How do i merge data in a row of cells to be comma separated in on.

I have multiple columns each containing data that i now need to represent in
one final cell for each row. Can i merge the date with comma separators?
0
Banana (10)

One way:

    =A1 & "," & B1 & "," & C1...

Alternatively, you could use the UDF here:

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/multicat.html

    =MultiCat(A1:F1,",")

In article <AEEC8296-91AD-41BD-985A-37590284F84C@microsoft.com>,
 Banana <Banana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have multiple columns each containing data that i now need to represent in
> one final cell for each row. Can i merge the date with comma separators?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Paste rows in a table
Quite often I need to copy several rows of text to several rows of a table. I copy the rows that I want to paste into the tables, highlight the rows I want to copy to and click 'paste' or 'paste special/unformatted text' or 'paste special/formatted text'. Only the first word of each sentence is copied. How can I get all the characters/sentences of each row copied into as many rows in a table? Thanks for reading, wiersma7 Try using the 'table, convert text to table' command first. At the moment you are copying all the selected text then pasting...

Returning left part of cell before a character
I have a text file report that is not customizable. I import that into Excel. There is a field where relevant data ends after the colon character ":". Can someone help me with a formula I can put in column C that evaluates the corresponding cell in column B and brings back all text to the left of the colon mark? Examples: Column B freddy: 45345 sldf jeff: 45422 fdflh sam: bfd4454 In this case I want to return the characters to the left of the colon: freddy jeff sam Thanks in Advance! Alan Hi there, You can use the formula =MID(B1,1,FIND(":",B1)-1) This wi...

Linking Cells: Excel into Word Document
Greetings, After reading through the help files for Excel 2002, it seems to me that there is no way, except for programming, to have just a range of cells in a worksheet be linked to a Word document. Here is what I am attemping to accomplish: Using Word to create an extensive document for a database proposal. Using Excel to document the all of the required tables (since nothing has been created in Acces and I am new databases), drawing diagrams with lines and other database objects. Would like to be able to insert/link certain cells from a worksheet (which would be many inserts/links) into t...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

creating an address data base #2
I would like to create a database of clients, and when i type ne invoices i would like to select them so the address etc will fill int the address block automaticly -- adspreadboroug ----------------------------------------------------------------------- adspreadborough's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27192 ...

Importing data from Maximizer
Hi: What experience has anyone had with importing Maximizer data into MSCRM using either the Data Migration tool, Scribe, or a combination of both? Scribe don't handle this seamlessly, you apparently need to export to a .csv file first. Is this still quicker using this process with Scribe, than with the DMF? Many Thanks Cathy Allington Hi, We are also looking at migrating Maximizer into CRM. If you would not mind, could you please let me know if you find anything more on this. I would truly appreciate it. Shauna skoppang@shaw.ca "Cathy Allington" wrote: > Hi: > ...

Copying Cells #2
How can I copy a range of cells (some of which are filled with gray) from one worksheet to another worksheet without deleting any data that may be in the same range on the second sheet. Say the area is from A1 thru B2. Select A1 thru B2 on the first sheet and: Edit > Copy then select cell A1 only on the second sheet and: Edit > Paste Special > Formats. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200808 "DJ" wrote: > How can I copy a range of cells (some of which are filled with gray) from one > worksheet to another worksheet without deleting any data that may be in ...

Word mail merge

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

How do I use 2 sets of data in a chart
both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. Hi, Have read of Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html Cheers Andy Skeety wrote: > both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

adding data from multiple spreadsheets into one chart
I need to put information from 4 different spreadsheets into one graph. Can someone please help me? Produce a graph from your first spreadsheet. Copy the relevant data range from the second spreadsheet, then select the graph and edit/ paste special/ new series or new data points. Similarly for the third and fourth sheets. If you have difficulties getting exactly what you want that way, you can use edit Source Data in the graph to add an extra series or to change the X or Y data range for an existing sreries. -- David Biddulph "Marjory" <Marjory@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Linked Cells #8
How do I have a link jump to the linked cell vs. showing me the contents? Without knowing exactly what you're asking, you need to hyperlink the cell you want to jump from, select Bookmark, and then enter the Cell reference that you want to jump to. "Jill" <Jill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:227A882B-189A-4BE3-AEAE-A5C0CF6EF751@microsoft.com... > How do I have a link jump to the linked cell vs. showing me the contents? ...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

