
Greetings all: I created a small PowerPoint 2007 .pps file and in it is a 17mb .wav file. My intent is to attach the file to an email and send it to someone. I published the .pps to a folder then sent a test email to a 3rd party system, attaching the .pps file that then resided in the created folder. The works fine on my system, but does not play in the test system. I've received scores of .pps files in emails and sound plays. What am I missing? Thank you. "pinger" <pinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33009843-0AF8-436E-988A-9D...

Message Tracking log file
Why are the client-ip and Client-hostname fields blank or contain the Exchange server IP/host name instead of the client information? I have 3 exchange servers, and they all are like that. I am trying to find out whether a message was generated by or user or a virus. Thanks If you're using MAPI, you're not sending SMTP from the client. If you want those populated I'd think you'd have to switch to the less functional IMAP and send via SMTP. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "PE" <PE@discussions.micro...

Linking Cells: Excel into Word Document
Greetings, After reading through the help files for Excel 2002, it seems to me that there is no way, except for programming, to have just a range of cells in a worksheet be linked to a Word document. Here is what I am attemping to accomplish: Using Word to create an extensive document for a database proposal. Using Excel to document the all of the required tables (since nothing has been created in Acces and I am new databases), drawing diagrams with lines and other database objects. Would like to be able to insert/link certain cells from a worksheet (which would be many inserts/links) into t...

Tabbing in Excel
Simple question: Is there a way to edit the direction of the Tabbing feature. Building a spreadsheet with locked/unlocked cells and need to change the default of "right to left" to "down then over". Any help? reply to : jerry.creacy@acs-inc.com oops. Default should be "left to right" >-----Original Message----- >Simple question: Is there a way to edit the direction of >the Tabbing feature. Building a spreadsheet with >locked/unlocked cells and need to change the default >of "right to left" to "down then over". Any he...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

How can I run two powerpoint sessions?
I want to compare two power point presentations on a system with two monitors. Each monitor would have a powerpoint session running so that I could see them side by side. I do not want to run both power point presentation in one session as this, even when maximised only fills one monitor and there is no enough screen space to see the two presentatiosn side by side. This is easily done in both Word and Excell simply by starting a new sessin when the firts one ins minimused. But I cant seem toget Power point to follow suite. With the first presentation minimized, Hold down the ...

Mass Re-linking of Broken Excel 2000 and 2003 Files
We are moving customer files to a different server and have several individuals who have MANY linked Excel 2000 and 2003 files to other Excel files. I am getting pressure from some individuals on finding a tool to re-link moved files more easily than on a one-by-one basis when they are opened. Does anyone know of anything like this? Have a look in Help at Worbook.ChangeLink HTH -- AP "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 88648722-5AC2-4C38-8536-ED7A405F095E@microsoft.com... > We are moving customer files to a different server and...

Word mail merge

Accessing two tables from a single mfc application
Hi, I need to know how to access two tables using a single mfc(vc++) application. I also need to know how to extract data from a table using an mfc application using a primary key in a table.It is very important that I get answers for these two questions as this is part of my final year college project and I have very little time to complete this. Please Help! Thanks, Satish. "Satish Chandrasekar" <yourdisplayname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D7EC0A-18C3-4375-B5A5-AFDB1AB2F577@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I need to know how to access two tab...

Can't find how to change Y-axis range to show new data in Excel Mac 12.2.4
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a simple bar chart that I created some years ago in a previous version of Excel. I add data each month and it shows miles I drive per month over the year, very helpful to keep track of distance and gas mileage. I've extended the Y-axis range downward a few times before, but can't find out how to do it this time. I always install the latest updates from Microsoft and now I'm running Excel 2008 for Mac version 12.2.4 (100205). My Y-axis range in this chart starts at 800, but I drove only 772 miles ...

.csv file
I am creating a .csv file which includes bank account numbers. Some of them include zeroes at the beginning but even if I format the column as text, the zeroes keep disappearing. Is there a way to keep the zeroes at the beginning of each cell? I am on Windows XP Professional and running Excel 2003 SP2. Thanks, Katherine How are you checking for the leading 0's? Are you opening the .csv file in NotePad? Or are you reimporting the file into excel? Try opening in NotePad to check. BCK57 wrote: > > I am creating a .csv file which includes bank account numbers. Some of them ...

Closing Outlook in a .bat file...?
Hi, Can I force Outlook to close in a DOS .bat file so I can then invoke the backup of the .pst database in the same .bat...? Thanks... -- Susan "Tiscali" <kegler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:42d0ef53$1_3@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com... > Hi, > > Can I force Outlook to close in a DOS .bat file so I can then invoke the > backup of the .pst database in the same .bat...? > Yes, but two caveats: 1) The tool you use may depend on your version of Windows 2) Unless you take very special measures (keystroke pushing to answer dialogs) ...

Some JPG files cannot be open after Security Update for Outlook.
Just recently some of the users cannot open some JPG files. After some testing when file was saved through Outlook the size increased by ~30 KB and Windows Picture and Fax Viewer wasn't able to open the file. When files was saved through OWA Windows Picture and Fax Viewer could open the file fine. Tried to disable antivirus on outlook, server and nothing helped. Eventually uninstalling "Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (KB945432)" fixed the problem. Since then if the file is saved through Outlook it opens fine. Anybody experiencing this problem as well? Is there...

Shared excel file dissapears
We use a shared excel 2000 xls file shared on a w2k server as a production log. we now have about 30 users with about 12 users constantly editing. As we add more users the dissapearances seem to mount up. we are at about 2 a day now. I was wondering what the max amount vs the recommended amount of simultaneous users are. Are there any known issues which would cause excel to mysteriously vanish?? thanks cr -- http://QLiner.com It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. - Winston Churchill ...

Opening a pst file with Outlook...
I sent home my contacts from outlook at work to my home here. The file is contacts.pst which is 761 KB. I went to outlook and clicked "file" "open" then "open data file" but my contacts are not showing. It brings me to a blank page. Does anyone know or have any idea where the contacts may have gone. I need these fiels ASAP as I am now working from home. If you can help please respond or call my cell at 630.532.1773 It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shaun How did you create this PST? It's too small to contain much data. If you opened it and they...

Pasting picture files to Excel
Whenever I paste ia jpg picture nto Excel (or Word for that matter), I get only 3 choices (bitmap, metafile (bigger than bitmap), and photoediting (bigger than both)) . My question is, is there anyway to paste in a picture to an Excel file, but keeping it compressed as a jpeg file, this way the excel file size doesn't grow by leaps and bounds? Thanks. Matt: Since Excel has the ability of editing a picture, the software has to limit its pictures to those formats that MS has editing tools to work with. That's why you can't easily set up JPG or GIF pictures as embedde...

Free! Learn MS Excel
The following is a video that demonstrate to you: How to plot a chart with Microsoft Excel. http://raymondlamsk.blogspot.com/2008/05/free-learn-microsoft-excel-how-to-plot.html I hope it helps you in one way or another. ...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Excel "file is already open"
Whenever I open a '.xls' workbook from outside Excel (such as from Windows Explorer), Excel indicates that the file is already open - although, once I click OK, I seem to be able to work with the file normally. The same file will open fine from within Excel. I am using Excel 97 on an XP-Home machine. Can you explain why I may be getting this message, and how I might correct for it? The FAQ at Debra Dalgleish's site might give the solution: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen John McFadden wrote: > > Whenever I open a '.xls' workbook from ...