cell value
I need cells to show values when a check mark is entered. Like if I check this box then the value is 1.0 - this needs to be in several columns that I can then add the values together from Hi Lisa If you're using the Checkbox from the Form toolbar, right click and go to Format Control. Under the Control, you can link to a cell, select a cell "Z1" just for illustration, you can pick any empty cell. That can be visible or not but it will return "True or False". Now the cell that will return a value, just type =if(Z1=true,1.0,""),Remember to chang...

Group and Ungroup rows & sheet protection
Hello, I am using Excel 2000 On a workbook, I have created a grouping of 2 rows showing a "+" sign in the leftmost column. However, when I protect the worksheet, and try to click on the plus sign, a message comes up saying that I cannot use that command on a protected worksheet. I have another spreadsheet created months ago which permits this to be done. That sheet is protected, yet I can unhide the rows by clicking on the "+" sign I am dumbfounded to understand why it does this on one spreadsheet and not the other. Any ideas?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Moving an active cell
I need a snippet of code that will (when you use ctrl-d) look at the active cell, move the cursor down 9 cells (same column) and make that cell the active cell, no matter where you start on the spreadsheet. Any ideas? Thanks to everyone. -- Howard ActiveCell.Offset(8).Select Hope this helps. Otto "Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4AEBCBE-AB3A-456C-81D0-2478A113B5FE@microsoft.com... > I need a snippet of code that will (when you use ctrl-d) look at the > active > cell, move the cursor down 9 cells (same column) and ...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

Any way to shift data axes?
Helo all, I am having problems getting some data into the format I need. I'm wondering if this is even possible actually. I'm sure it is, but I'd prefer to keep things simple. Data is coming in from a linked Excel table in a format like the following MRC VEH 1 2 3 4 5 101 AAA 12 34 56 78 90 101 BBB 12 34 56 78 90 101 CCC 12 34 56 78 90 102 AAA 12 34 56 78 90 102 BBB 12 34 56 78 90 102 CCC 12 34 56 78 90 103 etc... MRC and VEH denote the cost centre and vehicle types. For those combinati...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Deleting Parts of Cells
I have a list of information in a column. All the information has the format of having numbers and letters then a / and more data. I only want to look at the data to the left of the /. So, I would like the data to the right of the / deleted, including the /. For example, I need YYY9/5 to read YYY9. Any suggestions? You could bring it into Excel as a txt file open the txt file in excel Text Import Wizard will appear select >delimited check > other and type the "/" into the box finish you should have a separation where the / was. "GOL" wrote: >...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

importing data using a macro #2
I'm trying to import ten sets of data in Excel. I click on import external data and then choose a file and press next. I add a space to separate the data into two columns and then press finish. I was wondering if it would be possible to use a macro to import the data. Possibly import the first one and then have the macro import the next 9 in succession. The files I import are always in succession, but always have slightly different names. For example, the data I collect today will be saved as 718cr1, 718cr2, 718cr3, etc. The last number represents the trial number and the fir...

Transfer data from XML to Stream?
Hi all, I have a COM component that receives XML documents from MSMQ. Before I process the final documents and pass it to my application, I want to modify the format a bit, as in create a name/value pair structure from an element structure or rename certain fields. I'm using XmlTextReader to read over the original doc and I'm using XmlTextWriter to create a new XML file that I essentially need to load up again into an XMLDocument object. I'd rather write the modified XML to a stream local to my running instance of the COM component rather than create another physical file then ...

Cell Range Names
I've looked around, but can't find if it's possible for me to "Lookup" in column of cells based on group criteria and automatically add a Range Name to them. I'm busilding a business spreadsheet that has numbered day of the month in column A and the related day name in column B. A B 1 Sat 2 Sun 3 Mon I want to do comparisons with previous years same "Weeks", like "week 1", "week 2", etc. starting from the first Saturday of the year to the last Friday of the year. I need to figure out how to lookup, group and automa...